Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Real estate / renting - help jumpstart my research :-)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

seinberg wrote:
... if you were in your late 20s/early 30s, doing reasonably well financially (enough to afford a 3k / month apartment, at least), and wanted to be around decent bars and restaurants for the social scene but also in a convenient place for transport to Manhattan for museums, nightlife, other cultural events, etc., where would you move?

Based purely on the PATH maps, I'm seeing that Pavonia and Grove St stations are probably the best. How about Hoboken vs. Jersey City? Or should I just stay put in Murray Hill?

Thanks!

Rent something around the Grove PATH Station and save your money to buy something the next year or so.

It is the best/only area in all of Jersey City for what you are looking for - namely; "around decent bars and restaurants... and convenient place for PATH subway" -- it's even better than the waterfront -- unless you like baby strollers!

Also keep in mind that the Grove PATH Station is the only stop with both of the PATH subway trains too!

If you like Hoboken good luck with it - but I wouldn't live there unless I was 18 and going to Stevens.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 18:53

Re: Real estate / renting - help jumpstart my research :-)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

seinberg wrote:
Hi All,

I'm going to start a new job in Jersey City (very close to the Exchange Place PATH station), and am also considering a move to JC for a variety of reasons. I'm currently in Murray Hill in Manhattan, which I love for its central location but hate that I have to spend $3,000 / month on a 1 bedroom apartment.

So, my question to you is: if you were in your late 20s/early 30s, doing reasonably well financially (enough to afford a 3k / month apartment, at least), and wanted to be around decent bars and restaurants for the social scene but also in a convenient place for transport to Manhattan for museums, nightlife, other cultural events, etc., where would you move?

Based purely on the PATH maps, I'm seeing that Pavonia and Grove St stations are probably the best. How about Hoboken vs. Jersey City? Or should I just stay put in Murray Hill? Thanks!

Hoboken if you're near the PATH on the south/east side or the west side near the Light Rail. There is lots of activity there. Economically in Jersey City you get more bang for the buck. Try the Heights section on the north end of J.C. The east side of the Heights is looking more like the East Village lately with the old seediness, pockets of condos popping up, and an influx of hipsters. The west side of the Heights is a more residential, less congested.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 18:18

Real estate / renting - help jumpstart my research :-)

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/22 21:17
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All,

I'm going to start a new job in Jersey City (very close to the Exchange Place PATH station), and am also considering a move to JC for a variety of reasons. I'm currently in Murray Hill in Manhattan, which I love for its central location but hate that I have to spend $3,000 / month on a 1 bedroom apartment.

So, my question to you is: if you were in your late 20s/early 30s, doing reasonably well financially (enough to afford a 3k / month apartment, at least), and wanted to be around decent bars and restaurants for the social scene but also in a convenient place for transport to Manhattan for museums, nightlife, other cultural events, etc., where would you move?

Based purely on the PATH maps, I'm seeing that Pavonia and Grove St stations are probably the best. How about Hoboken vs. Jersey City? Or should I just stay put in Murray Hill?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/2/16 18:12

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017