Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Criminal trend among Jersey City cops, firefighters?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/24 10:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Read the article as if you are reading about Jersey City Politics - scary!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0507190273jul19,1,4996574.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Jersey City= Chicago

One Party Rule = Corruption, Nepotism and Cronyism

Posted on: 2007/3/23 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Read the article as if you are reading about Jersey City Politics - scary!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0507190273jul19,1,4996574.story?coll=chi-news-hed

Posted on: 2007/3/23 1:29
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Someone is keeping a nice scrap book!

http://www.talkingpolitics.net/Crime.htm

(even the photos of these guys look like they just old, useless hoods)

Nice !!! I guess I am not the only one keeping track!!!

Eureka , I have an idea !!!!!!

I think it is time for a new game is Jersey City.

Time for a new Post !!!

Posted on: 2007/3/22 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Someone is keeping a nice scrap book!

http://www.talkingpolitics.net/Crime.htm

(even the photos of these guys look like they just old, useless hoods)

Posted on: 2007/3/22 23:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/11 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
If you think it's bad here check out what the cops are doing in Chicago. WARNING THIS VIDEO SHOWS EXTREME VIOLENCE. A big fat ass cop beats up a female bartender, but she was okay, no serious injuries.

Posted on: 2007/3/22 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I've been in Bayonne and JC all my life, and the only reason I feel things are changing in our council / community and emergency services, is the new 'white collar' residents that have migrated here with a higher expectation of accountability from them. Neighborhood associations and even websites like this one and getnj.com, have proven to be a source of embarrassment to city hall with the sharing of information and observation of our 'public servants' at work by the general public.

This place was a siht hole 5+ years ago and things are now improving, but we still have the 'old school' personnel running things with a lot of 'skeletons' and 'baggage' around their necks.

I'll wait another 14 days before we see another ass-hole public servant, or contract service providers fcuk up.

PS, We also forgot about the JCPA fcuk wits in that group.

Fat Ass:

It may sound elitist but you are probably right. The U.S.S. Jersey City at City Hall has hit an iceberg and is ?taking on water? That iceberg consist of the Web and all the Neighborhood Groups. All we need to do is briefly put our differences a side and vote out all the trash and then change rules.

D.T.G.- Rule Changes

One elected office in the State of New Jersey ? No double dipping

Two terms only- This would prevent any group of individuals from ever entrenching themselves again in the City

Change the School Board Elections to run concurrently with the general elections- it would change the School Board from its current state , a feeding trough for the Political Crime Families of Hudson County and actually educate our kids

A 50 Year moratorium on all Tax Abatements in the City

D.T.G. ?Recommendations for the ballot Box in Jersey City

NEVER vote for a Politician that is a Lawyer

NEVER vote for a spouse, son, daughter, aunt, uncle or second cousin of a former Politician

NEVER vote for a Politician convicted of any crime no matter how minor

What do you think ??

We sound like Pinky and the Brain !!!!!!

Posted on: 2007/3/22 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I've been in Bayonne and JC all my life, and the only reason I feel things are changing in our council / community and emergency services, is the new 'white collar' residents that have migrated here with a higher expectation of accountability from them. Neighborhood associations and even websites like this one and getnj.com, have proven to be a source of embarrassment to city hall with the sharing of information and observation of our 'public servants' at work by the general public.

This place was a siht hole 5+ years ago and things are now improving, but we still have the 'old school' personnel running things with a lot of 'skeletons' and 'baggage' around their necks.

I'll wait another 14 days before we see another ass-hole public servant, or contract service providers fcuk up.

PS, We also forgot about the JCPA fcuk wits in that group.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
You left out all the Mayor's exploits and other council (public servant) personnel.

Fat-ass:

You took the "the Wind out of my Sails" that was my next
post LOL

Posted on: 2007/3/21 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
You left out all the Mayor's exploits and other council (public servant) personnel.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Alb

Unfortunately, what we have here in JC and in most of Hudson County is an indigenous criminal class called Hudson County Politicians and I include both Political Parties Their total lack of ethics and criminal acts trickles down to their subordinates , hence you have ?events? like the ones listed on the news piece.

JC Listers ,regardless of political ideology ,views of the war in Iraq, position on the legalization of Pot or stance on Gun Control all want the same thing:

A safer, cleaner, better educated citizenry with an ethical Government that is response to the needs of all the citizens of Jersey City regardless of socio-economic status.

What we have is an ?Old Guard? aka Political Hacks that are only interested in obtaining multiple government jobs and awarding positions to family members and political contributors.

My view is simple, if ex-members of the Polpot Khmer Rouge Government run for office in Jersey City they have my vote and I will volunteer time to get them elected.

Sorry about the tirade ???..
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

Dwntownguy wrote:
Hey Healy

A fish always rots from the head first !!

On the one hand, you're probably right. On the other hand, maybe these stories are appearing because someone at the JCPD is doing a good job and the police are arresting officers for offenses that would have been swept under the rug a couple of years ago.

Of course, if Dwntownguy or some of the rest of you know someone who knows someone, maybe you do know for certain that the stories are appearing because more officers are breaking the law, not because of improvements in enforcement.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 21:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/24 16:36
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
ABC, Ch. 7, just did a story on the 5:00pm news on this exact thing.

The 'Man on the Street', pretty much said, he didn't have much faith in JC cops anyway, so what difference does this make?

Where as Peter Nalbach , the deputy police chief and the head of internal affairs, says that this proves that you should trust us, because we're willing to police ourselves...

Posted on: 2007/3/21 21:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/24 8:22
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
November 1: Police Officer Dean Hashmi is charged with falsely reporting his car as stolen. He is rearrested the next day when stolen property is found in his police locker.

I'm confused....they found a car in his locker?

Maybe it was one a them, er, compact cars.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 21:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/3 21:24
From Wayne Street
Group:
Registered Users
What has happened to the presumption of innocence.

Some of the charges like :charged with official misconduct after failing to take action while those in the room with him were allegedly smoking marijuana.

I would like to see the facts surrounding this one.

However, I concede that the number of arrests is disconcerting.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Dwntownguy wrote:
Hey Healy

On the one hand, you're probably right. On the other hand, maybe these stories are appearing because someone at the JCPD is doing a good job and the police are arresting officers for offenses that would have been swept under the rug a couple of years ago.

Of course, if Dwntownguy or some of the rest of you know someone who knows someone, maybe you do know for certain that the stories are appearing because more officers are breaking the law, not because of improvements in enforcement.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 19:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
From the title, I thought this was going to be yet another rant. The link to the WABC story is here.
Thanks for catching this, Dwntownguy.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
This warms my heart with civic pride.

JC = Just so Classy.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 19:26

Criminal trend among Jersey City cops, firefighters?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Healy

(Jersey City - WABC, March 21, 2007) - In the last five and a half months, six Jersey City police officers and two Jersey City firefighters have been arrested on various charges.

November 1: Police Officer Dean Hashmi is charged with falsely reporting his car as stolen. He is rearrested the next day when stolen property is found in his police locker.

December 13: Fire Capt. Thomas Verdon is charged with burglary and theft after allegedly taking items from a vacant home; he also faces the charge of official misconduct.

January 23: Police Officer Kevin Freibott is charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated manslaughter and assault by auto after an accident on the Pulaski Skyway that critically injures a mother and fatally injures her 2-year-old son.

February 12: Police Officer Edward G. Kopf is charged with falsely reporting that his car has been stolen.

February 16: Firefighter Lawrence Lemke is charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, numerous drug counts, and motor vehicle summonses after allegedly hitting a cop with his car while he was reportedly high on heroin.

February 28: Police Officer Albert Gonzalez is charged with aggravated assault and weapons offenses stemming from an incident in which he allegedly stabbed a man during a brawl. The incident occurred before Gonzalez became a police officer.

March 20: Police Officer Joseph Clesiak is charged with official misconduct after failing to take action while those in the room with him were allegedly smoking marijuana.

March 20: Police Officer Christopher Starks is charged with domestic violence and simple assault.

Posted on: 2007/3/21 19:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017