Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Man Shot Today by JC Cop Dies Tonight - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Police = 1
Thug ass losers = 0 (DEAD)

Great job JCPD. Stay safe

Posted on: 2014/6/26 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/26 2:25
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Authorities release identity of 20-year-old man fatally shot by police.

Authorities have released the identity of the 20-year-old man who died Tuesday night after he was shot by a Jersey City police officer during a scuffle earlier in the day.

Lavon King, of Jersey City, was shot in the chest by a police officer after he struggled with the officer in the backyard of an Ege Avenue home, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino said in a statement.

King, who according to Rubino, had several open warrants, died at 8:54 p.m. after undergoing surgery at Jersey City Medical Center.

The investigation is being conducted by the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's homicide unit, which is standard protocol whenever there is a police-involved shooting, Rubino added.

According to the HCPO's preliminary investigation, a pair of Jersey City police officers from the Emergency Services Unit spotted King on Kearney Avenue at approximately 4:30 p.m. While one officer pursued him on foot, another followed in a police vehicle, Rubino said.

King was tracked to the Ege Avenue backyard, where he entered an unlocked shed, Rubino said.

As one of the officers entered the shed with his firearm drawn, King struggled with the officer and "attempted to disarm" him, Rubino added.

At that point, the officer fired one round, striking the 20-yeard-old in his chest, Rubino said.

Earlier today, a woman recounted the incident, having heard the gunfire from her window nearby.

"It happened really quickly," said the woman, who only provided her first name, Yvette. "I heard two gunshots, they sounded like firecrackers. Then I heard a man say, 'Why did you shoot me?'"

Yvette then looked out her window into the yard of 105 Ege Ave. and says she heard the police respond, "You shouldn't have been wrestling with us."

Rubino added that King had five open cases in Superior Court for drugs and theft, as well as a pending violation of probation.

The HCPO did not disclose the status of the police officer who shot King, nor did it release any additional information about incident.

Posted on: 2014/6/26 2:24
ಠ_ಠ

Man Shot Today by JC Cop Dies Tonight - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Prosecutor's office: Man shot by police officer dies at Jersey City Medical Center

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on June 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM, updated June 24, 2014 at 10:37 PM

A 20-year-old man died at a local hospital tonight after being shot by a Jersey City police officer this afternoon and residents in the area are rattled by the incident, official said.

?It?s unbelievable, unreal that this could happen right in front of my house,? said Julia Cintron-O?Neill, who lives adjacent to the small yard where the man was shot at about 4:40 p.m. on Ege Avenue about midway between Bergen Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive.

Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino confirmed that the man had been shot by a police officer and that he died after surgery at the Jersey City Medical Center later tonight.

However, he said he had no other information to release at this time. Jersey City was directing all inquiries to the prosecutor?s office.

The 20-year-old was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center where a trauma team was awaiting his arrival, said Mark Rabson, a spokesman for the hospital. The man went into emergency surgery shortly after 5:30 p.m. for treatment of a gunshot wound to the chest, Rabson added.

Julia Cintron-O?Neill said she was in her kitchen when she heard the ?loud, loud bang? of gunfire outside her home and she said it sounded like a bomb.

?Believe me, in this area you hear gunshots but it was so close,? said Cintron-O?Neill while standing on her porch after police reopened Ege around 7 p.m. ?I went to the front window and there was no one. Then we saw the cops. It?s very scary, very scary.?

Cintron-O?Neill said she thought the police were still looking for the gunman so she stayed put in her home. She watched as the 20-year-old was carried on a stretcher to the ambulance and then asked an officer what had happened.

?He said there was a struggle and a cop shot the guy,? Cintron-O?Neil said.

A number of yellow evidence markers could be seen where the shooting occurred in the side yard, which is part of the property of a woman who identified herself only as Mercedes. Firefighters responded and hosed the area down.

?I can?t even go visit a friend without finding a lunatic hiding in my back yard,? said Mercedes, who returned to her home after the shooting. ?The world is getting crazier and crazier.?

After the shooting, dozens of onlooker congregated outside the police tape at Bergen and Ege. One man among the crowd was charged with drinking in public and ordered to pour out his beer.

Jersey City Public Safety Director James Shea responded to the scene as did investigators of the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office?s Homicide Squad and a dozen city police cars, trucks and motorcycles.

Link to JJ Story

Posted on: 2014/6/25 2:44

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017