Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

Re: The Entire Board of Liberty Humane Society Just Resigned...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
Let me get this straight.

You would prefer to have a shelter that fails state inspection; thus forcing the State of NJ (or is it the County of Hudson in this case) to take over and turn the shelter into a 7 day kill pound, for the sake of pushing a no-kill agenda?

IMeaning, you are willing to put a personal agenda ahead of the lives of all the cats/dogs at LHS.

Quote:

LHSuncensored wrote:
the problem is diana jeffrey signed a contract with jersey city which stated that the building would have a 4,080 square foot expansion, holding 74 dog runs. the construction was never initiated. now the interim board is complaining that they've inherited all these problems, when they really contributed to them. so rather than playing the blame game, maybe people should start taking responsibility for their actions, or lack there of, and start doing the right thing (rather than killing the "overpopulation" of animals in hopes of passing state inspection).

Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
It's 60 animals, not just dogs. SledgeHammer, LHS has published a list of all the dogs that have gone to rescue and which groups they went to. Contact info for all of them can be found online.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/24 19:17
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
HAAMember wrote:
...Also, while I cannot give overall shelter numbers or speak for the lad few weeks, I can say that the HAA rescue outreach program has placed 60 dogs with rescues since it began roughly four weeks ago.

I was referring to what HAA has stated in their post that they had reached out to programs and placed 60 dogs with rescue. In my opinion I consider that HAA had rescue them by doing so (reaching out). I am not saying anything about HAA taken in dogs or they are a ?No Kill? shelter. I am simply saying that the method that is used by a ?No Kill? shelter could have easily been used here with any of these 60 dogs that HAA has sent out or reached out to these rescue groups. Who are these groups anyway? How do they do their behavioral testing, etc? Right now this is my main concern here, exactly what happen to those 60 dogs that were rescue; if my memory serves me right I believe that these 60 dogs were sent off prior to them being evaluated by the two outside agencies that LHS has called upon to help them out with performing behavioral evaluations on the dogs at the shelter and this makes me wonder...why? It is only right if HAA or LHS could provide us with the name and the breed of the 60 dogs that were sent out to these rescue groups along with the names and locations of these groups this way we could follow up to see how the dogs are doing instead of being taking for a ride in the park.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/19 16:52
Group:
Registered Users
HAA is an advocacy organization. They do not take in animals. But Pets Alive is a "no kill" shelter. Are you saying they might be sending out dogs to be euthanized?

Posted on: 2010/9/2 13:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/24 19:17
Group:
Registered Users
I was doing some research regarding ?No Kill? shelters and found out that some of these ?No Kill? shelters actually sends out their animals to be euthanized (put to sleep) elsewhere as oppose of it being done on their premises and they consider themselves to be a ?No Kill? shelter. With that method in mind I am now wondering how many dogs out of the 60 that were supposedly have been rescue by HAA were actually sent out to be euthanized? And the reason why certain dogs were left at the shelter to be put to sleep were purposely done for 2 reasons; 1. It was easier for them to justify it 2. It took the focus off of the larger amount of dogs that were sent out to be put to sleep. This is the way I am starting to feel about this whole thing. I will not rest until I know for sure who took those 60 dogs that HAA claims they had rescue. HAA should provide us with the names of each dog that were sent out to rescue and to whom they were sent to in order for us to follow up on this. From here on out I want to see it in order to believe it.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 12:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/9 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
LHSUncensored -

If you want to stop playing "the blame game" perhaps you could begin with not making and allowing comments on your Facebook page that are, simply put, terroristic in nature. Your entire site is a laundry list of accusations with absolutely no evidence that takes down comments discussing how people can help but leaves up comments calling people "murderer" saying that other people will "RIP" and insisting that they are killing for space when they are not. You claim kill numbers that you know are not true (200 at one point - which was not even mathematically possible)and give free reign on your site to an outside organization that has never even been to the shelter or met the Board, yet has no problem publishing the home numbers of those involved. All while refusing to identify yourself even though you moderate the page.

Stop the blame game? You are the SOURCE of it.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 11:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/3 15:15
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/9/2 4:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the problem is diana jeffrey signed a contract with jersey city which stated that the building would have a 4,080 square foot expansion, holding 74 dog runs. the construction was never initiated. now the interim board is complaining that they've inherited all these problems, when they really contributed to them. so rather than playing the blame game, maybe people should start taking responsibility for their actions, or lack there of, and start doing the right thing (rather than killing the "overpopulation" of animals in hopes of passing state inspection).

Posted on: 2010/9/2 4:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
no steve I was insinuating no such thing. I assumed you took them with you. I was asking if you had arranged for someone to fill the gap in rescue here that you were leaving. you always were too quick to assume the worst of others and that others assumed the worst of you. Also love the way that you ask me to take over your relationship with a lawyer so we can get a shelter shut down without any of the dogs being harmed, we do it successfully, but because you didn't wind up with the keys to the place I am now her "mouthpiece" and "people shouldn't trust a word" out of my mouth. Way to stay classy buddy.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I think we just need to cool the debate a little, There's too much heated feelings in a number of directions that really distort the issues. I respect why the board felt the need to resign. I don't agree with their decision, but I respect their reasons.

I think everyone wants LHS to suceed long term, even those folks that resigned. Can we focus on how to help LHS succeed going forward?

LHS have got to resolve a number of issues: state inspections, overcrowding, no-killl, etc. I think the current board get the issues and are making some major steps on all these issues.

Let's help them with that.

LHS is too valuable a JC institution to lose over some stupid bickering - when everyone in JC wants the some thing.

Thank you!!!

Posted on: 2010/9/2 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I think we just need to cool the debate a little, There's too much heated feelings in a number of directions that really distort the issues. I respect why the board felt the need to resign. I don't agree with their decision, but I respect their reasons.

I think everyone wants LHS to suceed long term, even those folks that resigned. Can we focus on how to help LHS succeed going forward?

LHS have got to resolve a number of issues: state inspections, overcrowding, no-killl, etc. I think the current board get the issues and are making some major steps on all these issues.

Let's help them with that.

LHS is too valuable a JC institution to lose over some stupid bickering - when everyone in JC wants the some thing.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 2:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 1:24
Group:
Registered Users
Steve - If I remember correctly at any one time you had 5 - 7 dogs in your in-home rescue. When you left Jersey City did you find someone to take that operation over for you, or did you just move on and are now attacking at a distance an organization that has seven less slots to put dogs into?[/quote]

Are you actually, publicly insinuating that I dumped my dogs in a shelter?

All of my dogs came with me.

You are truly unbelievable. What is it that you do for animals? You are a joke.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 1:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
luvinmyjc-

let me put it this way. If the person you are concerned withs name started with J, yes ALL of the bizarre number of employees whose names started with J, they are gone. All of them.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 1:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users
The tone in these posts are harsher than the ones on the Pet Free Zone signs in Hamilton Park.

I wish one day that there was more awareness on dog/cat parenting. People buy animals like it is a piece of clothing that you can one day discard after the newness has worn off. These animals end up in overcrowded shelters and some unforunately have to be put down. It is sad, but a reality. The position in saving every animal is unrealistic unless there is endless money and resources.

I can't speak to LHS and the dogs put down since the information on the subject is all over the place. Folks loose focus in their arguing back and forth at the expense of their common objective (care/training/placement of these animals).

Posted on: 2010/9/2 1:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
webmaster - what happened to the rule on this thread that anyone who attacked an individual oor individuals by name had to identify themselves.

lhsuncensored -

It would be easier to take you seriously if your site didn't censor like crazy anyone who showed any support for LHS, supported a site that has published the home phone numbers of people who have been on the board mere days who have had their children answer the phone to physical threats, and made veiled threats to the safety of people's lives. Oh and the thread you deleted where people responded to my posting from Daily Kos by insulting my physical appearance? hilarious! I really enjoyed the cyber bullying that followed especially the note from John "I'm ready to bet really Joanna" Wolf saying "he" knew I wasn't the sock puppet Bill Bryant but was going to keep claiming it on your site anyway.

What is the average age on your site? 12? It would be funny if not for the fact that GOID PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEDICATED THEIR LIVES TO RESCUING ANIMALS ARE HAVING THEIR SAFETY AND FAMILIES THREATENED BASED ON LIES.

Posted on: 2010/9/2 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Chumming the water.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Wow -- maybe it is just coming on the heals of that nut at the Discovery channel -- but that kind of talk sure sounds threatening to me!

Quote:

LHSuncensored wrote:
in case you were interested:

out of the 31 dogs that were killed, niki "the needle" dawson and her daughter sarah dawson had personally killed 18 dogs.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 23:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
in case you were interested:

out of the 31 dogs that were killed, niki "the needle" dawson and her daughter sarah dawson had personally killed 18 dogs.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 22:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
all deaths, with the exception of spencer, were authorized by niki dawson. 26 of these were authorized by niki dawson while she was a volunteer (not a board member, not shelter staff)

Posted on: 2010/9/1 18:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
here are the dogs that were killed. read through all of them. pick up on some of the reasons why...

mr. kotter - pit mix, brindle/white, male
intake: 4.1.10
killed: 8.10.10
eval: passed
cage card: blue (intermediate)

zeppelin - pitbull, brindle/white, male, 10mo.-1yr.
intake: 4.26.10

kay
eval: not evaluated

runner - pitbull, brown, male
intake: 6.22.10

hombre - pitbull, blue/white, male
intake: 6.23.10

coffee - pitbull, brown, female, 3yr
intake: 6.17.10

kirby - pit mix, white/tan, male, 1-2 yrs.
intake: 6.2.10

note for the above dogs: niki and sarah dawson "semi-evaluated" these dogs (excluding coffee), deaths authorized by niki dawson

simon, boston, and luna
killed: 8.12.10
reason: they were environmentally focused
note: authorized by niki dawson

joshua
killed: 8.16.10

beaumont
note: deaf. always sweet and barked for attention. very mellow.

kona, justice (justice had adopter), and clyde (clyde not evaluated)

tyson
note: senior, 1 eyed, 1 eared gentle soul who was an owner surrender.

foxy - pitbull, brindle/white, female, 3-4 yrs.
intake: 2.20.10
killed: 8.18.10
eval: passed first eval, failed second eval.
note: stressed and skinny, but had an ADOPTER

jeremiah - pit mix, brown, male
intake: 8.9.10
note: pia silvani from st. huberts didn't like how he behaved in his run

daisey - am. staff. mix, black/white, female
intake: 6.14.10
eval: passed first eval by laura waddell, failed second eval by st. huberts
note: beautiful puppy full of energy, loves to play and run. she sits and lays down on command. she is good with other dogs, preferably a male.

chloe - pitbull, brindle/white, female
intake: 8.10.10

muffin - pitbull, blue grey, female
intake: 8.10.10

freckles - pitbull, brown/white, female, puppy
intake: 8.5.10
note: this puppy did not like sarah dawson

nina
killed: 8.19.10

zuma
killed: 8.20.10
eval: passed first eval. failed second eval.

roy - pitbull, brindle, male, 2.5-3 yrs.
intake: 4.30.10
eval: passed the first eval. failed the second.
cage card: green (easy-going)
note: a young active cutie who will be a great companion for a first time dog owner/family

lucky - pit mix, brown/white, male, 2 yrs
intake: 3.2.10
eval: passed first eval. failed second eval.

fuller
killed: 8.25.10
eval: passed first eval. failed second eval. passed third eval. food tested 2 more times that same day and failed.
note: had ADOPTERS fighting for him. adopters witnessed his evals and were still willing to take him and work with him. fuller was killed out of spite.

doctor
intake: 8.18.10
killed: 8.27.10

spencer
killed: 8.28.10
note: done at staff members request for becoming a danger to staff.

mindy
killed: 8.28.10

Posted on: 2010/9/1 18:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/30 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Put your egos back into your boxes folks. Let's work together on solving LHS's immediate issues for the benefit for all the animals under our trust.

AGREED.

And stupidseven, you really need to keep your stupidity to yourself. There's already enough of that on JCList.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 17:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
This whole issue is really making me more and more pro-kill....

Just to see the ranting and ravings of a bunch of wackos...

This is like watching FoxNews as if they were on crystal meth!!!

Posted on: 2010/9/1 17:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/4 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
HAAMember:

"That same person has, as part of HAA, been leading the effort to get animals into rescue groups and foster homes so as to bring the numbers down to a level where the animals are not living in squalor. Squalor which, by the way, only started after she left."

SO true. as i said...some current lhs employees need to just do us all a favor and resign...or be fired.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 17:26
no matter what, i'm luvin my jc!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/4 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
im not sure if the people im talking about are gone. if no one but the ED has been replaced since the creation of this thread, then they arent.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 17:19
no matter what, i'm luvin my jc!

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
background information can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=150338118324712

Posted on: 2010/9/1 16:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
please join us thursday, september 2nd starting at 5pm for a candlelight vigil, to mourn the inexcusable deaths of our communities dogs and cats. please feel free to bring your friendly, on-leash pets, families, friends, and candles.

please follow our uncensored facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liberty ... ed/121665741216260?ref=ts

please see the facebook event here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146510465381647&index=1

please see post on jc independent here:

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... -liberty-humane-thursday/

Posted on: 2010/9/1 16:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
luvinmyjc -

All the senior staff brought in by the previous ED are gone at this point, including the people I believe you may be speaking of, though I do find the affirmative action comment rather off-putting.

jgirl -

I agree, and I believe, knowing the new board members appointed last week, that this is where things are heading. Unfortunately the previous administration believed in No Kill in name only, and did none of the hard work required to make No Kill a reality. I think the fact that release rates are already up after just 5 weeks despite the disaster they inherited, along with the drastically increased outreach to rescues is a good beginning. I don't fail to see the irony that the whole reason the shelter is under assault from Pets Alive is because LHS reached out to them to take animals requiring an environment like theirs, something the previous "No Kill" regime failed to ever do. Jersey City has some unique challenges in becoming No Kill, including but not limited to some of the worst State Animal Control laws in the nation and an enormously high number of the misnamed "bully breeds" in the system. However that does not mean it cannot be achieved if the people who are screaming at each other would shut up and spend their energy contacting rescue groups or donating to the shelter instead of making up stories about a slaughter that is not happening and evaluation standards that exist only in their imaginations.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I've been a long-time supporter of LHS in one way or another. I've adopted dogs, I've directly contributed financially, my wife has volunteered hours there.

The closure of the Hudson County shelter and directing input to LHS probably was the trigger for a lot of the recent LHS problems. Donations are also probably way down because of recent financial upheavals.

Generally I'm for no-kill, but it's not black-and-white for me. If it's no-kill versus LHS's existence: sorry I'll back the current board on this one - I'd rather see LHS continue with their current policy than have LHS fold. Anyone that wants LHS to fold is an idiot.

Can we make no-kill work at LHS? Probably yes, but I think it will likely take a change of "position" by the no-kill proponents.

The number one priority for the LHS board is to pass state inspections. If they don't pass, there is no LHS. No-kill is irrelevant.

Where the no-kill movement could really help LHS, is to rally other nearby no-kill shelters with both open capacity and the capability to house and rehabilitate unadoptable or supposedly dangerous animals. I think the board at LHS wants to get back to no-kill status, but perhaps needs a little help getting there. Perhaps set up a shelter-to-shelter website if we need to on transfers/at-risk animals.

Put your egos back into your boxes folks. Let's work together on solving LHS's immediate issues for the benefit for all the animals under our trust.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
That's a pretty radical and reaching declaration. Thanks for making it clear.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 23:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/9 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
The No Kill Resolution-
The right to live is every animal?s most basic and fundamental right.
Societies for the prevention of cruelty to animals and other humane organizations were founded to establish standards for humane treatment of animals, to promote their rights, and to protect them from harm.
Traditional sheltering practices allow the mass killing of sheltered animals.
Every year shelters in the United States are killing millions of healthy and treatable animals who could be placed in homes, and are also killing millions of feral cats who do not belong in shelters.
Life always takes precedence over expediency.
The No Kill movement in the United States has successfully implemented new and innovative programs that provide alternatives to mass killing.
Lifesaving change will come about only if No Kill programs are embraced and further developed.
Failure to implement No Kill programs constitutes a breach of the public?s trust in the sheltering community.
No-kill is not one solution. It is many.

Diana

Posted on: 2010/8/31 21:27

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017