Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Apartments at 61 Duncan Ave?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/31 18:13
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
we live a block away on fairmount, and have for almost 3 years. between 7am and 11pm, when we are out and about, we have had no issues at all. my wife goes running 3 days a week in lincoln park early in the morning and has never had any trouble. for full disclosure's sake, she does take our dog running with her.

walking to and from path up jfk has been fine for us (again, we are not usually out at 3am so do with that what you will).

the area on duncan west of west side (near lincoln park) is not someplace i would feel comfortable walking around at night by myself as a young woman in. that's a terribly constructed sentence but you get my drift.

we like it here. we have parking and a yard. the main thing we like about being here is the space. we moved from a shoebox in san francisco.

there are a few good restaurants in our neighborhood, but you will probably find yourself wanting to stretch your menu after a short while.

i think where you are looking is a good place for families or people who are mellow or quiet, i think if you use your head you will be safe, and i think if you want to party hard you will be bored unless you leave the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/10/23 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
I think if you were closer to Journal Square then it would be safer. But this area is rough around the edges. On too many occasions whether i was on the bus or driving police and fire vehicles were always responding to one thing or another. Lots of traffic in the area also.

Posted on: 2011/10/23 3:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/10 19:04
Group:
Registered Users
It really depends on what part of Duncan Ave. For example, the closer you are to West Side Ave, the less desireable it is due to the history of crime. However, if you are referring to Dincan Ave and Kennedy Blvd, it is no better or worse than a lot of other neighborhoods.

Posted on: 2011/10/23 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Duncan is not good, look else where.

Posted on: 2011/10/23 1:54

Apartments at 61 Duncan Ave?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/23 22:40
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all,

I am a single 26 year old female looking to relocate and found a beautiful apartment at this building on Duncan. However, as a single female a bit unfamiliar with the area, people keep telling me that it would be an unwise move. Can anyone give me some insight on the safety of this part of McGinley Square? I really love the apartment I found, but quite honestly don't know enough about the area and I don't want to make a blind decision. I don't consider myself to be careless or reckless. I have both common sense and street smarts. I also know that Jersey City is a city and things can happen anytime, anywhere. Any help/advice that anyone can offer would be wonderful. Thank you so much in advance!

Posted on: 2011/10/23 1:06

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017