Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Jack Shaw found dead!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Moral relativism is exactly what this City needs more of.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Jack Shaw worked for Richard Daley, Robert Janiszewski, and Jerramiah Healy. And now we have the likes of Ray Lesniak, Bill Gaughan, Willie Flood, and Gerald McCann singing his praises. What a crew of peers. I don't care how much of a sweetheart some of you folks think he was, he was nothing but a common bagman. And whose fault is it that he won't get a day in court? He probably didn't want one.

It is amazing how insensitive you are by posting that. Jack has a family, friends and loved ones...some of them are your neighbors. It amazes me that you feel the need to post that based on a potential moral issue on his part. Are you aware of the moral issue that is your post?

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
I will get off my soapbox in a minute - we do NOT know if he killed himself, he was ill, took medicine for it as many people do. The stress of indictment, his guilt, whatever, could have done it. So lets not make it out that he killed himself until we know for sure. Off soapbox now.

That is true. But when the police leak word that someone has died "next to a bottle of pills," they are signaling a presumption of suicide.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
I will get off my soapbox in a minute - we do NOT know if he killed himself, he was ill, took medicine for it as many people do. The stress of indictment, his guilt, whatever, could have done it. So lets not make it out that he killed himself until we know for sure. Off soapbox now.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
Bogart - you couldn't be further from the truth. I live in the building - the "attacker" was a friend of the deceased. May you NEVER have to walk through throngs of lookie-loos, police, and especially nosey scavenger reporters if somebody in your family dies.

And, if I am ever so unfortunate to have a friend kill himself after being indicted for extortion under color of authority, may I have the restraint not to assault a reporter, and should my restraint fail, may I have the luck to walk away from the assault with the police on my side, telling the guy I assaulted "so sue him."

I suspect if this had been the death of someone indicted for any crime other than selling his ties to the local powers that be, the police would not be so solicitous of his friends assaulting the media.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Yes, you "just don't care" so much that you continue to post about it, and continue to posit as fact your speculations about somebody who just died, and who is being mourned by friends and family.

Congratulations on being so classy.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Iwitness wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Jack Shaw worked for Richard Daley, Robert Janiszewski, and Jerramiah Healy. And now we have the likes of Ray Lesniak, Bill Gaughan, Willie Flood, and Gerald McCann singing his praises. What a crew of peers. I don't care how much of a sweetheart some of you folks think he was, he was nothing but a common bagman. And whose fault is it that he won't get a day in court? He probably didn't want one.

One thing Jack Shaw apparently never did: publicly dance on the grave of somebody he never met, from behind the anonymity of a screen name.

It's sad seeing people using their legitimate outrage at the corruption of our politics to justify really classless, loathesome behavior. It undermines the cause.

As I mentioned, I am not happy that he died, I just don't care. That's not dancing on the grave. Nor will I pretend to care, like you. Sorry for the brutal honesty.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Iwitness wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

One thing Jack Shaw apparently never did: publicly dance on the grave of somebody he never met, from behind the anonymity of a screen name.

It's sad seeing people using their legitimate outrage at the corruption of our politics to justify really classless, loathesome behavior. It undermines the cause.

Amen.

I applaud and support those of you who are out there letting your voice be heard in a smart, rational and honest way.

To the heartless and the gossip-mongers among you who can't control your misdirected rage or see beyond the headlines, I am embarrassed to be your neighbor.

Don't let Jersey City's spirit become as dirty and disgusting as our politics.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Bogart - you couldn't be further from the truth. I live in the building - the "attacker" was a friend of the deceased. May you NEVER have to walk through throngs of lookie-loos, police, and especially nosey scavenger reporters if somebody in your family dies.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/29 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/29 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jack Shaw, the political consultant found dead in Jersey City, is remembered as "a gentleman"

by Amy Sara Clark and Agustin C. Torres
The Jersey Journal
Tuesday July 28, 2009

Jersey City political strategist Jack Shaw, one of the 44 people arrested in Thursday's massive New Jersey corruption scandal, was found dead in his apartment tonight, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

A relative found Shaw's body, DeFazio said. Police were called to the ninth-floor apartment at the Towers at Portside, 100 Warren St., at 5:17 p.m. and Shaw was officially declared dead at 6 p.m.

Two officials with knowledge of the investigation told The Star-Ledger that several bottles of pills were found near Shaw's body. However, Shaw, who has diabetes, was on several medications and worried about his health, according to Jersey Journal opinion editor Agustin Torres, who often spoke with Shaw. He recently lost 60 pounds, Torres added.

No weapon was found near the body and the death does not appear to be a homicide, DeFazio said.

The cause of death might be determined as soon as today during the autopsy, or officials might have to wait for a toxicology report, which often takes weeks, DeFazio said.

Shaw, who was 61, was accused of taking $10,000 from the government informant for himself and an additional $10,000 in campaign contribution for an unnamed Jersey City official from an FBI informant posing as a developer hoping to secure zoning approvals.

The longtime consultant had been a keen observer of the rough-and-tumble world of Hudson County politics for decades, often commenting for The Jersey Journal.

On former Jersey City Mayor Bret Schundler's run for governor in 2001, Shaw said, "All politics is local and the office of County Executive is more important to a lot of people than governor. If I were doing Bret Schundler's strategy, I'm not sure I would want ... an usually high turnout in Hudson County."

Shaw started his political career in his early 20s in Chicago with the older Richard Daley, the political boss of the Windy City, said Freeholder William O'Dea, one of many friends he has in the Democratic Party.

As a hobby, he collected wooden figurines, and gave O'Dea a figure William Wallace, the hero from "Braveheart," when he was running for freeholder, O'Dea said.

His first New Jersey campaign was for Barbara Boggs Sigmund, who ran in the Democratic primary for U.S. senator in 1982. Shaw then worked for Frank Lautenberg on the general race, O'Dea said.

Shaw also worked on the campaign of former Hudson County Executive Robert Janiszewski in 1987 and was a longtime political lieutenant for former Gov. Jim Florio. "Jack Shaw was a very intelligent political operative," said state Sen. Ray Lesniak, who knew Shaw in Trenton. "Very blunt, straight forward, and intellectual ... not a tough guy ... He was more of a thoughtful, analyzer of the issues and what the public wants from government."

Shaw also served as spokesman for the Hudson County local of the Central Labor Union, was chairman of the board of the Hudson County SPCA in the late 1990s, and worked with developer George Filopoulos on the development of The Beacon in Jersey City.

"I met him when I first came into politics," said Bill Gaughan, a 16-year Jersey City councilman representing the Heights. "In my book he was always a gentleman, always trying to move Jersey City forward."

"I feel badly that he doesn't have a chance to defend himself," Gaughan added. "Whether he was guilty to what he was charged with or not, he should have had his day in court."

Posted on: 2009/7/29 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Police did not release the man's name last night.

The case is considered a simple assault and Wilson will have to pursue it in Jersey City Municipal Court, a police spokesman said.

In other words, the attacker was a cop or a "friend" of the cops.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Photographer assaulted

Jersey Journal
PATRICK VILLANOVA
Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dylan Wilson, a Jersey Journal photographer, was assaulted last night outside the residence of Jack Shaw, after the political consultant was found dead in his home.

Wilson was standing outside 100 Warren St., the apartment building where Shaw lived, when a large man emerged from the front doors yelling at the photographer. Flanked by several other men and a woman, the man pushed Wilson and then grabbed him by the throat, Wilson said.

The man was physically restrained by some of the people with him, said Wilson, who identified the man for police.

Police did not release the man's name last night.

The case is considered a simple assault and Wilson will have to pursue it in Jersey City Municipal Court, a police spokesman said.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Stay classy, bloodthirsty mob.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Yep.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Vermin? Meaning the folk who have not yet been tried or convicted?

Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Slacky wrote:
Well, I hope you're all happy now.

I wouldn't say happy, but I will say that I could not care less about the demise of Jack Shaw and would not care if the same fate met each of the vermin rounded up last week. The existence of people like these make life very difficult for us regular-folk.

Guilt will sometimes make you do extreme things.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Very sad, the bad movie script continues. WPLJ radion guys all over this story just now. Described Shaw as one of "healy's best friends."

Posted on: 2009/7/29 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Maybe he couldnt handle the pressure of haveing to give up names. I feel for his family. May they find peace and heal from the pain that all this has caused them

I think it sad whenever anyone dies, and particularly sad for his family, irrespective of what he may/may not have done.

My condolences to his family.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 5:47
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Blumpkin wrote:
Crooked yes, but not a rat. You kind of have to respect that.

The old JC spirit lives on!!

Posted on: 2009/7/29 5:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/5 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Crooked yes, but not a rat. You kind of have to respect that.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 4:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I met Jack Shaw in a neighborhood saloon one night... nice enough guy, brought me a beer... but that night and the few times I saw him later... there always seemed to be some members of the JC Council or other JC goverment officials around... I suspect he knew (did) a lot more than what he was charged with... old school guy who probably did the right thing in some circles...

Remember Paul Byrne... he was proud took the fall without breakin' the faith, even though he got F'd by Robert Janiszewski. That was bigger money than this case...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/25/nyregion/25hudson.html?_r=1

... He died (natural cuaes) 48 hours after his federal sentence, ... Jack couldn't wait that long

Posted on: 2009/7/29 4:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
"you'll be fine , if you don't look for trouble". "if you look for trouble, you'll be in trouble." whether or not you're the nicest person on earth.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 3:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
you are not just holed way in handcuffs for nothing...

Well I certainly have been.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 3:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
oh puheeese....

you are not just holed way in handcuffs for nothing... besides, even Ch 4 stated, if he had lived he will crack up and name MORE NAMES... innocent? i think not. accomplice? need i say more?

Your typing is atrocious and betrays underlying problems with your central nervous / cerebral function levels.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
oh puheeese....

you are not just holed way in handcuffs for nothing... besides, even Ch 4 stated, if he had lived he will crack up and name MORE NAMES... innocent? i think not. accomplice? need i say more?

Posted on: 2009/7/29 3:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
well, if you've been doing something terrible for a long time, it will bound to get you ..... hard.

i truly believe, "what goes around, comes around"

You have blood on your keyboard.
People are being hounded to death before they get a fair hearing.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:
JCorNYC wrote: i did not say it to be mean spirited. that's how it is when you do bad things and think you will get away with it .... well , guess what......?
let us know how that works out for you. next.

Posted on: 2009/7/29 3:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
Presumed innocence is a fundamental right in this country.

Why do you hate America?

Posted on: 2009/7/29 3:11

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017