Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: I hate vinyl siding! Altenatives?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
I need to re-side two properties in the not too distant future. Both buildings are wood frame. Two options I have been looking at:

Fiber cement siding:
Hardiplank
Nichiha

Mechanically Fasted Masonry
M-rock
Art

I like the concept of the masonry, but some of what I have seen looks VERY fake / low quality.

Just curious if anyone here has had experience with residing a property with something different. Just looking for ideas, products, etc...

These two properties of mine look crappy from the outside (interiors are all renovated). So I really want them to look good visually at some point.

I had a house built in Texas almost 17 years ago, and the builder used Hardiplank for the siding. It has held up INCREDIBLY WELL. I have to say that I am very impressed with its condition after all these years. Since 2000, it has not needed any sort of work or maintenance, and the paint has held up very well without fading, this despite the crazy Texas weather. It also has the advantage of remaining fairly cool during hot Summers (concrete!) but I am not sure how it would perform during Winters in terms of heating costs.

Posted on: 2016/4/24 18:49

I hate vinyl siding! Altenatives?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I need to re-side two properties in the not too distant future. Both buildings are wood frame. Two options I have been looking at:

Fiber cement siding:
Hardiplank
Nichiha

Mechanically Fasted Masonry
M-rock
Art

I like the concept of the masonry, but some of what I have seen looks VERY fake / low quality.

Just curious if anyone here has had experience with residing a property with something different. Just looking for ideas, products, etc...

These two properties of mine look crappy from the outside (interiors are all renovated). So I really want them to look good visually at some point.

Posted on: 2016/4/24 14:09

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017