Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Attorney for Jersey City charged with beating and choking his domestic violence counselor girlfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
Wow!

I don't know enough about the facts to really comment, but:

1. A domestic violence councillor
AND
2. A City-employed lawyer

Wow!

This feeds the perception that you gotta be a perp or victim to get a City job.

Posted on: 2007/6/14 7:41

Re: Attorney for Jersey City charged with beating and choking his domestic violence counselor girlfriend
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/6 12:00
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
who gave him the job? come on fat ass, i'm all for calling out the machine on hiring convicted felons or shady characters, but no one has a crystal ball.
there's no prior record talked about. So he's a scum lesson learned, but we can't blame the city for hiring him if he had a clean record

Point taken Erin, but someone who is prepared to hit a woman in the face would have some history somewhere.

ex-girlfriends, school days etc. I'd be surprised that somewhere in his past police hadn't spoken to him about violence.

You have to admit, you would have the be the biggest dumb-ass assaulting a domestic violence counselor without previous history and thinking you could get away with it!

Maybe he was never reported in the past. Unfortunatly many people take the abuse and never report it.

Gina

Posted on: 2007/6/13 16:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/6 12:00
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

edge wrote:
Maybe he just did it for the irony.

I am ashamed to say that you made me laugh out loud and I can't explain to my asst. what made me laugh.

Gina

Posted on: 2007/6/13 16:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/24 1:03
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe he just did it for the irony.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
who gave him the job? come on fat ass, i'm all for calling out the machine on hiring convicted felons or shady characters, but no one has a crystal ball.
there's no prior record talked about. So he's a scum lesson learned, but we can't blame the city for hiring him if he had a clean record

Point taken Erin, but someone who is prepared to hit a woman in the face would have some history somewhere.

ex-girlfriends, school days etc. I'd be surprised that somewhere in his past police hadn't spoken to him about violence.

You have to admit, you would have the be the biggest dumb-ass assaulting a domestic violence counselor without previous history and thinking you could get away with it!

Posted on: 2007/6/13 16:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Attorney for Jersey City charged with beating and choking his domestic violence counselor girlfr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
What a lovely, lovely story. Keep 'em coming.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
actually, my post was a (weak) attempt at a poke at GrovePath - because if the person lives anywhere other than downtown, the headline will read "Heights man arrested" or "Greenville man shot"... but it seems that whenever there's crime downtown, the headline submitted does not mention downtown...

i'll shut up now.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/6/13 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
shouldn't the headline read "Downtown resident arrested..."

eh?

No, because he is a public servant paid by 'our' taxes. We even have the right to know how much he earns.

I'm a strong believer that all public servants should be transparent and accountable as they have our trust and our representation as a community.

We should have a picture of him here and in the papers.

I wonder who gave him his job with the City in the first place.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 15:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
shouldn't the headline read "Downtown resident arrested..."

eh?

Posted on: 2007/6/13 14:02

Attorney for Jersey City charged with beating and choking his domestic violence counselor girlfriend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
City lawyer charged in violence

Wednesday, June 13, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

An attorney for the City of Jersey City was arrested twice on domestic violence charges this week after allegedly beating and choking his domestic violence counselor girlfriend, officials said.

Jersey City Assistant Corporation Counsel Henry Derek Edley, 57, of Seventh Street in Downtown Jersey City, was arrested hours after an incident at his girlfriend's Laidlaw Avenue home Sunday at 1:09 a.m., officials said.

Before his arrest he allegedly made a threatening call to the 38-year-old woman that was recorded on her voice mail and given to police, officials said. When Edley got out of the lockup Monday morning about 7 he was arrested again in connection with the threatening call, officials said.

Edley made his first appearance on the original charge of aggravated assault in Central Judicial Processing on Monday and posted bail, officials said. He then appeared in CJP again yesterday on the most recent charge of making terroristic threats and posted bail again, officials said.

Edley's attorney, Alfonso Robinson III of Jersey City, said "Mr. Edley is a city employee, he has been very cooperative with the police, and is trying to get the matter to its proper resolution." The attorney noted that Edley was arrested at his own home on Sunday without resistance.

The victim, a WomenRising domestic violence services counselor, told police that she and Edley had been involved about three years.

She said that on Sunday when she and Edley returned home after a party he began punching her in the face, reports said. She said he tried strangling her when she fell into a bathtub and she kicked him in order to escape, reports said.

The domestic violence counselor ran into her backyard and climbed a fence into the next yard, reports said, adding that people at the party next door helped her over. Someone at the party called police as Edley walked away on Laidlaw, and he was later arrested, reports said.

The victim was transported by ambulance to Christ Hospital for treatment, reports said. She was then taken to the North District police station and a judge signed a temporary restraining order for her, reports said.

Edley is a former public defender who worked in Hudson County Superior Court. His boss, Jersey City Corporation Counsel Bill Matsikoudis, declined to comment.

Posted on: 2007/6/13 13:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017