Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: "We'll help you leave" High Tax Hoboken for Jersey City -- Honest, but Rude, Truth on Billboard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Let me start out by saying that I am the farthest thing from a yuppie. I will admit it can be a little much in hoboken......

I think the hate being portrayed on this board is more about the haves vs the have nots. worry about yourselves. Stop whining. I have liberal and conservative friends living in Hoboken. Some are musicians, artists and others are in corporate.its not all one type.

Do me a favor grab a beer on a sunny friday outside texas arizona and tell me how the women look that get off the path train. maybe thats just it ! Cant score the hot chicks? or maybe your one of those angry chicks that doesnt shave her arm pits?

Posted on: 2009/3/25 23:51

Re: "We'll help you leave" High Tax Hoboken for Jersey City -- Honest, but Rude, Truth on Billboard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
If you have such a problem with JC then why dont you live in Hoboken? Downtown has already had the NYC and Hoboken overflow and that obviously hasnt helped fix the crime problem, so what exactly are these frat yuppie charecters going to do for the community besides make it douchey?

Thanks for the tip, wanna buy my place?

Well do you currently live Downtown? If you do and can afford that , chances are you can afford Hoboken.

Who said I want to live in Hoboken? I'll be movin way further west. I'd rather have cows then the white T-shirt posse as neighbors.

Glad I don't live in India little train! Geez imagine the thread we would have about human poop as opposed to dog poop on the sidewalks.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
If you have such a problem with JC then why dont you live in Hoboken? Downtown has already had the NYC and Hoboken overflow and that obviously hasnt helped fix the crime problem, so what exactly are these frat yuppie charecters going to do for the community besides make it douchey?

Well do you currently live Downtown? If you do and can afford that , chances are you can afford Hoboken.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

victoria wrote:

I agree with you 100%. . . about the artsy posse, of which I'm not affiliated with (this or any posse). As for your MLK/Montgomery Gardens comment, well I think that speaks for itself as what it blatantly is. Do YOU live on MLK blvd, my guess is probably not. Why don't you try and help those communities instead of condemning them.

How can you help those who won't help themselves or each other. The link below explains a culture that is at least trying to help each other within a primitive environment.
http://www.metro.us/us/article/2009/03/04/19/0708-79/index.xml

Posted on: 2009/3/25 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
"I agree with you 100%. . . about the artsy posse, of which I'm not affiliated with (this or any posse). As for your MLK/Montgomery Gardens comment, well I think that speaks for itself as what it blatantly is. Do YOU live on MLK blvd, my guess is probably not. Why don't you try and help those communities instead of condemning them."

I figured I'd throw the "artsy types" in for good measure. No one will ever find putdowns on them nor the frat boys a touchy topic. But look how quick you are to defend the ghetto folk. What's up with that?

Haha...that's just how liberals function.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"I agree with you 100%. . . about the artsy posse, of which I'm not affiliated with (this or any posse). As for your MLK/Montgomery Gardens comment, well I think that speaks for itself as what it blatantly is. Do YOU live on MLK blvd, my guess is probably not. Why don't you try and help those communities instead of condemning them."

I figured I'd throw the "artsy types" in for good measure. No one will ever find putdowns on them nor the frat boys a touchy topic. But look how quick you are to defend the ghetto folk. What's up with that?

Posted on: 2009/3/25 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

victoria wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Why in Gods name would you want any part of JC to be more like Hoboken? Just look at the picture, you cant even take a picture of Hoboken without having some soccer moms and biff running by. Ugghh I feel horrible for the natives over there, give me chicken bones and dog poop or whatever else you people complain about any day of the week.

Please God take the sign down. We'll be flooded with stupid frat boys who throw up on their girlfriends (seen it with my own eyes) or worse, we'll get a Bahama Mama's or whatever the hell that is. I'm going to Nine Lives and buying my Hoboken Sucks t-shirt. . .

Victoria, while much of Hoboken is indeed overrun with frat boy types, I think you are stereotyping and painting with a broad brush. Can't Hobokenites paint Jersey City with a broad brush, and claim that it's overrun with gangsters and drug dealers? We wouldn't be too happy if somebody generalized about our city...

I like Downtown JC much more than Hoboken, but I must say that I'm envious of Washington Street. Downtown JC has nothing that even comes close to that...Grove Street and Newark Ave are disgraces, when you consider the potential that they have.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Looking at this from a purely rational and analytic point of view - which no one on this board seems to want to do - does anyone know where the median property tax in Hoboken now stands with the 47% hike factored in? I thought I read somewhere that for years, Hoboken property taxes were below the NJ median because the city avoided raising taxes by selling off city property (and there's only so much you can sell in a city that's only a square mile). JC, on the other hand, has been right around the state median, I think. So if the property tax hike is only bringing Hoboken taxes in line with or slightly above JC's there may be little point, financially speaking, in relocating.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Like many here, I'm not a fan of the fratboyish bar scene in Hoboken (although I kind of was when I was younger). However, in a way I'd rather my neighborhood be overrun by these types, than gangster types. Hey ... statistically, fratboys don't mug and shoot people. You can't deny that.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Thats true, I dont think I saw 1 99cent store in Hoboken!

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
so what exactly are these frat yuppie charecters going to do for the community besides make it douchey?

What has your own existence contributed to the Jersey City community?

No legitimate, self-respecting yuppie would ever set foot in Hoboken OR Jersey City, anyway. Or do you just hate anyone who appears to have a job which pays more than $100k?

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
...Just stop at Gallery 58 on one of the openings. What a "diverse" bunch! Then check out how homogenous the flip side of our town is by stopping by at the Montgomery Gardens or MLK blvd...

I think the billboard was only comparing the Mile Square Hoboken to the Mile Square Downtown Jersey City!

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 0:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
The artsy posse of JC with the handlebar mustaches and the ironic salvo gear don't act alike? Just stop at Gallery 58 on one of the openings. What a "diverse" bunch! Then check out how homogenous the flip side of our town is by stopping by at the Montgomery Gardens or MLK blvd. When will american apparel in Hoboken start selling "JC sucks" shirts?

I agree with you 100%. . . about the artsy posse, of which I'm not affiliated with (this or any posse). As for your MLK/Montgomery Gardens comment, well I think that speaks for itself as what it blatantly is. Do YOU live on MLK blvd, my guess is probably not. Why don't you try and help those communities instead of condemning them.

That's actually a good idea you have about the JC sucks shirts, we can start turf wars and battle off, West Side story like. . . I'm with the Sharks. Aside from that I think you should get out more and enjoy the sunny day.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I love JC, but there are a ton of good looking women in Hoboken.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Why in Gods name would you want any part of JC to be more like Hoboken? Just look at the picture, you cant even take a picture of Hoboken without having some soccer moms and biff running by.
Because I like soccer moms better then the riff raff in oversized white T's.

Yup because thats all JC has to offer. . Unreal.

you don't see how your comment 2 posts earlier merits the same response? Unreal.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The artsy posse of JC with the handlebar mustaches and the ironic salvo gear don't act alike? Just stop at Gallery 58 on one of the openings. What a "diverse" bunch! Then check out how homogenous the flip side of our town is by stopping by at the Montgomery Gardens or MLK blvd. When will american apparel in Hoboken start selling "JC sucks" shirts?

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
" I'm going to Nine Lives and buying my Hoboken Sucks t-shirt. . ." Will you put on your new shirt and go to Hoboken to show them what you think of them?

My father was just telling me today how he used to play in a band in Hoboken in the 70s when it was just a working class town with working class problems. He was saying how crazy it was when the transition in Soho began and then subsequently Hoboken began 20 + years of a gentrification process. He says there was a big controversy when one of the rent controlled buildings which was being fought over by developers went up in flames one night. Three or four people died. He's going to help me find the article. As for whether I would wear the shirt, of course I would wear the shirt! Frankly, I'm not scared of drunk fraternity boys. It's not personal, it's just that Hoboken kind of does suck. I used to work there when I was a kid in highschool and I had friends that lived there, really cool people. But now, what is it but a bunch of sports bars with people who mostly all act alike. It's totally congested. I don't want to live in a town like that. Whatever happened to the Monroe Arts Center, if it's still there, kudos for them. . .

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

victoria wrote:
I'm going to Nine Lives and buying my Hoboken Sucks t-shirt. . .

Great shirt Nine Lives!

We laughed when we saw that shirt go up in their window!

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rrenaud wrote:
It would be great if this sign stayed up and if Hoboken countered by putting a sign about JC crime rates somewhere in JC. Let's air out the problems and have the municipalities compete over residents, rather than brushing all the problems under the rug.

I agree as far as competition being a way to improve things.Competition is good to maintain or increase the quality of a product and is usually thought of in the private sector,not very often in government.Your idea is a interesting one.I am not sure if the billboards are the way to go because it might lead to a lack of cooperation.

Your reference to brushing all the problems under the rug is
coincidental to a paragraph contained in an article printed in today's Jersey Journal entitled "Once more into the breach Healy himself opened".This article references a incident where the quotation "swept under the rug" was
said to have been used.

Anyway,I believe you are right because I believe it is often best to air out problems before they fester.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
" I'm going to Nine Lives and buying my Hoboken Sucks t-shirt. . ." Will you put on your new shirt and go to Hoboken to show them what you think of them?

Posted on: 2009/3/25 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Why in Gods name would you want any part of JC to be more like Hoboken? Just look at the picture, you cant even take a picture of Hoboken without having some soccer moms and biff running by.

Oh wait, we have more $.99 stores! And dog poop, yes we must have more dog poop because we talk about a lot. I forgot the cultural advantages too, as in choreographed street beatings organized by local teens. Those teens of ours really know how to take initiative. And since we have new and improved housing projects coming our way, I'm glad those teens are here to stay! Awesome.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Why in Gods name would you want any part of JC to be more like Hoboken? Just look at the picture, you cant even take a picture of Hoboken without having some soccer moms and biff running by. Ugghh I feel horrible for the natives over there, give me chicken bones and dog poop or whatever else you people complain about any day of the week.

Please God take the sign down. We'll be flooded with stupid frat boys who throw up on their girlfriends (seen it with my own eyes) or worse, we'll get a Bahama Mama's or whatever the hell that is. I'm going to Nine Lives and buying my Hoboken Sucks t-shirt. . .

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Funny!
But don't worry Rolon's Keyhole will stay -- they have owned it since 1974 and it's a great bar -- however some of their drug addict patrons really should go!

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Its so sad that they took the billboard down. I really wish more Hobokenites would come over to JC to buy homes. We can really start to turn JC into a wholesome bedroom community. Just think of of the possibilities for the pathmark shopping center. Maybe those thingies that prevent carts from disappearing will finally get removed! Imagine, the keyhole on erie becomes Black Bear II. Maybe we could even buy more police and fix roads with their money.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The murder rate has been about the same for Hoboken & Downtown Jersey City for years now!

Posted on: 2009/3/25 15:07

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017