Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: 30-Year-Old HC Man Killed in Short Hills Mall Car Jacking
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I guess strong-minded and secure people are comfortable surrounding themselves with fools, idiots and worse, and swimming in their shit. Me, I've better things to do with my time...

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Dtjc, That's what weak-minded and insecure individuals do. They shout their viewpoints, call racism and whatever -ism on opposing viewpoints, and then run and hide when challenged.

See, I choose to be around people who disagree with me because I'm not afraid to be challenged. You, and apparently, user, prefer the comfort of group think and sheep mentality. That's not a value judgment, just an observation.

That said, I welcome the haters and -ism folks more than those you think I align with (you'd be surprised to find I really don't align with any of you).

But so far, all I see from you open-minded progressive folks is opposition, close minded mess and excuses.

I find Pebble to be the most intellectually savvy and interesting person on here, and he/she isn't above a little in person chat so why not you folks?

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I wouldn't care to have beer with anyone who's views I considered to be morally repugnant. Did you expect any other answer?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Awww I'm bummed, not even a no from User. Figured as much. More beer for everyone else!

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
So, User, is that a no?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Dtjc, That's what insecure individuals do. They shout their viewpoints, call racism and whatever -ism on opposing viewpoints, and then run and hide when challenged.

See, I choose to be around people who disagree with me because I'm not afraid to be challenged. You, and apparently, user, prefer the comfort of group think and sheep mentality. That's not a value judgment, just an observation.

That said, I welcome the haters and -ism folks more than those you think I align with (you'd be surprised to find I really don't align with any of you).

But so far, all I see from you open-minded progressive folks is opposition, close minded mess and excuses.

I find Pebble to be the most intellectually savvy and interesting person on here, and he/she isn't above a little in person chat so why not you folks?

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
I wouldn't care to have beer with anyone who's views I considered to be morally repugnant. Did you expect any other answer?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Awww I'm bummed, not even a no from User. Figured as much. More beer for everyone else!

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
So, User, is that a no?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
So, User, is that a no?

I'll bet that's what Obama thinks, not being self realized enough to know that he won his election by a small percentage of Americans. He acts as if he's only the POTUS for the left, not the nation.

You really are a sick puppy dragging Obama into this thread...think you proved my point.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
So, User, is that a no?

I'll bet that's what Obama thinks, not being self realized enough to know that he won his election by a small percentage of Americans. He acts as if he's only the POTUS for the left, not the nation.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
So, User, is that a no?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe you can invite that Duck call guy.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
So, User, is that a no?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Oh sh*t, yo!!

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
lol, lose the argument, run away, and shout 'racist' over your shoulder while scurrying for the hills.

(Oh, by the way, I'm not a JC resident, but I spend a lot of time at my g/f's, who is. I'm one of those people paying insanely high taxes because my town supports JC schools!) My high school has a 98.6% graduation rate, btw, and spends 5K less per student than JC!

Posted on: 2013/12/23 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
lol, lose the argument, run away, and shout 'racist' over your shoulder while scurrying for the hills.

(Oh, by the way, I'm not a JC resident, but I spend a lot of time at my g/f's, who is. I'm one of those people paying insanely high taxes because my town supports JC schools!) My high school has a 98.6% graduation rate, btw, and spends 5K less per student than JC!

Posted on: 2013/12/23 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
So, User, is that a no?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I apologize for putting the entitlement word into your mouth. However, you clearly care about this issue, enough to post on it several times and do independent reading. And you've also made your opinion known that you don't believe in the existence of any cultural problems in that community.

I'm assuming you are not ok with the current status quo of that group languishing at the bottom of the country in all aspects, and then committing the vast majority of all violent crimes as a result (such as the carjacking why this thread was created).

My ideas are simple, blacks have been screwed to be placed in their current situation, but if they fix what is in their control - such as what was discussed in the last article I posted - this will go a long way towards bettering their lot. Instead of simply throwing around the n-word (narrative), do you actually have any ideas for change?

I think you are an idiot, I live in a a 50% black area in GV and all my neighbors are professionals.

Where I live, my neighbors are retired military folks, school teachers, a principal and a pilot. Blacks come in different shapes and sizes just as any other race.

You need to travel more, you are confusing black culture with ghetto culture. I was just in Maplewood which has a high black population and none of the streets look like MLK or Ocean ave because its not ghetto and they never suffered from corrupt govt as JC has over the last 2 decades.

Why are you lumping an entire race of people with this story?

Tell that to the transgendered black woman murdered in Maplewood a year or two ago, the shopkeeper on Springfield Avenue shot last year, the woman at the church that suffered a near fatal beat down then got fired because she couldn't perform-all from thugs from east of Maplewood.

Lets call it what it is, you are a racist prick living in JC., You and your two buddies should just start a thread "I hate blacks and homos". That is all.

The intolerance of those who demand tolerance amuses me.

I am not demanding anything, as far as I am concerned you can kiss my ass. I am just pointing out how racist you and your buddies are with your Archie Bunker rants. Any-who this thread is officially dead. I wont be coming back to read the hate speeches. Carry on.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
User, you're the only one out of the more vocal group of people debating these topics who hasn't accepted an invitation to come together like civilized folk and discuss worldly issues over beers. Pebble and a number of others are all down for it after the holidays (or, Christmas, for the sensitive righties).

Are you up for it, or are you more comfortable proselytizing from behind the computer screen?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I apologize for putting the entitlement word into your mouth. However, you clearly care about this issue, enough to post on it several times and do independent reading. And you've also made your opinion known that you don't believe in the existence of any cultural problems in that community.

I'm assuming you are not ok with the current status quo of that group languishing at the bottom of the country in all aspects, and then committing the vast majority of all violent crimes as a result (such as the carjacking why this thread was created).

My ideas are simple, blacks have been screwed to be placed in their current situation, but if they fix what is in their control - such as what was discussed in the last article I posted - this will go a long way towards bettering their lot. Instead of simply throwing around the n-word (narrative), do you actually have any ideas for change?

I think you are an idiot, I live in a a 50% black area in GV and all my neighbors are professionals.

Where I live, my neighbors are retired military folks, school teachers, a principal and a pilot. Blacks come in different shapes and sizes just as any other race.

You need to travel more, you are confusing black culture with ghetto culture. I was just in Maplewood which has a high black population and none of the streets look like MLK or Ocean ave because its not ghetto and they never suffered from corrupt govt as JC has over the last 2 decades.

Tell that to the transgendered black woman murdered in Maplewood a year or two ago, the shopkeeper on Springfield Avenue shot last year, the woman at the church that suffered a near fatal beat down then got fired because she couldn't perform-all from thugs from east of Maplewood.

Lets call it what it is, you are a racist prick living in JC., You and your two buddies should just start a thread "I hate blacks and homos". That is all.

The intolerance of those who demand tolerance amuses me.

I was just pointing out that while Maplewood is incredibly diverse and accepting they are also neighbors with some towns with a large criminal presence. And didn't the son of the owner of St. James Gate in Maplewood bash a gay patron too in 2013?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Lets call it what it is, you are a racist prick living in JC because you can not afford to live anywhere else., You and your two buddies should just start a thread "I hate blacks and homos". That is all.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/23 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks User for saying what I've been saying. Yes, there are good people in Greenville and Bergen Lafayette just as there are bad people in Paulus Hook and downtown. Anyway, always count on JCList to bring out the racist trolls who are always champing at the bit to inflame incidents of black perpetrators of heinous crimes and white victims. They then then indict an entire race of people under the rubric of ?black culture? or hand-wringing over all black people as being pathological and innately criminal. As someone said earlier, it?s culture of endemic multigenerational poverty in the inner city. I remember joining this site years ago and lamenting one day seeing a post about crime on Wayne Street that implored all ?downtown white people? to have a vigil or march against crime on Wayne Street without realizing that blacks and latinos like myself also abhor crime. Again, no one here castigates or lambastes white culture or white people as a whole for their criminality on Wall Street (when they seem to be overrepresented in that criminal area) or when it?s usually a white male who does a massive shooting with no motive. It?s also quite ignorant for people to compare the experiences of Irish or Italians or any other immigrants and claim ?well, whites never got handouts and worked hard, why can?t these lazy blacks? The trope of black indolence and white people striving is one of the biggest lies and used to foster racial resentment when blacks do actually succeed. The successful black person is viewed as getting a handout or leg-up but the white person is presumed to have earned it. So you?re damned if you do (being a black professional) and damned if you don?t (if you?re a poor black person in the inner city, you?re bad lazy person; or deemed suspicious like Trayvon Martin or your death not newsworthy because you?re not middle class and white like the last article). Newsflash white people have benefitted in this country and assimilated so well because they are white or were allowed to come into the white fold (Irish, Italians,etc.). While gentrification has its good points (it brings better retail, services), it also brings in a lot of racist entitled assholes as evident by the changing demographics on JClist over the years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/opi ... irs.html?hpw&rref=opinion

http://newsreel.org/guides/race/whiteadv.htm

Also no one seems to be talking about this crime. It?s because the black kid wasn?t middle class or white and doesn?t warrant attention. And it?s because we?ve become inured to black suffering or blacks deserving bad things to happen to them.

http://breakingbrown.com/2013/12/16-y ... white-men-during-robbery/

Posted on: 2013/12/23 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/23 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/23 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
JCMan8 - I read the article. All I got out of it was that blaming a culture is an easier narrative than tackling the macro issues.

Also, please don't assume you know my views. I posted my interpretation of what the NBC article said, plus another thought-provoking one from Salon. For example, where did I encourage handouts?

If you want to pick an argument, find someone who cares what you think.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 4:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Part of this has to do with the fathers getting arrested, but this is largely a cultural problem. Many black women feel no need to have a father figure for their kids or to get married. This NBC article does a GREAT job covering this issue.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39993685/ns ... others-rate/#.UraKGrQWmMM

From the NBC article...
Quote:

The legacy of segregation, the logic goes, means blacks are more likely to attend inferior schools. This creates a high proportion of blacks unprepared to compete for jobs in today's economy, where middle-class industrial work for unskilled laborers has largely disappeared.

The drug epidemic sent disproportionate numbers of black men to prison, and crushed the job opportunities for those who served their time. Women don't want to marry men who can't provide for their families, and welfare laws created a financial incentive for poor mothers to stay single.

Implies it's more down to poverty, discrimination and bad sentencing/welfare policies, than your notion of a "cultural problem".

Here's a related interesting read:
http://www.salon.com/2013/12/21/how_a ... ned_its_undeserving_poor/

Your read was very interesting. I think it tries a bit too hard to paint conservatives as the evil devils and liberals as the would-be saviors who just couldn't get their plans in order. I'm sure a lot of it's true though. And the history lesson on the various types of metropolitan transformation was some good stuff.

Your quote from the NBC article omits the next sentence, which uses the classic weasel words, "some say" to describe everything you quoted. Also, it does not discuss the various rebuttals to those arguments contained in the article, such as "there's no real chance of me being married, but because some black men can't get their stuff together I got to let my whole world fall apart. That's what the logic is for some women." It also ignores the very real cultural problems the black community has.

What you don't seem to understand is I agree with you that poverty, discrimination, etc. has led to blacks getting dealt a very bad hand. Where we disagree is what to do about it. In fact, I don't see you (or other posters) making any concrete suggestions, other than blame the white man for discrimination and encourage handouts.

I am of the opinion shared by the law professor in the NBC article, who says that even though discrimination caused blacks' present problems, only black action can cure them.

But what we have had for the past several decades is the exact opposite. A refusal to acknowledge their current cultural problems and angry shouting down of anyone who brings constructive suggestions to the table - white or black.

I read your lengthy Salon piece. Try taking a look at this article which demonstrates that refusal to address severe cultural problems in the black community - rather than mere poverty - is what continues to keep them down.

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/oakland ... 1070459&showFullText=true

Posted on: 2013/12/23 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Don't forget that Millburn/Short Hills also had the awful attempted murder of a woman inside her own home by another Newark ex-con this year. Besides the notoriety of a home invasion in which the hulking criminal beat the woman in front of her 3 year old before throwing the petite woman down the basement stairs, this made news nationally because it was all captured on the family's nanny cam.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/201 ... video_beating_arrest.html

Posted on: 2013/12/22 22:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I am reading the post here and am honestly disgusted. What does the color of anyone's skin have to do with this crime. BOTTOM line is four men, with extensive criminal histories, MURDERED a man in front of his family for his car. The public outcry should be why these men were on the street to begin with. Lets not turn this into a racial matter, it wasn't provoked by race. This crime was committed because a man who decided to go to school, get an education, find a good job and buy a nice car. A man who wanted to spend the day with his family, go shopping. Because of four men his family, his children were robbed of his life. Whats truly disappointing is that there isn't a bigger public outcry about it. Why because it was white man who may have been well off, people might be affraid to offend someone because they want to appear to be politically correct. Like I said this crime was commited because of race, it was commited because they wanted his car to sell. There is the real crime, you work your whole life to buy nice things and make your families life better and you are punished for it. You can't blame the police for this, or mall security. The blame should be placed on the judicial system for allowing them early release, or not sentencing them long enough. There is your real deterrent for commiting crimes, serving real prison time. People should be on the phone with there congressman and senators pressuring them to create stricter laws and more severe prison sentences. What a shame is that in a week or two this mans name will be forgotten. The man was murdered in front of his family for a car, he didn't provoke the crime, he never hurt anyone, all he wanted to do was spend the day with his family.

Posted on: 2013/12/22 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
What would be a huge story would be if Chipster, Skippy, Trey, and Laird from Short Hills jumped in one of their dad's Jaguars, drove down Ocean Avenue, Lacoste polos with collars popped, and capped some innocent bystander with a legal Glock taken from a 200 year old mahogany nightstand. They were caught when the Quoddy boat shoe lost by one of the young men in the getaway was traced back to the last kept on file at the factory in Maine.

Now that would be a story!

I have no sympathy for criminals but if your scenario were true what are the chances that they would get the death penalty?

In New Jersey? 0%

Zero chance as well in Texas. There was that white teenage snot who killed four people while driving drunk. All he got was probation after his attorney successfully used the "affluenza" defense: the kid was too rich and spoiled to know the difference between right and wrong.

The point was that NJ doesn't have a death penalty

Yes, I got that. Just making an additional point that things aren't so cut and dried in the legal system; those who can afford it can buy their way out of a vehicular homicide charge even in a supposedly tough-on-crime state like Texas. Don't get me wrong, the four scumbags in this carjacking should be fully prosecuted and given maximum sentences - I have no sympathy for these losers.

And the non-sentence in Texas has been a story of national outrage in the media, with the judge in particular on the hot seat.

I can tell you, though, that a young woman is spending time in jail in NJ for the drunk driving death of her boyfriend-in Millburn/Short Hills. Both were local teens. Another Short Hills teen is serving time for his drunk driving accident which killed another driver about a mile from the Mall at Short Hills.

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
What would be a huge story would be if Chipster, Skippy, Trey, and Laird from Short Hills jumped in one of their dad's Jaguars, drove down Ocean Avenue, Lacoste polos with collars popped, and capped some innocent bystander with a legal Glock taken from a 200 year old mahogany nightstand. They were caught when the Quoddy boat shoe lost by one of the young men in the getaway was traced back to the last kept on file at the factory in Maine.

I have no sympathy for criminals but if your scenario were true what are the chances that they would get the death penalty?

In New Jersey? 0%

Zero chance as well in Texas. There was that white teenage snot who killed four people while driving drunk. All he got was probation after his attorney successfully used the "affluenza" defense: the kid was too rich and spoiled to know the difference between right and wrong.

Yes, I got that. Just making an additional point that things aren't so cut and dried in the legal system; those who can afford it can buy their way out of a vehicular homicide charge even in a supposedly tough-on-crime state like Texas. Don't get me wrong, the four scumbags in this carjacking should be fully prosecuted and given maximum sentences - I have no sympathy for these losers.

Yeah, I don't think anyone should be defending the guilty parties in either case. F them all.

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

In New Jersey? 0%

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

colleen wrote:
You're so right! Italians didn't mind being harvested as slaves, being used to build an entire nation's economy, or being denied basic human rights for a hundred years after emancipation. Why can't 'other people' be so understanding?

Godwin's law corollary on JCRaciaList.

You do know that blacks in Africa SOLD their brethren, yes?

And you do know it was whites who BOUGHT them, yes? They wouldn't have been sold if there wasn't a market for them in the first place. A bit like blaming Colombia or Mexico for the problem in the drug trade - the supplier wouldn't exist without the demand. Surely as a vociferous advocate of the free market, you understand such a basic relationship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

I'm going to have to ask for my reparations soon

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

colleen wrote:
You're so right! Italians didn't mind being harvested as slaves, being used to build an entire nation's economy, or being denied basic human rights for a hundred years after emancipation. Why can't 'other people' be so understanding?

Godwin's law corollary on JCRaciaList.

You do know that blacks in Africa SOLD their brethren, yes?

And you do know it was whites who BOUGHT them, yes? They wouldn't have been sold if there wasn't a market for them in the first place. A bit like blaming Colombia or Mexico for the problem in the drug trade - the supplier wouldn't exist without the demand. Surely as a vociferous advocate of the free market, you understand such a basic relationship.

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

In New Jersey? 0%

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

In New Jersey? 0%

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

In New Jersey? 0%

Posted on: 2013/12/22 16:11

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017