Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Downtown: Man stabbed and robbed on First and Brunswick going to bar

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/18 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
"sounds like racism... maybe you're just not too "diverse" of a person. or maybe they just don't appear to be predominantly caucasian, like all the other bars."

sounds like stupidity. maybe you're just not too "smart" of a person. Or maybe you just have a vested interest in one of these dumps and you think shouting RACIST is a good way to get nervouse caucasions to back off.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Some neighbors and I are trying to start a group to really put some pressure on the JCPD brass, as well as Fulop and the City to clean these places up. If you are truly interested in helping out, please let me know.

Places like Indio's, the Latin Lounge, the Music Box Cafe, and the Barge Inn are all trouble spots and contribute nothing positive to the neighborhoods.

sounds like racism... maybe you're just not too "diverse" of a person. or maybe they just don't appear to be predominantly caucasian, like all the other bars.

welcome to the hood 1ststguy! too bad you never said anything about lucky 7s or white star. they have a rowdy/loud crowd there too that pours on to the street. duh. but maybe because that there's all "caucasian" people there and those are the bars you frequent.... what a jerk. leave those bars alone, or those people will go in to your favorite "white" bar and ruin your night.

im assuming you're a lucky 7 kind of guy. beach blanket bingo night is coming up. enjoy, buddy!

As someone who lives between White Star and New Music Cafe I can say that New Music is ten times worse.

I don't want to downplay that White Star will occasionally have too loud drunks smoking outside - every bar will get this once in a while. But the New Music have people drinking outside, even across the intersection, just about every night in the summer. They hang out at their cars and play music. Next nice Friday or Saturday night walk by both establishments at 11 and you'll see the difference. There is broken glass all around New Music 4 days a week. I stopped in there twice, during the day, when I first moved in. The servers were very nice, but their patrons show no respect. I don't care what race they are. Facts are facts.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 18:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/10 18:14
From JC Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't seen a car run in reverse up the sidewalk trying to run someone over at either of those bars. But I did at Indios. Awesome place!

Posted on: 2010/4/7 18:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Some neighbors and I are trying to start a group to really put some pressure on the JCPD brass, as well as Fulop and the City to clean these places up. If you are truly interested in helping out, please let me know.

Places like Indio's, the Latin Lounge, the Music Box Cafe, and the Barge Inn are all trouble spots and contribute nothing positive to the neighborhoods.

sounds like racism... maybe you're just not too "diverse" of a person. or maybe they just don't appear to be predominantly caucasian, like all the other bars.

welcome to the hood 1ststguy! too bad you never said anything about lucky 7s or white star. they have a rowdy/loud crowd there too that pours on to the street. duh. but maybe because that there's all "caucasian" people there and those are the bars you frequent.... what a jerk. leave those bars alone, or those people will go in to your favorite "white" bar and ruin your night.

im assuming you're a lucky 7 kind of guy. beach blanket bingo night is coming up. enjoy, buddy!

Posted on: 2010/4/7 18:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
I Love L.L., I don't know if you ever even been in there, but everytime I go and I have only been 4 or 5 times, they make you feel like family. There is a little old lady that lives upstairs that comes down every night to say hi to the bartenders. It would be worth it to just check it out, I rarely if ever see LL in the newspapers.

You obviously don't live in the neighborhood. Night after night, especially in summertime, the Latin Lounge patrons are screaming and yelling and booming music till 2 or 3 AM. Then they and the Indios cretins pile into the streets to yell and brawl with each other.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I Love L.L., I don't know if you ever even been in there, but everytime I go and I have only been 4 or 5 times, they make you feel like family. There is a little old lady that lives upstairs that comes down every night to say hi to the bartenders. It would be worth it to just check it out, I rarely if ever see LL in the newspapers.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:

I agree. Those 4 establishments were opened when the neighborhood was full of the types of people that go to such places.

These bars have not changed with the demographics of the neighborhood, and therefore bring a BAD element into the neighborhood from other neighborhoods.

I cannot stand places that do not serve their neighborhood, and instead detract from it.

There should be pressure on these places. Would Fulop be a starting point?

Posted on: 2010/4/7 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
It makes you an enabler.

Posted on: 2010/4/7 16:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
those happen to be my 3 favorite bars but I do not participate in the stabbings. Does that make me part of the problem?

Posted on: 2010/4/7 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/7 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
My friend saw a man stabbed and then hit by an oncoming car a fews years back in front of the Latin Lounge.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 21:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
Lamp Post is on 2nd Street.

It's time to shut down these discriminatory drug-dealing hubs in the neighborhood: Indios Place, Latin Lounge and Barge Inn.

You listening Mayor McDrunky?

Posted on: 2010/3/8 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
First and Brunswick is Indios. Lamp Post and Latin Lounge are on 2nd Street.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
First and Brunswick - isn't that the Lamp Post?

Posted on: 2010/3/8 19:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Indios Place is the problem. It continues to draw a very bad element to the neighborhood. I wish they could close the place down.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 16:54

Downtown: Man stabbed and robbed on First and Brunswick going to bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Man stabbed ?uncooperative?

A 33-year-old Jersey City man, who was ?extremely uncooperative? with cops, told police he was stabbed on his way to a bar early yesterday.

The man, who had multiple stab wounds, told police at the Jersey City Medical Center that he was on his way to a bar at First and Brunswick streets about 1:00 am when a stranger stabbed him and robbed his wallet, reports said. However he refused to provide further details to the police.

The man was treated for several superficial stab wounds to his chest and, arms and back.

(from the JJ, buy support the JJ)

Posted on: 2010/3/8 14:25

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017