Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 50

jc_eats, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Rich Boggiano JSQ/Ward C City Council
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Rich's job isn't to represent anti-Fulop sentiment in the city. His job is to work for Journal Square. I gave him a chance 4 years ago and my faith was misplaced. He listens more to Council meeting gadflies than his constituents. Is Journal Square better off than it was 4 years ago? If so, how?

Posted on: 11/3 21:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Why is your dad's campaign littering my neighborhood with illegal campaign info on telephone poles? Rich doesn't work with anyone to make Journal Square better. The council will probably look the same! What does his grandstanding get Journal Square residents? Neglect!

Posted on: 11/3 21:22
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
This is his daughter posting from his account this evening.

With 7 rubber stamps out of 9 council members, you can imagine why it's hard to push through legislation. Fulop was in the same position when he was first elected. Knowing that, my father's been a voice for transparency on the council in a "loyal opposition" kind of way while working on everyday issues like traffic, development, and very basic good government kind of stuff that Jersey City has traditionally struggled with.

Put another way, the city won't be a better place if Fulop were re-elected controlling 9 of 9 rubber stamps who do as they're told.

Posted on: 11/3 21:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I voted for him twice. His opponent lived in Florida. I find his constant grandstanding and lack of accomplishments disturbing. But of course he considered running for mayor, because why not?

Posted on: 11/3 21:11
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Here's the deal...

Boggiano loves Jersey City but I struggle sometime to point at initiatives and accomplishments in his first term. I don't want someone who's mostly know for voting no at council and complaining about the mayor. I want someone that will make Journal Square better. Someone with vision. Don't just wait for things to happen. Make them happen Boggiano, and take credit for it.

Get the long promised supermarket to Journal Square, along with other amenities that will improve the neighborhood, then you'll have my vote.

I've seen definite improvement in that area. Keep building on that.

Posted on: 11/3 21:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Tell your dad to stop illegally posting campaign signs on telephone poles

Posted on: 11/3 21:03
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
In support of my dad, Rich Bogginao, for Ward C

I am writing to ask for your support for my father, Richard Boggiano, for Ward C Councilman in the upcoming election on November 7.

Many people have asked why my father is running for re-election in Ward C. The short answer is - he loves Jersey City. It really is as simple as that. My father loves the city that he has lived in for over 40 years. He loves the city that he raised a family in. And he loves the city that he established his career as a Police Officer in.

Even after 4 years as a councilman, my father does not consider himself to be a politician and the reality is, he's not - at least not in your typical sense. Those who have met him often comment on how real he is. He tells you exactly what he thinks at all times, without all the smooth talking and pretense we have come to expect with politicians.

This realness - paired with his love for Jersey City - is why my father is a great councilman. Over the past 4 years, he has spoken out about anything he felt wasn't in the best interest of the residents of Jersey city. He has fought to provide checks and balances on a city council that residents have come to expect serve mainly the mayor's interests and not those of the people of Jersey city. He has fought for the everyday, quality of life issues that often get ignored as development continues to expand in our city. My father has truly become a voice for the residents of Jersey City.

As I look to start my own family in Jersey City, I am grateful that we have someone like my father on our city council looking out for our best interests and fighting to ensure that our voices are heard.

On November 7th, I proudly ask you to vote 5C for Jersey City's Independent Voice, Richard Boggiano, for Ward C Councilman.

Katrina Boggiano, Jersey City

Link to letter (4th one down): http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... board_candidates_pro.html

Posted on: 11/3 20:43
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 10/30 21:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Well, Rich makes a big deal about being old school and chivalrous. John H. says nice things about Rich.

Resized Image

Posted on: 10/30 20:36
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
City Hall Annex costing taxpayers letter by Mia Scanga

Excerpt

I downloaded that meeting from YouTube. As expected, it passed 7 to 2 with only Councilman Yun and Boggiano using their heads. This Council has way too many rubber stamps!

Full letter here: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ates_issues_election.html

Posted on: 10/30 20:26
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
That's from Fortune Cookie 23:14-16 I think

Posted on: 10/28 14:31
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Why would Nandwani lie?

That is a good question, why would she tell McDonald that she would have to pay a fine. This little pearl came from the Bible: If you are not honest in little things then you will not be honest in big things.

Posted on: 10/28 14:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Well, Rich makes a big deal about being old school and chivalrous. John H. says nice things about Rich.

Posted on: 10/28 12:50
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And how would Hillary Obama answer that question?

Gee - How would Bob Dole or Michael Dukakis answer that question? Who TF cares? This automatic Hillary deflection is ridiculous. She was a horrible candidate. She lost. As have many other people before her, who also aren't the President. Your boy is making a supreme mess of things - it ain't Hillary who couldn't marshall the troops to do the one thing they said they'd do (repeal the ACA). Hillary hasn't failed to build a wall and get the Mexicans to pay for it. Hillary hasn't behaved like a twelve y/o girl posing as a circus peanut petulantly tweeting away all day - and more to the point, who cares if she was? She's just a washed up politician who has as much influence in what is happening in Washington as you do.

I was responding to someone else earlier lame attempt to connect a city council candidate to Trump. You really need to lighten up. I was not defending Trump, just challenging a smear.

So - it was just a stupid thing to say, unrelated to the topic at hand then? Because whoever "Hillary Obama" is, I'm pretty sure she doesn't live in ward C or have much to do with the race for city council there.

And neither does Trump need to be mentioned.

The poster I challenged was attempting to link Trump to the candidate with the snarky comment. BTW Boggiano's answer to the question was fine. Why would anyone running for office say that the opposition is capable of representing their constituents?

Trump never did and certainly Hillary/Obama never did. That was my point.

Posted on: 10/28 12:41
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
It's my fault, really. Don't blame Big Guy. The Jersey Journal said that Rich was a Democrat, but there's just no way that's true.

Posted on: 10/28 12:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Gee - How would Bob Dole or Michael Dukakis answer that question? Who TF cares? This automatic Hillary deflection is ridiculous. She was a horrible candidate. She lost. As have many other people before her, who also aren't the President. Your boy is making a supreme mess of things - it ain't Hillary who couldn't marshall the troops to do the one thing they said they'd do (repeal the ACA). Hillary hasn't failed to build a wall and get the Mexicans to pay for it. Hillary hasn't behaved like a twelve y/o girl posing as a circus peanut petulantly tweeting away all day - and more to the point, who cares if she was? She's just a washed up politician who has as much influence in what is happening in Washington as you do.

I was responding to someone else earlier lame attempt to connect a city council candidate to Trump. You really need to lighten up. I was not defending Trump, just challenging a smear.

So - it was just a stupid thing to say, unrelated to the topic at hand then? Because whoever "Hillary Obama" is, I'm pretty sure she doesn't live in ward C or have much to do with the race for city council there.

Posted on: 10/28 12:16
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Is Rich supporting Murphy?

Posted on: 10/28 12:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
So Rich voted for Hillary?

Posted on: 10/28 12:13
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Posted on: 10/28 12:11
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I don't think Rich Boggiano really posts here

Posted on: 10/28 12:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Posted on: 10/28 12:01
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Rich,

Name one thing you'd work with Mayor Fulop on in a 2nd term!

Posted on: 10/28 12:00
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Rich, name your proudest accomplishment on the City Council.

Do you have any accomplishments?

Posted on: 10/28 11:54
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Asked if he thought his opponents would also fight for residents, he said, "Nope."

Sure, Rich. Only you! Like your pal President Trump.

Posted on: 10/28 11:51
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Asked if he thought his opponents would also fight for residents, he said, "Nope."

Sure, Rich. Only you! Like your pal President Trump.

Posted on: 10/28 11:16
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Ward C council hopefuls, in their own words By Terrence T. McDonald

The Jersey Journal sat down with [Ward C Candidates] to discuss issues facing the ward and Jersey City. Here are their remarks. The interviews have been edited and condensed for clarity.

With all the new development coming to Journal Square, what measures do you see yourself introducing or supporting to keep Ward C affordable for longtime residents and seniors?

Boggiano: Yesterday, in fact, I just spoke to one of the major developers and I asked him if possible, if they don't accept any funds, to please (do so), even if they do, I want to see some affordable housing for the people of Jersey City.

The Jersey Journal: So the idea is to pressure or convince developers to build?

Boggiano: Convince them. We have to take care of the people in this city. People need a place to live. Two of my neighbors just moved out. Too unaffordable, they couldn't afford the education, the taxes. They're leaving.

---

Do you think the city should stop awarding long-term abatements in Journal Square? If not, what would the developer have to give to the city to be awarded one?

Boggiano: I think the maximum if they give us everything back in the neighborhood, give us some higher quality stores, etc. -- I say 20 years is the maximum. I wish they'd go for 15 or 10 but I doubt that's going to happen.

Full article: http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ncil_hopefuls_in_the.html

Posted on: 10/28 11:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Why would Nandwani lie?

Posted on: 10/27 16:12
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:

When The Jersey Journal first asked to talk to Hanussak about his candidacy, he said Fulop's campaign told him he could not be interviewed. This reporter mentioned that to Fulop, who said his campaign had no objections to the interview. Hanussak subsequently agreed to meet with The Jersey Journal.

Asked during that interview how voters could trust he would vote in their best interests if he needed Fulop's express permission to be interviewed by a reporter, Hanussak struggled to answer.

After a 10-second pause, he said, "How the heck do I answer that?" After another 10 seconds, he said, "It's a lot ... " before trailing off.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ber_stamp_reputation.html

This is hilarious! Pure gold!

So you are OK with Reka saying she did not file her state papers due to her skin color and the fact that her supporters would be harassed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFiG-q8Dqrk

Of course not. She's obviously a liar hiding behind the race card. No one with a brain believes that excuse.

Posted on: 10/27 16:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I'd urge Ward C voters to find a positive voice who can help usher Journal Square into the future, not the distant past.

In 2013 Boggiano received 1,686 votes to Lopez's 1,332 votes. Lopez had moved from Healy's team to Fulop's. Lopez allegedly spent most of her time in Florida.

Journal Square can do much better. We've gave Rich a chance. What does we have to show for it?

Posted on: 10/27 15:47
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Four vie for Journal Square council seat amid real estate boom by Terrence McDonald

Rich Boggiano, who lives on Magnolia Avenue, is known as the occasionally grumpy, self-described straight shooter who is often attacking Fulop’s major initiatives (Boggiano defeated Fulop’s Ward C candidate in 2013).

Boggiano runs hot and cold on real-estate development in Ward C, cheering when developers build on long-dormant lots like the old pasta factory on Baldwin Avenue but booing when high-density housing is proposed for neighborhoods of one- and two-family homes.

He told The Jersey Journal he hopes the new Journal Square high-rises bring higher quality businesses to the area.

There are no affordable units planned for the new Journal Square towers (the area's redevelopment plan does not require affordable housing). Asked what legislation he would sponsor to make rents in the area manageable for less affluent residents, Boggiano did not suggest any resolutions or ordinances but instead said he would try to convince developers to construct units and set them aside as affordable housing.

“I just spoke to one of the major developers and I asked him, if possible, if they don’t accept any funds to please, and even if they do, I want to see some affordable housing for the people of Jersey City,” he said.

Boggiano has been labeled an obstructionist by the mayor's allies. He said he sees himself as a "fighter" for residents.

"If I don’t like something I go after them," he said.

Full article here: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... i.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 10/27 15:27
Print Top

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017