Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

Re: CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Ebola treatment for the NBC cameraman has exceeded $500,000, as his insurance won't pay for the treatment.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ebola-p ... ds-500-000-041000284.html

I'll repeat, the freeloader's family should be happy he got hundreds of thousands of dollars in treatment for free, while exposing countless Americans to ebola. Can't imagine if they go through with their lawsuit.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Sure, make them pay for it. Perhaps a few people with a fever will think twice about going to the hospital next time. I can think of a few people I'd like to see bleeding out of their orifices without even thinking outside of the group of geniuses here.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Every illegal immigrant who uses our 'free' (well, you and I pay for it) emergency rooms should have his home country charged for the cost. Or have the cost deducted from the aid we send them.

Well I'm sure this can be discussed with their consulate. While that is being discussed they need to be treated no matter what the cost when it is a danger to the public.

A danger to the public caused by this foreign national's lying.

We may debate whether or not his family should be charged for the hundreds of thousands of dollars in free care.

But we should all agree that his family isn't entitled to a penny. And the race baiter Jesse Jackson has sunk to a new low by calling this man's death "racist," and threatening to sue the hospital.

How is the family paying for Duncan's treatment debatable? There's no legal precedent for it. It would be quite arbitrary to do it this time.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Why should they pay the bill?

Don't you pay for what you use?

And why should we subsidize the healthcare of a foreign national with higher hospital costs because he won't/can't pay?

If we send any aid to Liberia, just reduce it by the amount he owes to the hospital for his care. And the care of anyone else he infected.

The family used the medical services?

Yes, they all were checked and tested and monitored and the residence was quarantined. I can't imagine what the cost was for all that.

Ok, sure. But why should the family pay for Duncan's treatment?

Posted on: 2014/10/13 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Every illegal immigrant who uses our 'free' (well, you and I pay for it) emergency rooms should have his home country charged for the cost. Or have the cost deducted from the aid we send them.

Well I'm sure this can be discussed with their consulate. While that is being discussed they need to be treated no matter what the cost when it is a danger to the public.

We may debate whether or not his family should be charged for the hundreds of thousands of dollars in free care.

But we should all agree that his family isn't entitled to a penny. And the race baiter Jesse Jackson has sunk to a new low by calling this man's death "racist," and threatening to sue the hospital.

Agreed. Ebola has an over 60% fatality rate? While the Hospital was in the wrong for sending home the first, there is no conclusive evidence that they would've been able to do anything.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/13 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/13 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/13 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

And why should we subsidize the healthcare of a foreign national with higher hospital costs because he won't/can't pay?

If we send any aid to Liberia, just reduce it by the amount he owes to the hospital for his care. And the care of anyone else he infected.

Are you serious? This is a virus that can kill swathes of the population. Treating these people as efficiently and as well as possible is a benefit to public safety.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/12 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Yes, they all were checked and tested and monitored and the residence was quarantined. I can't imagine what the cost was for all that.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/12 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/12 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Like I said, he's not an American citizen, he lies in order to get here, he exposes potentially countless numbers of Americans to ebola, he gets hundreds of thousands of $$$ in free treatment, and his despicable family and race baiter Jesse Jackson have the nerve to discuss suing the hospital.

They should make his family pay the entire bill.

Why should his family pay the bill? What liability did they assume?

As for his lying, I understand. When someone is on the verge of death, they may feel like they gotta do what they gotta do.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Like I said, he's not an American citizen, he lies in order to get here, he exposes potentially countless numbers of Americans to ebola, he gets hundreds of thousands of $$$ in free treatment, and his despicable family and race baiter Jesse Jackson have the nerve to discuss suing the hospital.

They should make his family pay the entire bill.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Texas health worker tests POSITIVE for Ebola: Outbreak of deadly virus on U.S. soil as 'heroic person' who treated Thomas Duncan is confirmed to have the fatal virus DESPITE wearing protective gear

By WIRES and JOSH GARDNER FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 04:58 EST, 12 October 2014 | UPDATED: 10:20 EST, 12 October 2014

A female nurse in Texas who treated America's Ebola 'patient zero' became the second person in the country to test positive for the deadly virus.

The nurse from the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital reported a fever on Friday night and was immediately placed in isolation as the emergency room was locked down.

Area officials admitted at a Sunday press conference that the nurse was not a part of the original high risk pool identified after Thomas Eric Duncan's diagnosis in September and was, in fact, wearing protective gloves, gown and mask while treating Duncan.

Full Article Here/Photos

Posted on: 2014/10/12 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So a non-citizen of the USA, who lied about the circumstances of his illness, with no provision to pay for his care, goes to a US hospital and his 'fiancee' enlists Jesse 'Hymietown/Adulterer' Jackson (not to mention father of the jailed Congressman Jackson) to potentially sue the hospital over his care?

WTF, do we live in Oz?

If you think that's unfair / unjust, what about the countless US citizens that take out travel medical insurance and visit Canada only to then make a claim or US citizens that pay to marry a Canadian to access the medical services there for their family - I understand Niagara Falls is a hot spot for such shenanigans!

'Countless'? Please cite a link. And cite a link where a US citizen then goes and sues the Canadian hospital for providing poor care.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So a non-citizen of the USA, who lied about the circumstances of his illness, with no provision to pay for his care, goes to a US hospital and his 'fiancee' enlists Jesse 'Hymietown/Adulterer' Jackson (not to mention father of the jailed Congressman Jackson) to potentially sue the hospital over his care?

WTF, do we live in Oz?

If you think that's unfair / unjust, what about the countless US citizens that take out travel medical insurance and visit Canada only to then make a claim or US citizens that pay to marry a Canadian to access the medical services there for their family - I understand Niagara Falls is a hot spot for such shenanigans!

So what are you saying? Other countries should not treat US citizens and let the US helicopter them out without treatment? Cancel all reciprocal healthcare arrangements?

Posted on: 2014/10/11 23:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

WTF, do we live in Oz?

Posted on: 2014/10/11 22:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

WTF, do we live in Oz?

Posted on: 2014/10/11 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:
You know that they call these kind of lawsuits the "ghetto lottery."

Given the circumstances, I think this is an extremely insensitive remark.

Duncan's temperature rose to 103-degrees while he was at the hospital. He admitted to a series of several alarming symptoms for an adult of his age. He also admitted he had traveled to Africa at the hospital.

It's not like Ebola wasn't on the radar. The hospital dropped the ball on this case and they should be held accountable.

Whether this was an "uninsured" vs. "he's got insurance" argument is another matter entirely.

As someone who has held the role of patient advocate for two critically ill relatives, I can tell you this is a lesson to remember.

If you're not happy with one hospital's opinion, get out and get another one. You are not required to return home and suffer if your gut is telling you something is seriously wrong. I'm not a highly educated person by any means, but I do know how to use my mouth and trust my gut when I need to. At one point, I removed my family member from one hospital (against doctor's orders) and found him a new provider. So glad I did - my gut was absolutely right and my loved one got the right care he so desperately needed.

While I sympathize with you, and it is unfortunate he died, think of your circumstances vs his. (Also, I misused the ghetto lottery phrase, as it is not applicable here).

He wasn't an American citizen. He lied in the airport in order to get on the flight and come here. He had no insurance and received hundreds of thousands of dollars in free treatment. He also received the last experimental ebola vaccine in the country. Despite all this FREE care, his family has the nerve to threaten a lawsuit, and drain our resources even more.

What if he remained in Africa like he should have if he was truthful? Do you think he'd get much better care there? Are you in favor of more non-American citizens illegally coming here solely for free medical care? Also note that ebola has a high death rate, even if the hospital didn't mess up like you say.

Yes, hospitals drop the ball all the time but frankly I have very little sympathy for this man's family. To turn around and sue the country that bent over backwards for you, when you have no right to be here, is shockingly appalling.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
You know that they call these kind of lawsuits the "ghetto lottery."

Given the circumstances, I think this is an extremely insensitive remark.

Duncan's temperature rose to 103-degrees while he was at the hospital. He admitted to a series of several alarming symptoms for an adult of his age. He also admitted he had traveled to Africa at the hospital.

It's not like Ebola wasn't on the radar. The hospital dropped the ball on this case and they should be held accountable.

Whether this was an "uninsured" vs. "he's got insurance" argument is another matter entirely.

As someone who has held the role of patient advocate for two critically ill relatives, I can tell you this is a lesson to remember.

If you're not happy with one hospital's opinion, get out and get another one. You are not required to return home and suffer if your gut is telling you something is seriously wrong. I'm not a highly educated person by any means, but I do know how to use my mouth and trust my gut when I need to. At one point, I removed my family member from one hospital (against doctor's orders) and found him a new provider. So glad I did - my gut was absolutely right and my loved one got the right care he so desperately needed.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
He's a solution to the next billions being spent on the 'incursion' happening in Syria and Iraq - Why don't we send a handful of ebola patients their way ... its cheaper and will do as much damage as our bombs !

Posted on: 2014/10/11 2:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Noted race baiter Jesse Jackson claimed that racism was responsible for this ebola patient's death. "Why is the black Ebola patient the only one to die??

Never mind the fact that flights from Western Africa should be banned and this loser is lucky he made it to America and didn't infect anyone else. That's not enough for a race baiter like Jackson.

Now the dead patient's family has retained Jackson and are considering legal action. Simply unbelievable.

http://downtrend.com/admin/jesse-jack ... ient-the-only-one-to-die/

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style ... ry-care-article-1.1968702

Is he suing Obamacare because he didn't have insurance and went to the emergency room?

You know that they call these kind of lawsuits the "ghetto lottery." They'll probably sue everyone under the sun in an attempt to cash in, fairness, society, and other people be damned!

Hopefully he gets countersued by the hospital for lying his way into America in the first place, so his family has to repay the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on his treatment. Not to mention, potentially exposing Americans to ebola.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Noted race baiter Jesse Jackson claimed that racism was responsible for this ebola patient's death. "Why is the black Ebola patient the only one to die??

Never mind the fact that flights from Western Africa should be banned and this loser is lucky he made it to America and didn't infect anyone else. That's not enough for a race baiter like Jackson.

Now the dead patient's family has retained Jackson and are considering legal action. Simply unbelievable.

Is he suing Obamacare because he didn't have insurance and went to the emergency room?

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are news reports at 11:15am this morning that Thomas Duncan has died in Dallas due to Ebola.

Posted on: 2014/10/8 15:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/4 2:25
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
A NJ boy suddenly died from the Enterovirus, which the Washington Post says is sweeping the country.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mo ... hich-is-sweeping-country/

Posted on: 2014/10/7 14:21

CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
First confirmed case of Ebola confirmed in the United States: CDC

The United States now has one confirmed case of Ebola, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday, marking the first domestic appearance of the deadly virus that has ravaged swaths of continental Africa.

The as-yet unidentified patient is located in Dallas, officials say, effectively confirming a statement issued on Monday by Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. The organization said that an unnamed patient was being tested for Ebola and had been placed in "strict isolation" due to the patient's symptoms and recent travel history.

In a press conference, CDC Director Tom Frieden said the patient in question had been traveling in Liberia, where he may have contracted the disease. He returned to the United States on the 20th of September, after which he sought care.

Frieden attempted to assuage concerns about Ebola's contagious effect, saying that the virus was only spread through direct contact, and was not airborne. He vowed that officials would contain a potential spread.

"It is certainly possible that someone who had contact with this individual...could develop Ebola in the coming weeks," Frieden said, but added that "there is no doubt in my mind that we will stop it here," Frieden said.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055

Posted on: 2014/9/30 22:58

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017