Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: PATH is down again today!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Silly children. You post in a Jersey City forum, and have no understanding how politics work in Hudson County and NYC and the Port Authority? The PA had agreed, pre Christie, to build the Freedom Tower-he was smart enough to ask for a quid pro quo. Where the F do you think the Pulaski Skyway leads to, anyway? Be happy it's only costing us half it would without the PA money. Otherwise, you're just another self hating NJ taxpayer who likes getting screwed by NY.

What did Corzine, McGreevey, Florio due to repair/upgrade mass transit infrastructure-but a once in a million year perfect storm hits NJ, and it's Christie's fault?

Christie is to blame for the PATH execs since they are essentially only accountable to him and he clearly doesn't care. So they don't care. And yes I blame Cuomo too.

That said, the Pulaski Skyway stuff is just inane Christie bashing perpetuated by people who have an ax to grind with him.

Any NJ taxpayer should be thrilled with the amount of money this is saving us. Christie scored a huge win here. There's literally no reason to be upset unless you are simply looking to further grind your ax against him. That or you don't pay taxes anyway in which case your opinion is irrelevant.

Posted on: 2014/9/25 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Silly children. You post in a Jersey City forum, and have no understanding how politics work in Hudson County and NYC and the Port Authority? The PA had agreed, pre Christie, to build the Freedom Tower-he was smart enough to ask for a quid pro quo. Where the F do you think the Pulaski Skyway leads to, anyway? Be happy it's only costing us half it would without the PA money. Otherwise, you're just another self hating NJ taxpayer who likes getting screwed by NY.

What did Corzine, McGreevey, Florio due to repair/upgrade mass transit infrastructure-but a once in a million year perfect storm hits NJ, and it's Christie's fault?

Posted on: 2014/9/25 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Cuomo and Christe get equal appointments on the PA, right down the middle-and it's been that way since the PA began. Cuomo agreed to the Pulaski Skyway deal, it's the standard quid pro quo with dollars allocated to infrastructure-and the Skyway is just as much part of the PA bailiwick as an office tower in the Financial District. If we hadn't gotten that Pulaski Skyway money it would've been just another 'NY to NJ-bend over screwjob'. Think of it as NY paying half the cost of repairing a NJ bridge. It's a good thing, as another NJ resident could've have said.

This is complete crap. No, The Skyway IS NOT "just as much part of the PA bailiwick as an office tower in the Financial District." The former is part of the NJ highway system, the latter (though why should be debated) is owned and operated by the PA. PA funds delivered to the Skyway as part of slimy deals between the governors does not make it legal or right, those funds rightfully should have been appropriated to PA resources, like the PATH system. The net effect of this deal was to tax ports, airports, and trans Hudson commuters to pay for NJ roads so Christie could avoid tarnishing his GOP cred by raising taxes to pay for road repair. Slinging mud at Cuomo is neither here nor there.

Posted on: 2014/9/25 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
LOL OK.

So it happened for decades, so it's justified?

Except that's bullcrap.

The PATH fare has been more than doubled in a four year period previously?

The PATH has been shut down for days at a time previously- aside from Sandy and 9/11?

Your spin machine for Christie fails to realize he has presides over multiple mass transit debacles. The Super Bowl. The ARC tunnel. The PATH.

Infrastructure and education are the small government aspects of the Christie administration. Political patronage is rampant. If Christie was an agent of change, the PA would change. He doubled down- even if you don't think he had anything to with Bridgegate, he appointed the primary actor to a made up position. No one put a gun to his head to do that. That wasn't Cuomo.

Posted on: 2014/9/25 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
How many NJ residents use the PATH versus NY residents?

And Cuomo didn't appoint Samson and Wildstein to the board, nor make up a position for the latter and then claim to not know him and then claim he was criticized by a high school social studies teacher.

Cuomo didn't direct PA funds allocated for NY to road projects.

If Christie doesn't want to be blamed for the PA missteps, maybe he shouldn't have redirected its funds and appointed his cronies to its management.

You can blame both for the fare hikes- yet another Christie "small government tax increase" for the middle class.

Cuomo and Christe get equal appointments on the PA, right down the middle-and it's been that way since the PA began. Cuomo agreed to the Pulaski Skyway deal, it's the standard quid pro quo with dollars allocated to infrastructure-and the Skyway is just as much part of the PA bailiwick as an office tower in the Financial District. If we hadn't gotten that Pulaski Skyway money it would've been just another 'NY to NJ-bend over screwjob'. Think of it as NY paying half the cost of repairing a NJ bridge. It's a good thing, as another NJ resident could've have said.

You don't get out much if you think that this is anything but standard operating procedure for decades-and the ultimate beneficiaries usually are the Democratic unions that get the plum construction jobs at 'prevailing' wages along with the PA police union and the cushy office pensions. Oh, and the law firms-I'm sure that the NY Democrat law firms benefit as much as NJ Republican law firms do.

Like Ray Lesniak's personal law firm and Fulop directing Jersey City money his way.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
How many NJ residents use the PATH versus NY residents?

And Cuomo didn't appoint Samson and Wildstein to the board, nor make up a position for the latter and then claim to not know him and then claim he was criticized by a high school social studies teacher.

Cuomo didn't direct PA funds allocated for NY to road projects.

If Christie doesn't want to be blamed for the PA missteps, maybe he shouldn't have redirected its funds and appointed his cronies to its management.

You can blame both for the fare hikes- yet another Christie "small government tax increase" for the middle class.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I was commiserating with a fellow JC resident at work yesterday, and one of our coworkers walked by. She said, "wait, what's PATH?". This from a girl who has lived in Manhattan all her life.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
ianmac47, you are spot on. and still nothing from christie!

Posted on: 2014/9/24 15:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
You all know about the Oct 1st rate hike on Path right?

I doubt this is the last one.

"Beginning Oct 1 at 3 a.m., a single PATH ride will rise to $2.75 and a two-trip ticket will be $5.50. Multi-ride tickets will be offered at a discount, including a 10-trip ticket for $21; a 20-trip ticket for $42; and a 40-trip ticket for $84; or a seven-day unlimited ticket for $29 and a 30-day unlimited ticket for $89.

In 2011, the bi-state agency announced that a single PATH fare would increase from $1.75 to $2.75 at a rate of 25 cents per year."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... tober_port_authority.html

Posted on: 2014/9/24 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
At least Fulop is speaking up and taking on the PA. Christie the Hutt is missing in action.

The fire that caused the problem happened in NYC. Where's your Cuomo critique?

You are grossly over estimating how much Cuomo's constituents care about the PATH.

Did New York City stop functioning because the PATH went down? Did most New Yorkers even notice? Does the average New York resident even know what the PATH is, or even that it exists?

The PATH shutdown created a major crisis for Jersey City, Hoboken and NJTransit commuters who rely on the PATH, amounting to the disruption of thousands of New Jersey residents' lives. The disruption of the lives of a few dozen people who commute from New York to Hoboken is not something that appears on the radar of a governor. It probably doesn't even rate for the mayor of New York. The point is, as much as you want to point fingers at Cuomo, he doesn't give a shit. Nor do his constituents.

If the PATH shut down indefinitely, life in New York City would go on uninterrupted. We know this because it has already happened after Sandy. Expecting Cuomo to care even a fraction as much as Christie should care is like expecting Santa Claus to deliver Easter eggs.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
If a pigeon shit on a transformer and started a fire that shut down the PATH some would find a way to blame Christie and at the same time give his Democrat counterpart Cuomo a pass.

Cuomo isn't really a Democrat.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Last night I sent an email to Pat Foye, the exec. director of the PA. Here's what I got back. It's obviously written by some PR hack...but I was surprised they responded at all:

Mr. xxxxxx on behalf of PATH, I apologize for letting down you and tens of thousands of other customers the past two days.

We want and value your business. Here's what happened. Around 3:30pm on Sunday there was a fire on the Uptown line. No injuries to passengers or staff but any fire on a railroad is a serious matter. In trying to restore service on Sunday, there was a second fire (which FDNY and PATH anticipated and responded immediately) when the Uptown line was re-energized. Again, thankfully, no injuries.

While PATH's communication was not ideal, PATH issued six separate press releases and a multitude of social media updates since Sunday evening. I've asked Steve Kingsberry, Director of PATH to review PATH communications and to do better next time.

An update: without guaranteeing it, I believe that it is highly likely that PATH service to and from 33rd Street will operate tomorrow morning. We'll announce that as soon as we possibly can.

Finally, hundreds of PATH people worked starting at the time of the fire to stabilize the system, assess damage and push to restore service. I thank each of them for their work.

Please forgive the inconvenience of the past two days.

Pat

Posted on: 2014/9/24 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
What will Fulop's solution to the PA and PATH be once he becomes Governor?

He'll appoint Ray Lesniak as our representative and/or McGreevey!

Posted on: 2014/9/24 11:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
What will Fulop's solution to the PA and PATH be once he becomes Governor?

Posted on: 2014/9/24 11:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
As of about 6am this morning the path trains are operating on a normal schedule.

9/24/2014 6:03:15 AM
Concerning the earlier track condition, service on the HOB-33 line and JSQ-33 line has resumed.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 10:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
At least Fulop is speaking up and taking on the PA. Christie the Hutt is missing in action.

The fire that caused the problem happened in NYC. Where's your Cuomo critique?

Posted on: 2014/9/24 10:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mesacowgirl wrote:

At JSQ this morning they were telling me that MTA was honoring path cards at the World Trade Center E train. That wasn't the case. Having NJ Transit cross honor doesn't do any good when they can't get you anywhere near where your office is. I work 1/2 a block from the 23rd Street PATH and have no need for a metrocard. Having to scrounge up more money to commute is frustrating as well along with the extra time it's taking to get to work. Even leaving 30 minutes early today, I was still late to work.

Same crap for me, too. Nothing like having the cost of my commute more than double. My other choice being the time of my commute can quadruple instead for the original price.

Nice job, patholes.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/24 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
If corzine were still governor, I'd be furious with him if this sh_t was going on during his watch. Not a SINGLE NJ governor has ever stepped up and chided the port authority for its incompetence. and let's be frank, PATH, the former Erie and Manhattan railroad owned by NJ transit, is really an issue for NJ to handle. I think there would be outrage by NJ officials if Cuomo started criticing how PATH is run,

Why not just give PATH to the MTA?

Posted on: 2014/9/24 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I noticed Fulop was quoted "I give them an ?F? because we got nothing,? Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop said. ?The fact that people find out about it so late all the time repeatedly, it?s frustrating.?

He's been way too quiet about the PATH. Hopefully this is the start of something, but I'm not getting my hope up.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If a pigeon shit on a transformer and started a fire that shut down the PATH some would find a way to blame Christie and at the same time give his Democrat counterpart Cuomo a pass.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
The problem with the Port Authority, it's been a political patronage cesspool for decades. There is absolutely no accountability because the political leaders who appoint their cronies will not punish them.

I truly believe that Cuomo doesn't care because the system serves NJ and Christie doesn't care because he's a suburban Republican from West NJ.

Definitely this. I'll add that Christie is busy raising donations for national office. This is probably the last thing on his mind. The only way he'd care is if there were news articles discussing the abysmal failure of the PA on his watch, and I doubt that will happen.

Cuomo is out trying to score half a billion dollars from the NY State EPA by diverting 'clean water' money to fund the Tappan Zee Bridge-is that screwing up the PATH as well?

Putting the blame on Christie for PATH failures is stupid, unless you also want to have Cuomo share the blame equally, and both would be wrong anyway.

Obviously the primary responsibility lies with the PATH execs in charge, including their atrocious communication.

But it is obvious to all objective people (and you claim to be objective), that the PA execs are only accountable to the two governors who hired them.

Since they are clearly content with the status quo, they have no reason to change unless forced to by their respective governors.

So yes, the failure to punish incompetent behavior lies can be laid solely at the feet of Christie and Cuomo. Yes, both are to blame. Nothing will change unless they want it to and they don't.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
The problem with the Port Authority, it's been a political patronage cesspool for decades. There is absolutely no accountability because the political leaders who appoint their cronies will not punish them.

I truly believe that Cuomo doesn't care because the system serves NJ and Christie doesn't care because he's a suburban Republican from West NJ.

Definitely this. I'll add that Christie is busy raising donations for national office. This is probably the last thing on his mind. The only way he'd care is if there were news articles discussing the abysmal failure of the PA on his watch, and I doubt that will happen.

Cuomo is out trying to score half a billion dollars from the NY State EPA by diverting 'clean water' money to fund the Tappan Zee Bridge-is that screwing up the PATH as well?

Putting the blame on Christie for PATH failures is stupid, unless you also want to have Cuomo share the blame equally, and both would be wrong anyway.

Difference is no one expects Cuomo to give a crap, but given how many citizens of his state commute using PATH and other transit, Christie should care about trans Hudson mass transit. But he's made clear he doesn't by diverting funds from transit to roads. Had the billions in PA cash diverted inappropriately to the Skyway been spent (as they should have) on the PATH upgrades, things would be different. The Skyway sure needed help, but not from the PA.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/24 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
There are PATH trains running between Hoboken and JSQ.

Stops: Hoboken, Newport, Grove, JSQ

Posted on: 2014/9/24 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Bus 126

Travel Alerts
Sep 23, 2014 07:00:19 PM
Bus Route No. 126 will honor PATH tickets/passes due to ongoing PATH service suspension.

Sep 23, 2014 07:00:12 PM
Customers are advised to allow additional travel time due to the potential of heavy ridership during the temporary suspension of PATH. (JSQ ? 33rd)

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servle ... PageAction=TravelAlertsTo

--------------------------------

If I was uptown, I think I would take the train to Newark and come back on the PATH train. It will be less crowded than bus 126.

Travel Alerts
Sep 23, 2014 07:37:31 PM
NJT rail continues to cross honor for PATH, between Newark, New York, and Hoboken.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone have any luck with the "cross-honoring" at PABT? Heading home in an hour or so.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
OK, maybe about the same amount of time from PABT to a PATH connection, but if you are closer to the HBLR, its only 15 minutes to the HBLR 9th Street Station (Palisade Avenue and Congress Street in the Heights) - http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0119.pdf

Posted on: 2014/9/23 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:

asny10011 - NJT Bus 126 runs from PABT to Hamilton Park during the evening commute, but check the timetable. Most services only go as far as Hoboken Terminal, so be sure to get on one that terminates at Hamilton Park. Probably be a lot faster to just take WTC PATH or the ferry to Paulus Hook though. Good luck!

https://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0126.pdf

Also The NJ Transit 119 runs from the PABT to JSQ, where you can hop on the PATH to Grove Street. It doesn't run as often as the 126, but the 119 runs directly to Congress Street and Palisade so is faster, and you can also switch for the HBLR once you get to Palisade Ave.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 21:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/23 20:33

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]