Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 »

Re: Republican Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Tim Kaine is Hillary's pick..... oh the irony of her picking a middle age southern white guy to bail out her lofty goals to goals to be president. Could this be called pandering for the white vote??? Apparently Tim has checked his "white privilege". Can't wait to find out he his family genealogy from Virginia include relatives who owned slaves.

Posted on: 2016/7/23 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:
?The coup never took place ? the coup was not successful, and based on the fact, and I give great credit to him for being able to turn that around,? Trump told The New York Times during the Republican National Convention on July 20, as he praised the people for going out to the streets and standing against the coup plotters.

?Some people say that it was staged. I don?t think so, but I do give great credit to Erdo?an for turning it around. You know, the first hour, it seemed like it was over. Then all of a sudden, and the amazing thing is the one that won that was the people,? he also said.

Saying that the people weren?t in favor of what the military was doing, Trump noted it was ?impressive? from the standpoint of the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government.

?They came out on the streets, and the army types didn?t want to drive over them like they did in Tiananmen Square when they sort of drived them over, and that was the end of that. People said, ?I?m not going to drive over people.? The people came out of their homes, and they were not in favor of what the military was doing. So that was quite impressive from the standpoint of [the] existing government,? he said.

This is your hero?

Trump admires a dictator. That should scare you.

We have an adequate separation of powers, so no, I am not scared by Trump.

However, I am very scared by Hillary's proposals to dramatically increase the importation of Middle Eastern "migrants," Syrian "refugees," and other types of Muslims. Every country that has let them in with significant numbers is paying the price, as we are reminded seemingly daily.

Posted on: 2016/7/23 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
?The coup never took place ? the coup was not successful, and based on the fact, and I give great credit to him for being able to turn that around,? Trump told The New York Times during the Republican National Convention on July 20, as he praised the people for going out to the streets and standing against the coup plotters.

?Some people say that it was staged. I don?t think so, but I do give great credit to Erdo?an for turning it around. You know, the first hour, it seemed like it was over. Then all of a sudden, and the amazing thing is the one that won that was the people,? he also said.

Saying that the people weren?t in favor of what the military was doing, Trump noted it was ?impressive? from the standpoint of the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government.

?They came out on the streets, and the army types didn?t want to drive over them like they did in Tiananmen Square when they sort of drived them over, and that was the end of that. People said, ?I?m not going to drive over people.? The people came out of their homes, and they were not in favor of what the military was doing. So that was quite impressive from the standpoint of [the] existing government,? he said.

This is your hero?

Trump admires a dictator. That should scare you.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Fun game to play: Donald Trump has five children with three women. Could you image what would be said if Obama had the same...?

My hope is that the Democrats just scrap the convention entirely. They should just replay the entire Republican Convention with Obama, Biden, Hillary and her veep pulling an MST3K style viewing.

Quote:

135jc wrote:

"Yeah, it totally sucks when the president isn't a bigot. It totally sucks when there are years of job growth and prosperity. It is truly awful when we don't go running into useless wars...

I can't imagine the world you live in. If you're life hasn't improved over the last eight, you are seriously doing something wrong."

Wow! That has to be some of the most moronic left wing spew have heard in a long time.

In case you haven't checked. Good jobs continue to leave this country in droves and O-blame-a has not done a thing to stop it.

As I said before, if your life hasn?t improved over the last 8 years, you have been doing something wrong. Maybe, just maybe, you should look at yourself and take some responsibility for the decisions in your life. Personal responsibility is something we should all strive for. I hope you can achieve it one day so that you can advance in your career as well as personal relationships.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Trumps said Kasich could essentially run the country as Prez if he takes the VP title?

Great, let's vote for a guy who doesn't want want to do the job.

Well, yeah, we knew that already. Can anyone give one idea on how he?d ?make America great??

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I guess that means he won't be selling guns to Mexican Narco Terrorists during failed DOJ stings like Eric Holder did?

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Yikes, folks talking about Christie as potential attorney general it trump elected. Be afraid

Are you referencing the program started by George W Bush and ended by Eric Holder?

Quote:

135jc wrote:
How about banking and anufacturing jobs. Without banking Jersey city would cease to exist. These jobs are being moved off shore.

What baninking jobs are moving offshore? Please be specific with cites to credible websites.

Quote:

bill wrote:
He kind of convinced me that Hillary will most likely do as President what she did as Secretary of State. Which is to maintain the position but do nothing extra.

it's like at work, there are people who go through the day doing their job competently. But you want those that do that as well as show initiative.

We want to be moving forward, not tread water.

Ok? but what did it show you about what Donald would do as president?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
That was one hell of a speech by our future President!

Holy crap it was great. And the liberal panel on CNN is absolutely going ballistic.

What did you like about it?

Great truthful comments about Hillary, got a room full of Republicans to clap for gays, made outreach to Sanders voters, described the problems we face, and most of all, was energizing as hell.

The lying media can go on all day long about how "dark" it was, despite all the applause it received throughout, but voters not in the bag for Hillary know what a winning speech that was.

Receiving applause during a ?dark? speech isn?t out of the ordinary. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 19:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bill wrote:
He kind of convinced me that Hillary will most likely do as President what she did as Secretary of State. Which is to maintain the position but do nothing extra.

it's like at work, there are people who go through the day doing their job competently. But you want those that do that as well as show initiative.

But you don't want a CEO who will gamble the future of the company on a spectacular but risky plan that will make them look like a hero, IF it works.

Hey, guess what your description of Hillary is called: A CONSERVATIVE! The people wanting to blow up the government are radicals.

Much of the analysis of the speech by pundits of both parties agrees with my first impression, it was written to turn out the base rather than expand his support by convincing anyone who was on the fence.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Holy crap it was great. And the liberal panel on CNN is absolutely going ballistic.

Great truthful comments about Hillary, got a room full of Republicans to clap for gays, made outreach to Sanders voters, described the problems we face, and most of all, was energizing as hell.

The lying media can go on all day long about how "dark" it was, despite all the applause it received throughout, but voters not in the bag for Hillary know what a winning speech that was.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/22 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/7/22 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Gary Johnson to the rescue.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Not even close Frank. It was a well thought-out composed speech that addressed some of the big problems facing our national . Can't wait for Hillary's. "Eight more years of the same deteriorating job market and higher taxes". Yeah that will be some speech.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Pessimism, anger, bombast, hyperbole, and deceit aren't usually considered hallmarks of a great speech by American standards, but it was certainly a hell of a speech?emphasis on hell.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 13:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Donald Trump 'vomited on everybody for an hour'

Posted on: 2016/7/22 11:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/22 4:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

One of my favorite songs and so perfect for what's happening to the Republicans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8zksSKb9Zg

Posted on: 2016/7/22 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Ladies!

Donald Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort on Thursday suggested women won't vote for Hillary Clinton because they are concerned that their husbands are having a hard time paying their families' bills.

In an interview with MSNBC's Chris Matthews, Manafort said he wasn't concerned about the Republican nominee's unpopularity among female voters ? because women will be attracted to Trump's anti-establishment message.

"Many women in this country can't afford their lives. Their husbands can't afford paying the family bills," Manafort said.

So America is full of Maliana Trump's leeching off men? Thanks did not know that.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's pretty dumb move to trust a Clinton. I fear that more then Trump.

Posted on: 2016/7/22 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Liberals are like met fans. More worried about the Yankees (in this case Trump) then tier own team.

Girl this is entertainment, the republicans look foolish and we are just enjoying it. Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid and a Trump supporter.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Liberals are like met fans. More Concerned about the Yankees (in this case Trump) then tier own team.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
In case you missed it, here is the Trump's faces while Cruz was speaking and no endorsement was in sight LMAO

Resized Image
where is melania in this pictue. was she fired?

:< LMAO ever since she did that stolen speech she has been MIA

Posted on: 2016/7/21 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
In case you missed it, here is the Trump's faces while Cruz was speaking and no endorsement was in sight LMAO

Resized Image
where is melania in this pictue. was she fired?

Posted on: 2016/7/21 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Of course he has a shot at winning.....he won the Republican Circus Primary.

Even though Hillary has horrible favorable ratings like Trump. She has several advantages going into the General.

A united Democratic party. A broad coalition of support among many groups. A healthy ground game that is already working in the states. A fundraising advantage. A seasoned and professional staff. She could put the icing on the cake by being bold and going with a progressive....she really shouldn't go with a safe VP pick. She has much more political experience an should be able to better navigate the challenges ahead.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Asif wrote:
That's nice but if you look at the rank and file Republicans at the convention there are few if any people of color.

I wonder why a majority of African Americans will not vote for the GOP?

I wonder why a majority of Hispanic Americans will not vote for the GOP?

I wonder why a large percentage of Women will not be voting for the GOP?

I wonder why a large percentage of Asians will not be voting for the GOP?

I wonder why a majority of Muslim Americans will not be voting for the GOP?

So far over 300,000 Muslim Americans have newly registered to vote.......African American participation is not expected to drop this election....some analysts believe it might be even higher than elections that got Obama elected. Hispanic Americans are also pushing their communities to register an vote........

Trumps chances of winning....are small.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I guess Atsushi didn't see the debates-three old, career white politicians vs Latinos, black, female, whites of various backgrounds. Which party had more diverse candidates?

Of course, if crooked Hillary picks Elizabeth Warren she can claim the Cherokee diversity card! You know, high cheekbones and all.

Do you consider a 38% chance small? I don't. Trump is very much in play.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

she has a united Democratic party??!! HA that's rich considering she was rammed down the throats of the party much like Obamacare down the public's throat! If I were a Bernie supporter I would sooner vote for Trump as an outsider than Clinton the crook.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 12:18
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/7/21 11:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
would donald really put the head of a fracking company in charge of the environmental protection agency? be afraid!

Posted on: 2016/7/21 11:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

In case you haven't checked. Good jobs continue to leave this country in droves and O-blame-a has not done a thing to stop it.

What are those good jobs you are talking about?

Jobs that can be done by uneducated & unskilled white men. The same kind of jobs once protected by the trade unions the GOP vilifies and has largely destroyed. But today's GOP is utterly irony-proof.

Brewster what in the world are you talking about. Banking and manufacturing jobs are leaving. What is left is the union jobs and govt jobs.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How about banking and anufacturing jobs. Without banking Jersey city would cease to exist. These jobs are being moved off shore.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Cruz did encourage everyone to vote their conscience... Trump gave all his opponents a chance to speak, speeches uncensored. Cruz had the moment in his hand to be a hero and he let it go by. This won't hurt Trump and the democrats gain no advantage wasting time on this... they hate Cruz and Trump equally.

Quote:

SOS wrote:
The only troublemakers so far this week have been INSIDE the convention hall. The cult of Trump turns ugly as the GOP nominee continues to display incredibly poor judgement.

http://mashable.com/2016/07/20/heidi- ... -convention/#QNYksqO2paqr

Heidi Cruz rushed out by security after crowd turns on Ted Cruz

Heidi Cruz, wife of Texas Senator Ted Cruz, was reportedly rushed out of the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night after the crowd turned on her husband at the end of his speech.

Boos rained down on Ted Cruz as he issued a speech calling for people to vote on their "conscience" and declining to officially endorse Donald Trump, despite loud calls for him to do so from the crowd.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
The only troublemakers so far this week have been INSIDE the convention hall. The cult of Trump turns ugly as the GOP nominee continues to display incredibly poor judgement.

http://mashable.com/2016/07/20/heidi- ... -convention/#QNYksqO2paqr

Heidi Cruz rushed out by security after crowd turns on Ted Cruz

Heidi Cruz, wife of Texas Senator Ted Cruz, was reportedly rushed out of the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night after the crowd turned on her husband at the end of his speech.

Boos rained down on Ted Cruz as he issued a speech calling for people to vote on their "conscience" and declining to officially endorse Donald Trump, despite loud calls for him to do so from the crowd.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Thank god for that Scot Baio voting block.....

Ted Cruz Didn?t Endorse Trump At Trump?s Own Convention

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) saw his big moment at the Republican National Convention drowned out by thunderous boos on Wednesday night as he notably declined to endorse his former foe Donald Trump for president.

The speech had started with a diametrically different tone. Cruz came out to a hero?s welcome, and earned sustained applause as he laid out a conservative case for governance.

?We deserve an immigration system that puts America first. And yes, builds a wall to keep us safe,? said the senator, in a nod to the now formal Republican presidential nominee.

But the crowd, led by the New York delegation, grew notably restless as the speech went on and Cruz refused to mention Trump?s name. Cruz acknowledged them ? ?I appreciate the enthusiasm of the New York delegation? ? but kept soldiering on, a slight smirk on his face.

The restlessness turned to outright jeers when Cruz told the crowd to ?vote your conscience? ? a phrase that has been adopted by the group of Republicans who had asked delegates to not coronate Trump as the nominee. And when he declared that Republicans are ?fighting, not for one particular candidate or one campaign,? the boos began.

Trump?s children looked on from their box seats, stoic and not applauding.

As the speech entered its closing stages, Cruz had completely lost the crowd. Screams of ?endorse? came from the rafters. And in an act of pure showmanship, the room?s eyes turned back to that Trump booth. The candidate had perfectly timed his entrance to take away attention from his former primary foe.

Cruz had been upstaged while standing on the stage.

Critics will say that he had tried to be too clever by half. But the truth is, much of Wednesday night?s drama shouldn?t have come as a surprise. Over the course of the week at the Republican National Convention, one of the more entertaining side shows has been the battle among Republican elites to position themselves for the 2020 election. And no politician has been on the receiving end of more of that 2020 chatter ? facilitated, in part, by his top adviser ? than Cruz.

The Texas senator is naturally positioned to emerge from the wake of a Trump electoral defeat, should that loss transpire. He won the second most delegates during the 2016 primary, and as the most high-profile conservative in the party, he gives GOP voters a chance to move on from a Trump loss without moving ideologically to the middle.

Cruz has carefully fed the chatter. Well before he took the stage, it was leaked that he would not formally back Trump, in a speech he reportedly wrote himself. Part of it, naturally, is that the Trump campaign treated him like hell during the primary, mocking his wife, suggesting he had engaged in multiple affairs, and saying his father hobnobbed with Lee Harvey Oswald. But part of it is also because he wants to emerge as the candidate regretful Republicans turn to after the fall.

?Gotta give the guy credit. That?s stand-up. I?ve got to give him credit for his integrity to hold up and hold his own chops,? said a Wyoming delegate who said he was originally bound to Cruz. ?At the same time, I know that he?s a good Republican and he?s going to back the Republican Party. And I?ve got to say, he?s not alone in this. He is by far from being alone.?

But by letting it be known early on that he would not formally endorse, Cruz also gave the Trump campaign plenty of time to prepare.

?He had an opportunity to blow the roof off the place, and he blew it,? said Carl Paladino, the Buffalo real estate developer who is one of Trump?s top backers in the state.

Peter Kalikow, the former owner of the New York Post and New York delegate, said he wasn?t surprised that Cruz didn?t endorse Trump.

?No, nothing stupid that he does ever surprises me,? he said.

Posted on: 2016/7/21 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I guess that means he won't be selling guns to Mexican Narco Terrorists during failed DOJ stings like Eric Holder did?

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Yikes, folks talking about Christie as potential attorney general it trump elected. Be afraid

Posted on: 2016/7/21 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/21 2:26

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017