Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 2009 Jersey City School Board Elections- who to vote for?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Can someone please enlighten me about the budget question, and provide context for it? TIA.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 6:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/21 17:04
Group:
Registered Users
HI. Saw your message. I think Sean Conners is an excellent candidate who brings a timely expertise to the board. He is a juvenile detective with the JCPD. I know him well as he attends our Heights Hope Neighborhood Association meetings frequently and distributes crime and safety tips in our area. He was very helpful with a disruptive traffic and disorderly kids problem we had at Liberty Charter School. He has a great deal of information and experience with the type of crime that is experiencing an increase -- violent juvenile crime. The board needs someone like him. He has many good ideas for managing after hours programs and vocational programming. The after hours CASPER programs are not working to handle latch key children. We need a better approach to handle gang recruitment and police liaison to the schools.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for posting this - I was looking for info on the school board election. I am impressed by how two of the three candidates mentioned have a quantitative background and the other has a business background. That's the kind of knowledge that our school system needs to inculcate in children.

That said, I will vote no on the budget because I can't believe that enough effort has been put into wringing waste out of the $93M budget. I guess I will have to get back by 9 to vote...

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
I just received this email below:

From:Moshe Rozenblit and Team [moshe_rozenblit@yahoo.com]

Tomorrow is a big day for the future of Jersey City. We have been campaigning hard and tomorrow is election day.

The key to improving our schools is integrating new ideas that have proven to work in other urban settings. Our team's goal is to aggressively incorporate these ideas into our schools. Tomorrow, please consider voting for the team of Tom Wilen, Moshe Rozenblit and Eric Goldsmith.

Tom Wilen (A1) is the former CEO of several companies with thousands of employees, and has successfully turned around billion dollars enterprises.

Moshe Rozenblit (A8) has a PhD in Physics and extensive experience in teaching, as well as research and engineering.

Eric Goldsmith (A10) is a financial planner and former high school mathematics teacher.

Running under the banner Jersey City Excellence in Education Now! (www.jceen.org) We are the only candidates who have presented a detailed strategy for lifting standardized test scores from the current bottom 20% of the state to the top 20%. Our strategy is based on steps taken by cities with similar demographics who have achieved remarkable progress: NYC, Washington DC, Chicago and Denver. It includes:

- Revamping the management of JC school district.

- Promoting new quality charter schools, magnet schools and small schools, to the extent desired by parents.

- Empowering parents, teachers and principals.

- Rewarding teachers and principal for outstanding performance.

- Institute transparency and accountability throughout.

- Implement the strictest financial controls.

The outcome of the BOE elections is critical to our city. Quality schools would burnish the image of Jersey City, lift the moral of dedicated teachers, increase real estate value, and above all: provide tens of thousands of children with the quality education every child deserves.

Tomorrow, 4/21/09, please vote for

A1 Tom Wilen
A8 Moshe Rozenblit
A10 Eric Goldmith

Polls are open from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM

This message was sent by: Fulop for Jersey City, Ward "E", Jersey City, NJ 07302

Posted on: 2009/4/21 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Those 3 seem like the best group. That's who i'm voting for.

I don't really like Eric because in an interview with Talking Politics he didnt seem to know much but I think they will do well together.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
In the sample ballot, it looks more like this:

Tom WILEN [1A]
Moshe ROZENBLIT [8A]
Eric J. GOLDSMITH [10A]

Posted on: 2009/4/20 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I just received this email below:

From:Moshe Rozenblit and Team [moshe_rozenblit@yahoo.com]

Tomorrow is a big day for the future of Jersey City. We have been campaigning hard and tomorrow is election day.

The key to improving our schools is integrating new ideas that have proven to work in other urban settings. Our team's goal is to aggressively incorporate these ideas into our schools. Tomorrow, please consider voting for the team of Tom Wilen, Moshe Rozenblit and Eric Goldsmith.

Tom Wilen (A1) is the former CEO of several companies with thousands of employees, and has successfully turned around billion dollars enterprises.

Moshe Rozenblit (A8) has a PhD in Physics and extensive experience in teaching, as well as research and engineering.

Eric Goldsmith (A10) is a financial planner and former high school mathematics teacher.

Running under the banner Jersey City Excellence in Education Now! (www.jceen.org) We are the only candidates who have presented a detailed strategy for lifting standardized test scores from the current bottom 20% of the state to the top 20%. Our strategy is based on steps taken by cities with similar demographics who have achieved remarkable progress: NYC, Washington DC, Chicago and Denver. It includes:

- Revamping the management of JC school district.

- Promoting new quality charter schools, magnet schools and small schools, to the extent desired by parents.

- Empowering parents, teachers and principals.

- Rewarding teachers and principal for outstanding performance.

- Institute transparency and accountability throughout.

- Implement the strictest financial controls.

The outcome of the BOE elections is critical to our city. Quality schools would burnish the image of Jersey City, lift the moral of dedicated teachers, increase real estate value, and above all: provide tens of thousands of children with the quality education every child deserves.

Tomorrow, 4/21/09, please vote for

A1 Tom Wilen
A8 Moshe Rozenblit
A10 Eric Goldmith

Polls are open from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM

This message was sent by: Fulop for Jersey City, Ward "E", Jersey City, NJ 07302

Posted on: 2009/4/20 20:52
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Have board of ed elections always been held at such odd hours (2pm to 9pm)?

Posted on: 2009/4/20 11:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/4/20 3:58

2009 Jersey City School Board Elections- who to vote for?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I have no children and hence do not pay too much attention to the Jersey City schools, but I do vote in every election, and I do feel that a good school system is important to attracting residents with children to Jersey City and helping to keep my property value intact.

I usually vote for the endorsements of the JCEA. Right thing to do or not, I don't know but it's difficult to research all the candidates for school board and there is little press coverage on any of them. This time, there is nothing on the JCEA's website endorsing any candidate(s). So - who to vote for? You tell me, JC List!

And please, serious replies only. Give me a name(s), and why that name(s), if you feel like saying so. The usual B.S. that so commonly pops up here will serve no purpose.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 3:25

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017