Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 31 »

Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
https://ballotpedia.org/Important_date ... _for_the_general_election

If a nominee dropped out of the race and was replaced by his or her party, what kind of ballot access obstacles might they face?

States require political parties to submit names of presidential candidates in order to certify them for the general election ballot. Every state has some sort of official or unofficial deadline for this (see the table below). Some states have earlier deadlines than others because of early voting and voting by mail and absentee voting. As of February 2016, 34 states offered early voting in some form or another, and several states allow voting as early as late September.[6] Three states (Colorado, Oregon and Washington) use all-mail voting systems, thereby eliminating the need for early voting.
August/early September

The bulk of the dates for certifying the names of major party presidential candidates are in August and September. Mid August was the point at which either party could have found a replacement nominee and still have been able to get his or her name on the ballot in enough states to be competitive in November without having to navigate the courts and ballot access issues. For example, if a nominee had dropped out in late August, his or her name would already have been certified to appear as their party's candidate for president in about 20 states. If he or she dropped out in late September, that number rises to almost 40 states.
Late September

Replacing a candidate's name in late September could prove challenging. The parties would likely have to look to the courts. As Politico noted on August 4, 2016, the courts have shown a willingness to work with the parties on the issue of deadlines: "Courts have tended to discard ballot deadlines in favor of having two parties represented on the ballot.?[7] In 2002, for instance, the New Jersey Supreme Court allowed Democrats to replace their nominee for a U.S. Senate seat 15 days after the certification deadline.[8] In addition to this, election officials in the states have been known to show some leeway on the deadlines. Richard Winger, an expert on ballot access laws, told Ballotpedia by email, ?even when major parties have missed deadlines for certifying presidential and vice-presidential nominees, or presidential elector candidates, election officials have always set the deadline aside.?[9]

The other factor to consider, however, is whether or not the opposing party would file lawsuits seeking to enforce state laws as they are written and prevent a replacement nominee from appearing on the ballot. This would consume a considerable amount time, energy, and resource for both parties but would likely exacerbate the struggles of the party trying to get its replacement nominee on the ballot.
October/early November

In October, especially later in the month, and in early November (before November 8) the situation becomes significantly more complicated. At this point, nearly all ballot certification deadlines have passed, many ballots have been printed off, and voters in some states will have already cast their ballots. This begs the question: what happens if a candidate has dropped out of the race but wins the popular vote in a state? Would the replacement nominee just receive those electoral votes? The answer lies in what that state has to say about its electors in the electoral college. The Constitution does dictate how electors must cast their votes. But some states do. More than half the states have laws dictating how electors must vote. If the former nominee won in a state that does not have a law on how its electors vote, then, theoretically, they could win all of that state's electoral votes. But if the former nominee won in a state that does have a law on how its electors vote, then, one would have to look at that law's fine print to see what would happen and if the state's electoral votes could go to the replacement nominee.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The WSJ lays out how a candidate for both parties would be replaced.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/08 ... residential-nominee-quit/

Posted on: 2016/9/11 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
So far this is the closest view yet of the Hillary collapse. Sorry, I can't seem to get the video embed feature to work:

https://youtu.be/11-EAzsGxgQ

Anyone who is considering voting for Hillary needs to watch this video.

She is gravely ill. She may not live until the election. The worst part is how her handlers are not surprised by her infirmities at all.

She literally looks like a standing corpse, and the people around her just expect it. I wonder what disease she has.

Tim Kaine > Trump

What makes you think he'd be the nominee and not Biden or Sanders? I think the Sanders fans would be pretty justified in demanding he be the nominee, in light of that primary.

We all know that democrats don't believe in the rule of law so I guess at this point, anything is possible with them. It is a good thing Chelsea's "apartment" was just around the corner.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
So far this is the closest view yet of the Hillary collapse. Sorry, I can't seem to get the video embed feature to work:

She is gravely ill. She may not live until the election. The worst part is how her handlers are not surprised by her infirmities at all.

She literally looks like a standing corpse, and the people around her just expect it. I wonder what disease she has.

Tim Kaine > Trump

What makes you think he'd be the nominee and not Biden or Sanders? I think the Sanders fans would be pretty justified in demanding he be the nominee, in light of that primary.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Tim Kaine > Trump

Posted on: 2016/9/11 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/11 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/11 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/11 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is it legally possible for the Dems to replace Hillary with say, Joe Biden, this close to the election?

Posted on: 2016/9/11 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Someone posted this twitter video link on nj.com taken from behind Hillary as she went down.

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/775002335877607424

Posted on: 2016/9/11 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Now it's clear she's both morally AND medically unfit to be POTUS.

Can't wait to hear the first HRC shill attempt to logically argue that even with HRC sick in the WH as president, Bill will be there to step in as her backup.

Ohhh wait the Constitution says what about line of succession? That can't be right... these are the Clintons, successors to Camelot.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Now it's clear she's both morally AND medically unfit to be POTUS.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Hillary is telling people who do not support her they are hateful people. This is something I have noticed for awhile, you do not agree with a liberal, you a smear as a bigot or worse. Liberals have destroyed the true meaning of tolerance.

Though liberals do a great deal of talking about hearing other points of view, it sometimes shocks them to learn that there are other points of view

They know full well there are other points of view. They deliberately avoid discussing their merits by smearing them with nasty labels, aka racist, bigot, xenophobe, sexist, etc.

Exactly. When liberals run out of arguments, they pull out the racist/bigot card. Happens on jclist and elsewhere all the time. Another example is "academic freedom of speech". It only applies to leftist speakers; if you are conservative or a climate sceptic, you get chased off the campus by leftist activists. US universities have truly become bastions of totalitarianism. Scary.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
What basket are you? ;)

#basketofdeplorables

I love it! Telling the voters the truth of what liberals think of tens of millions of Americans!

She is truly a hateful bitch.

She merely reflects the views of her hateful supporters, some of whom you can find on this very board. You see them spew the same vitriol on a regular basis.

Really? Do you read your own posts? You have to be the most hateful person on this board...

I don't like rats (remember John Oliver?), nor people who seek to destroy our way of life.

Luckily for America, more and more people are waking up to the threats we face. I hope to see Trump leading the national polls in one week's time.

I remember. Your hateful comments are unfortunately tough to forget.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh Hillary.... there you go again with another sweeping generalization knocking conservatives and Christians... I doubt you can find a quote from any conservative claiming Christianity exclusively as their own because they have the largest memebership. Take your meds and go back to bed.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Ever notice that Conservatives claim to be the biggest believers in Christ, yet their actions go against everything he taught? I despise them, yet I forgive them, for they know not that their brains are in their a$$.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 11:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Ever notice that Conservatives claim to be the biggest believers in Christ, yet their actions go against everything he taught? I despise them, yet I forgive them, for they know not that their brains are in their a$$.

Just like what happened in the UK with Brexit, when the power of the people is evidenced the supposed 'intellectual elite' show their true colors of disdain for those they think below them. Karma can truly be a bitch.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/11 10:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Hillary is telling people who do not support her they are hateful people. This is something I have noticed for awhile, you do not agree with a liberal, you a smear as a bigot or worse. Liberals have destroyed the true meaning of tolerance.

Though liberals do a great deal of talking about hearing other points of view, it sometimes shocks them to learn that there are other points of view

They know full well there are other points of view. They deliberately avoid discussing their merits by smearing them with nasty labels, aka racist, bigot, xenophobe, sexist, etc.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/11 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
What basket are you? ;)

#basketofdeplorables

I love it! Telling the voters the truth of what liberals think of tens of millions of Americans!

She merely reflects the views of her hateful supporters, some of whom you can find on this very board. You see them spew the same vitriol on a regular basis.

Really? Do you read your own posts? You have to be the most hateful person on this board...

I don't like rats (remember John Oliver?), nor people who seek to destroy our way of life.

Luckily for America, more and more people are waking up to the threats we face. I hope to see Trump leading the national polls in one week's time.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Have you not heard that inside every liberal is a totalitarian screaming to get out?

Posted on: 2016/9/11 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
What basket are you? ;)

#basketofdeplorables

Posted on: 2016/9/11 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/11 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
What basket are you? ;)

#basketofdeplorables

Posted on: 2016/9/10 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
What basket are you? ;)

#basketofdeplorables

Posted on: 2016/9/10 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
What basket are you? ;)

#basketofdeplorables

Posted on: 2016/9/10 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
What basket are you? ;)

#basketofdeplorables

Posted on: 2016/9/10 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
TheBigGuy wrote:
Isn't it ironic... Tom Brady destroys his cellphone with a hammer and the NFL investigators suspend him for 4 NFL games costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars while Hillary destroys 13 phones with a hammer and the FBI let her off to become president?[/quote

If you feel the NFl railroaded Brady I can not agree. They have been caught numerous times cheating and have been given tremendous lienency from the league. Deflating footballs was a slap in Godells face after he cut them such slack.

Posted on: 2016/9/9 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't it ironic... Tom Brady destroys his cellphone with a hammer and the NFL investigators suspend him for 4 NFL games costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars while Hillary destroys 13 phones with a hammer and the FBI let her off to become president?

Posted on: 2016/9/9 10:48

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 31 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017