Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Gunfire on Newark Ave tonight
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/15 3:01
From Maplewood
Group:
Registered Users
I have a feeling that this story might blow up, especially when both sides start recalling how the altercation started. Race, gun laws, radio personalities, and a sketchy club are a recipe for a huge story.

Posted on: 2007/5/10 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Like the old saying goes, "If you have money you will spend it." Same applies to guns and in alot of cases, like money, you end up using it irrationally.

Back when our constitution was wriiten they were not talking about semi-automatic weapons or handguns. The gun rights people have it so wrong. Why they fight so hard to make it easy for people to get guns is amazing to me. It should be damn hard - easily harder than it is to get a drivers license.

Posted on: 2007/5/10 11:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lets shoot up the street whenever we are in some road or parking rage - what an idiot.
What a poor example of gun use and ownership - have little patience, mouth off at people knowing you have a gun on you and in your car.

Posted on: 2007/5/10 10:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Double-parking called cause of altercation
Thursday, May 10, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

'Shooter' is a gun shop owner

The man who was arrested last week after firing three rounds into the air during an altercation is the owner of a Jersey City gun shop.

David J. Murray, 47, who owns David's Sporting Goods, was arrested in the street in front of Jordan's Lounge at Newark Avenue and Second Street at about 11:30 p.m. last Thursday, police reports said.

He was charged with possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and unlawful possession of a weapon after allegedly firing his .357 magnum into the air three times during the incident caught on video by Jordan's Lounge security cameras, reports said.

The owner of the gun shop, located at Second Street and Newark Avenue, has a permit to carry guns while conducting his business, Jersey City Police Lt. Christine Petersen said yesterday.

The video shows Murray leaving his gun shop and walking across Newark Avenue to his car, which is blocked by a double-parked car. He backs up, although not as far as was possible, and tries to pull out, but is unable to. He opens his door and appears to yell something at the men in the double-parked car, making others in front of Jordan's turn their heads toward the action. There is no sound on the tape.

The driver and passenger in the double-parked car get out and walk over to Murray, who has words with one of them. Murray and the two men then walk behind Murray's car and are out of sight.

When they come back into view one of the men from the double-parked car is throwing punches at Murray. The man swinging at Murray then backs away when the gun shop owner apparently shows a gun, then fires it into the air while the man is only a few feet away in the street.

The man who had been punching Murray and the other man then get back into their vehicle and Murray walks to the driver's side door and pushes one of the men as he gets in. By now Murray is using his cell phone, apparently calling police.

The double-parked vehicle drives away and police arrive seconds later. Murray walks to the police car as a woman runs over, apparently yelling, "He's got a gun," according to police reports. Murray seems to chase her a few steps, but police put him against a car and handcuff him.

Murray then tells the officers he has a second handgun in his car and they take it.

Police said no one at the scene was cooperative.

Murray said yesterday his attorney advised him not to speak about the incident.

Posted on: 2007/5/10 7:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
I was just hoping for more coverage than that from the Jersey Journal.

I can't believe this hasn't become a bigger story.

Posted on: 2007/5/9 18:29
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's definitely David M. Murray, the gun shop owner. Last time I saw him, he was sporting an unconcealed leather shoulder holster with a long barreled Colt 357 magnum.

Posted on: 2007/5/9 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Funny, the gun shop is CLOSED today.

He has a huge sign in the window which reads:

Remove Hands From Pockets "BEFORE" entering!

Posted on: 2007/5/9 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Found this( check out the last paragraph - OMG):

2. NJ.com: Newslogs
www.nj.com/newslogs/jjournal/index.ssf?/mtlogs/njo - [Cached]

Published on: 2/22/2007 Last Visited: 2/23/2007

"There's 500 restaurants, 50 delis, 50 nail salons and 50 phone stores, but there's never been a store like mine," said David Murray, 47, owner of David's Sporting Goods and Self Defense, at 342 Second St.

Open since December, Murray's store is one of two licensed gun dealers in Hudson County - Caso's Gun-O-Rama, on Danforth Avenue in Jersey City, is the other.

It took him a year and a half to get permits from the local police, zoning board, State Police and federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The store also carries sporting goods - from boxing gloves to martial arts apparel. Murray says he omitted guns from the store's name in order to make it inviting to children.

Posted on: 2007/5/9 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
DONNELL ?ASHY? RAWLINGS FIRED: New York?s Power 105.1 cuts comedian over remark during ?Imus? uproar.

(May 8, 2007)

*Comedian Donnell ?Ashy? Rawlings says he was fired from his morning show gig on New York?s Power 105.1 following a suspension that lasted nearly two weeks.

While details surrounding the root cause of his firing have not been disclosed, his publicist says Rawlings made a controversial comment during the week of the Don Imus controversy, ?which prompted Power to make a public statement of ensuring more responsible programming,? said his rep.

According to SOHH.com, some listeners may have complained to owners Clear Channel about a joke he made on the air regarding Asians.

Soon after the ?controversial comment,? Donnell was the victim of a racially-charged attack outside of a Jersey City Club where he had just performed, his rep added.

?On Thursday around 10 p.m., as Donnell and his girlfriend were leaving the club, a Caucasian man in an SUV started brandishing a gun and screaming racist remarks,? his publicist explains. ?He then fired three shots in the air, before cops stepped in and wrestled the man down and arrested him.?

Rawlings, who co-hosted the Ed Lover Show with Egypt and Ashy Morning Show, is not yet able to comment on the Power 105.1 issue, his publicist said.

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur33373.cfm

Posted on: 2007/5/8 13:41

Chappelle's Show's Ashy Larry Victimized In Racist Attack After Appearing At Jordan's on Newark Ave
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
More Drama for Ashy Larry, Comic Victimized In Racist Attack

Monday - May 7, 2007 by Jane? Bolden
Ashy Larry

Days after talk of his firing from NYC's Power 105.1, comedian Donnell Rawlings was the target of a racially charged attack last week in Jersey City, New Jersey.

Last Thursday (May 3) around 10 p.m. comedian Donnell Rawlings was targeted outside a Jersey City Club where he just performed. Rawlings, famed for his Ashy Larry character on Comedy Central's "Chappelle's Show," was leaving Club Jordan's with his girlfriend, when a Caucasian man in a SUV brandished a gun at him and began screaming racist remarks. The man fired three gunshots in the air before police subdued him, wrestling him to the ground and then arresting him.

Rawlings told SOHH, "This is the sort of incident that the authorities and the powers that be need to be concerned about. Rampant, overt and baseless hatred that lives and breathes on our streets daily. Jokes spoken in jest are not the root of evil in our society... it's ignorant, angry people that create chaos. I think that the saddest part is that if this had happened to someone random (read: with no media presence) this incident would go largely ignored...that is the scary part."

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/11551

Posted on: 2007/5/7 18:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/6 14:49
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
I am really curious about what really happened here.

Based on my own experiences with David, and what I have read here, nothing would suprise me.

Posted on: 2007/5/7 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Holy Cow - I was kinda hoping it wasn't the David who owned the gun shop. Out of curiosity, I was in the store about a month ago and he was showing me one of those canes with a stilletto sword inside - and he told me a story about some senior citizen who was beat up in JSQ some time back. He then proceeded to say "that if that man had one of these - he would've been able to beat back those niggers" - yes he used the N word to my face. Unlike hime, I'm not white. Scary.

Posted on: 2007/5/7 13:24

Gun Store Owner's gun still hot after shooting off one of his guns, arguing with woman on the street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Gun Store Owner's gun still hot after shooting off one of his guns, arguing with woman on the street!

===========================
Wow, I missed a lot being away from JC for a few days! Hope that this gun store is now finally shut down -- it is hard to believe someone living or walking around there wasn't killed by this stray bullet! I wonder what kind of jail time this gun store owner now faces?
===========================

His gun was still hot
Saturday, May 05, 2007

Jersey City police responding to a call of shots being fired Downtown arrested a man after finding him carrying a gun they said was still hot from being used, officials said.

David M. Murray, 47, of Monmouth and Second streets, was arrested Thursday at 11 p.m. on Newark Avenue and was charged with possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and unlawful possession of a weapon, reports said.

Police responding to the call found Murray arguing with a woman who began shouting, "He has a gun," reports said.

When cops took Murray in they found he sported a shoulder holster holding a 357 Magnum with its barrel still hot, reports said.

The officers also found a .38 caliber handgun under the front seat of Murray's SUV, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2007/5/6 13:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/7/10 2:45
Group:
Registered Users
well just to let you know i live right accross the street from where it happened and the guy was trying to get out of his parking spot, but of course there was a double parked black truck in the way and the people in that truck were from jordans and before you knew it this guy was getting beat up by about 5 guys all from jordans,if they had just moved there truck nothing would of happened .

Posted on: 2007/5/6 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I just had lunch at Nha Trang Place next door to Jordan's. When I came out of the restaurant, there was a cop car across the street. Some people in suits were milling around the triangle building next to Metropolis Music store. Then a police truck pulled up. The people in suits started pointing up at the building. I didn't stay to see what they were looking at.

Perhaps bullet holes?

Posted on: 2007/5/4 17:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/10 3:33
Group:
Registered Users
I thought that's what I heard last night. I was in my apt and heard three gun shots. Does anybody know what happened?

I recently moved here (Feb. 07) from Forest Hills in Queens, NYC (nice neighborhood) thinking that this neighborhood would be a good neighborhood to invest in (I bought a condo). Now I'm not so sure

Posted on: 2007/5/4 16:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/22 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
Probably related- I was riding home up Newark around midnightish. There were a bunch of cops and civilians gathered outside Jordan's.

Posted on: 2007/5/4 13:47

Gunfire on Newark Ave tonight
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/5 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Nobody made a post about this yet?

Posted on: 2007/5/4 8:29

« 1 2 (3)