Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Christie: Have I ever been angry with Steve Fulop? 'You bet I have' but ...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Comedian John Moses said it best:
"Some people think that this lane closure in Fort Lee was a petty vendetta that just dashed Christie's presidential bid. It's just the opposite. This is just the type of thing Republicans demand of their candidates or did you forget about that little government shutdown thing?"

Sarcastic? yes. Probably true!

If that is true, then Republicans must be the most pathetic people on earth.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:05
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Comedian John Moses said it best:
"Some people think that this lane closure in Fort Lee was a petty vendetta that just dashed Christie's presidential bid. It's just the opposite. This is just the type of thing Republicans demand of their candidates or did you forget about that little government shutdown thing?"

Sarcastic? yes. Probably true!

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Damn, politics just got juicier, and closer to home!

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor on Christie: 'Gross misrepresentation of the facts'

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
January 09, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop issued a statement today saying Gov. Chris Christie's description of his relationship with Fulop contains a "gross misrepresentation of the facts."

The statement came shortly after Fulop, making a brief appearance at City Hall, evaded questions from reporters seeking his comment on Christie, who today held a press conference on the controversial George Washington Bridge lane closures.

Christie, responding to Fulop's allegations that the governor's office has shunned him because the mayor wouldn't endorse Christie's reelection bid, said today that while he has been "angry" with Fulop, he and his staff "continue to work" with Jersey City. Christie noted a meeting yesterday between state environmental officials and the city.

But a city official today said that was a "low level" meeting requested by Christie's office that doesn't indicate a healthy working relationship between Christie and Fulop.

In his statement, Fulop repeated his accusation that Christie's office canceled a host of meetings last year between state officials and Fulop aides because the mayor endorsed Democratic state Sen. Barbara Buono, however tepidly, in the 2013 gubernatorial race.

Read more from the Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2014/1/9 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor Fulop claimed the governor has shunned him, but he treats Councilman Boggiano the same as the governors treats him. Let's not forget Sweeney is shunning Fulop because both of them want to be governor. Welcome to NJ, it is politics as usual.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop responds to Christie's comments about him
By PolitickerNJ Staff | January 9th, 2014 - 1:29pm

TRENTON - Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop this afternoon responded to Gov. Chris Christie's press conference comments about him.

"Governor Christie?s comments today on my relationship with the State are a gross misrepresentation of the facts," Fulop said in a statement. "The reality is that the State requested the DEP meeting held yesterday in Jersey City regarding his administration?s concern that the Hurricane Sandy Recovery/Blue Acres Program is struggling. We took the meeting his administration asked for as it is our responsibility as elected officials.

"Nearly every single meeting we have requested with State commissioners with regard to proactive Jersey City issues has been unfortunately rejected over the last six months, along with countless requests we made to the Port Authority. Cancellations include an entire day of meetings with State commissioners scheduled to be in Jersey City that was abruptly cancelled, with each of the commissioners individually canceling within an hour of the time I communicated my intention to not endorse.

"We vigorously represent the interests of our city every day and to be the focus of inaccurate claims will not deter us from our goal of making Jersey City the best mid-size city in America."

Read more at http://www.politickernj.com/70698/ful ... Lk.facebook#ixzz2pvrJ0lLC
or sign up for a free trial of State Street Wire at http://www.politickernj.com/freetrial

Posted on: 2014/1/9 19:44

Christie: Have I ever been angry with Steve Fulop? 'You bet I have' but ...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Christie: Have I ever been angry with Steve Fulop? 'You bet I have' but ...

By The Jersey Journal
January 09, 2014 at 12:16 PM

In his news conference over the Bridgegate scandal this morning, Gov. Christie acknowledged that he has an up-and-down relationship with Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop and said he would look into Fulop's allegations that members of the state government haven't returned his phone calls for political reasons.

From the podium with cameras constantly clicking around him, Christie asked if he's ever been angry with Fulop and answered: "You bet I have.''

But, he continued, "I also spoke at his inauguration at his invitation.''

In what might be considered another slap at Fulop, Christie started his answer to a reporter's question on Fulop with: "Mayor Fulop seems to have a lot of disagreements with a lot of people.''

The governor later noted that the Fulop administration is "suing the Port Authority.'' (The lawsuit has been planned but hasn't been filed.)

Fulop could not immediately be located for comment.

Christie said that despite political disagreements at times, he and his staff "continue to work'' with Fulop and Jersey City and said that just yesterday state environmental officials met with Fulop to discuss $190 million in Blue Acres projects to buy properties affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Yesterday, the release of the emails that sparked an explosion over the controversial George Washington Bridge lane closures in September, Fulop was referred to as apparently a politician to ignore for political reasons.

The mayor said he read the exchange to mean he was Public Enemy No. 1 but declined to elaborate as to whether he thought it was the feeling of the Port Authority and/or the Christie administration.

Meanwhile, Fulop has been sparring with state Senate President Stephen Sweeney, D-Gloucester, over a bill that was approved in the Assembly by a 79-0 vote and would allow the Jersey City pension system to mirror the state's but that hasn't been brought to a vote in the Senate. Fulop maintains it's because Sweeney sees him as a political rival.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ave_but.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/1/9 19:41

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017