Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: NYC crackdown on noise -- Jersey City's new ordinance goes into effect July 17
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
does this mean i can give a citizen summons to the ass who sits infront of my house in his tricked out honda while his bass shakes my insides, because thats the type of ordinance that the heights needs.

Posted on: 2007/7/10 16:02

Healy signs law to curb drugs & violence at the Sand bar and other bars -- Peter Mocco not happy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Monday - The night the loud music dies

Tuesday, July 10, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Blaring late night music at Jersey City's Sand Bar Cafe will end Monday now that Mayor Jerramiah Healy has signed a law aimed at curbing drugs and violence at that bar and others.

The Sand Bar and its liquor, parking and entertainment licenses are in the name of Lorraine Mocco, the wife of Downtown Jersey City developer Peter Mocco, the former North Bergen mayor. Peter Mocco said the ordinance is a mistake.

"I'm sorry the town has opted to act without getting all the facts and working out a solution that does the least amount of negative, and all the positives," said Peter Mocco.

Mocco said neither Fulop, the ordinance's author, nor Healy, contacted him before passage of the ordinance. He said he understands that noise levels must be addressed now that the area around the Marin Boulevard club has been developed.

"The needs of the many will always outweigh the needs of the few," city spokesman Stan Eason said in response to Mocco's complaint.

The club has been the site of numerous violent and drug-related incidents, and neighbors complain of the noise.

The ordinance reads, "outdoor entertainment . shall cease promptly at 11 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday and 12 midnight on Friday and Saturday."

Currently, the club blasts music until closing time, 3 a.m. on weekends and later on some holidays. That includes indoor music, which can also be heard outside. The new law goes into effect next Tuesday, meaning Saturday and Sunday would be the last nights of blaring late-night music there and at other city bars.

The Sand Bar, which features nine indoor and outdoor bars, attracts more than 2,000 people on a weekend night. About 20 bouncers and seven off-duty police officers, in uniform, work security at the club.

Asked if a music curfew would cause a decrease in violence and drugs at the Sand Bar, Healy said: "I think if you exclude one, you are going to curtail some of the attendant problems that go hand and hand. The police seem to be responding more than they should."

Three weeks ago, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio wrote to Healy, Fulop, Police Chief Tom Comey and Corporation Counsel Bill Matsikoudis telling them of his concerns about the Sand Bar.

"When they have the entertainment late at night . it attracts a different clientele, which is more prone to violence and drug abuse - younger people," DeFazio said yesterday.

Mocco would not comment on club operations. He said he will obey the ordinance and believes it will not hurt business.

Posted on: 2007/7/10 15:26

Re: NYC crackdown on noise -- Jersey City's new ordinance goes into effect July 17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/7/16 15:05
Group:
Registered Users
i agree with the sirens. i live in mcginley square and its absolutely horrible. i've even seen the ambulances blaring sirens then park casually on montgomery to go to subway or chicken delight or burger king!

Posted on: 2007/7/9 18:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
this is lame.

Posted on: 2007/7/7 16:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
i dunno...seems like the ambulances and police sirens are far and away the loudest noise-makers in my area (VVP). i heard yesterday that Hoboken has started to enforce a regulation prohibiting ambulances from using their sirens within 2 blocks of a hospital--seems like a great idea to me (barring emergencies, naturally. my gut tells me that most of the time these sirens are used w/o immediate need but for the driver's convenience).

Posted on: 2007/7/7 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Let JC be a borough of NY - JC seems to follow their lead everytime. Residents in JC have complained about noise issues for years and only when NY addresses the issue do we tag along.

Posted on: 2007/7/7 11:33
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

NYC crackdown on noise -- Jersey City's new ordinance goes into effect July 17
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
NYC crackdown on noise, too
Saturday, July 07, 2007

Jersey City and the Big Apple are both trying to put a muzzle on noisy clubs - and other disturbers of the peace.

Under a New York City code enacted July 1, a bar or club can be ticketed if music is "plainly audible" to a police officer or enforcement agent 15 feet outside the establishment. The fine for a first offense is $3,200 to $8,000. The fine can be waived if a bar or club submits a plan to muffle the noise.

Authorities issued more than three dozen summonses - including at least one to a Mr. Softee ice cream truck driver - in the first five days of new city noise rules, a newspaper reported yesterday.

Jersey City's new ordinance - which goes into effect July 17 - gives the city's Police Department director the power to suspend the license of club operators who play music beyond 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and midnight Fridays and Saturdays, that can be heard beyond the walls of the club.

MICHAELANGELO CONT

Posted on: 2007/7/7 10:59

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017