Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
169 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 169

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Re: American Can/ Canco Lofts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/11 3:55
Group:
Banned
Quote:

olive wrote:
I am not competing with anybody I have consider myself saint pauls complex, I have visited it as well as the canco lofts and many buildings in jc
so far, base on my preferences the beacon and canco are some of the best developments in the jsq area
nothing like saint pauls which has a lack of style and character
but hey.... I understand that not everybody has the same level of taste

so my apology to you, and your circumstances
Mr nondowntown if i offended you in any way

i'm half-inclined to cut you some slack and chalk your posts up to a language barrier or a learning disability, and you don't realise how much you sound like you're trying to promote Canco by insulting one of its neighbors. it doesn't seem to make sense that in the Beacon thread, you seem to be making specifically negative remarks, yet you praise it in this thread.

so either you're having a hard time expressing yourself, i'm completely misunderstanding what you're trying to say, or you're simply the winner of the "worst JCList shill ever" contest.

but good luck with your real estate venture. keep doing that homework.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 23:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/17 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
I am not competing with anybody I have consider myself saint pauls complex, I have visited it as well as the canco lofts and many buildings in jc
so far, base on my preferences the beacon and canco are some of the best developments in the jsq area
nothing like saint pauls which has a lack of style and character
but hey.... I understand that not everybody has the same level of taste

so my apology to you, and your circumstances
Mr nondowntown if i offended you in any way

Posted on: 2007/4/14 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

olive wrote:
so is "olive" a:

a.) Canco buyer
b.) Canco employee
c.) somebody related to a or b?
d.)none of the avobe

I guess d

I'm just very familiar with he jc market
I'm looking to buy something I have done my homework

sure, olive. your objectivity is palpable.

and from your original post, i would guess you didn't get around to doing any of your English or grammar homework.

i hope Canco does well, despite folks in sales, marketing, or simply biased buyers misconception that referring negatively to competitors does anything other than reveal your own insecurity or lack of faith in your own product/purchase.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 23:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
so is "olive" a:

a.) Canco buyer
b.) Canco employee
d.)none of the avobe

I guess d

I'm just very familiar with he jc market
I'm looking to buy something I have done my homework

Posted on: 2007/4/14 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

olive wrote:
these condos are very different from saint paul's
this is a factory being converted into condos there is a history behind this building saint pauls is just a huge apt complex with not style, kind of a private projects

you have to decide if you can sacrify the view for 14' high celing and 11" windows
this is a real industrial living

I am also sure that these condos wil appreciate much faster than saint pauls
wich actualy are coming down in price

about JSQ these area is under development and is just a matter of time to see new stores opening
the same that happened in downtown jc

so is "olive" a:

a.) Canco buyer
b.) Canco employee

Posted on: 2007/4/14 22:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/7 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dilettante wrote:
Quote:

momoomo2 wrote:
Funny, no one wants to discuss my comment regarding how disgusting and foul Little India really is. It really is absolutely disgusting.

That's because your comment is trivial.

+1

Posted on: 2007/4/14 22:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
these condos are very different from saint paul's
this is a factory being converted into condos there is a history behind this building saint pauls is just a huge apt complex with not style, kind of a private projects

you have to decide if you can sacrify the view for 14' high celing and 11" windows
this is a real industrial living

I am also sure that these condos wil appreciate much faster than saint pauls
wich actualy are coming down in price

about JSQ these area is under development and is just a matter of time to see new stores opening
the same that happened in downtown jc

Posted on: 2007/4/14 21:46

Re: Canco Lofts

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/4/17 18:02
Group:
Registered Users
What is the down payment that you need to do at booking? I am assuming the balance is due on possession.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 14:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/4/14 5:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

momoomo2 wrote:
Funny, no one wants to discuss my comment regarding how disgusting and foul Little India really is. It really is absolutely disgusting.

That's because your comment is trivial.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 5:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/8 1:55
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/4/14 2:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
I just meant that for a few of us (hundreds? Thousands?) the Indian businesses are less important than the Egyptian ones. There is some subjectivism here (gastronomics?), but also the fact that some of us (again, thousands?), when getting out of the PATH, go south on Bergen and for us the Indians are like inexistent in J Sq.

Posted on: 2007/4/14 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 14:19
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
.... I could tell in your previous post in this thread that your fingers were just aching to type those words. It was just a matter of time til you got brazen enough & showed your true feelings.

Are you implying that the "smell of curry" permeates throughout the "little India" area? Or is it really the people that you are implying that "smell of curry"? Seems to me the latter & not the former. Either way, sounds ignorant.

+1

Posted on: 2007/4/13 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JSQ wrote:
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
all journal sq is is little india, thats my point!!

I said it before and I have to repeat that, if not for the Arabs' stores, it will feel like country-side, with Duane Reade closing at 7 on Sunday.

ummm, when did Indians become Arabs?

Posted on: 2007/4/13 21:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/4 14:09
From Journal Square, duh!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
all journal sq is is little india, thats my point!!

I said it before and I have to repeat that, if not for the Arabs' stores, it will feel like country-side, with Duane Reade closing at 7 on Sunday.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 21:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
Get over it!! You dont know me and dont assume anything!!!!

The words are what they are!

Don't flatter yourself. I "got over it" the minute I finished writing my post.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 21:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
you missed y poiint!! i dont drink caramel latte!!

thats all there is, is little india!! when if you dont like indian food or the smell of curry????

Hoboken and downtown have many diverse restuarants, italian, spanish, indian, japanese, etc. all journal sq is is little india, thats my point!!

Ummm .... errr .... I actually think you missed my point. I mean, I don't understand why you don't like caramel lattes since they're quite tasty. Then again, I'm a Cuban espresso kinda guy myself.

Jokes aside, I was using latte as a metaphor for essentially all of the above, which would include:

Diverse restaurants, italian, spanish, indian, japanese ....

The point is that having communities like Little India, in a section of the city that has struggled in the past, helps fill in the blanks in creating a larger, more cohesive community. You add more development and additional like communities, and next thing you know, it all comes together. So yes, that smell of curry can be one of the catalysts to luring more commerce.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 20:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/8 1:55
Group:
Registered Users
Not to start trouble, but Little India is a rather foul, dirty little place, in need of a major overhaul! Not to knock the Indians, as the whole area could use real help.....

On another, more positive note, has anyone visited American Can that has also viewed the Beacon? How do they compare, and what is your preference?

Posted on: 2007/4/13 20:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/27 22:48
Group:
Registered Users
Get over it!! You dont know me and dont assume anything!!!!

The words are what they are!

Posted on: 2007/4/13 20:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
....if you dont like indian food or the smell of curry????

.... I could tell in your previous post in this thread that your fingers were just aching to type those words. It was just a matter of time til you got brazen enough & showed your true feelings.

Are you implying that the "smell of curry" permeates throughout the "little India" area? Or is it really the people that you are implying that "smell of curry"? Seems to me the latter & not the former. Either way, sounds ignorant.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 20:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
you missed y poiint!! i dont drink caramel latte!!

thats all there is, is little india!! when if you dont like indian food or the smell of curry????

Hoboken and downtown have many diverse restuarants, italian, spanish, indian, japanese, etc. all journal sq is is little india, thats my point!!

Posted on: 2007/4/13 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
If not for Little India, that area would be derelict.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 15:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
whats so great about Little India? If you dont like indian food or culture, you dont care about little india. I wish there was more around here BESIDES little india. thats the problem. too many condos, not enough different stores, shops, (nice stores). thats why most people go to downtown or hoboken to do much or all of there shopping and entertainment.

Cultural enclaves such as Little India help to foster a sense of DIVERSITY and lend CHARACTER to our still metamorphasizing city. Like Worm said, cookie cutter luxury condos are not the end all, be all. The more interesting and culturally robust the city becomes; the more people will want to live here. The more that happens, the more developers will want to build and others will want to rehab. The more all this happens, the more likely you will get an influx of the precious little stores you ache for coming into the neighborhood. It is an evolving process and it will take a synergy of varied forces. Try to remember that when you're sipping a caramel latte' somewhere in Journal Square a couple of years from now.

That?s what so great about Little India.

Posted on: 2007/4/13 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcaro28 wrote:
whats so great about Little India? If you dont like indian food or culture, you dont care about little india. I wish there was more around here BESIDES little india. thats the problem. too many condos, not enough different stores, shops, (nice stores). thats why most people go to downtown or hoboken to do much or all of there shopping and entertainment.

Believe it or not, there are people who do like areas that are not as cookie cutter pretty/trendy as Hoboken or Pavonia/Newport. Besides, if the American can bldg was located in an area that already had your definition of "nice stores" do you really think you could get in at the prices they are offering?

Posted on: 2007/4/13 1:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/4/12 21:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2007/4/12 20:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/4/17 18:02
Group:
Registered Users
What new towers?

Posted on: 2007/4/12 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
i was hoping to purchase one at the opening price, and maybe sell it when they are completed. the problem with that is, they are working in phases in different towers of the can company. so, if i bought one in tower 1, in a year i dont think id be able to sell it because buyers could buy inexpensively in another tower. i am not sure there will be enough buyers to allow me to 'flip' mine.

Have you been reading up on real estate lately? I am not sure you are in the right city if you are looking to "flip" a property you don't even own yet. You might not even be in the right country.
I think that the market for real estate for Jersey City, while still holding strong, is not going to see a huge rise in prices any time soon. You should probably continue renting or look in an area you have an interest in staying in for a while.
The area surrounding the Canco lofts does lack the kinds of stores you might find downtown. But it is a stone's throw away from little India and all the great food/grocery that area has to offer. Also, with the two new towers going up in Journal Square, the pressure to provide those basic ammenities is growing. You just have to be willing to wait it out for a while.

Posted on: 2007/4/12 18:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
i took a look the first day the sales office was open. i was really looking forward to being able to buy a new luxury 1 bedroom for under 300k.
however, when i saw what was available, i wasn't THAT impressed.
the 283k one bedroom apartments are on the 1st floor only. your view will either be a parking lot on the south side, or eye level with the 1/9 & Pulaski on the north side.
the one bedroom's bathroom has a bathtub that is very deep and hard to step in. it actually appears dangerous. they also don't come with a curtain or shower door. are adults really taking that many baths? i told the agent that, in my opinion, the tub was too high, and that a sliding shower door would be nice (especially with the prices they are asking). all i got was a shrug.
the other thing that put me off was that i couldn't get an accurate answer as to what the monthly fees would be. i can't sign myself up for a high mortgage, without knowing what my additional monthly fees are going to come to.
i may be very wrong, because i don't know the neighborhood very well, but it also seemed that the necessities a neighborhood needs, weren't there. the retail spaces of the canco property have not been leased, so you'd be left crossing your fingers hoping a supermarket opens.
i was hoping to purchase one at the opening price, and maybe sell it when they are completed. the problem with that is, they are working in phases in different towers of the can company. so, if i bought one in tower 1, in a year i dont think id be able to sell it because buyers could buy inexpensively in another tower. i am not sure there will be enough buyers to allow me to 'flip' mine.
please feel free to comment. i am not a real estate expert, so i would really appreciate some informed commentary.
thanks!

Posted on: 2007/4/12 17:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
St johns is very nice. My brother lives there. 201 St Pauls is the nicest and best mainrained of the bldgs. you are right, they are not new, but very well maintained with 24 hr dorman and security.

Posted on: 2007/4/12 14:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/24 1:03
Group:
Registered Users
property taxes come to about 1.5% of the sale price. this is seperate from maint.

Posted on: 2007/4/12 14:23

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017