Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: He lost on red light cameras, now Whizzy wants to nail you for drinking coffee in your car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
At some point government makes so many laws we all become criminals.

This bill reminds me of the law now requiring pets be in carrier when in the car. I had to break that one repeatedly. My cat would panic if in a carrier. Out of the carrier, she slept soundly in the passenger seat foot well on a cushion.

Are both the laws really necessary? Do we have large numbers of drivers hurtling off embankments, exploding into great balls of carnage, and fire all because they took a sip of coffee?

Personally, I see this as an extension of the nanny state mentality that permeates so much of this area. People getting ticketed for animal cruelty because a dog (or, cat) is not "secured" or "restrained" is so dumb... any dog owner can tell you that few things make a dog happier than sticking his nose out an open window. It strikes me as more cruel to have a dog caged in a car, unable to see or understand what is happening outside. As MDM points, some cats will downright FREAK OUT if kept in a carrier or crate while in a moving car, but will sleep peacefully if left out unrestrained.

Posted on: 2016/8/8 16:14

Re: He lost on red light cameras, now Whizzy wants to nail you for drinking coffee in your car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
At some point government makes so many laws we all become criminals.

This bill reminds me of the law now requiring pets be in carrier when in the car. I had to break that one repeatedly. My cat would panic if in a carrier. Out of the carrier, she slept soundly in the passenger seat foot well on a cushion.

Are both the laws really necessary? Do we have large numbers of drivers hurtling off embankments, exploding into great balls of carnage, and fire all because they took a sip of coffee?

Posted on: 2016/8/8 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Other than talking about Whizzy and Whiney (Wisniewski and Loretta Weinberg) I don't recall using other nicknames, although I may have referred to Sweeney as the GED Senate leader once or twice!

Posted on: 2016/8/6 12:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
An amusing thing about Monroe is that ever since he joined the board a couple of years ago, he has used all these odd nicknames for politicians and celebrities, wizzy, wally, whiney, moany. But so far as I can tell, nobody has the slightest idea who he is talking about.

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/8/6 9:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
What's that have to do with drinking coffee or taking a sip of water?

I wouldn't want to share the road with a thirsty, hungry truck driver who hasn't had a smoke break for a few hours...
http://www.drivinghydration.co.uk/flip-book/

Posted on: 2016/8/6 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, NJ has existing laws for texting and using a cell phone.

(And I'd love to see strict enforcement of cell phone ticketing).

To drive a car with safety, you need two hands (or with a special device for those with a disability). Your eyes are taken off the road when picking up your cup and placing it down, not to mention you could spill it on your lap for those who are clumsy. I don't want any member of my family or friends being killed or injured by some dumb ass more focused on a stupid coffee then the road.

I hope they introduce every or any law associated with safer driving and book every dumb ass who thinks being distracted from driving is ok - if it only saves 1 life.

Posted on: 2016/8/5 23:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, NJ has existing laws for texting and using a cell phone.

(And I'd love to see strict enforcement of cell phone ticketing).

Posted on: 2016/8/5 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Distracted Drivers:

http://www.cdc.gov/Motorvehiclesafety ... racted_Driving/index.html

State Government:

Many states are enacting laws?such as banning texting while driving, or using graduated driver licensing systems for teen drivers?to help raise awareness about the dangers of distracted driving and to keep it from occurring. However, the effectiveness of cell phone and texting laws on decreasing distracted driving-related crashes requires further study. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety keeps track of such laws.8

Federal government

On September 30, 2009, President Obama issued an executive order prohibiting federal employees from texting while driving on government business or with government equipment.9
On September 17, 2010, the Federal Railroad Administration banned cell phone and electronic device use of employees on the job.10
On October 27, 2010, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration enacted a ban that prohibits commercial vehicle drivers from texting while driving.11
In 2011, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration banned all hand-held cell phone use by commercial drivers and drivers carrying hazardous materials.12

http://www.cdc.gov/Features/dsDistractedDriving/index.html

If you want to drink, eat, text, make a call then don't drive - You'll note that bus drivers and any public transport operator isn't allowed to do any of the said activities while in control of a vehicle

Posted on: 2016/8/5 23:03
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Is there no end to this idiocy?

http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2 ... iver_mobileshort_home_pop

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/8/5 20:20

He lost on red light cameras, now Whizzy wants to nail you for drinking coffee in your car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/5 17:24

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: