Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Change We Can See, Healy's Re-election Slogan, Yeah More Crime, Higher Taxes, No Accountability
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
No problem. Hey I voted for Healy in the last election. In my opinion overall he has not done a good job. Time to make a change.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 20:40

Re: Change We Can See, Healy's Re-election Slogan, Yeah More Crime, Higher Taxes, No Accountability
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Not disputing anything. Sorry, we have had some fakers here lately. Guess my BS meter is malfunctioning. Seriously, I am with you 100%. JC could be so much nicer.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My only interest is to see Jersey City as a better place to live. I'm not running for anything, nor have any interest too. I have a great job, along with a piece of the company I work for in NYC, so again not looking for anything but Jersey City being, safer, cleaner for all of us and if we are going to pay high taxes than lets see something in return. I am just stating facts, not meant to be bashing, if you dispute any of my information, please feel free to inform me.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Healy must be delusional, we have more crime, pay higher taxes, streets are filthier, there are more gangs in Jersey City than ever. Just look at the Central Ave district for example, I lived up the heights for over 20 years, we had nice stores, it was place people could shop, grab a bite to eat. In the evening you have to watch your back, gangs, drugs being sold. The poor senior citizens they don't stand a chance if they want to take a walk in the evening, nice change Healy. Gaughan, has been councilman 16 years in Ward D, great job guys in turning Central Avenue in the opposite direction. Does Gaughan still live in Jersey City, seems he spends more time in Spring Lake, maybe he should run for councilman down the shore. I know there are other areas in Jersey City that have not changed for the best either, I use Central Ave and should mention all of the Heights as an example because it was at one time one of, if not the best section of Jersey City to live, not anymore. So there is the change we can see.

Here are some crime stats to support the rise in crime.

Murder-27 Rape-57 Robbery-1256 Aggravated Assault-954 Burglary-1868 Larceny-4423 Auto Theft-1160 Arson-82 Overall Crime Index-9822

Murder-20 Rape-47 Robbery-1248 Aggravated Assault-1106 Burglary-1504 Larceny-4082 Auto Theft-1218 Arson-100 Overall Crime Index-9325

So that means Murder is up 7, Rape up 10, Robbery up 8, Aggravated Assault down 152, Burglary up 364, Larceny up 341, Auto theft down 58, and Arson down 18. Overall crime is up by almost 500 crimes.

Right on JRL, I to grew up in the heights and watched the demise of this section of JC.Growing up,there were Fur shops, fine clothing stores,quality furniture stores, jewlers, etc, etc,obvious that Cityhall is to blame for all if this, since they turned their backs on everyone in the heights...

what a shame!

Posted on: 2009/1/20 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
JRL joined yesterday and all 14 of his posts have been mayor bashing.

I am no fan of the Healy, but seriously JRL, what did this guy do to you? Outside of a concerned citizen, what sort of interest do you have in this? Are YOU running for mayor?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 20:02

Change We Can See, Healy's Re-election Slogan, Yeah More Crime, Higher Taxes, No Accountability
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Healy must be delusional, we have more crime, pay higher taxes, streets are filthier, there are more gangs in Jersey City than ever. Just look at the Central Ave district for example, I lived up the heights for over 20 years, we had nice stores, it was place people could shop, grab a bite to eat. In the evening you have to watch your back, gangs, drugs being sold. The poor senior citizens they don't stand a chance if they want to take a walk in the evening, nice change Healy. Gaughan, has been councilman 16 years in Ward D, great job guys in turning Central Avenue in the opposite direction. Does Gaughan still live in Jersey City, seems he spends more time in Spring Lake, maybe he should run for councilman down the shore. I know there are other areas in Jersey City that have not changed for the best either, I use Central Ave and should mention all of the Heights as an example because it was at one time one of, if not the best section of Jersey City to live, not anymore. So there is the change we can see.

Here are some crime stats to support the rise in crime.

Murder-27 Rape-57 Robbery-1256 Aggravated Assault-954 Burglary-1868 Larceny-4423 Auto Theft-1160 Arson-82 Overall Crime Index-9822

Murder-20 Rape-47 Robbery-1248 Aggravated Assault-1106 Burglary-1504 Larceny-4082 Auto Theft-1218 Arson-100 Overall Crime Index-9325

So that means Murder is up 7, Rape up 10, Robbery up 8, Aggravated Assault down 152, Burglary up 364, Larceny up 341, Auto theft down 58, and Arson down 18. Overall crime is up by almost 500 crimes.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 19:46

Re: We can thank our Mayor for the crime problem in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Really, on average every day 3 cars get stolen!?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Willy_Lopez wrote:
Crime in Jersey City by Year according to city-data.com First and Last year on their graph. Aside from flucuating murder numbers, everything else has been consistently going down.

**edit, that was a mess.

Actually crime went up for 2008, here are the numbers added up from the JCPD website compared to last years total. Keep in mind they don't edit there site once they post so it can be higher then what they gave. For example the murders missing from there site. ( I gave the real murder count anyway)

Posted on: 2009/1/20 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JRL wrote:
I agree with you 100%....We need a search for a Police Chief. Besides living 50 miles away, some example Comey sets being so out of shape. It all starts with leadership. Between our Mayor and Police Chief..zero leadership!

Right on, what kind of impression does he convey, he looks like a walking heart attack just waiting to happen and healy has been nothing but an embarrasment to this city with all of his escapades, amazing how these guys are at the helm of the 2nd largest city in the state??

Says alot about the locals...

Posted on: 2009/1/20 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with you 100%....We need a search for a Police Chief. Besides living 50 miles away, some example Comey sets being so out of shape. It all starts with leadership. Between our Mayor and Police Chief..zero leadership!

Posted on: 2009/1/20 14:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/27 12:39
Group:
Registered Users
speaking of high taxes and where it's going?

mister healey, not too long ago, gave liberty science center a multi million dollar INTEREST FREE loan! i'm not sure if he got approval from a board of whatever to yank out a couple of millions dollars to GIVE liberty science center but yeah he did it interest free...

what no one realized until after the fact is that msiter healey is on the LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER BOARD OF TRUSTEES!

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _city_mayor_have_con.html

Posted on: 2009/1/20 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:
You are correct about cops not living in Jersey City, again a leadership problem. Our Mayor must address that and we must mandate cops live in Jersey City, otherwise, how will they care about Jersey City.

More important would be the need to mandate that the police chief live in Jersey City.
We have not had a decent Police Chief in Years.It has been one political hack after another,hired more for their ability to hang campaign signs then their ability to lead a police force.Chief Comey lives fifty miles away.
The chief and his family should deal with the same issues that we all face everyday.

There should be a nationwide search for a Chief like Bill Bratton or
Ray Kelly.The candidates for Mayor should be asked who they would pick for Chief as it impacts all of our lives everyday.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 12:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey at the end of the day, I'm for who will hold themselves accountable as Mayor and come out against crime and do something about it. Our current Mayor won't even admit there are gangs running around Jersey City and is delusional as he says statistics show crime is down.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The OP is OBVIOUSLY shilling for Manzo on this and other posts. You want real change? Someone who is not a "machine" candidate? Vote Dan Levin.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
teacher wrote:
But more realistically, perhaps some firemen can wait for fires at random spots, not their firehouses, to act as deterants and potential eye witnesses.

And maybe we could position municipal office workers around the city. You know, just to keep an eye out.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/1/19 22:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/2 4:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Over the last few months I have attended some association meetings. At these meetings, the number one topic has been quality of life in Jersey City, mainly the crime issue. These meetings also had some police officers attending and they all say the same thing - they do not have enough manpower nor the tools and equipment to do the proper job.
The population continues to grow in Jersey City and the police force does not. That is a recipe for disaster. Now no doubt Healy will say Jersey City does not have the money to resolve this problem. Well, when our mayor and his administration do not do whatever it takes to protect their citizens and let us continue with the status quo and live in danger, then he and the administration do not belong running Jersey City.
The mayor and his administration are accountable for this situation. We have extremely high taxes. Where are our taxes going? The number one place should be towards citizen safety.
We must vote Healy and most of the current administration out! Citizens of Jersey City, it is up to us to elect officials that can get the job done - manage and spend our taxes correctly, provide a great quality of life, and ensure public safety. Jersey City is a prime location and should be a world-class city. It will not happen under this administration.

Quality of life issues will allways be a sore topic with any JC administration.The NID was created during the the Schundler adm to deal with these issues and it was basicaly a paper tiger.The city council has to get tough and pass legislation in favor of JC for EX any and all police raNK &FILE should be mandated to live in Jersey city for the length of their Tenure, afterall the money comes from hard working JC Constituents.

Just my 5 cents.

I 2nd this motion. The cops should live here.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
You got one side of the story. Remember, there is always the other side, and then there is the truth.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
For the growth we have had in Jersey City, Healy has not done enough! While in numbers there might be more cop on the street, there are not enough to protect our city. Crime keeps rising, accountability belongs to the MAYOR, the leader of the city. You are correct about cops not living in Jersey City, again a leadership problem. Our Mayor must address that and we must mandate cops live in Jersey City, otherwise, how will they care about Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 21:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:
The population continues to grow in Jersey City and the police force does not. That is a recipe for disaster.

Clearly the answer is to sterilize criminals so they can't reproduce. That way, only law-abiding citizens will increase the population.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 20:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JRL wrote:
Over the last few months I have attended some association meetings. At these meetings, the number one topic has been quality of life in Jersey City, mainly the crime issue. These meetings also had some police officers attending and they all say the same thing - they do not have enough manpower nor the tools and equipment to do the proper job.
The population continues to grow in Jersey City and the police force does not. That is a recipe for disaster. Now no doubt Healy will say Jersey City does not have the money to resolve this problem. Well, when our mayor and his administration do not do whatever it takes to protect their citizens and let us continue with the status quo and live in danger, then he and the administration do not belong running Jersey City.
The mayor and his administration are accountable for this situation. We have extremely high taxes. Where are our taxes going? The number one place should be towards citizen safety.
We must vote Healy and most of the current administration out! Citizens of Jersey City, it is up to us to elect officials that can get the job done - manage and spend our taxes correctly, provide a great quality of life, and ensure public safety. Jersey City is a prime location and should be a world-class city. It will not happen under this administration.

Quality of life issues will allways be a sore topic with any JC administration.The NID was created during the the Schundler adm to deal with these issues and it was basicaly a paper tiger.The city council has to get tough and pass legislation in favor of JC for EX any and all police raNK &FILE should be mandated to live in Jersey city for the length of their Tenure, afterall the money comes from hard working JC Constituents.

Just my 5 cents.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 20:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/24 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:

The cops are constantly asking for more, more, more. Healy has put more cops on the street and you want more ? The biggest piece of the City budget is for public safety. Are you ready to pay more taxes for cops who don't live in the City and get law degrees while on the job ?

Posted on: 2009/1/19 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/25 16:52
Group:
Banned
I think the criminals are to blame.
When I run for mayor, I'll lobby for public executions, that should quite things down a bit.
But more realistically, perhaps some firemen can wait for fires at random spots, not their firehouses, to act as deterants and potential eye witnesses.
They should be equipted to contact local police at a push of a button.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
THAN LETS MAKE SURE HEALY DOES NOT GET RE-ELECTED!!! VOTE HIM OUT!!!!!

Posted on: 2009/1/19 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
So much for those tiny SMART cars and the on-going press release from both Comey and Healy during the past year on how JC doesn't have a crime problem !
What about those 'you beaut' CCTV cameras to fight 'quality of life' crimes?
Not to worry, Healy will be re-elected and Comey will keep his job but I wonder how they are going to fudge the crime figures again at election time ?

Posted on: 2009/1/19 19:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

We can thank our Mayor for the crime problem in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/19 19:43

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017