Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Can anyone in local goverment hold thier drink (Lipski this time)?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Well I went to the city council caucus tonight, although I didn't get there until after 8pm. No sign of Lipski, and I was told later he left early. Guess he wanted to avoid the reporters and constituents coming up to him when the meeting ended. Or maybe he had an AA meeting to go to.

Councilman Lipski left the Council meeting early to attend the CREATE Charter School board meeting.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Well I went to the city council caucus tonight, although I didn't get there until after 8pm. No sign of Lipski, and I was told later he left early. Guess he wanted to avoid the reporters and constituents coming up to him when the meeting ended. Or maybe he had an AA meeting to go to.

Posted on: 2008/11/25 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Wasn't Steve Hyman one of the people who spoke on Lipski's behalf after the DC incident?

Seems they are both in a spot of trouble.
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=177529#forumpost177529

Posted on: 2008/11/24 17:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
If you can't wait to question him at the next open council meeting, may I suggest you do so here:
J.C. Families for better schools, a 380 member strong yahoo group.
Not only is he a member of this open group, but also posts and responds to messages. His message posting activity is as a recent as the past day. I'm sure many other members of the group will be interesrted in hearing your response. Thanks and good luck.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Binky wrote:
caj,

I suggest contacting state government. They issue the charter for Create, and are responsible for making sure that the school fulfills all requirements.

There are people out there who have been found guilty of public urination, are now forced to register as Sex Offenders, and are ineligible for employment in public schools.

I'd think that the State would frown on having Lipski in any position with a charter school, and they hold the purse strings.
Organize some letters or calls to them.

Good luck.

I really want to be at the next meeting, and perhaps calling the state would be a good idea.

Lipski also has his wife on the Create payroll. Nice work if you can get it.

Lipski may have done a lot of tireless work to found Create Charter, but he also gets paid $105,000+ to run it, he's not doing it purely out of the goodness of his heart, even if his biography on the City Council website indicates as such. If I knew how to tap into the state tax dollars like that, perhaps I would do the same. There are a lot of small businesses you can start that involve the same amount of effort and sleepless nights, but it is highly unlikely you will net $105,000 in your first year. And chances are you're either investing your own money or using a bank loan that you are personally liable for.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
caj,

I suggest contacting state government. They issue the charter for Create, and are responsible for making sure that the school fulfills all requirements.

There are people out there who have been found guilty of public urination, are now forced to register as Sex Offenders, and are ineligible for employment in public schools.

I'd think that the State would frown on having Lipski in any position with a charter school, and they hold the purse strings.

Good luck.

I really want to be at the next meeting, and perhaps calling the state would be a good idea.

Lipski may have done a lot of tireless work to found Create Charter, but he also gets paid $105,000+ to run it, he's not doing it purely out of the goodness of his heart, even if his biography on the City Council website indicates as such. If I knew how to tap into the state tax dollars like that, perhaps I would do the same. There are a lot of small businesses you can start that involve the same amount of effort and sleepless nights, but it is highly unlikely you will net $105,000 in your first year. And chances are you're either investing your own money or using a bank loan that you are personally liable for.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 5:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
caj,

Good luck.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
mwa7368 wrote:
I say who cares if you are, you should wear a tape recorder and Lipski's friends, if he has any left, can threaten you all they want and you can play it for the media and the lame a$$ story can stay alive. [quote]

Not a bad idea, now that you mention it. I'm still waiting for a letter or threatening phone call where one of his "people" will tell me to STFU. I won't, so what if the truth hurts, until Mr. Lipski resigns from Create Charter.

Posted on: 2008/11/24 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I say who cares if you are, you should wear a tape recorder and Lipski's friends, if he has any left, can threaten you all they want and you can play it for the media and the lame a$$ story can stay alive. This guy is seriously a class a loser I mean really a piece of $%hit and people should be embarrassed for voting him into office. He is a weasel in the way he says "Oh it is a disease and I don't need to take responsibility for my actions" is dispicable. You know what, if I got hammered went out and drove my car into someones house and killed them, that excuse wouldn't fly and it shouldn't fly for him...period!
The fact that this isn't common sense is the whole problem with Jersey to begin with.

Posted on: 2008/11/23 8:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
The four workers face several administrative charges, including conduct unbecoming a public official.

This was from a story about board of ed. employees. It is amazing that those "public officials" in charge are quick to hit a subordinate with these charges, but they won't hit other in charge them. Epps went to London and got caught putting his personal charges through the Board of Ed. as expenses. Yet, here he is accusing others of Conduct unbecoming. If these charges exsist in the school's why don't they exists in the City Goverment. Why shouldn't Healy, Flood, Tibaryi (not sure how to spell his name), Lipski, and all the others be charged with "conduct unbecoming". 3 of the 4 listed above have brought negative attention to Jersey City on local, regional, and national television.

Well, double standards in Jersey City government are hardly anything new...

I do not want this story to die. Hopefully it can be kept alive long enough until Mr. Lipski has to go to court in DC in January. If I speak at a city council meeting like this, will I be threatened by Mr. Lipski's friends on the police force or elsehwhere?

Posted on: 2008/11/22 21:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
The four workers face several administrative charges, including conduct unbecoming a public official.

This was from a story about board of ed. employees. It is amazing that those "public officials" in charge are quick to hit a subordinate with these charges, but they won't hit other in charge them. Epps went to London and got caught putting his personal charges through the Board of Ed. as expenses. Yet, here he is accusing others of Conduct unbecoming. If these charges exsist in the school's why don't they exists in the City Goverment. Why shouldn't Healy, Flood, Tibaryi (not sure how to spell his name), Lipski, and all the others be charged with "conduct unbecoming". 3 of the 4 listed above have brought negative attention to Jersey City on local, regional, and national television.

Posted on: 2008/11/22 16:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
I have called the city council and Create Charter School about this, and left messages. To this date, no response from either. I guess they're waiting for me to just go away.

Of course they are just like they are waiting for the whole incident to go away. They are going to protect him until everyone forgets about this, and he will continue being the man that he is.

Posted on: 2008/11/22 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Ai, ai, ai, doesn't he realize that as an alcoholic he should be held to a higher, rather than lesser, standard. Some of my best friends are very functional alcoholics. The very idea of getting drunk and pissing on (even) Grateful Dead cover band fans is unthinkable. Perhaps it would be excusable for a 20 year old frat boy but a 40 something adult?!?!

Doing a great a 12 hour day, getting pissed, and doing it all over the next day is more like it.

Posted on: 2008/11/22 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We learn fast at CREATE, thanks Mr. LIPSKI

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/22 4:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have called the city council and Create Charter School about this, and left messages. To this date, no response from either. I guess they're waiting for me to just go away.

Posted on: 2008/11/22 2:22

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/24 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/21 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
God damn graffiti artists !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/21 20:18
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/14 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
Amazingly stupid man-child acts of common petty criminal nuisance should play no part in an all-important public service. Holding office should be reserved for the best qualified candidates.

These positions are not a charity but intensely important to the everyday lives of thousands of hard working residents who pay taxes for the best public service available. Don't be swindeled by fast talking politicians and rushed to print editorials demonstrating further poor judgement and lack basic moral judgement. There is far too much money involved in real estate developement and Jersey City politics to be trusted to those who demonstrate at best incompetence and even outright gross dereliction of duty and dishonesty.

Posted on: 2008/11/21 15:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Indeed. He may inspire some of these kids to go drop a deuce onto traffic from above the covered roadway.

LOL disturbingly funny.

Posted on: 2008/11/20 10:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Indeed. He may inspire some of these kids to go drop a deuce onto traffic from above the covered roadway.

Posted on: 2008/11/20 5:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Giovanni wrote:
Whata POS!

Resized Image

No shame! Pathetic, really.

He sits on the planning board and he was out with developer "friends"?

Resign or face the election results.

I have no doubt in my mind that these kids were either hand-picked, didn't know the implcations of what they were doing or the entire scene was merely orchestrated, as the editor of the article seems to indicate (after all, Mr. Lipski knew the reporter was coming to the school).

Are you kidding? These kids are in awe of this man. He pissed off a balcony at a rock concert! Does it get any cooler than that? Get in touch with your inner 14 year old.
BTW - he's got that Michael Madsen look goin on in this pic

Posted on: 2008/11/20 5:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Someone get this guy away from the kids....please Fulop, HELP FIX JC's politicians blatant disregard for citizens and the city's well-being !!!

Posted on: 2008/11/20 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Giovanni wrote:
Whata POS!

Resized Image

I have no doubt in my mind that these kids were either hand-picked, didn't know the implcations of what they were doing or the entire scene was merely orchestrated, as the editor of the article seems to indicate (after all, Mr. Lipski knew the reporter was coming to the school).

Posted on: 2008/11/20 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
I know the Lipski's in trouble for his urination habits, but really this guy is a giant turd. You don't get to urinate on a crowd of people and then (1) dismiss it as a rare occurrence, plead alcoholism, expect people to sympathize with you, and then (2) whine whine whine about how you feel the media is mistreating you when they call you out on your mishandling of the whole situation.

The Insider columnist had a perfect response.

Someone needs to give this guy the hook before he brings any more embarrassment to this city.

Posted on: 2008/11/20 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
What really sucks is we can't call him "Tipski" because he was so much more than that.

Posted on: 2008/11/19 23:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/14 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
Whata POS!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/19 22:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/27 13:32
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not sure which is the most horrifying aspect of Lipski's editorial:

That he doesn't seem to understand that editorials are indeed opinion pieces, and thus newspapers have the right to voice their opinions?

His astoundingly poor writing skills? I mean, come on... if you're going to run a piece in the paper, make sure you have a literate staffer help you out!

The fact that the children at CREATE are involved in this matter at all, whether or not they were coerced into holding a rally for him. This is not a story for young children to learn about at school.

Nope, for me, the thing that is the most horrifying is his flagrant unapologetic nature. Dude, you effed up. Apologize once and quietly disappear. You are only making things much much worse by arguing back. That editorial is the last nail in his political coffin.

GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE ASAP.

Posted on: 2008/11/19 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Squinting through the fog, and spin
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

T his is a short column because the space where the Insider is usually found is being used by Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski complaining about how editorial commentary in The Jersey Journal tried to make him look bad. Read his letter first to make more sense of the following.

Now, let's succinctly cork some of his fine whine.

Comparing Gov. McGreevey's declaration that he was a gay American with Lipski's "I am an alcoholic" was about the councilman's attempt to fog over the real issue - he allegedly urinated on people and hid his previous DUI arrest in Pennsylvania. By writing about how alcohol is a disease and homosexuality is not, Lipski is looking for sympathy.

What we have learned from this is that the councilman, while willing to talk to reporters, at times has not been forthcoming with all the facts. So excuse this columnist for taking whatever he says with a grain of salt.

There was a reference to his being at that fateful concert venue balcony with some buddies. Lipski is upset that it was suggested that the pals were connected to developers. There was only one person this newspaper could confirm was with Lipski that D.C. evening and that was architect Dennis Devino of Jersey City.

A Devino employee did say the architect's office just moved to Jersey City from Hoboken, where a Devino had worked with Toll Brothers - the big developer proposing the Provost Square project in the Jersey City Powerhouse Arts District. It's probably just a coincidence that the architects have the same name.

The rest of his letter is, to be polite, silly.

The complete article with non Lipski related content at:
http://www.nj.com/jjournal/stories/in ... 27083178126310.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2008/11/19 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
IN THEIR OPINION
Reporting of my situation balanced, commentaries not
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
By STEVE LIPSKI

JERSEY CITY COUNCILMAN

Y our newspaper states about my recent fiasco in Washington and my statements about it afterward that it "cannot allow a political explanation by Jersey City Councilman Steve Lipski to blind his constituents in Journal Square to the character of the person representing them on the City Council." My character is not made up solely of the two alcohol-related arrests, as was communicated by my wife to one of your reporters.

I am embarrassed and ashamed that I have made the front page of your paper every day this past week, but I believe the reporting to have been balanced.

I am outraged, however, by two editorials this paper has recently published about me. The first one is the Political Insider's column of Nov. 12 that claims those who accompanied me to Washington, D.C., "were good buddies of his (mine), which means they are somehow connected to developers." In my press release on Nov. 10, I stated that I traveled with "two very close friends, one of whom I have known since kindergarten and had gone to Dead shows back in the seventies and eighties." I know that this distinction pales in comparison to the god-awful deed of which I am accused; but, it does make me wonder that if I had not been such a strong advocate for development and abatements would the Political Insider have been more thoughtful and thorough in his comments?

Further, the Political Insider writes, "[i]t seems that Lipski is pulling the Gov. Jim McGreevey defense. Instead of saying he's gay, Lipski said, 'I'm an alcoholic.' It is more of a political position than for use in a D.C. courtroom." Alcoholism has been part of the DSM classification system since its inception in 1952. In 1974, the DSM-II no longer listed homosexuality as a category of disorder. Alcoholism is a disease, being gay is not!

Medical classification systems aside, saying that I am pulling a Gov. Jim McGreevey is quite a stretch of the imagination. Up until Gov. McGreevey announced his resignation, he is not known to have sought any help. I, on the other hand, after my arrest for driving intoxicated in Pennsylvania, went to intensive outpatient counseling in North Brunswick as well as countless alcohol addiction meetings. I was sober for a year and 11 months. I fell off the wagon in Washington because things were going so well in my life, and I did not think that partying one night would matter. I was wrong.

The Political Insider concludes his article by asking, "Does he believe that his rehab effort and his mea culpa - without specifically saying what's he's sorry about - entitle him to run for re-election?" Re-elections aside, I am ashamed, embarrassed, and sorry for all my alcohol-related wrongdoings. I cannot speak about the specifics of what happened in Washington, D.C., because what the paper looks for in an admission of guilt is different from what a court of law looks for in an admission of guilt; and, I believe, I am entitled to the same courtesy and due process of law as those about whom you report in the crime section of this newspaper.

The other editorial that has outraged me was written Nov. 14, (Sad: Lipski's use of pupils as props). It states, "To show he has support, he had some students from his CREATE Charter School lined up on the school's front steps with a sign reading 'CREATE is with you Lipski.'" On Wednesday, Nov. 12, Charles Hack, a reporter for this newspaper, contacted me about an article he was writing about the Washington, D.C., incident. I informed him that I was on my way back to the school from a meeting and that if he wished to meet me, we could meet around 3 o'clock. Mr. Hack arrived around the same time I did at the school to find an auditorium full of students sharing their support for me. With Mr. Hack was a photographer. The photographer wanted to take a photo of the students with me, so it was suggested that we go outside. The photographer lined up the students and me and took about two dozen group and individual shots. Your newspaper made the decision to run with the group photo of the students behind me, not me. I had no influence over your photo selection process; and, I feel as if your editorial board set my students and me up for your highly critical editorial.

This same editorial column comments that had I been an administrator in a suburban school, officials would have removed me from my position. This statement is not necessarily true. School boards are comprised of humans whose decisions differ from one board to the next; and, the legal offenses with which I have been charged do not affect my licenses.

It is ironic that this newspaper's editorial staff blasts me for alcohol-related wrongdoings and for admitting that I'm an alcoholic when in a separate editorial, (City being defined by pols and booze" 11/13/08), this paper calls for people to admit they have an alcohol problem and the administration to provide a program for those who want help. Which is it? Help or hurt?

I fully take responsibility and accountability for my actions; I hope the editorial board of this newspaper will do likewise.

EDITOR'S NOTE: When an interview was requested, Mr. Lipski urged the reporter to hurry to the school because he said students were anxious to show their support for him. Upon arriving, the councilman shepherded the students out, lined them up, and provided the sign in the photograph. The photographer questioned the use of the students and asked them if they wanted to remain. They said they did and Mr. Lipski encouraged their participation.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal/stories/in ... 27083172126310.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2008/11/19 17:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/4 18:24
Group:
Registered Users
That fact that a councilman behaves moronically is nothing new to Jersey City. Many have done far worse (some discovered, some not) and risen to be mayor. Over the years either the citizens have been forgiving or immune to it all. However, this guy runs a school! I don't care if he remains a councilman, they're impact is minimal. Just get him out of the way of kids and education.

Posted on: 2008/11/19 17:31

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017