Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 24 »

Re: Jersey City Muslims Unite Against Trump
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'meltdown mode'? It took 49 dead gay Americans for Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama to even utter the words 'Islamic terrorist'.

Do you realize that if Obama declared a "war on terror" and further divided Americans and Muslims, it helps ISIS recruit right? In this way, Trump is playing right into ISIS' hands.

So Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary Clinton's Arab Reset are Trump's problem??

Posted on: 2016/6/17 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'meltdown mode'? It took 49 dead gay Americans for Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama to even utter the words 'Islamic terrorist'.

Do you realize that if Obama declared a "war on terror" and further divided Americans and Muslims, it helps ISIS recruit right? In this way, Trump is playing right into ISIS' hands.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 23:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/16 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
GOP is in meltdown mode. McCain tries to lay blame for Orlando on Obama! Maybe McCain can be Trump's VP running mate!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sen- ... cre-in-orlando-2016-06-16

Posted on: 2016/6/16 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Progressives have a difficult time distinguishing reality and fantasy. That is why Hillary still remains so popular... they actually think The Clinton Years were the 2nd coming of Camelot. Those yeas end with Bill claiming to be the 1st Black President when he left office. All considered the Clintons will be the first black family to leave the White House dead broke. For Obama to admit this late in the game that there is a Global Muslim Terror problem only serves to discredit his 8 Years of his failed foreign policy lead by Clinton/Kerry. Knowing what we know about Clinton/Wall Street/Clinton Foundation it just amazes me that people could support 4 more years of that type of behavior. Their "super delegate rule" corrupted the whole nomination against Sanders or anyone else.

Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Pebble-

Ha, the entire Left is premised on omnipresent victimhood- women, Muslims, gays, immigrants. Nice example of projection.

Mao

When was the last time a Christian was punched, let alone murdered, for being a Christian?

No projection. Just stating a fact based on what you've written.

I'm most definitely not a victim nor do I pretend to be one. Good luck in your travels. I know it is so very rough whenever you hear "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"...

hmm wasn't too hard to come up with a list...

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/christian-attacks.aspx
roflmfao!

Posted on: 2016/6/16 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Progressives have a difficult time distinguishing reality and fantasy. That is why Hillary still remains so popular... they actually think The Clinton Years were the 2nd coming of Camelot. Those yeas end with Bill claiming to be the 1st Black President when he left office. All considered the Clintons will be the first black family to leave the White House dead broke. For Obama to admit this late in the game that there is a Global Muslim Terror problem only serves to discredit his 8 Years of his failed foreign policy lead by Clinton/Kerry. Knowing what we know about Clinton/Wall Street/Clinton Foundation it just amazes me that people could support 4 more years of that type of behavior. Their "super delegate rule" corrupted the whole nomination against Sanders or anyone else.

Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Pebble-

Ha, the entire Left is premised on omnipresent victimhood- women, Muslims, gays, immigrants. Nice example of projection.

Mao

When was the last time a Christian was punched, let alone murdered, for being a Christian?

I'm most definitely not a victim nor do I pretend to be one. Good luck in your travels. I know it is so very rough whenever you hear "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"...

Posted on: 2016/6/16 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

It All Comes Back to Religion

Quote:

It comes back to violence, not religion.

Amen.

The violence of man has identified with a seemingly endless array of external factors as its raison d?etre for millennia?more than enough time to observe that they?re often just labels that aid a fragile psyche in the process of rationalization. Individuals who claim that a religious belief system drove them to violence aren?t much less enlightened than those who are willing to accept such an explanation at face value. If we didn?t believe that the dog owned by David Berkowitz? next door neighbor was to blame for his crimes, why would be believe the words of vicious young men who fraudulently claim to speak for an entire religion?

Given the violence-prone nature of mankind, the psychological gymnastics we?re able to perform in order rationalize unconscionable behavior, and today?s hyper-normalization of firearm possession and gunplay, it should be no surprise that it?s proving to be a tragic combination. The worst part of all is that we deliberately chose this course.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Islamic jihadism and its hatred of homosexuality are at the core of what inspired the Orlando terrorist attack.

Jihadists are hailing the mass shooting at the Orlando gay nightclub Pulse as an Islamist victory. The Islamic State terror group has claimed credit for the atrocity, saying "a soldier of the Islamic State has carried out the attack." President Barack Obama said that the shooter, Omar Mateen, was "filled with hatred" and that the investigation "will go wherever the facts lead us." They will lead directly to radical Islamism.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/article ... pired-by-islamic-ideology

It comes back to violence, not religion.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Pebble-

Mao

Posted on: 2016/6/16 19:07
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Islamic jihadism and its hatred of homosexuality are at the core of what inspired the Orlando terrorist attack.

Jihadists are hailing the mass shooting at the Orlando gay nightclub Pulse as an Islamist victory. The Islamic State terror group has claimed credit for the atrocity, saying "a soldier of the Islamic State has carried out the attack." President Barack Obama said that the shooter, Omar Mateen, was "filled with hatred" and that the investigation "will go wherever the facts lead us." They will lead directly to radical Islamism.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/article ... pired-by-islamic-ideology

Posted on: 2016/6/16 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Dear Pebble:
Reality will never get in the way of your passionate world view. Christians are easily the most persecuted group in the world. Persecuted Christian minorities which have managed to survive since the Moslem conquest are being liquidated throughout the Middle East (e.g. Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Iran). In sub-Saharan Africa, advancing Moslems are killing Christians. Recalcitrant Marxist regimes are harassing, arresting, and murdering Christians in China, North Korea, Vietnam, and Cuba. Muslims in Pakistan, Indonesia, and the Philippines are killing Christians, burning down churches. In India, Hindu nationalists murder and harass Christians.
In the first world, the persecution is much less severe. Still orthodox Christianity is considered a violation of the current social compact. As Frank Bruni, NT Times columnist (aka Platonic Guardian wrote), ?church leaders must be made ?to take homosexuality off the sin list.? If the Church does not, then it will be subjected to increasing persecution. First, removal of tax exemption. Then, perhaps, fines and harassment of various sorts. It will unlikely that any martyrs will be made., It will just be smothered by a thousand cuts of bureaucratic animosity. I remember way back in the late 1980s when I was in law school and I was shocked how all the liberals, particularly the LGBTers, were arguing that either the First Amendment had to go or it would have to be contextualized by new case law that prevented traditional minded people from contributing to the Public Square.
It?s already nasty on a daily basis. Try articulating the prevailing Western view (even championed by Hypocrites hundreds of years before Christ) that abortion is murder or that marriage is between a man and a woman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUTiEXdEsGk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEvpYQzU5DM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPuzKfmt-8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI2_6mZi12k
Returning to the topic of this thread, a good argument can be made that Trump is a result of the crass and aggressive communication style of the Left. Trump is a fraud but maybe that is all our society can muster at this point.
Btw, Pebble, I don?t understand the quote on the bottom of your page?
Mao

Mao, can you please do us a favor and include some line spaces every once and awhile? Paragraphs are much easier on the eyes compared to blocks of text. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Dear Pebble:
Reality will never get in the way of your passionate world view. Christians are easily the most persecuted group in the world. Persecuted Christian minorities which have managed to survive since the Moslem conquest are being liquidated throughout the Middle East (e.g. Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Iran). In sub-Saharan Africa, advancing Moslems are killing Christians. Recalcitrant Marxist regimes are harassing, arresting, and murdering Christians in China, North Korea, Vietnam, and Cuba. Muslims in Pakistan, Indonesia, and the Philippines are killing Christians, burning down churches. In India, Hindu nationalists murder and harass Christians.
In the first world, the persecution is much less severe. Still orthodox Christianity is considered a violation of the current social compact. As Frank Bruni, NT Times columnist (aka Platonic Guardian wrote), ?church leaders must be made ?to take homosexuality off the sin list.? If the Church does not, then it will be subjected to increasing persecution. First, removal of tax exemption. Then, perhaps, fines and harassment of various sorts. It will unlikely that any martyrs will be made., It will just be smothered by a thousand cuts of bureaucratic animosity. I remember way back in the late 1980s when I was in law school and I was shocked how all the liberals, particularly the LGBTers, were arguing that either the First Amendment had to go or it would have to be contextualized by new case law that prevented traditional minded people from contributing to the Public Square.
It?s already nasty on a daily basis. Try articulating the prevailing Western view (even championed by Hypocrites hundreds of years before Christ) that abortion is murder or that marriage is between a man and a woman.
Returning to the topic of this thread, a good argument can be made that Trump is a result of the crass and aggressive communication style of the Left. Trump is a fraud but maybe that is all our society can muster at this point.
Mao

Yawn... I've sat in a Christian church in China. Hardly much persecution. I've walked through the Vatican and seen their riches first-hand. I've walked through Notre Dame and marveled at the craftsmanship.

The Middle East is awash in persecution of all people for all sorts of reasons. Even among the Muslims, the wrong sect will end your life.

The most important job on the planet is the job as President of the United States. It is a proven fact that the only way to obtain that position is to be a Christian. To argue that Christians are the most persecuted, well, that's beyond silly. Wake me up when the Christians running Uganda cease murdering gay people for simply being gay.

I'm pragmatic, not dogmatic. You want to label my factual statements as "passion" fine. Just remember for every finger you've pointed at me with the label, you've another 5 pointing back at you...

As for my quote... it's from a movie and was part of the opening credits to a wonderful podcast that no longer exists.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 16:03
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/1 ... -polls-clinton-phony.html

Trump Nears A Nervous Breakdown As He Just Called All Polls With Clinton Ahead Phony

Joe Scarborough said, Trump is crazy and obsessed with his image. By calling the polls showing Hillary Clinton ahead, which are all of the polls, fake, Trump is leaving what little grasp that he once had on reality behind. It is clear that Donald Trump can?t mentally handle the fact that he is doing poorly in the presidential election.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/p ... election-trump-vs-clinton

Pretty much all polls show Clinton is leading.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Pebble:
Mao

Posted on: 2016/6/16 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
The left needs victims. It is their raison d'etre. Without victims, they are nothing.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
The only place where the f word seems playful to me is in Ireland where the populace is ridiculously and pathetically addicted to say feck this and that.
Mao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5snc_LYSY

Posted on: 2016/6/16 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Pebble-

Mao

Posted on: 2016/6/16 14:57
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble-

Mao

Posted on: 2016/6/16 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Dear Brewster:
Thank you for your assaultative response. The only place where the f word seems playful to me is in Ireland where the populace is ridiculously and pathetically addicted to say feck this and that.
But you are absolutely right about free speech being a two way street. The omnivore can attack the tenents of veganism and the vegan can attack the tenents of the carnivore. But the vegan won?t stand for it.
My wife and I follow traditional Christian fasting rules- that is no meat on Friday (hers are actually much broader since she is an Eastern Christian, e.g veganism about half the year). If someone thinks we do this because of animal rights, or the environment, or because we?re Buddhists, we get fawned over. If we say we do it because of the crucifixion of Christ, the gamut of reactions runs from solicitous disdain (you pathetic souls), to resentment (who do you think you holy rollers are) to angry and aggressive attack (you Taliban Christian).
Btw, the reason the Church?s are empty is because the priests and bishops have lost the faith. The opposite explanation you posit. Who is going to organize hisr life around a parish that is nothing more than social work directed by an emasculated and narcissistic and usually barely closeted homosexual man who is living a most comfortable life? The Church is desperate for approval from the world and is betraying Christ. If the Vatican is destroyed by Isis, we can thank Pope Francis. If Catholics are excluded from public office for objecting to the charade of gay marriage, we can thank Pope Francis. What young couple would bother to baptize their child and sacrifice for their parish for a religion that mocks itself?
Your association, btw, of atheism with intellect is wrong. Despite the strongly anti Christian ideology in the schools, higher education leads to higher levels of religious practice- though does seem, paradoxically to weaken belief.
The science in opposition to Faith is a false dichotomy. Science was still born everywhere but in the Catholic West where the Catholic Universities and religious order nurtured it undergird by a robust Aristoleanism. Albert the Great, Copernicus, Mendel, Pascal etc were Catholics. Galileo, was really just a shrewd courtier of le beau monde who mistakenly lampooned his patroon as SImplicus and so ended up with a mild reproof and detention. http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-galileo-controversy
The stew of the Left which is a mishmash of isms of the last 500 years held together by hatred of Christianity will, I fear, make for a less beneficent society. More ominously, it makes us prey to things like Nazism, Marxism, and now Islam.
Mao

Sounds to me like you want to be the persecuted victim. People judge each and every one of us for a variety of choices that we all make. Instead of you chocking up some of that to the fact that we all have opinions, you notch it as some form of persecution for your deep faith. Don't worry, you're not alone. The entire Republican Party cries this same pathetic tune...

Posted on: 2016/6/16 14:06
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Brewster:
Thank you for your assaultative response. The only place where the f word seems playful to me is in Ireland where the populace is ridiculously and pathetically addicted to say feck this and that.
But you are absolutely right about free speech being a two way street. The omnivore can attack the tenents of veganism and the vegan can attack the tenents of the carnivore. But the vegan won?t stand for it.
My wife and I follow traditional Christian fasting rules- that is no meat on Friday (hers are actually much broader since she is an Eastern Christian, e.g veganism about half the year). If someone thinks we do this because of animal rights, or the environment, or because we?re Buddhists, we get fawned over. If we say we do it because of the crucifixion of Christ, the gamut of reactions runs from solicitous disdain (you pathetic souls), to resentment (who do you think you holy rollers are) to angry and aggressive attack (you Taliban Christian).
Btw, the reason the Church?s are empty is because the priests and bishops have lost the faith. The opposite explanation you posit. Who is going to organize hisr life around a parish that is nothing more than social work directed by an emasculated and narcissistic and usually barely closeted homosexual man who is living a most comfortable life? The Church is desperate for approval from the world and is betraying Christ. If the Vatican is destroyed by Isis, we can thank Pope Francis. If Catholics are excluded from public office for objecting to the charade of gay marriage, we can thank Pope Francis. What young couple would bother to baptize their child and sacrifice for their parish for a religion that mocks itself?
Your association, btw, of atheism with intellect is wrong. Despite the strongly anti Christian ideology in the schools, higher education leads to higher levels of religious practice- though does seem, paradoxically to weaken belief.
The science in opposition to Faith is a false dichotomy. Science was still born everywhere but in the Catholic West where the Catholic Universities and religious order nurtured it undergird by a robust Aristoleanism. Albert the Great, Copernicus, Mendel, Pascal etc were Catholics. Galileo, was really just a shrewd courtier of le beau monde who mistakenly lampooned his patroon as SImplicus and so ended up with a mild reproof and detention. http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-galileo-controversy
The stew of the Left which is a mishmash of isms of the last 500 years held together by hatred of Christianity will, I fear, make for a less beneficent society. More ominously, it makes us prey to things like Nazism, Marxism, and now Islam.
Mao

Posted on: 2016/6/16 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
JJ comment: Quote:
This is some of the terrorists face book postings....

Sen Johnson letter: "According to information obtained by my staff, five Facebook accounts were apparently associated with Omar Mateen. On June 12, 2016, Mateen apparently searched for ?Pulse Orlando? and ?Shooting.? Mateen also apparently posted ?America and Russia stop bombing the Islamic state..I pledge my alliance to abu bakr al Baghdadi..may Allah accept me.? He then posted ?The real muslims will never accept the filthy ways of the west? and ?You kill innocent women and children by doing us airstrikes..now taste the Islamic state vengeance.? In a final post, Mateen apparently wrote, ?In the next few days you will see attacks from the Islamic state in the usa.?

Posted on: 2016/6/16 11:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
oh, puhleeze, isn't that selfish, arrogant god in the old testament just as capricious as the same god in islam. imo, the old of the old testament and islam is an jerk!

Posted on: 2016/6/16 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Mao wrote:
It is wonderful to raise children in a City where people of all differing beliefs get along. However, I have three children who have been in private, public and charter schools. All of these environments are rabidly anti Christian and in an ignorant manner. Any divergence from the party line which is anti-Christian, anti Western, pro gay, pro promiscuity, pro abortion, pro euthanasia, is met with disdain and social opprobrium. Love of country is mocked as is its history and anyone willing to praise it and sacrifice for it. Tolerance is a one way street in this town of closing churches.

disapproval for intolerance=/=intolerance. Someone may have the free speech right to tell other people how wrong is the way they live their lives, but those people have the same right to tell the someone to fuck off. Telling sanctimonious christians to keep their lifestyle prescriptions to themselves isn't anti christian any more than telling some evangelizing vegan to fuck off is anti-vegan. We could care less what they eat, just leave us out of it.

The churches are closing because people are not buying what they're selling, not because of some anti religion plot, unless that's what you consider a modern liberal education is. The guys running Madrassas in Saudi Arabia would agree with you.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[quote]
TheBigGuy wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-wife-say ... do-shooter-105927115.html

WH still bound and determined to make Orlando a Gay on Gay killing to distract people from seeing BHO's leadership failures dealing with this global Islamic Jihad.

"Poor Muslim Ambiguously Gay Guy" tried so hard to be accepted in the homo-phobic Islamic world and seeking love in all the wrong places in the US. I wonder if he was a Batchi Batchi boy back in Afghanistan.

BTW. In this article, there are great tips on identifying Gay Guys.... stuff like "You might be Gay if you spend to much time in front of a mirror. Enjoy!

I'm sorry that there are facts involved in this case that contradict your preconceived notions of what you wish to have happened.

@Pebbles

Wow... you really think that self proclaimed Muslim Terrorist in the throes of a perverse slaughter and maiming of 100 plus people is just a "preconceived notion" of mine. That bastard was not cruising bars... he was stalking his prey and you should truly be ashamed to think it is anything else more than that.

Posted on: 2016/6/15 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Asif:
Thanks for engaging my argument substantively.
My understanding is that Allah is conceived in Islam as being above and beyond all law so that He is praised for the attribute of being capricious.
Yet here is a tome I find asserting natural law alive and well at the heart of Islam., http://www.academia.edu/9632719/Nature_of_Natural_Law_in_Islam
I remember from my undergraduate philosophy that Avicenna and Averroes were master Aristotelians, and so would appreciate natural law. However, they taught the ?two fold truth,? that there was one truth in religion and another in philosophy since they could not reconcile it with Islam.
Below is a lengthy excerpt from an article discussion the capricious and irrational aspect of Allah compared to the Triune God of Christianity which is the source of all reason.
Again, I appreciate your willingness to discuss.
Yours,

Mao

After all, how likely is it that the average believer?Muslim or Christian?could even fully grasp the differences between the Christian conception of the Godhead and the Muslim conception of Allah, let alone allow his behavior to be affected by such differences?
Perhaps we can begin to understand the importance that these differences hold for even the average believer by approaching this from a slightly different angle.
In De Potentia, St. Thomas Aquinas contrasts the Muslim view of physical causality with the Christian one, pointing out that Muslims believe that Allah interposes himself at every point in the chain of causality, while Christians believe that natural objects can act under their own power. Contemporary writers, such as Fr. Stanley Jaki, have argued that this Muslim misconception of natural causality is the primary reason science developed in Christian Europe but remained stunted in Muslim societies (the claims of current public-school textbooks and PBS propaganda specials notwithstanding).
Few people, however, have explored the moral implications of the Muslim understanding of physical causality. To take Aquinas?s example, if I were to take this lighter and apply the flame to this sheet of paper, everyone in this room would assume that, everything being normal, the paper would ignite?and it does. It took no special act of God to cause the paper to burn; in fact, all other things being equal, it would have required His intervention to prevent a fire, just as He intervened when Nebuchanezzer threw the three youths into the furnace. According to the Muslim view, however, when I strike the lighter, Allah has to decide whether the flint will spark, and whether the spark will ignite the fuel. When I apply the flame to the paper, Allah must decide whether the paper will ignite. If it does catch fire, it is because Allah willed that each in this series of natural acts would occur; if it does not, it is because Allah willed that the paper would not burn.
So we conclude that Muslims have a non-Western, non-Christian notion of physical causality. So what? Well, what if this weren?t a lighter, but an airplane? And what if this weren?t a sheet of paper, but one of the towers of the World Trade Center? Then, if the plane, being applied to the tower, were to cause it to burst into flames and crumble to the ground, it would not happen because the hollow steel structure of the tower created a chimney that caused an implosion, or because changes in environmental regulations prevented the use of asbestos above the 76th floor, but only because Allah willed that the tower would burst into flames and crumble to the ground. The complete capriciousness of Allah with respect to the physical world leads to a moral fatalism. If Allah did not want the towers to fall, he would not have made them fall. To Muslims who understand this?both in the United States and worldwide?the fact that the towers fell was a clear signal that Allah approved of the actions of the September 11 hijackers.
This moral fatalism helps to explain why many American Muslims?even some of those who seemed genuinely horrified by what had occurred?were unable or unwilling to condemn the September 11 attacks directly. If Allah approved the actions of the hijackers by causing the towers to fall, then to condemn the September 11 attacks is essentially an act of impiety. It is one of the many ironies of Islam that the Muslim insistence on the radical freedom of the will can lead to a moral fatalism which those who wish to wage jihad against the United States can use in order to silence dissent among their fellow Muslims.
Just as Christians believe that we are made in the image and likeness of God, Muslims see themselves as a reflection of Allah. And as we wish to conform our will to God?s Will, they attempt to conform their wills to Allah. But here, the similarities end. If Allah?s will, unlike God?s, is not bound up with rationality, then the discerning of that will takes a very different shape. In attempting to understand God?s Will, Christians can turn to the world around us, to natural law, to history, to tradition. We see the rationality?the consistent reasonableness?of God?s Will in the world that He created. But in Islam, the appearance of order is only that?an appearance. To the extent that the created world seems rational, it is only because Allah wishes it to appear so. His will could change at any moment, however?and the new order, or lack thereof, that he would create would be just as ?right? as this one.
Which brings us back to Regensburg. Pope Benedict?s address was only 16 paragraphs long; and contrary to the impression given by the media, only the first four paragraphs directly concerned Islam. The other 12 are a philosophical and historical meditation on, in the Holy Father?s words, ?the profound harmony between what is Greek in the best sense of the word and the biblical understanding of faith in God.? Turning to Saint John the Evangelist, Pope Benedict declares that John ?spoke the final word on the biblical concept of God? when he declared that ?In the beginning was the logos, and the logos is God.? In other words, the final word on the biblical concept of God is a Greek word, and one of paramount importance in Greek philosophy. In English translations of this passage, we normally render logos as word: ?In the beginning was the Word.? But logos, Pope Benedict reminds us, also means reason. ?In the beginning was Reason??not the modern, narrow, scientific conception of reason, which places reason at odds with faith, but the classical and medieval conception of reason, which accepts faith as the ?evidence of things not seen.?
Please share this article by using the link below. When you cut and paste an article, Taki's Magazine misses out on traffic, and our writers don't get paid for their work. Email editors@takimag.com to buy additional rights.

http://takimag.com/article/pope_bened ... ional/print#ixzz4BgdqrMe9

Posted on: 2016/6/15 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Colbert nails it on Trump's response -

https://youtu.be/Eh_GFkdxwbQ[/youtube

Trump will deport Call-bear, because he pronounces his name like some French Canadian.

Posted on: 2016/6/15 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Mao wrote:

Quote:
Islam, see my previous post, is in some ways more tolerant of male homosexuality in practice than Christianity or Judaism, having a strongly misogynistic cast and no concept of natural law.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say nor am familiar with ur sources but here you go:

http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view ... 0001/acprof-9780199579006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_law#Islamic_natural_law

Ab? Rayh?n al-B?r?n?, an Islamic scholar and polymath scientist, understood natural law as the survival of the fittest. He argued that the antagonism between human beings can only be overcome through a divine law, which he believed to have been sent through prophets. This is also the position of the Ashari school, the largest school of Sunni theology.[82] Averroes (Ibn Rushd), in his treatise on Justice and Jihad and his commentary on Plato's Republic, writes that the human mind can know of the unlawfulness of killing and stealing and thus of the five maqasid or higher intents of the Islamic sharia or to protect religion, life, property, offspring, and reason. The concept of natural law entered the mainstream of Western culture through his Aristotelian commentaries, influencing the subsequent Averroist movement and the writings of Thomas Aquinas.[83]

The Maturidi school, the second largest school of Sunni theology, posits the existence of a form of natural law. Abu Mansur al-Maturidi stated that the human mind could know of the existence of God and the major forms of 'good' and 'evil' without the help of revelation. Al-Maturidi gives the example of stealing, which is known to be evil by reason alone due to man's working hard for his property. Killing, fornication, and drinking alcohol were all 'evils' the human mind could know of according to al-Maturidi. The concept of Istislah in Islamic law bears some similarities to the natural law tradition in the West, as exemplified by Thomas Aquinas. However, whereas natural law deems good what is self-evidently good, according as it tends towards the fulfilment of the person, istislah calls good whatever is connected to one of five "basic goods". Al-Ghazali abstracted these "basic goods" from the legal precepts in the Qur'an and Sunnah: they are religion, life, reason, lineage and property. Some add also "honour". Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya also posited that human reason could discern between 'great sins' and good deeds.[citation needed]

Posted on: 2016/6/15 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Colbert nails it on Trump's response -

https://youtu.be/Eh_GFkdxwbQ[/youtube

Posted on: 2016/6/15 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
CNN: Quote:
"Matthew Gentili, a producer at the CNN affiliate, told the station he got a call about 2:45 a.m. Sunday from a man claiming to be the nightclub shooter.

' "Do you know about the shooting?' " the caller asked, according to Gentili.

"I'm the shooter. It's me. I am the shooter," the man said.

Gentili said the caller appeared to be speaking Arabic at one point and later told him, "I did it for ISIS. I did it for the Islamic State."

The caller would not say where he was.

"Is there anything else you want to say?" Gentili recalled asking. "He said no and hung up the phone.""

CNN: Quote:
"Carter and others hiding in the bathroom heard Mateen dial 911 and say he's "doing this is because he wants America to stop bombing his country." (Mateen's parents are from Afghanistan. He was born in New York.) He also pledged his allegiance to ISIS.

Posted on: 2016/6/15 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-wife-say ... do-shooter-105927115.html

WH still bound and determined to make Orlando a Gay on Gay killing to distract people from seeing BHO's leadership failures dealing with this global Islamic Jihad.

"Poor Muslim Ambiguously Gay Guy" tried so hard to be accepted in the homo-phobic Islamic world and seeking love in all the wrong places in the US. I wonder if he was a Batchi Batchi boy back in Afghanistan.

BTW. In this article, there are great tips on identifying Gay Guys.... stuff like "You might be Gay if you spend to much time in front of a mirror. Enjoy!

I'm sorry that there are facts involved in this case that contradict your preconceived notions of what you wish to have happened.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Dear MDM:

Home schooling and the catacombs might be one solution. Talking honestly and reasonably and in a civil matter to preserve the public square so that private values can be cultivated is my tactic now. But its probably a losing battle. Two vignettes: a junior boy, academically talented and heading to an Ivy who is also an athlete, posts on his Facebook, a down with gay marriage message. As a result, the all the girls in the junior class band together to denounce the "hater" and to shun him. So much for dialogue! Vignette number two: a Muslim hajiib wearing girl who is a senior is accepted into a Ivy League school with a full scholarship for next year. One of her teachers says to her: "Don't you love this country?" The girl stares at the teacher and says: "No, I despise this country."

Mao

Sounds like everyone is exercising their free speech... Not such a terrible thing...

Though one is inflicting their belief on others...

They all are inflicting their belief on others.

Posted on: 2016/6/15 17:11
Dos A Cero

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 24 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017