Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Ideas to discourage gang activity?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

petunia wrote:
Recently there has begun to be a large group of young men in long white t-shirts who hang out on the corner across from my building. Trust me they are not up to any good.

Official - Try taking photos or video of the guys from a dark room with a good camera (so that you can see the guys and they can't see you), and then give this to Steve Fulop.

Old-fashioned/low-tech - About 10 years ago, I remember reading about urban malls that tried to chase kids away by playing the geekiest music possible. Maybe try playing bad 1970s children's music.

If you and the neighbors on the corner agree that you're willing to do absolutely anything to chase those guys away: all buy skunk scent and rub it on your stoops and every other relevant place. See: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=%22skunk+scent%22&btnG=Search

Create a Webcam for that corner and promote it on JC List. Maybe some cops will start watching it for fun and do something everything.

Posted on: 2006/6/19 5:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
HAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG this is the funniest thread ever. Each post a classic in its own right.

Posted on: 2006/6/19 3:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
To discourage gang activity

1. Insert fingers in ears
2. Close your eyes
3. Bite your tongue
4. Pray they move to another neighborhood

Mission Accomplished!

It amazes me how many people have that response.

The other one is - So long as it doesn't affect me directly, I'm
Ok.

I guess now we know why 'gangs' own the streets when they are present.
I'm sure you are not alone with this issue you have, but no-one is as community conscious as you - GOOD LUCK.

Posted on: 2006/6/19 3:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/6/19 1:16
From gentrified mugging station.
Group:
Registered Users
I have an idea to discourage gang activity. Let's start our own gang and call it,"Sweat Pants And Cats Kill Lecherous Enemies!" or for short S.P.A.C.K.L.E.! We can sit in our apartments in front of the window's and watch all the criminal activity that is unfolding. Maybe we can all confernce call or chatroom at the same time! Another possible scenario is pizza party mayhem! Where we invite all the known gang members and other villanious characters to hamilton park to have a pizza party! Everyone loves pizza and when they show up and eat the pizza they will be slipped laxatives. That's the best way for us to take back the streets!

Keep Rocking, Your friend,

Ted Nugent!

Posted on: 2006/6/19 1:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
Guys all in white t-shirts!

great way for them to hide in the pack - if 1 commits a crime it is very hard to identify the individual.

a bit like picking out a sheep from a flock.

if they are thinking this way regarding the way they dress, I'd be very careful as they know how to play the game of not being caught if they are doing anything illegal.

I've played game with them also but very carefully.

Get yourself a sign made up that reads THIS AREA IS UNDER 24 HOUR VIDEO SURVEILLANCE and place it exactly where they hang out.

Then just nearby say 10 feet, get a friend to lay on the ground and outline your friends body with some white chalk. Put some tomato sauce where the head is and let it dry.
You will have to do this when they are not around.

As most crime is done by stupid people, they will think someone has been shot or killed and cameras are now installed in the area.

Then sit back and watch their reaction - it will have them out of there hopefully
However this could cause them to move on and give some else a source of drama.

An idea for the sign could be the JCPD logo and similar words regarding surveillance - cut and paste the logo from the internet and get some printable clear A4 stickers for your printer from the store. This will give it some creditability.

Posted on: 2006/6/18 3:27

Ideas to discourage gang activity?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/19 18:29
Group:
Registered Users
Recently there has begun to be a large group of young men in long white t-shirts who hang out on the corner across from my building. Trust me they are not up to any good. Have called JCPD non-emergency number a few times to report possible gang and or drug activity and have gotten little if any response. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or can help me find the right political route to go to address this issue.

Posted on: 2006/6/18 2:48

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017