Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Do not use UPS delivery in downtown JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
There was another post about this on here. I have photographed items left by UPS in broad daylight on people's stoops. I have also helped the cops put 3 people away for stealing packages. Recently in Hoboken I saw a new service. Some guy has a hotdog/coffee cart that he uses to accept packages for people in the area for a small charge. Seems like a great idea for those folks who are out at work from 9 to 5. It would be great if some of the local businesses around here offered this service.

Posted on: 2011/1/11 15:16

Do not use UPS delivery in downtown JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
For the third time in less than a year, the UPS driver has left a package on my stoop that required a signature. Over a year's time 3 packages have been stolen because of this. And YES, I get my packages delivered to my office, with the exception of when I have no choice but to send to my residence but obviously it's NEVER worked with UPS. I feel like I live in a 3rd world country!

As we know the reputation of UPS we cringed when we heard the sender used their services and checked outside every 15 minutes starting after 5pm. Sure enough, the driver left the package at the door while we were home waiting for it. No buzz. A valuable package I paid $35 courier fees for 2 day air delivery.

Contacted UPS and they said unless the sender specifies beyond the services they offer that they want a signature that, get this: SIGNATURES ARE NO LONGER AUTOMATIC ON ANY DELIVERIES INCLUDING THE OVERNIGHT, 2 DAY AIR etc., where you pay a fortune. Even though our address is FLAGGED in their system that ALL packages require a signature due to three other packages being stolen off our stoop.

UPS takes no responsibility. The company that sent the items will be filing a complaint with UPS to refund the $35 as they paid for a service they didn't get. ESSENTIALLY, UPS SUCKS.

Posted on: 2011/1/11 13:40

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017