Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Five Police Officers wounded in Jersey City shootout
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently the RUMORS of his passing were FALSE.

As of this morning JJ reports he is still critical, saying that there were rumors that he passed.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_police_officer_mar.html

Why don't we all wait for official word before burying anyone.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 12:05

Re: 10 to 20 shots heard in shootout with cops; that block is trouble, neighbor says
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 12:48
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately its true, he did pass away last night.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 11:48

Re: 10 to 20 shots heard in shootout with cops; that block is trouble, neighbor says
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
On the news this morning, they said that Camacho was moved out the ICU & that Dinardo was doing better & the family would like to be left alone. Never said that he passed. This was at 7am on channel 11 news.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 11:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/27 20:47
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately, it is true. Detective Marc Dinardo did pass away this evening, Saturday, July 19th, 2009.

Please for the sake of his family, his wife, his three young children, and his many, many, friends who are completely devastated right now, please let this man's family have a moment of peace.

As a friend of Marc's, I ask you, I implore you, I beg of you, to leave this thread alone.

Please allow this man's family and friends time to heal before you begin your speculation as to what went wrong, and what should have been done, and what if's. Everyone is quick to add their comments to a local thread, when you are safe sitting behind a computer every day. But please honor this man, by for the time being, leaving this subject alone.

In memory of Marc Dinardo, a 10 year veteran of the JCPD, a long time Jersey City resident, a man who every day risked his life to protect those of us who live in this city, a father of three children under 5 years old., please, please, make no further comment on this thread.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 8:25
KEEP YOUR WEEKEND Errand service
http://keepyourweekend.com

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Healy Administration, Comey...when the HELL are they going to get serious about ridding the bad element out of Jersey City. They need to address crime, attack it, take whatever means necessary get a handle on crime situation. Healy has run both times on platforms with a campaign promise of safer streets, more policing.

His Administration is too concerned with giving developers abatement's rather addressing a deep rooted issue such as crime.

Let's see city council meeting on the crime issue...People perhaps we need a march on City Hall...Let's call this administration out on crime...Make them provide a serious plan to address the bad element.

If I had my way, I say let's roll through Jersey City in Tanks and equipment for War and go after the bad element...Yes a War on Crime...round them up, do whatever it takes to show the criminasl and the bad element, that they are not welcome in Jersey City and take their business elsewhere.

Isn't fighting crime exactly what the cops were doing there? Weren't those cops putting their lives in danger to do exactly what you accuse them of never doing? They faced the "bad element" head on and paid a very dear price for it.

For a moment, hold your political bullshit. Pray for the officers.

My Prayers do go out to the officers. I have family that we police officers, one being shot in the 80's and survived. I also have a few friends on the police force. As for regards to the political bullshit, why do you think we have this crime problem..Healy and Comey..they know this area and other areas are crime ridden and they allow the bad element to fester...they have yet to attack crime..they are clueless how to fight crime..We need to bring in an outside Police Chief, not a crony of Healy's.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 5:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/5 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alanwright wrote:
There are other rumors that Officer DiNardo passed. Scroll to the bottommost comments here:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... _officers_c.html#comments

JCList posters on nj.com?

Posted on: 2009/7/20 5:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
There are other rumors that Officer DiNardo passed. Scroll to the bottommost comments here:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... _officers_c.html#comments

Posted on: 2009/7/20 5:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/4 19:11
Group:
Registered Users
Praying it isn't true. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
My prayers are with the family. R.I.P

Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Mark DiNardo passed away tonight at 10:35pm. Rest in peace young officer. God bless his wife Mary and their three young children.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
from a creditable source. I am hopeing that it is not true. But sadly i am afraid that it is.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh Christ, I should hope not. Where did you hear this?!?!

As of 7pm, the report is that Officer Camacho's condition has improved.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... rsey_city_officers_c.html

And more at 10pm.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ersey_cop_leaves_int.html

Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I think one of those police officers passed tonight. Mark Dinardo. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted on: 2009/7/20 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Line from the NYT article:

Quote:
Walking downtown, it feels as if a swath of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, had been plopped down onto the South Bronx.

Too true. And too many want to blissfully deny it.

Posted on: 2009/7/18 23:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We need a 'thinking man' police chief, not a 'john wayne' police chief. Dump Comey's sorry ass and get a chief that is post caveman solutions to law and order.

We need to recruit outside this State and even look Internationally for the best person for the job - Citizen's and cops are being unnecessarily killed by this dumb ass chief and his dumb ass ways.

Posted on: 2009/7/18 21:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
many pro gun states that allow right to carry, ban firearms in schhols, religious establishments and bars.

Posted on: 2009/7/18 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:

2.Push laws for the right to carry concealed fire arms for any law biding residents that pass fire arms tests. (I think the state could over ride that but it makes a point to try)

you think sandbar is bad now, wait till this goes into effect.

'yo bro why you starin at my girl?'

Posted on: 2009/7/18 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
More NYT coverage - about JC Chief of Police:

NYT Coverage about JC Chief of Police

Posted on: 2009/7/18 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
The reason we can't put the political bullshit behind is becaus...

...you have an ax to grind and you think this is your opportunity to grind it. It isn't.

Other than enforcing "quality of life" issues... for which cops already have ample authority, but perhaps not ample resources... your suggestions have no basis in reality.

If you're "new" to the heights, in what alternate reality where you in before you moved here? Monmouth or Hunterdon comes to mind.

Posted on: 2009/7/18 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
"3.quality of life crimes penalties would be enforced. IE loitering,littering, loud radios,graffiti etc.Give police more power to enforce the law and have a legal task force to battle bogus lawsuits from special interest groups that say loud music,littering and hanging on street corners is cultural and socio-economic."

I actually saw an officer on a bike approach a douche in an escalade who was playing his dumb raggaeton crap way too loud on Newark Ave yesterday. He politely asked him to turn down the music and the asswad started running his mouth. I stopped and clapped when I saw the cop pull out his ticket pad and write him a ticket. If this happened more frequently, downtown would clean up much faster.
NewHeights - you got my vote. Another suggestion... enact new zoning rules that purge barbershops and ethnically specific social clubs out of downtown. (I don't have a Ukranian flag with a monkey wearing a babushka in front of my place, neither should you have one wearing PR regalia) It makes the neighborhood look shitty.

Posted on: 2009/7/18 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Let me repeat the question, since it's something you didn't address in your 6-point fantasy plan. And because I think it's frivolous to role out that fantasy plan and your point about TREES while our police officers are fighting for their lives:

Isn't fighting crime exactly what the cops were doing there? Weren't those cops putting their lives in danger to do exactly what you accuse them of never doing? They faced the "bad element" head on and paid a very dear price for it.

Posted on: 2009/7/18 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
The reason we can't put the political bullshit behind is because thats what caused this mess and its the reason our city is going to decline if something doesnt change.

JC is going to be in for a real hurt as more and more tax payers start appealing there property taxes and the city starts bringing in less money. If the city tries to raise taxes 50% there will be a coup and the entire city will turn into the slums.

I promise you I could turn thing around if I were mayor. I'd piss of alot of special interest groups but i'd right this ship in 3 years max.

these are the steps I would take

1. get rid of welfare/section 8 in the city except for extreme circumstances. 2 yrs to get off. thats cause im nice. I wouldnt mention this until I was elected.I need those those special interest votes.

2.Push laws for the right to carry concealed fire arms for any law biding residents that pass fire arms tests. (I think the state could over ride that but it makes a point to try)

3.quality of life crimes penalties would be enforced. IE loitering,littering, loud radios,graffiti etc.Give police more power to enforce the law and have a legal task force to battle bogus lawsuits from special interest groups that say loud music,littering and hanging on street corners is cultural and socio-economic.

4.overall neighborhood beautification and new construction that had historic or aesthetic value would qualify for abatements not just any crappy looking structure built by some hack contractor. Give tax breaks to residents that plant trees and tax residents higher that dont plant trees

5. im still thinking.....

Posted on: 2009/7/18 0:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Healy Administration, Comey...when the HELL are they going to get serious about ridding the bad element out of Jersey City. They need to address crime, attack it, take whatever means necessary get a handle on crime situation. Healy has run both times on platforms with a campaign promise of safer streets, more policing.

His Administration is too concerned with giving developers abatement's rather addressing a deep rooted issue such as crime.

Let's see city council meeting on the crime issue...People perhaps we need a march on City Hall...Let's call this administration out on crime...Make them provide a serious plan to address the bad element.

If I had my way, I say let's roll through Jersey City in Tanks and equipment for War and go after the bad element...Yes a War on Crime...round them up, do whatever it takes to show the criminasl and the bad element, that they are not welcome in Jersey City and take their business elsewhere.

For a moment, hold your political bullshit. Pray for the officers.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
It's all bullsh*t. Wellfare is such bullsh*t. It's destroying these neighborhoods, and has been for decades. Look at those beautiful houses over on the West Side, which were the homes of hardworking families who took pride in their neighborhood. Now it's a cesspool, and the streets are not safe over there.

Hopefully, if one positive thing comes from this awful incident, it's that this will wake people up. There has to be a way to tackle the crime in the nasty parts of JC. More police? Cameras at hot intersections?

Tommy, there ARE cameras all around where this took place. Reed St. has been a problem area for decades, long before you decided to buy a brownstone downtown. Somehow, I don't think you know anyone who actually lives in this neighborhood and you assume much. All of my neighbors have ....what do you call them...oh yeah, JOBS!

The shooter and his companion were violent nut jobs, and the man at least seems to have commited violent crimes in SC as well as NJ. Its amazing that more people were not hurt by them. Our prayers are with the injured police officers and their families. Who would want to have people like this living next to them? You don't get to pick your neighbors.

Most of your posts boast your OG status and how you've been in JC longer then most of us... blah blah blah. If it wasn't for us newcomers, your hood wouldn't be livable at all today! Talk smack on us all you want. THANK GOD I only moved here in 2003. I don't even want to know how sh*tty this place used to be decades ago. And I totally agree with NewHeights and Tommy's posts regarding welfare/section 8. There is absolutely no incentive for people on these programs to get up off their lazy asses and try finding a job. Most of all, I agree with one of the officers: "I hate this city!"

Posted on: 2009/7/17 23:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
by the same logic... since thousands of immigrants are here illegally and not paying income tax, why not extend to them full US citizenship status? that way they could get regular jobs, pay taxes, and more fully support the economy

Posted on: 2009/7/17 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
JerseyCityNJ wrote: As far as the drug dealers in one spot being like shooting fish in a barrel in a way that is true but you are looking at it in the wrong way. Think of it more like you are shooting thousands of fish in a barrel but the ammunition never equals the number of fish and the rate they breed at. By the time you get more ammo new fish are born in that barrel to take there place.

A more accurate way to put it is that as long as drugs are illegal they will be sold by any Tom, Dick or Harriet that needs money. Since it is so lucrative every time you arrest a drug dealer there is another to take thier place. The quote about the breeding is misrepresentative. Please keep in mind Most drug dealers are white males between the ages of 18-45.

Al Capone and Joe Kennedy made millions during prohibition. Legalizing drugs is troubling and getting people off the harder stuff won't be easy but the fact is you will never meet a drug counselor in a crack house.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
JerseyCityNJ wrote: As far as the drug dealers in one spot being like shooting fish in a barrel in a way that is true but you are looking at it in the wrong way. Think of it more like you are shooting thousands of fish in a barrel but the ammunition never equals the number of fish and the rate they breed at. By the time you get more ammo new fish are born in that barrel to take there place.

A more accurate way to put it is that as long as drugs are illegal they will be sold by any Tom, Dick or Harriet that needs money. Since it is so lucrative every time you arrest a drug dealer there is another to take thier place. The quote about the breeding is misrepresentative. Please keep in mind Most drug dealers are white males between the ages of 18-45.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I live a block away from where this happened, for several years.

I have always felt safe on my somewhat gritty city block.

But EVERYONE knows what Reed Street is about. Generally, you don't go there unless you want something.

I was horrified to know that such violence had taken place so close to where I live, but I wished that they had busted one of the really bad houses. No such luck.

I still feel safe in my home on my block, no less safe than when I lived downtown. Like a previous poster said, we all have jobs. It's one small business after another, with houses in between and above. We might not all be friends, but we know who we are and we look out for each other.

This sucks, I have to say.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 21:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
It's all bullsh*t. Wellfare is such bullsh*t. It's destroying these neighborhoods, and has been for decades. Look at those beautiful houses over on the West Side, which were the homes of hardworking families who took pride in their neighborhood. Now it's a cesspool, and the streets are not safe over there.

Hopefully, if one positive thing comes from this awful incident, it's that this will wake people up. There has to be a way to tackle the crime in the nasty parts of JC. More police? Cameras at hot intersections?

Tommy, there ARE cameras all around where this took place. Reed St. has been a problem area for decades, long before you decided to buy a brownstone downtown. Somehow, I don't think you know anyone who actually lives in this neighborhood and you assume much. All of my neighbors have ....what do you call them...oh yeah, JOBS!

The shooter and his companion were violent nut jobs, and the man at least seems to have commited violent crimes in SC as well as NJ. Its amazing that more people were not hurt by them. Our prayers are with the injured police officers and their families. Who would want to have people like this living next to them? You don't get to pick your neighbors.

So you're saying that the neighborhood is safe? Any suggestions on how to make it safer? Why aren't cops nailing drug dealers left and right if there are cameras there? Should be like shooting fish in a barrel, no?

I'm more familiar with that area than you may think. I work all over this city.

I know one person who lives on the West Side. She tells me that is not safe, and therefore spends most of her time at her boyfriend's apartment, which is Downtown.

The problem with the cameras which I stated a few times on Jclist is they are not watched as well as you may think. It is pointless to keep putting up more cameras if more people are not hired and better trained to watch them. In the beginning of the use of these cameras they were somewhat more effective. However the criminals adapt to them, when they first were put up the "smarter" criminals began moving there operation out of the view of them. The bolder ones would watch which way they were facing and stand opposite of them. In some cases they even were shooting them out. Once word got out they are not watched well it was business as usual.

As far as the drug dealers in one spot being like shooting fish in a barrel in a way that is true but you are looking at it in the wrong way. Think of it more like you are shooting thousands of fish in a barrel but the ammunition never equals the number of fish and the rate they breed at. By the time you get more ammo new fish are born in that barrel to take there place.

There are so many drug corners in this city and even if you tried their are not enough officers to put one on every one of those corners. For every drug dealer that dies or is arrested it opens a position for a new one to take his place, and the position is always filled right away.

Personally I think the violence should be a priority over the dealers. The shooting that took place yesterday was done by a "stick up kid" people like him are the ones who should be targeted first for arrest and any other violent criminal like him. The less you clog the system with nonviolent drug offenders the more time and room the system has for the violent ones.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
Im am very concerned for Officer Di Nardo. He was shot in the face and is in grave condition. he was dead and they brought him back to life. My prayers are with all of these officers.

This may sound like a rant but it all ties together.

JC Govt needs to get its shit together asap. 1st off anyone with a felony should not be allowed to live in JC projects or get any govt subsidy. I'll take a step further and say welfare/section 8 should only be for a few years unless that person is really dissabled, none of this cronic back pain crap that many of JC welfare recipients complain about.

It boggles my mind how many healthy 20 yr olds are on the govt cheese and get it for the rest of their lives. Its a vicious cycle of welfare/crime that needs to be stopped before the city goes broke. Let them move the hell out.

This quote from jack ass defazio sums up the political correctness gone mad.

Edward DeFazio, the Hudson County prosecutor, said a preliminary review concluded the officers were justified in their use of deadly force. Mr. DeFazio said all five of the wounded officers had exemplary records, including a wide assortment of commendations.

"Justified"? what is he scared Sharpton will hold a protest? Dont these nitwits know sharpton and jesse jackson have lost all credibility. Oh right they need the votes come election time.

Im glad it was only the preliminary review. So how many reviews will they do? Is there a chance the cops used unneccessary force? Police officers are hesitant to draw their weapons because of these bullshiit reviews. Officers have a split 2nd to react in these situations. I wouldnt be surprised if the officer hesistated with all this in the back of his mind. How many rounds did they fire at the suspects? These PC assholes that never shot a gun seem to know just how many bullets it takes to kill a person. little do they know a person riddled with bullets can still return fire before being incapacitated.

Should they have used tasers or pepper spray? Thank god these scumbags died otherwise they would probably sue the city or at the very least and received medical treatment for life,while they take up prison space.

These politicians/govt officials care about getting re elected and/or keeping their cushy bull$hit jobs rather than looking out fot the TAX PAYING residents of Jersey City.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure welfare can only be used for a maximum of 5 years, and not 5 in a row. It has been that way since the 90s thanks to Bill Clinton. Also you can not live in the projects with a felony or drug conviction, anyone in a housing projects with a felony is evicted and in some cases the whole house hold as well. Many people still assume welfare is for life and you can go in and out of the projects with felonies and keep your apartment. The problem with felons in the projects is they return to where they hangout and grew up even when they have a different address or sometimes stay with friends/relatives off of the lease. Criminals know how to work the system no matter how many rules/ laws are in the books.

I do agree with you on section 8 it should not be for life or long periods of time. It should be for a certain amount of time like welfare. At the same time it is not like more and more people are on section 8 since only a certain amount of vouchers are even given. The wait is years long to get section 8 and from what I heard the waiting list is very long. People that truly need it can't get it because of the people that take advantage of it.

Posted on: 2009/7/17 20:13

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017