Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Re: Obamacare...creating more working poor.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
If you bought health insurance at an Affordable Care Act marketplace this year, it really pays to look around before renewing your coverage for next year.

The system is set up to encourage people to renew the policies that they bought last year ? and there are clear advantages to doing so, such as being able to keep your current doctors. But an Upshot analysis of data from the McKinsey Center for U.S. Health System Reform shows that in many places premiums are going up by double-digit percentages within many of the most popular plans. But other plans, hoping to attract customers, are increasing their prices substantially less. In some markets, plans are even cutting prices.

More

Posted on: 2014/9/18 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Indiana's Republican governor has warmed up to ObamaCare.

It reminds me of this story, - there was that girl who was raped. The rapist claimed consensual sex though, - he said that she asked him if he could at least use condom, and from that he derived that she actually cooperated and so it was not a rape. Thankfully, the jury didn't agree and he was convicted.

So, back to our case. So you asked the people of Indiana to pay taxes, promising them some social benefits. They resisted. You forced them. Now, they ask to get the benefits you promised. And you proclaim that the very fact that they ask for some of their money back, - makes everything consensual.

Riiiight.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 4:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
again, the us has the least efficient system among industrailized western countries

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to ... th-care-system-in-survey/

Posted on: 2014/6/16 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Indiana's Republican governor has warmed up to ObamaCare.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinion ... de081a_story.html?hpid=z2

ndiana?s Gov. Pence taking the Obamacare money and Irunning with it

By Dana Milbank, Published: May 19

For the first time since Obamacare split the country in two, the conditions for a cease-fire have begun to appear.

An architect of this detente ? although he denies any such intent ? is Mike Pence, who as a conservative Republican congressman in 2010 fought bitterly against the law and who as governor of Indiana refused to implement it.

But Pence, after intensive negotiations with the Obama administration, just announced his intent to take the money Obamacare provides for Medicaid expansion and to use it on his own terms to broaden health-care coverage for the working poor.....

Posted on: 2014/5/20 10:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Resized Image

Not saying that the two statements don't look foolish side by side, but you should be smart enough to know that one has nothing to do with the other...

Posted on: 2014/5/19 17:31
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/16 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/16 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I like the term "conservitards." Let's make it a common word!

Posted on: 2014/5/16 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, this is working out great-when a home state Senator is asking for answers to another billion dollar Obamcare boondoggle.

And Obama will say he created all these jobs, where people play Pictionary and sleep all day!

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/go ... 46-8560-1cf549e7af2a.html

Posted on: 2014/5/16 10:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Monroe - thank you so much for elucidating us

Posted on: 2014/5/16 4:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The net gain of people now insured who weren't before is less than two million people, and of those the number the new enrollees who are young and healthy is tiny.

In the end, it will have been far cheaper to just have the govt pay the healthcare premium for the uninsured outright.

This will be the biggest political and public policy failure in the history of the USA, and it's all on Obama and the Democrats. Every bit of it.

(And who said 'conservitards'? Don't you know its insulting, demeaning, rude, heartless, and un pc to use a version of 'retards'?) That will get you stripped of your looney left street cred in a Chilltown second.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
hero69 wrote:
guess what, i read that 80-90% of enrollees {large insurers) are paying their premiums ....yay/ what say the naysayers who were crying about 67%

So, they made buying insurance compulsory, they forced people off their old policies , - and even with that they failed to reach their goal, - and that is what you are celebrating as a great victory, eh? "Hurray, they failed by merely 10-20%, not, like, 30%!"

Quote:
hero69 wrote:
so monroe, i guess obama should just ditch the whole system because he did not generate the $2,500 number?

It depends on what his goals are.

If all the promises that he made, - saving the money, keeping the doctor and the policy that we like and so on, - if those were important to him, than yeah, ditching the system is logical.

On the other hand, if those promises were just the biggest consumer fraud in the US history, and his plan was to make as many people as possible dependent on the government for their medical needs, well, yeah, then he should bravely charge ahead, and let the other shoe fall, - for those who buy insurance via the employer.

Here is a question for you, - which one of the two do you think it was?

Well, of course that should be postponed until after the elections.
By the way, what's your explanation, - why did His Majesty suspended those pieces of the most glorious law?

Quote:
hero69 wrote:
Conservtards are so really. I say it again I know this person who railed and railed against ObanaCare. Giess what. Now she;'s using it enthusiastically.

Yeah, yeah, and every antisemite in the old USSR had a very close friend who was a jew and who agreed with whatnot inane statement as required.

Anyways, as I said pretty soon you will be able to enthuse about your new insurance as well. I can hardly wait.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
guess what, i read that 80-90% of enrollees {large insurers) are paying their premiums ....yay/ what say the naysayers who were crying about 67%

Posted on: 2014/5/8 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
so monroe, i guess obama should just ditch the whole system because he did not generate the $2,500 number?

Posted on: 2014/5/6 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
well, she was against it, agaisnt it, against it..ran around the office trying to rally support against...asking us to sign petitions, call our congresspeople..well, when she couldn't find another job and needed healthcare, she signed up for obamacare which is cheaper than cobra.

at the end of the day, who cares about the $2,500 savings. I care MORE about having health insurance

Posted on: 2014/5/6 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Conservtards are so really. I say it again I know this person who railed and railed against ObanaCare. Giess what. Now she;'s using it enthusiastically.

Of course there are always people who are for it.

But we were promised an average $2,500/family decrease with equal benefits.

And it's not true, even remotely. Which is why so many people (yes, Americans of every party) hate it.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/6 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
The COBRA payments are the employer cost, plus a small administrative fee. By law COBRA premiums can be no more than 102% of the cost that active participants (or the employer, on their behalf) pay.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The majority of Americans don't and didn't want this, and continue to feel the same way.

Obama's popularity is at an all time low, and his 'signature' achievement has a lot to do with this.

We were flat out lied to by our POTUS on this program-now we know that many of the insured were dropped by their plans and had to join, a third of signups HAVEN'T PAID A PENNY, the numbers of the young signup ups is lower than predicted, and the tens of millions of uninsured hasn't really changed.

Some success.

So essentially, because the opposition party has better marketing, ACA is a failure. Gotcha. At least it's established that you have no real argument against it...

Pebs, the whole con game is built on younger, healthy payees putting in to cover the older and the sick.

Since revenue is off by 33% (ie people who signed up who have not paid), and fewer younger people than we were told have signed up, the whole thing is a house of cards that's either going to collapse, or have costs go through the roof.

But take solace-it's all because of your party! The Dems own this turd.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The majority of Americans don't and didn't want this, and continue to feel the same way.

Obama's popularity is at an all time low, and his 'signature' achievement has a lot to do with this.

We were flat out lied to by our POTUS on this program-now we know that many of the insured were dropped by their plans and had to join, a third of signups HAVEN'T PAID A PENNY, the numbers of the young signup ups is lower than predicted, and the tens of millions of uninsured hasn't really changed.

Some success.

So essentially, because the opposition party has better marketing, ACA is a failure. Gotcha. At least it's established that you have no real argument against it...

Posted on: 2014/5/6 21:00
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
My wife just got the COBRA notice from her former employer. The COBRA premium for family coverage is over $1800/month! The exchange Silver plans are about half that. Even the Gold and Platinum plans are cheaper.

I assume the employer coverage is superior in some way to justify the higher premiums. But thanks to the ACA, we have a much more affordable option.

I don't think comparing COBRA costs to Obamacare are a true comparison-how much was the former employer cost-that's the true comparison, no?

Posted on: 2014/5/6 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
My wife just got the COBRA notice from her former employer. The COBRA premium for family coverage is over $1800/month! The exchange Silver plans are about half that. Even the Gold and Platinum plans are cheaper.

I assume the employer coverage is superior in some way to justify the higher premiums. But thanks to the ACA, we have a much more affordable option.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Some success.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
If Pebs is right, we will see an overall decrease in costs for the majority of Americans. If she's wrong, we won't.

Wanna bet on the result?

Keep your plan? Oops, didn't work.

Keep your doctor? Oops, didn't work.

Save an average of $2,500/family? Oops, didn't work.

All lies.

Middle class benefit? Oops, didn't work.

Many people did keep their plan, myself included.

You have been betting on the results of this for months. You didn?t think they would get the sign-up numbers. They did.

You can bet on decreasing costs for the majority of Americans, but with the numbers they have, overall costs should go down.

Stick with your tired meme about it being a failure though?

Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Maybe next time you click that "Submit" button after typing up a post you'll have something to back up whatever worthless opinion you want to droll out.

I only submit my backup for those that are worthy of it. You flatter yourself if you think you and your quote from the Puffington Host blog are worthy.

In short: You?ve got nothing.

Way to come to a gun fight with spork?

As much as I?m not a fan of the Huffington Post, that article went out of its way to try and argue that ACA is a failure and couldn?t. It is absolutely hysterical how some can continue to trot out the same old meme in the face of facts?then again there are people that think the earth is flat.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 15:54
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Maybe next time you click that "Submit" button after typing up a post you'll have something to back up whatever worthless opinion you want to droll out.

I only submit my backup for those that are worthy of it. You flatter yourself if you think you and your quote from the Puffington Host blog are worthy.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If Pebs is right, we will see an overall decrease in costs for the majority of Americans. If she's wrong, we won't.

Wanna bet on the result?

Keep your plan? Oops, didn't work.

Keep your doctor? Oops, didn't work.

Save an average of $2,500/family? Oops, didn't work.

All lies.

Middle class benefit? Oops, didn't work.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
If you consider Obamacare a success I'd hate to see what the failed version would have been. Oy vey.

Just goes to show that if you set the bar low enough then anything is a success.

Conversely, if you keep saying a duck is a dog, a duck will be a dog.

The biggest argument that this is a failure is that there were website problems. This, usually an argument made by someone that doesn't understand IT in the remotest sense, is about as pathetic an argument as any.

HuffPo
Quote:
? According to a recent Gallup survey, the number of uninsured Americans dropped from high of 18 percent in 2013 to a low of 14.5 percent at the end of March. For states that have set up their own insurance marketplaces and expanded Medicaid, the number of uninsured has dropped even lower -- to 13.6 percent. Those numbers will continue to decrease later in the year, with the next open-enrollment period and with more people signing up for Medicaid under the ACA's expansion provisions.

? According to Rand Corp., 9.3 million people gained health insurance coverage between September 2013 and mid-March 2014. About a third of the 3.9 million people that gained coverage through the individual insurance market were previously uninsured.

? Medicaid enrollment increased by 5.9 million, and the majority of these Americans did not have insurance before signing up.

? The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that 19 million people will gain coverage through the ACA by 2015, increasing to 25 million by 2016.

All of this looks like real evidence that the 25-year trend of increasing uninsured rates has finally been turned around.

It also appears that federal and state insurance marketplaces, or exchanges, in spite of troubled rollouts, are exceeding initial enrollment estimates and are becoming more attractive to insurance companies.

? More than 8 million people have enrolled through insurance exchanges.

? Thirty-five percent of those enrollees were under age 35. More important, 28 percent of enrollees were between 18 and 35. While this number is lower than hoped for, it may well be enough to prevent premium increases resulting from an age-skewed risk pool, the so-called premium "death spiral."

? Many insurance companies are seeing positive trends in the new marketplaces, including market size and higher-than-anticipated sales of mid-level insurance plans. United Healthcare Group, the nation's largest insurer, which offered coverage only in five public marketplaces this year, is now considering entering into more exchanges in 2015.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 20:18
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
If you consider Obamacare a success I'd hate to see what the failed version would have been. Oy vey.

Just goes to show that if you set the bar low enough then anything is a success.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Doomsday scenario. I'm so scared!

No, just for the people who were lied to about a $2,500/year savings per family and being able to keep their plan and doctor, and voted to elect Obama on those lies.

Which is why, as people finally come to this conclusion, that Obama's ratings are the worst in his Presidency. And why any Democrat running is running away from him.

Well, yeah, aside from the fact that Obamacare has been a success thus far and more people signed up for it than anticipated.

I think it is a good meme that Republicans continue to trot out dead horses to beat. It continues to remind everyone with two brain cells rubbing together that it is the party that has no clue.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 17:33
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Doomsday scenario. I'm so scared!

No, just for the people who were lied to about a $2,500/year savings per family and being able to keep their plan and doctor, and voted to elect Obama on those lies.

Which is why, as people finally come to this conclusion, that Obama's ratings are the worst in his Presidency. And why any Democrat running is running away from him.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 2:01

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017