Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
66 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 14 »

Re: The futility of gun control
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Of course my right is "at threat". It is under a direct attack from your like.

You require me to "pass" your scrutiny to prove that I am worthy to exercise my rights. In other words, you want to abandon the idea of "due process of the law" where only a criminal may be deprived of his rights in the court of law with a due process. You want to abandon any presumption of innocence. Instead, you want us to prove to you that we may be trusted.

In other words you want to totally obliterate a Right, - and replace it with a "privilege" instead.

P.S. And you do it in the most dishonest, indecent and disgusting, libelous, demagogic and hysterical way, - insisting that we bear the blame for the school shootings.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Resized Image

Your rights to bear arms is not at threat, what's at threat, is the need and general consensus for the gun owner to be deemed trustworthy and mentally sound to own one.

The fear is mental health checks and tests prior and during gun ownership. Once you pass, arm yourself to the teeth.

The fear is being deemed an irresponsible nutter !

Posted on: 2013/2/16 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Your rights to bear arms is not at threat, what's at threat, is the need and general consensus for the gun owner to be deemed trustworthy and mentally sound to own one.

The fear is mental health checks and tests prior and during gun ownership. Once you pass, arm yourself to the teeth.

The fear is being deemed an irresponsible nutter !

Posted on: 2013/2/16 5:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's very funny. But really, the cat's out of the bag. There's 300 million guns out there, so I would like to be in the group that has them. With more firepower than anyone else. Just in case.

If you want to label people like me as part of the problem, I say it's a free country. I exercise my rights to own these weapons and you exercise yours to not own them.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
NRA BLOGGER 101

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/16 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Awww, sorry, so sorry.
I thought that your lamentation below was due to your desire to have a rational discussion. Which is why I tried to turn the conversation that way.

Now I see that what you wanted was a platform for one-liner personal attacks dictated by your hate of everything gun-related.

P.S. Just in case, you do know that Obama supports the idea of having armed people in schools (not only by deed by sending his kids to the school that has a few armed guards on the payroll, but directly -- in his program speech on guns?) And, you did watch the video below where Vice President Biden proclaimed that all the gun-control measures will do nothing to reduce crime, right? I mean, you do know the ideas you so hatefully mock - are Obama-Biden endorsed?

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:
The futility of this thread

I gave up on it due to all the wild conjectured meaning/motivation thrown at every sentence, in order to prove a point and defend a position.

Good explanation here

Posted on: 2013/2/15 12:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
NRA BLOGGER 101

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/15 0:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/14 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image
Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/14 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Look, I offered few very interesting questions to discuss:

1. Do you have any explanation to why the Department of Homeland Security is stockpiling ammo in the 25-years-of-Iraqi-war-level quantities?

2. If you claim that a civilian doesn't need this or that to protect himself, you must conclude that a police officer needs it even less. If not, - show me, where the extra need for the non-civilians comes from.

3. The current constitutional standard when it comes to the laws the infringe on the fundamental rights defended by the Bill of Rights is "strict scrutiny". But even the more relaxed standard requires the government to show some significant benefit it aims to achieve (details in this letter by Randy Barnett). Yet, even the Administration pointman for the gun control freely admits that the new proposals do absolutely nothing to reduce crime!

Do you not find those worthy of discussion? I mean - rational discussion?

Posted on: 2013/2/14 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nightgownposse wrote:

I gave up on it due to all the wild conjectured meaning/motivation thrown at every sentence, in order to prove a point and defend a position.

Good explanation here

Posted on: 2013/2/14 16:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/14 13:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/14 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote:
Boris you are the most obnoxious person on jclist - you ask questions but don't agree and are immediately dismissive, then you answer your own question.

I was nto dismissive, I explained why your theory is lacking, - it doesn't explain what we observe. The possibility of some future tax may explain the urgency of ammo purchases, but it doesn't explain the incredible scale on which the DHS is stockpiling ammo.
Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote:
You come across as a Palin supporter !

I do not resort to ad hominem attacks, - you do. I do not declare you obnoxious merely because you disagree with me - you do. If that means that I come across as a Palin supporter, - good for Palin.

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Boris, read your own posts. I have to agree with fat ass bike because you definitely come off as thinking you are a lot smarter than you actually are.

Let me quote you:
"Have you guys rehearsed it? It was just great. It sounded very, very convincing. Yes it was! Almost as if you personally knew some of those horrible irresponsible gun nuts with superhero complex who can be called "law abiding" only in scare quotes."

Ok, you quoted me. So? What were you trying to prove with this quote?

You tried a very banal trick, - you tried to claim some special authority on the subject, by proclaiming yourself a "responsible gun owner" very unlike others who are "gun nuts with superhero complex". Without showing any evidence that aforementioned gun nuts do exist and are so numerous and prevalent that you may be considered special.

I called you on that. Now what?

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
I stand by my point where I said you have poor reading comprehension and lack critical thinking skills because even after (probably) re-reading the thread multiple times... you still dont recognize the satirical nature of my earlier statement.

I did recognize it, and I called you a xenophobe based on this very satire.

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
I'm sure you believe that evolution isnt an acceptable theory since it has only been accepted by every respectable scientist - but from their perspective.

We never talked about the evolution in this thread. If you can't keep track of the subject of the discussion, you should not question "reading comprehension" abilities of the people who do.

Posted on: 2013/2/14 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Boris, read your own posts. I have to agree with fat ass bike because you definitely come off as thinking you are a lot smarter than you actually are.

Let me quote you:
"Have you guys rehearsed it? It was just great. It sounded very, very convincing. Yes it was! Almost as if you personally knew some of those horrible irresponsible gun nuts with superhero complex who can be called "law abiding" only in scare quotes."

I stand by my point where I said you have poor reading comprehension and lack critical thinking skills because even after (probably) re-reading the thread multiple times... you still dont recognize the satirical nature of my earlier statement. I'm sure you believe that evolution isnt an acceptable theory since it has only been accepted by every respectable scientist - but from their perspective.

Since you care so much about exact quotes and references, I expect you to cite every single quote/fact/opinion you post about. After all, its important to practice what you preach.

Since anything more I could write would just be repetitive and/or pointing out the flaws in every one of your retorts... this is no longer worth the time.

Posted on: 2013/2/14 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Boris you are the most obnoxious person on jclist - you ask questions but don't agree and are immediately dismissive, then you answer your own question.
Maybe you need to have a long conversation with your mirror!
You come across as a Palin supporter !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/14 12:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
1.Destitute is a synonym of poor. Get a dictionary or thesaurus and relax.

Yeah, this is like totally common approach to quote a poem, - use synonyms for the some words.

Anyway, you didn't just use synonyms, you changed the meaning.

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
2. Read a history book. Societies persecute those they "dont desire." America has historically (ultimately) allowed these groups to come in to the country.

Irrelevant. You did not talk about how immigrants were not desired in their old countries. Your "undesirable" was from YOUR perspective and you used it to explain... let me qoute you, - "why we have so many idiots/psychopath citizens"

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
3. I dont see the connection between me labeling someone a "gun nut" and you accusing me of "xenophobia" because you have poor reading comprehension and critical thinking skills...

Well, the reason you do not see that connection is because I never made it. I accused you of xenophobia because of your xenophobic musings about immigrants who are, in your directly expressed opinion, the reason... let me quote you, - "why we have so many idiots/psychopath citizens"

Posted on: 2013/2/14 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Exactly. And my point is, all these proposed measures (esp the local ordinances put forth NJ) aren't going to make a difference.

Those intent on attacking soft targets are not going to follow these laws anyway.

Quote:

borisp wrote:

Posted on: 2013/2/14 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
1.Destitute is a synonym of poor. Get a dictionary or thesaurus and relax.

2. Read a history book. Societies persecute those they "dont desire." America has historically (ultimately) allowed these groups to come in to the country. I guess in your version of history, the english loved the scotch/irish, germans & russians loved the jews, poles, etc, and southern italians were living the good life and not considered pariahs when they came to this country. Shit, you dont even have to read... Just watch pbs or something.

3. I dont see the connection between me labeling someone a "gun nut" and you accusing me of "xenophobia" because you have poor reading comprehension and critical thinking skills...

Posted on: 2013/2/14 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/14 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
1. From wikipedia.
"Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free", is uniquely identified with the Statue of Liberty and is inscribed on a plaque in the museum in the base.

Your first attempt at quoting it had words "sick" and "destitute", but without "yearning to be free". In Emma Lazarus' poem immigrants were coming here in search of freedom, in search of an opportunity to build something with their own work - you got rid of those people, and substituted some decrepit beggars looking for a welfare handout.

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
2. I dont think you understood or actually read what I wrote. I specifically wrote, over the countries "entire existence." Thats a 400 year period, so it isnt surprising that your personal immigration experience didnt mesh.

Nah, don't even try to pretend that this was some abstract historical introspection. You mentioned "less desirable" immigrants because "it does explain why we have so many idiots/psychopath citizens" right now.

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
3. What are you getting at?

What do you mean by "getting at"? I am "getting at" nothing, I am calling you a xenophobe.

Posted on: 2013/2/14 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Over the US's entire existence we have primarily had non-skilled immigrants move to this country. How many of your family members had college degrees when they arrived in this country? The US has always accepted the less desirable from other countries ("give me your sick, your tired, your destitute")... this isnt a new phenomenon but it does explain why we have so many idiots/psychopath citizens :)

1. The poem says nothing about "sick" and "destitute". Being a xenophobe is no excuse for mangling the quote. Especially since you live in sight of its subject. Even though you obviously are no fan of anything it represents.

2. Almost all my family members arrived here with advanced degrees except for my niece. Coincindentally, she thought herself to be the smartest and the most educated person ever, even though her "three Rs" were barely at the level of the 4th grade. She was six at the time. What's your excuse?

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
As a reasonable and responsible gun owner and hunter I believe that my voice needs to be heard over the voices of the two varieties of "gun nuts"... the nuts who don't respect the power/danger/responsibility required of owning firearms enough & seem to have a superhero complex and the nuts who are scared to death of anything dangerous.

Frank_M wrote:
Many people obviously value gun ownership for the power that it affords them. Implemented as the weapon it was designed to be, a gun enables its wielder to potentially dominate a conflict through the threat of brute force associated with injury, pain, and death. This is no less true of criminal aggressors than of ?law abiding citizens? who repeatedly cite the imperative need to defend themselves as the reason for gun ownership.

Have you guys rehearsed it? It was just great. It sounded very, very convincing. Yes it was! Almost as if you personally knew some of those horrible irresponsible gun nuts with superhero complex who can be called "law abiding" only in scare quotes.

1. From wikipedia.
"Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free", is uniquely identified with the Statue of Liberty and is inscribed on a plaque in the museum in the base.

2. I dont think you understood or actually read what I wrote. I specifically wrote, over the countries "entire existence." Thats a 400 year period, so it isnt surprising that your personal immigration experience didnt mesh. Every american, excluding native americans, immigrated to this country - nothing in what I wrote should be construed as xenophobic (unless the reader is looking for a fight?). If anything, what I wrote is more likely to be construed as anti-multi-generational american. My family was among the "less desirables" expelled from europe that came to the US because we were (more) accepted. If you look at the bulk of Americans, the VAST MAJORITY of those with families dating back more than 1 generation are descendants of immigrants who came without college degrees, or even high school diplomas. My great grandfather came to this country alone when he was 2yrs old. He certainly didnt have a degree.

3. What are you getting at?

Posted on: 2013/2/13 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Many people obviously value gun ownership for the power that it affords them. Implemented as the weapon it was designed to be, a gun enables its wielder to potentially dominate a conflict through the threat of brute force associated with injury, pain, and death. This is no less true of criminal aggressors than of ?law abiding citizens? who repeatedly cite the imperative need to defend themselves as the reason for gun ownership.

Have you guys rehearsed it? It was just great. It sounded very, very convincing. Yes it was! Almost as if you personally knew some of those horrible irresponsible gun nuts with superhero complex who can be called "law abiding" only in scare quotes.

"Law abiding citizen" is a loaded term, of course I use it in quotations. Its popular use in this context tends to say, ?I am not responsible for America?s gun problem, and I refuse to allow my vocal advocacy and pursuit of gun ownership to be affected voluntarily or otherwise.? It?s a convenient argument, but it?s egocentric, naive, and counterproductive.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Also, you may find this interesting:

New York Post: City says cops had no duty to protect subway hero who subdued killer

Which is not something new, as you can find out in this book: Dial 911 and Die

Posted on: 2013/2/13 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By the way, if anyone is honestly interested in the rational argument, here is something:

Randy Barnett: My Letter to Ted Cruz on Gun Control Proposals

Posted on: 2013/2/13 4:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Over the US's entire existence we have primarily had non-skilled immigrants move to this country. How many of your family members had college degrees when they arrived in this country? The US has always accepted the less desirable from other countries ("give me your sick, your tired, your destitute")... this isnt a new phenomenon but it does explain why we have so many idiots/psychopath citizens :)

1. The poem says nothing about "sick" and "destitute". Being a xenophobe is no excuse for mangling the quote. Especially since you live in sight of its subject. Even though you obviously are no fan of anything it represents.

2. Almost all my family members arrived here with advanced degrees except for my niece. Coincindentally, she thought herself to be the smartest and the most educated person ever, even though her "three Rs" were barely at the level of the 4th grade. She was six at the time. What's your excuse?

Quote:
LimpiarElSucio wrote:
As a reasonable and responsible gun owner and hunter I believe that my voice needs to be heard over the voices of the two varieties of "gun nuts"... the nuts who don't respect the power/danger/responsibility required of owning firearms enough & seem to have a superhero complex and the nuts who are scared to death of anything dangerous.

Frank_M wrote:

Posted on: 2013/2/13 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Well said. As an outdoors person who enjoy nature, to me hunting is secondary, but if I had an opportunity to bring a couple of Pheasants for dinner, then it's a treat.

Most of us do not glorify assault weapons, or participate in romanticizing violence with guns.

The problem with a lot of anti-gun people is that they automatically vilify anyone who possess firearms even if it's for lawful purposes.

Quote:

Frank_M wrote:

So when we talk about guns? popular role in this context, we?re talking about their deployment as instruments of power, dominance, and fear. These elements are no less prevalent throughout the animal kingdom, but only we have the luxury of disproportionate mechanical enhancement.

We can also see how the themes of power, dominance and fear--whether related to guns, money, or politics for that matter--helped make our nation what it is today in an unbelievably short time. Unfortunately, this paradigm also tends to divorce us from the enlightening roles of self-knowledge, courage, and sacrifice, which are unique to our species, and ushers us toward a woefully unsustainable course that many are too ignorant or selfish to acknowledge.

I wouldn?t argue that guns have been positively instrumental in too many situations to ever count?so have enriched, radioactive isotopes?but a problem child is a problem child. Unless we tend to them with responsibility and wisdom, the result is guaranteed tragedy.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users

So when we talk about guns? popular role in this context, we?re talking about their deployment as instruments of power, dominance, and fear. These elements are no less prevalent throughout the animal kingdom, but only we have the luxury of disproportionate mechanical enhancement.

We can also see how the themes of power, dominance and fear--whether related to guns, money, or politics for that matter--helped make our nation what it is today in an unbelievably short time. Unfortunately, this paradigm also tends to divorce us from the enlightening roles of self-knowledge, courage, and sacrifice, which are unique to our species, and ushers us toward a woefully unsustainable course that many are too ignorant or selfish to acknowledge.

I wouldn?t argue that guns have been positively instrumental in too many situations to ever count?so have enriched, radioactive isotopes?but a problem child is a problem child. Unless we tend to them with responsibility and wisdom, the result is guaranteed tragedy.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I need to correct myself. you cannot hunt in nj with rimfire rifles, you can use them at the target ranges at the wildlife management areas but cannot actually hunt with them. the only rifles you can hunt with in nj are muzzleloaders (which is why i and so many others dont hunt deer in NJ)

Posted on: 2013/2/12 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I read the US is having a brain drain and there has been a huge increase in US residents leaving the country altogether. Could it be that our intellectuals and academics have had enough of crime, corruption and quality of life propects ?

Instead of the US being a 'lucky' country, its turning into a lawless one. Reports suggest our main source of immigrant is predominately non skilled or semi skilled workers. There is plenty to read on this topic and some States have introduced conditions on residents that decide to leave the country. I read that Canada, Australia, UK, France is amongst the countries of choice for citizens leaving.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Here is my take:
A588 would seemingly ban nearly all hunting rifle ammo. the only hunting rifles that would be allowed would be for varmint/small game. If it banned centerfire ammo specifically then this would be less of a problem in NJ since you can only use rimfire rifles to hunt in NJ (I'm sure most people dont know or care what the difference between centerfire and rimfire is but it is important - the functional difference is that rimfire ammo cannot be fired as quickly as centerfire ammo). Of course, any NJ hunters who hunt in PA, upstate NY, or for elk/moose farther north/west could be adversely effected since centerfire rifles are allowed there.

A116 is fine. this just creates additional jail time for someone involved in a straw sale. Of course in states like PA where they dont record information on who is purchasing a gun... and where most straw sales in our area occur, this will have no impact.

A1329 is fine. if you cant "protect" yourself by accurately firing 10 rounds then you shouldnt be shooting/owning a gun. more rounds equals more spraying instead of aiming. unless you have a dozen people ambushing you then 10 rounds should be moer than sufficient. Most shooters are stopped by law enforcement when they are reloading. Reloading quickly under pressure is more time consuming than you think, and if you say "oh but i can reload really fast" then you shouldnt care if you have to reload, you've negated your own argument...

A1387... seriously? i really dont get the argument from anyone that wants guns closer to schools. the point that criminals wont care about these laws is 100% correct however the critics fail to recognize that these laws tack on more prison time to people who are caught violating other firearms laws and are dumb enough to bring the gun with them to school/public area. these laws punish criminals.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
More laws that won't make any difference:

http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/anjrpc.site- ... /Legislative_Analysis.pdf

A588 (Spencer / Coutinho / Deignan) ? Prohibits possession of ammunition capable of penetrating
body armor. Analysis: effectively bans most rifle rounds (most body armor worn by police are only
designed to stop handgun rounds. Armor that stops rifle rounds is available, but not in common
usage). Gives Attorney General unilateral authority to ban specific rounds. Well intentioned or
not, this would ban most rifle ammunition, which would render most rifles useless in the Garden
State, including single shot rifles. Criminals will not follow this law. It will have no impact on
school safety or mental health.

A1116 (Fuentes / Spencer) ? Establishes 180 day prohibition on purchase of handgun for certain
individuals who fail to report loss or theft of firearm. Analysis: Suspends Second Amendment
rights for 6 months for failure to report a lost or stolen firearm within 36 hours of discovery.
Supposedly aimed at traffickers but naively presumes that traffickers buy their guns from dealers
using permits. Has a punitive effect on law abiding gun owners who inadvertently miss the 36-hour
reporting deadline. Has no impact on criminals. Has no impact on school safety or mental health.

A1329 (Greenwald / Quijano / Coutinho) ? Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to
10 rounds. Analysis: Reduces magazine capacity limit from 15 to 10 rounds. Interferes with self-
defense, puts law-abiding citizens at a disadvantage in home invasions and other emergencies. Will
not stop another tragedy, as magazines are capable of being changed quickly. Will be ignored by
criminals, who will have advantage over the law-abiding. No impact on crime. No impact on
school safety or mental health. Note: there is separate legislation to reduce magazine capacity to
5 rounds, but it is not presently scheduled to be considered on February 13.

A1387 (Wilson / Johnson) ? Permits municipalities to establish weapons free zones around schools
and public facilities. Analysis: Empowers cities and towns to create known areas around schools,
parks and other public facilities where it is advertised to criminals and madmen that their victims
are unarmed and defenseless. Creates large swaths of land where the exercise of Second Amendment
rights is ostensibly outlawed. Attempts to create exemptions, but fails to adequately do
so (examples: fails to exempt CCW permit holders and ranges, and attempted exemption of gun club
members is flawed and exempts no one). Criminals will not follow gun free zones. Potential impact
on crime: increased risk to law-abiding citizens within those zones. No impact on school safety or
mental health.
ASSOCIATION OF
NEW JERSEY RIFLE & PISTOL CLUBS, INC
New Jersey?s Premier Second Amendment Organization

Defending the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Since 1936
www.anjrpc.org

Regarding 588- That stems from requests by Law Enforcement. Perfectly reasonable. Civilians don't need that kind of firepower except in their minds.

Regarding A116- Very often private sellers will sell a gun to criminals. Once the gun is used in a crime and confiscated then previous owner will use bullshit excuse, months after the fact, that "Oh my, well that gun was stolen from my house." Perfectly reasonable law.

Regarding A1329- Again, civilians don't need that unless they're planning an assault or unless they're imagining an "Omega Man" type home invasion.

Regarding A1387- That's an "after the fact" law. It allows prosecutors to tack on years to sentences if an armed criminal is caught in a "gun free zone". You or whoever wrote those retorts give criminals way too much credit by the way.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote:
Could be that Obama will introduce a tax on ammo that might help mitigate civilian stockpiling - Government agencies might have been given the tip-off to stockpile

This doesn't explain the scale of the stockpiling. Unless you imply that this is done specifically to deny the ammo to the citizenry, - which would be a violation of the people's rights. Same as an attempt to buy all stocks of paper to prevent citizens from publishing something.

Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote:
With the rest of western nations reducing guns in the community via legislation, the US is always pushing gun ownership with an ever increasing gun related violence and crime

The overall violence and crime in the US are on a long-term decline. There were some fluctuations, but the overall trend is unmistakable.

Getting your facts straight is not only honest, it is also an energy-saving measure, - now that we discovered that you started with a wrong premise, we can disregard everything that you derived from it!

Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote:
I believe in general people are stupid and only individuals are clever when it comes to gun control.

Oh, that I do not doubt. Gun-control is just a symptom of this "I don't believe plebeians can be trusted with so called rights" thing.

Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote:
I hope Obama introduces legislation to reduce or mitigate gun ownership - I hope they introduce a huge tax on all weapon and ammo ownership

I hope so too. I also hope that all the Senators who support this idea do show their true colors and vote for it.

It is time to see who is who.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I read the US is having a brain drain and there has been a huge increase in US residents leaving the country altogether. Could it be that our intellectuals and academics have had enough of crime, corruption and quality of life propects ?

Instead of the US being a 'lucky' country, its turning into a lawless one. Reports suggest our main source of immigrant is predominately non skilled or semi skilled workers. There is plenty to read on this topic and some States have introduced conditions on residents that decide to leave the country. I read that Canada, Australia, UK, France is amongst the countries of choice for citizens leaving.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 13:58

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 14 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017