Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: NY TIMES: Have New Yorkers finally discovered Jersey City?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Also, no 24/7 transportation will equal no change. I would expect Harrison to turn around before any area outside of DTJC and JSQ. There is also a lot of land north of the tunnel that is walkable to the Hoboken PATH that will be sought after.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
If the reason people are moving to Brooklyn is just to say they live in the city...it's pretty stupid considering they pay MORE rent and get LESS income via the city tax...but I guess is you're a hipster from Ohio with dad's credit...who cares.

Also, oh no JC is divided. I guess we should pretend we're like the Upper East Side types that embrace East New York as just like them.

Or we can live in reality and acknowledge DTJC as more part of the Gold Coast with Hoboken and Weehawken, since the demographics and geography there are actually similar...

Posted on: 2013/8/20 18:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/14 1:53
Group:
Registered Users
First off-it?s nice to see this discussion thread even if not everyone agrees on everything (nor should we).
I see the Times article as a positive one regardless of the intentions. I am psyched that we have a new young mayor who wants to bring attention and business to JC. After living in Greenpoint for 10 years (I say that in case any Brooklyners are considering this area) my partner and I left just as it was really taking off because we wanted a house. We bought right near Journal Square in 2008 right before things went south. As someone who has invested here (both emotionally & financially) it?s been difficult to watch the area remain so stagnant the past 5 years (ex the demolition at JSQ path station that went nowhere), but I have tried to remain positive that the area would eventually bounce back (even if it takes 10 more years). I often read the discussion threads here about how JSQ has been up and coming forever but nothing ever happens; how the Journal & McGinley square projects have been in the works and might never take off; how our taxes may be affect if the re-eval ever takes place?all the while still hoping that things will get better. I?ve often wondered why more people haven?t discovered JC (besides downtown), and how people can afford to rent or buy in Bklyn (seriously, how many young people have that much money?!!).
JSQ and the heights (not to leave any other areas out, I?m just most familiar with these two) have SO much potential and are SO convenient to the city..but aren?t developed like downtown so less people are attracted (and as a result the prices aren?t as high).
We always spread the word about JC-more people are aware of it?s proximity to NYC compared to 5 years ago, but it?s still hard to convince our Bklyn friends to visit us. The weekend PATH schedule doesn?t help..but I have to say that the PATH is cleaner than the subways (no garbage cans!) and runs SO frequently during the week that I never have a problem (besides some of the aggressive people trying to get seats, but that also happens on subway).
Even though it?s not always easy to get people to visit us, it hasn?t made me want to move back to Bklyn. I love living here for so many reasons-convenient to city, easy access to shopping areas, easy drive to Newark airport (so much easier than NYC airports), and the overall sense of community?we met more people in the first month of moving here than we met in all of our years in Brooklyn. We have a great block and people look out for each other.
We have a house with a yard and it?s QUIET..and I can be in the west village in 20 minutes! Do I wish that we had a good coffee shop, bookstore or restaurant in JSQ? Sure, but it?s not the end of the world when I can get that either downtown JC or in the city.
I could go on, but I just wanted to say that I love living in JC and I hope that more people start to realize the potential here. Maybe this article will help.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:
I do not post often but when I do...to me its important. This person is a complete idiot. First of all I moved to JC from Park Slope in near the beginning of the previous decade. I worked in Manhattan and the average time it took me to get home was nearly 2hrs (Yes, waiting for a local, to catch the F train the F. Hamilton or 7th Avenue...two places I've lived). NO WAY did it ever take the same amount of time to get from NYC to JC. I love that from Wall St. it takes me around 20 min to get to Journal Square. In the evening when everything runs slower...yes it does take longer...but that's anywhere you go.

As for "galleries, etc." Greenpoint and Bushwick have been trying to be Williamsburg & Park Slope for years...the areas near public transportation are far from safe...and the trains to those stops that frequent these neighborhoods run through 'shaky' nabes where one should always be alert. Plenty of places have opened and closed during the brief period where I was looking for another possible place to live or checking out music or a gallery. It's just not gonna happen there.

As for JC itself. The Journal Square area is a MESS, and has been ever since I moved to the heights in 03. Central Avenue has been deteriorating at a steady clip where not even some dollar stores can stay open. And don't get me started about Stop n Shop and their staff's inability to mark items...or to honor sales in flyers. As for the Grove St. area, I'm pleased with it...high priced food for little portions (this ain't Soho!), and bars that have uniquely bizarre rules in some taverns(Powerhouse anyone...and who joins a stodgy "Bar" membership for the priviliedge to drink there!!!) notwithstanding. In any case...it will be a slow climb...but we'll get there...much faster and further than Bushwick...and I can't stop laughing at that poster's one-person need to flag that area! Please. Of course rents are low...they're trying to get people into places no one in their right mind would live.

I find your post confusing and incoherent.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 16:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Please stop comparing Jersey City to Bushwick. It only reveals your ignorance and is unfair to both Jersey City and to Bushwick.

1. Bushwick is significantly cheaper, by 10 to 20% less than downtown's brownstone neighborhoods.

2. The Myrtle-Wyckoff station which is much deeper in Bushwick than is necessary to find rents far below Jersey City, is only about 15 to 18 minutes from 14th Street. PATH can't do that. Also, the M gets Bushwick residents to many more destinations in midtown with a one stop ride.

3. Subway stations are closer together. The cheapest rents in Jersey City are along the fringe downtown -- Brunswick Ave, out on the west end of the numbered streets -- and walking to the PATH adds 10 to 15 minutes to a trip anywhere. The close proximity of subway stations means more housing available immediately adjacent to the station, and a 15 minute walk usual means passing more than one other subway station.

4. The arts scene is significantly more developed with many more full time galleries.

Its much more fair to compare Jersey City to Park Slope, Prospect Heights or Fort Greene, in which case Jersey City is in a very good position.

Both Jersey City and those areas of Brooklyn are more focused on the stroller set. The idea of hipster Jersey City is pretty much dead, as evidenced by the high number of recently opened child care facilities. But Jersey City is significantly less expensive than those parts of Brooklyn.

When it comes to travel distance, Jersey City and Park Slope / Prospect Heights / Fort Greene are roughly equal. True Park Slope has limited access to subways, mostly the F train, or a good long walk to the 2-3-4-5; Fort Greene is actually fairly isolated, and most of the neighborhood includes a serious walk to the subway; even Prospect Heights with the best access to the subway, is several stations further out. Realistically, Jersey City probably has better, faster access to much of Manhattan over those neighborhoods, albeit on the PATH.

Jersey City and those Brooklyn neighborhoods are also attracting older, more established middle aged professionals. Jersey City is no longer affordable for the new college grads or the young people just beginning their careers -- the people who are moving to places like Bushwick or Crown Heights now. But Jersey City does have more space and better amenities than is available in Park Slope, Fort Greene, and Prospect heights, and for some people the choice to live in a larger home is more important than location.

Additionally, the general cost of living tends to be less than in Park Slope / Fort Greene / Prospect Heights, although this a marginal difference.

So in either case, please stop comparing Jersey City to Bushwick, its simply not an equivalent comparison.

I do not post often but when I do...to me its important. This person is a complete idiot. First of all I moved to JC from Park Slope in near the beginning of the previous decade. I worked in Manhattan and the average time it took me to get home was nearly 2hrs (Yes, waiting for a local, to catch the F train the F. Hamilton or 7th Avenue...two places I've lived). NO WAY did it ever take the same amount of time to get from NYC to JC. I love that from Wall St. it takes me around 20 min to get to Journal Square. In the evening when everything runs slower...yes it does take longer...but that's anywhere you go.

As for "galleries, etc." Greenpoint and Bushwick have been trying to be Williamsburg & Park Slope for years...the areas near public transportation are far from safe...and the trains to those stops that frequent these neighborhoods run through 'shaky' nabes where one should always be alert. Plenty of places have opened and closed during the brief period where I was looking for another possible place to live or checking out music or a gallery. It's just not gonna happen there.

As for JC itself. The Journal Square area is a MESS, and has been ever since I moved to the heights in 03. Central Avenue has been deteriorating at a steady clip where not even some dollar stores can stay open. And don't get me started about Stop n Shop and their staff's inability to mark items...or to honor sales in flyers. As for the Grove St. area, I'm pleased with it...high priced food for little portions (this ain't Soho!), and bars that have uniquely bizarre rules in some taverns(Powerhouse anyone...and who joins a stodgy "Bar" membership for the priviliedge to drink there!!!) notwithstanding. In any case...it will be a slow climb...but we'll get there...much faster and further than Bushwick...and I can't stop laughing at that poster's one-person need to flag that area! Please. Of course rents are low...they're trying to get people into places no one in their right mind would live.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
I suspect the publicity is coming from the developers. Unfortunately, the articles are being a bit misleading with regard to the price of homes in general. It seems there's an intimation that there are plenty of brownstones downtown for approximately $600,000.00. The vast majority of brownstones downtown are going for $1mm and there's very little inventory.

Very misleading indeed. I looked at that place and it needed too much work. It sold for just short of $700K 3.5 years ago (Feb. 2010...very different market then). I wouldn't be surprised if they had to put in another $300K to bring it back to its former glory.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
I suspect the publicity is coming from the developers. Unfortunately, the articles are being a bit misleading with regard to the price of homes in general. It seems there's an intimation that there are plenty of brownstones downtown for approximately $600,000.00. The vast majority of brownstones downtown are going for $1mm and there's very little inventory.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 14:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/12 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Ian, the ride from Grove to 14th street is 15 minutes, not sure what you mean by Path can't do that.

I'd like to see that happen just once.

I've never gotten to 14th Street in more than 15 minutes, unless there was a rare massive problem like police activity or something.

I make it daily from Grove to 42nd in less than 25. So Grove to 14th in 15 if you caught the trains is VERY feasible. It is during rush hour.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/08/1 ... -city-is-the-place-to-be/

It's not just The NYT. My hunch is that this publicity is coming because we now have a mayor with connections to the media and a goal of reviving the rest of the city.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/us/ ... falls.html?pagewanted=all

I think, the article above touches on some concerns similar to those that some JC neighborhoods are now facing.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 11:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Who wants the mega rich to live here. Educated White collar professionals are moving to the area. With all the violent crime that happens there, Greenville and Bergen Lafayette are closer to Newark and Irvington than DTJC.

Once again separating yourself from a neighborhood that is in your backyard shows me who you are and how pathetic your reality is. So you and your buddy can shit on Bushwick or East New York but guess what these places are in New York City with a NYC zip code, and the both of you are not LMAO.

When NYC local news reports a murder in Jersey City the reporter does not give a specific location of the area the reporter usually reports a murder happened in Jersey City not Greenville.

The only news source that does that is the Jersey Journal to keep scared white people interested in DTJC.
I have been a resident of Greenville for 3 years and love it. I don't buy into the idiotic scare tactics of the Jersey Journal or the Hating on my neighborhood by a$$holes because he fears his property values may go down. FYI the white collar workers are already flocking to GV and BL but the two of you have your head so far up your ass to know it. Have a great weekend shopping on Newark ave.

If the destiny of down town JC is linked to the rest of JC, then the down town area is doomed. Fortunately that is not at all the case.

Developers are once again developing in the down town area at rapid paces and more and more people are moving in despite the crime in other areas of the city.

I would like to point out again that Tribeca real estate prices aren't dropping just because there is crime in the Bronx or even in Harlem. And yet they are all part of the same city. user1111's analysis is completely flawed.

With that said, I would of course like to see less crime in the rest of JC! I just don't think it's linked in the way that user1111 thinks it is.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Have to agree with tommyc_37. No more than 15 minutes elapses from the time I step on the Path train at Grove to the time I step off the Path train at 14th St.

Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Ian, the ride from Grove to 14th street is 15 minutes, not sure what you mean by Path can't do that.

I've never gotten to 14th Street in more than 15 minutes, unless there was a rare massive problem like police activity or something.

Maybe, but not from the swipe at the turnstile.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Have to agree with tommyc_37. No more than 15 minutes elapses from the time I step on the Path train at Grove to the time I step off the Path train at 14th St.

Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/19 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Do I need to bring puppets into this discussion?

Any conversation you participate in, by definition, includes at least one puppet already.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 5:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/19 5:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

No one made that comment comparing JERSEY CITY TO BUSHWICK I am comparing Greenville to Bushwick

Actually, RUinHamiltonPark did, but I forgot you are basically illiterate.

"RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
It still boggles my mind that anyone would choose a place like Bushwick over DTJC when it costs the same"

I'm not sure why you would compare Greenville to Bushwick. Greenville is a lot more like East New York or Carnarsie or East Flatbush, except that all of those neighborhoods have a subway directly to Manhattan and Greenville doesn't.

ARE YOU ILLITERATE???

I wrote:

No one made that comment comparing JERSEY CITY TO BUSHWICK

"RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
It still boggles my mind that anyone would choose a place like Bushwick over DTJC when it costs the same"

Your post compares ALL OF JC to various areas in BK when NO ONE IS MAKING THAT COMPARISON.

Crime ridden areas in JC = Cime ridden areas in BK
Nice safe areas in JC = nice safe areas in BK

Some other comparisons:

Nice safe areas in JC > crime ridden areas in BK

Do I need to bring puppets into this discussion?

Posted on: 2013/8/19 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

No one made that comment comparing JERSEY CITY TO BUSHWICK I am comparing Greenville to Bushwick

Actually, RUinHamiltonPark did, but I forgot you are basically illiterate.

"RUinHamiltonPark wrote:

I'm not sure why you would compare Greenville to Bushwick. Greenville is a lot more like East New York or Carnarsie or East Flatbush, except that all of those neighborhoods have a subway directly to Manhattan and Greenville doesn't.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/19 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
I welcome the NYC folks. Thats the only way my home value is going to go up!

common sense on this board is refreshing...very refreshing.

True, but there's common sense on both sides here. An influx of New Yorkers drives homeowners values up, and renters' rents up. Owners are understandably excited by this, renters understandably nervous.

Neighborhoods with a majority of homeowners are much more invested in their neighborhood than a neighborhood with a majority of renters. It's logical - 1 yr lease versus a 15 or 30 yr mortgage. A yr lease gets you thinking about what is already there, a 15 or 30 yr mortgage gets you thinking about schools, and future restaurants and shops, etc.

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again - the problem is not rising property values which is extremely good. The problem is stagnant wages. Go fight for a living wage and for better public education - something which JC (all of it) severely lacks.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Dahood wrote:

True, but there's common sense on both sides here. An influx of New Yorkers drives homeowners values up, and renters' rents up. Owners are understandably excited by this, renters understandably nervous.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dahood wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/19 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/8/19 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
I don't get why anyone is arguing with these NYers, JC doesn't need douchebag investment bankers and other asswads messing up what we have here.

To the NYers reading this, this article is fiction. JC is a wasteland, don't come here. All of JC is begging you to stay where you are.

You're better off where you are.

Indeed! You don't want to be here. We already filled our quota of these folks a few years ago. We're already over-saturated in them as it is.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 22:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes Gothamers, this place is a complete wasteland full of hexavalent chromium, headless dachshunds and culturally illiterate people in general. This morbid atmosphere is now attracting melancholic french zombies with all intentions to reproduce. This is a lost cause, don't take the Pathetic Line!

Posted on: 2013/8/18 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I don't get why anyone is arguing with these NYers, JC doesn't need douchebag investment bankers and other asswads messing up what we have here.

To the NYers reading this, this article is fiction. JC is a wasteland, don't come here. All of JC is begging you to stay where you are.

You're better off where you are.

Quote:

JaeTea wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
It still boggles my mind that anyone would choose a place like Bushwick over DTJC when it costs the same...granted the PATH is nothing to write home about, but the extra 5-10 minutes late night is worth it for a much safer, cleaner, serviced, neighborhood.

I have been to BK many times, I don't get it. The best places in BK to live are off the beaten path, others are overpriced and full of hipsters, and the rest are unsafe and grimey.

I STILL don't get how people can't understand this.

People in NYC would live ANYWHERE in NYC rather than go to Jersey City. JC is like the banished wasteland from Judge Dredd.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 21:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
It still boggles my mind that anyone would choose a place like Bushwick over DTJC when it costs the same...granted the PATH is nothing to write home about, but the extra 5-10 minutes late night is worth it for a much safer, cleaner, serviced, neighborhood.

I have been to BK many times, I don't get it. The best places in BK to live are off the beaten path, others are overpriced and full of hipsters, and the rest are unsafe and grimey.

I STILL don't get how people can't understand this.

People in NYC would live ANYWHERE in NYC rather than go to Jersey City. JC is like the banished wasteland from Judge Dredd.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Please stop comparing Jersey City to Bushwick. It only reveals your ignorance and is unfair to both Jersey City and to Bushwick.

1. Bushwick is significantly cheaper, by 10 to 20% less than downtown's brownstone neighborhoods.

2. The Myrtle-Wyckoff station which is much deeper in Bushwick than is necessary to find rents far below Jersey City, is only about 15 to 18 minutes from 14th Street. PATH can't do that. Also, the M gets Bushwick residents to many more destinations in midtown with a one stop ride.

3. Subway stations are closer together. The cheapest rents in Jersey City are along the fringe downtown -- Brunswick Ave, out on the west end of the numbered streets -- and walking to the PATH adds 10 to 15 minutes to a trip anywhere. The close proximity of subway stations means more housing available immediately adjacent to the station, and a 15 minute walk usual means passing more than one other subway station.

4. The arts scene is significantly more developed with many more full time galleries.

Its much more fair to compare Jersey City to Park Slope, Prospect Heights or Fort Greene, in which case Jersey City is in a very good position.

Both Jersey City and those areas of Brooklyn are more focused on the stroller set. The idea of hipster Jersey City is pretty much dead, as evidenced by the high number of recently opened child care facilities. But Jersey City is significantly less expensive than those parts of Brooklyn.

When it comes to travel distance, Jersey City and Park Slope / Prospect Heights / Fort Greene are roughly equal. True Park Slope has limited access to subways, mostly the F train, or a good long walk to the 2-3-4-5; Fort Greene is actually fairly isolated, and most of the neighborhood includes a serious walk to the subway; even Prospect Heights with the best access to the subway, is several stations further out. Realistically, Jersey City probably has better, faster access to much of Manhattan over those neighborhoods, albeit on the PATH.

Jersey City and those Brooklyn neighborhoods are also attracting older, more established middle aged professionals. Jersey City is no longer affordable for the new college grads or the young people just beginning their careers -- the people who are moving to places like Bushwick or Crown Heights now. But Jersey City does have more space and better amenities than is available in Park Slope, Fort Greene, and Prospect heights, and for some people the choice to live in a larger home is more important than location.

Additionally, the general cost of living tends to be less than in Park Slope / Fort Greene / Prospect Heights, although this a marginal difference.

So in either case, please stop comparing Jersey City to Bushwick, its simply not an equivalent comparison.

Let's name all the brooklyn neighborhoods but treat Jersey City as a single area with no differences at all. Does that make any sense to you?

DTJC has more in common with shanghai china than greenville okay?

Posted on: 2013/8/18 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I'd say Jersey City Heights and the western Slope/North Bergen as well as nion City are incredible bargains for those looking for safer nabs with easy access to the City

Posted on: 2013/8/18 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

I agree about hipster Jersey City being dead. I'd take it a step further and say that hipster Jersey City neverreally took off. We never had tons of galleries and bars. We went straight to be expensive and stroller focused....we never really had the edgy/artsy/funky bar scene, you know?

Posted on: 2013/8/18 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/18 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dahood wrote:
Who wants the mega rich to live here. Educated White collar professionals are moving to the area. With all the violent crime that happens there, Greenville and Bergen Lafayette are closer to Newark and Irvington than DTJC.

The mega rich can live anywhere, I'm sure JC is not at the top of their list. As Manhattan becomes more of an enclave for the rich upper middle class and middle class professionals priced out of Manhattan will look in the outer boroughs and DTJC. This will make Greenville and BL more attractive to middle class families priced out of DTJC this is something we are starting to see now. The value of my condo is now slightly above the 2007 level which makes me very happy.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 13:27

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017