Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Will PSE&G Solar Panels be Placed in Front of your Historic Home? They are coming soon to JC!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Well, believe it or not the technology is here, it works, and is being perfected by inventors all over the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDeXTXYFKAY&feature=related

Posted on: 2010/7/25 15:05

Re: Will PSE&G Solar Panels be Placed in Front of your Historic Home? They are coming soon to JC!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
You are wrong fauxboken -- that is not what PSE&G has done in South Jersey -- again check out Burlington's or Plainfield's historic residential areas! PSE&G is now headed up here and plan to place these large ugly panels on every electric pole!

Quote:

fauxboken wrote:
they'll probably put these things along the highway and montgomery... not in paulus hook in front of your casa

Posted on: 2010/7/25 15:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 3:16
Group:
Registered Users
they'll probably but these things along the highway and montgomery... not in paulus hook in front of your casa

Posted on: 2010/7/24 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
No matter how fancy or how many screws are tightened or how much brass is polished, there is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine. Making matters even sillier is the concept of TAKING away energy while having the engine run in perpetuity.
If it had a name this gadget would be Perpetual Motion PLUS.

But that never stops yet another generation from passsing off an even glitzier fake, and those with no knowledge of physics fall for it every time.

There is nothing revolutionary about magnetic induction and conductors rotating through magnetic fields...EVERY motor and generator runs this way. BUT, as MDM, correctly points out, the Laws of Thermodynamics demand that there is ALWAYS more energy inputted into any device than can be taken out.

Thus, you put in 3 BTU's of coal energy to spin a magic wheel and it gives you about 1 BTU of electicity... IF you've designed your boiler and generator well.

Posted on: 2010/7/24 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Dude... put down the bong and take the tinfoil off your head. The 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics are not going to be bypassed. There is no such thing as a free lunch or free energy.

Posted on: 2010/7/24 3:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/7/24 2:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The solution to our planets energy problem has been in our lap for decades but greed will never allow it to happen.

The solution is Electromagnetic Energy, simply put, by using the positive and negative fields of magnets, It is posable to make a disc or wheel spin, and FAST! and it will continue spinning for the life of the magnets, which is about 3 or 4 HUNDRED YEARS! with no pollution and no emission --- 0 --- So imagine a box about 3\'x3\' square, that can go in your back yard, basement, or attic, and power your house for the rest of your life. This technology will also work in a car.

Oil, Coal, Solar, Wind power, Gas, you name it, its all BS. Nothing will work as good as an Electromagnetic Generator.

I have made a small version in my workshop with materials from Home Depot, and IT WORKS!
So why are we not using this technology now?

Below is a link to some of the many inventors who have built an (over unity) electromagnetic Generator and proven that it works

check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgQeHHmRW4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGST6835uNM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_41btVawMc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8WZD11alb0&feature=related

Posted on: 2010/7/24 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Seems to me that the area covered with these panels is peanuts hence very little energy produced. The real value is on larger areas - roofs. From what I understand regarding private solar panels, one can either pay the full installation upfront , or get into a long term contract with an installer that covers the installation but comes in a form of lien attached to the house and tied to property taxes. This lien can be really bad when selling the house, Fanny/Freddy seems to have an issue with it.

If I decided to fork everything upfront, I also bet that the city would raise (again) my property taxes.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
So you are against solar. You are against natural gas. How about you turn off your computer and stop using so much electricity.

Well.. NJ does get a little over 50% of its power from nuclear. But don't plan on anymore nuke plants being built in NJ anytime soon.

Though Toshiba did come up with a pretty cool min nuclear reactor for powering small towns and large facilities. I think they are going to install one in Alaska soon.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
So you are against solar. You are against natural gas. How about you turn off your computer and stop using so much electricity.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I wholeheartedly agree with you -- but the least PSE&G and PETRA Solar can do is not place these panels right in front of historic properties!

Clearly it is a boondoggle -- even PETRA's CEO says it is "critical" to get the funding from Federal and State tax incentives -- and he even admits that the solar panels are made in China -- or at least "elsewhere in the world"

Here he is on FOX News talking about teaming up with none other than BP!

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3951375/petra-solar-ceo-on-solar-ac

Posted on: 2010/7/23 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You the rate payers are paying for this program. Did you notice that your electrical rates went from about 0.12 per kWh to well over $0.17? Well, that was done to pay for these panels.

Solar makes no sense financially. It can't pay for itself. Without subsidies, the solar industry dies overnight.

Solar is not as 'clean' as you think. Refining silicon for the panels is an extremely energy intensive process that involves the creation of toxic waste. This waste must be heated well over 1,000F in order to treat it. China leads the world in producing the silicon because they don't bother treating the silicon tetrachloride. They just dump it. The stuff breaks down into hydrochloric acid and pretty much poisons the soil to the point grass won't even grow.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 19:07

Re: Will PSE&G Solar Panels be placed in front of your historic house? They are coming soon to JC!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I don't need to go anywhere to know that PSE&G butchers trees on a regular basis. I can look outside my window.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:50

Re: Will PSE&G Solar Panels be placed in front of your historic house? They are coming soon to JC!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you are in the shade because of buildings, then likely PSE&G won't place panels there -- but your tress will be pruned severely -- maybe not right then but later -- just go and look at Burlington, NJ -- you will see your future!

Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
...I can't grow anything but shade flowers in front of my house. There's simply no sun to catch.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't ask the harm in putting them in front of houses in JC. I asked about the utility. I can't grow anything but shade flowers in front of my house. There's simply no sun to catch.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Go look at the poor town of Burlington NJ -- PSE&G already placed these eyesores in front of many beautiful well maintained historic colonial buildings -- what harm would it be to avoid placing these in front of Historic properties? The loss of electric for skipping areas would be minor at best.

As far as your mature trees - have you ever seen PSE&G prune trees? They have the longstanding easements in place -- they can prune away! Once the panels are in place - they will justify even taking more branches!

Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
SHouldn't they be on the roof? We have such big old trees that I doubt they would catch any rays except up there.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
SHouldn't they be on the roof? We have such big old trees that I doubt they would catch any rays except up there.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The NJN video explains that the full solar grid planned would account for just under 1% of NJ electricity consumption. Will that alone negate the need for new electricity generation? No, of course not. But it will delay the need for new power plants and offset strain on the power grid during peak periods. And delaying the need for a new fossil fuel powered generation plant will allow time to construct electric sources like off shore wind farms, which in fact would prevent the construction of a coal plant.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sadly they cannot come near taking the place of coal power plants -- keep in mind that suburban tract houses have no above ground wires or poles -- so this PSE&G move is only something that older urban areas will have to burden -- realize that these are our Historic gems and areas that we are talking about!

Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
These things are better than building a new coal plant in the state.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
These things are better than building a new coal plant in the state.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is really a boondoggle with Federal and State tax money -- it delivers very little energy -- just see the first video's estimates after all panels are completed. Your electric bill will actually rise even by PSE&G's own estimates -- you are not getting anything cheaper this way.

Quote:

JCSHEP wrote:
If this will reduce energy costs....

Posted on: 2010/7/23 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
If this will reduce energy costs or improve the local air quality I support this fully. The fact that it provides jobs here in NJ is the icing on the cake.

Posted on: 2010/7/23 17:53

Will PSE&G Solar Panels be Placed in Front of your Historic Home? They are coming soon to JC!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
These $1000 a piece solar panels are really made in China but assembled here in New Jersey. This is Federal Money being used. PSE&G started by putting these panels up in poorer towns in South Jersey -- areas like Burlington NJ -- the company is based in the somewhat wealthier town of Plainfield in Central Jersey and started there -- Plainsfield homeowners were shocked -- the Plainsfield Historical organizations are already up in arms...(click link below) http://plaintalker.blogspot.com/2009/ ... t-all-want-solar4all.html PSE&G and Petra say they get to avoid annoying NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) issues since they have power line pole easements already in place -- you can look at the pdf file on their website stating this. http://www.petrasolar.com/ ============================ Here is the newest NJN News video: Governor Christie loves PETRA Solar: Here is some older news: ===================== The man in charge at PSE&G Arthur S. Guida 80 Park Plaza Mail Code: T10 Newark, NJ 07102 Tel: 973-430-7135 Fax: 973-622-4261

Posted on: 2010/7/23 17:47

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017