Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Mathew's food & drink
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
I'd say it's one of the more expensive restaurants of JC.

Posted on: 2016/10/18 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

A group of us visited Matthew's the day after it had opened to the public. Honestly, they did a great job. The space is very nice, with an interesting layout and a warm, inviting ambiance. The bar area is very nice, as well. The drinks (tried two different cocktails) were good, and similar to Dullboy in quality and presentation, but not quite as good. The cocktails were priced at $13, which is a dollar higher than Dullboy. I did not try their beers. The food itself was also very good: I ordered a burger, which was perfectly cooked to the requested temperature. I also got to try my friend's lamb dish, and some of my other friend's bucatini with rock shrimp. They were both excellent. Overall, a very good first impression. I will be back, for sure. In fact, some of the people in our group have already gone back and reported that things were as good as our first visit.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds good. Were food prices reasonable?

Posted on: 2016/10/18 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Has anyone been to Mathew's yet (old La Conguita)? What's it like? Prices?

A group of us visited Matthew's the day after it had opened to the public. Honestly, they did a great job. The space is very nice, with an interesting layout and a warm, inviting ambiance. The bar area is very nice, as well. The drinks (tried two different cocktails) were good, and similar to Dullboy in quality and presentation, but not quite as good. The cocktails were priced at $13, which is a dollar higher than Dullboy. I did not try their beers. The food itself was also very good: I ordered a burger, which was perfectly cooked to the requested temperature. I also got to try my friend's lamb dish, and some of my other friend's bucatini with rock shrimp. They were both excellent. Overall, a very good first impression. I will be back, for sure. In fact, some of the people in our group have already gone back and reported that things were as good as our first visit.

Posted on: 2016/10/18 13:10

Mathew's food & drink
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone been to Mathew's yet (old La Conguita)? What's it like? Prices?

Posted on: 2016/10/18 12:07

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017