Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Remember the 911 commission report says that a handful of conspirators lived in Jersey City?

Remember in 2007, when the feds carted away a clerk at a grove street bodega because he was actually a Pakistani assassin?

Today, there was another "parade". Men yelling arabic through a megaphone down montgomery and grove street?Assembling at city hall. #Noise #traffic problems #paidpolicepresence

AND, no one bats an eye. No facebook group, No online petition...

"Now, I'm not saying all muslims are terrorist...I'm just saying they might be." - Cartman

AND, until a bunch of spray-tanned girls in chetah print mini skirts fly a commercial airplane into a skycraper?I'm cool with them living in my neighborhood.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 6:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/23 2:55
Group:
Registered Users
I filmed this gem in the summer of 2010. NSFW (audio and violence) Like all New Jersey reality TV this will undoubtedly dish out another black eye to our reputation. It is what it is.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 6:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/15 0:21
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
This has turned into another very interesting thread. I must admit all of your ?con? replies have made me change my mind. Forget all of my ?pro? Jwoww/Snookie posts above. (sorry girls) Boy was I wrong. Especially after reading the ?JC experience in one night? thread. I see why you don?t want 2 little girls in DTJC. You are all afraid that they will drink you under the table aren?t you? And if that ever got out ..JC would be the laughing stock of the country. (not just the butt of local NYC jokes)

Did you even notice how a lot of the threads here deal with Drinking, Eating, Nightlife, Gym, Universal hair salon?s, and the E-dating? (DENGUE.. not the fever) Is there a bar going in on Grove? What?s the new food place going in the DD space? How?s the crowd over at Barcade at night? Anyone try out Gold?s Gym? Did the new hair place open on Newark yet? And E-dating hookup stories.. we need more of them?please. (ok and for the record I have never seen a ?did anyone ever pee themselves? thread here) So isn?t DENGUE what other 20 something?s like Jwoww and Snookie think about and do? ( not the pee part) Is it all that bad? Yes I guess so.

That ?one night in JC? thread lists every bar in DTJC. You even gave ?Drinking? it?s own category. (and you guys don?t like people partying?) Yes Jowow and Snookie coming here will be the worst thing to happen to JC since the Black Tom explosion of 1916!! (women and children..first!)

Now I understand we want to project a family and business friendly image to the outside world. We don?t want to mess up the JC gentrification that was started way way back in the mid 80?s. That would be a set back..Christ it has taken long enough to get to a point where we once again have live entertainment. Some of those early pioneers are sitting in nursing homes as we speak I am sure they won?t want their advances scarified.

OK we can?t stop the MTV train it?s too late, it?s already rolling. (speaking of trains, bless you Brother Cornelius..right on) But like I said in an above post the city should buy some prime commercial spots during the airing of the new Jwoow and Snookie show on MTV to counter the ill effects of their JC antics.

I was checking out youtube looking for positive videos about JC and 3 caught my eye. The city can maybe seek permission to use them instead of trying to shoot it?s own saving a bundle on production costs. (and off duty cop overtime)

Maybe we here on jclist can come up with a way to incorporate the 3 videos into one commercial showing the good things in JC. Or keep all three as is. I can?t decide. I would want to show something that would indeed blank out every thing Jwoww and Snookie did in JC during the first half hour of their show and the last half hour too. We can?t buy and hand out 8 million Men in Black neutralizer ..they go for $39.99 on ebay. Maybe we use this cheap neutralizer demonstration for the spot but it will wipe too much out? I don?t want to lose my fond memories of the 70?s. Snookie zapper
So I think the JC commercials are the way to go.

A feel JC good video spot at ?half time? and one at the end of the show will suffice.

I was thinking of the below three?.this is JC like it or not. (I happen to like it..the music and beat ..not so much the rhymes) ( It seems the Webmaster is open minded and I hope doesn?t mind the links, if so he could disable the links..and you can look them up in the google)

(Warning: if you can?t handle certain words or lyrics that are common in rap music then DO NOT view these links, although every kid from the burbs to the city listens to this stuff)

(Warning: if you don?t like the links..I would NOT say it on a public site ..if you know what I mean?)

(Warning: if you don?t want to have the ?ear worm? of ?Jersey Cit-a-y knows how to P-A-R-T-A-Y!? then DO NOT view link number 1)

1-Jersey City- We be Wylin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkDn108TKvw

(I like this one because it shows all sections of JC, love the JC signage, LSP, waterfront, and powerhouse shots. Also gives a shout out to my old hood..Marion. It has a great solo song after the first song ..a guy named Jackson.. great voice )

2-Block Royal ? The Jersey City Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QsTUetT5M0

(this is another good one showcasing many places in JC, hey it even has some of the Downtown high-rises on Montgomery over by the Beacon. Also has cameo appearances by the owner of Ringside and an R.I.P to Gatti. Great lines about JC??a city full of innovators?, they even mention something about ?all the new bars? must be talking about DTJC..cool)

3-Jersey City Artists ? ?Roll Call 201 (Version 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1PrjKLaMHk

( this one is just great because it really showcases some great voices and talent in JC. Also I like one of these guys. He sings about protecting all of us in JC? ?a warning to those who ain?t from MY city, you can visit but don?t cross the gun line silly?..watch out !)

***note to the MTV ?script? writers?err I mean ?scouts?..(right maybeMoving?). How about getting some of the above talent on some kind of show or event on MTV? You would really be helping out some kids who could use a push ..hopefully in the right direction. (although I think I read some are already having legal problems..too late?)

JC people these youngsters got some talent. The voices and production of the videos are A-plus really polished. I wonder why we never saw any of them on American Idol or America?s Got Talent?oh never mind. If you have some time check out other JC videos on youtube?some are pretty good. (some are pretty scary ..did I just say that ..oh no it wasn?t me?it was err?Bob from Hoboken)

Posted on: 2012/2/13 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Vindication, you sure do know a lot about a show you purportedly hate. "Just sayin'"

Posted on: 2012/2/13 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

It affects me because

1) In that 6 week time span, that show will attract some of the worst people to the city which will (if similar to past seasons) bring about unlawfulness, noise, and traffic to the city.

2) jersey city's reputation will be tarnished and since I am a resident of jersey city, I am against this

3) it will detract the people JC needs to desperately attract: working professionals, families, and developers.

1. Have you been out in JC on a friday night? The crowd at some of the bars and at PATH stations isn't exactly grade A.

2. JC's reputation, as others have pointed out, isn't that great at the moment.

3. Of course. A TV show on a cable channel for a few weeks trumps proximity to job centers, access to entertainment, and convenience of the urban lifestyle. I can see why this Jersey Shore spinoff will lead to a mass exodus of tenants from those luxury waterfront towers. And all those developers who've already spent millions of dollars securing land and bribing politicians to get tax abatements for the next wave of downtown development will probably be walking away from their property after this show airs.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 3:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/13 2:42
From The Island
Group:
Registered Users
coming back home from the kraverie around 4pm i saw a move in truck outside of the aforementioned building. the front door was wide open. looked like a nice ascending stair case ....?

I wonder if that place had been on the market long

Posted on: 2012/2/13 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by WhoElseCouldIBe on 2012/2/12 19:40:53 Snooki was assaulted by someone who wasn't on the show. What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing except it was taped on a show called "Jersey Shore" which made MTV millions of dollars because it generated buzz because it shows a man forcefully punching a woman who later on continues to drink and party....

Of course, jersey shore fans will say that MTV ran a PSA before the show and the offensive clip was taken out of the aired show....and that makes it completely okay to air this garbage or be okay with this garbage in this city.

People are always complaining that NY dumps its garbage in NJ..well this case is no different. I actually rather have real garbage. I can at least wash off the stink....

Posted on: 2012/2/13 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Yes, women beating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHE1t36m2V4

You remember...what put the show on the map in the first place? Showing a woman get decked by a guy....

If you ask 100 people to name the 3 things most associated with seaside heights, I bet you the jersey shore will pop up on that list.

Miami and Florence don't have that problem because they already have established reputations....how about jersey city? What are we known for? Do you know the ratings that awful show gets? Do you know how many dumb people watch that show? Don't you think people will associate JC with the jersey shore if it is popular?

It affects me because

1) In that 6 week time span, that show will attract some of the worst people to the city which will (if similar to past seasons) bring about unlawfulness, noise, and traffic to the city.

2) jersey city's reputation will be tarnished and since I am a resident of jersey city, I am against this

3) it will detract the people JC needs to desperately attract: working professionals, families, and developers.

you're right, mercy didn't bring a lot of attention to JC....hey, which season is mercy on? Oh yeah, it got canceled after one season due to low ratings. That Jersey Shore show has low ratings too right? Has no influence on pop culture or kids?

Snooki was assaulted by someone who wasn't on the show. What does that have to do with anything?

Posted on: 2012/2/13 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Miami and Florence don't have that problem because they already have established reputations....how about jersey city? What are we known for?

What are we known for?

Gangs, drugs, police shootings, failing schools, abbott district which pays their superintendent 300K per year, ghetto, drunk idiot mayor, political corruption, crime....and Liberty Science Center.

Honestly, that's what people think of JC.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
This is laughable at best. You really truly think that by filming this show for 6 weeks here, which will amount to about 6 or 7 episodes on television, that all of a sudden Jersey City will be a magnet for "jersey shore types?" Get real. Unless you are the actual producers, it's all hearsay and speculation. No one knows what kind of a show this will be. Didn't they film Mercy here? Boy, that really brought an influx of people in here. Doctors moved in like crazy thinking it was a town with a big high brow hospital. You know Jersey City has also been on "Cops" as well right? Did you go out and protest that? In YOUR world, this is really really big news. The reality is, it won't affect you in the least bit. Get a hobby and I can guarantee you 6 weeks will fly by and you won't even know anything regarding a tv show with 2 of the people from jersey shore ever happened.

Also, yes, I'm sorry I passed judgement. I could be wrong. The show could be "JWOW" and "Snooki" teaching children science like Bill Nye. Or it could be an educational show for pre-school kids like sesame street. Or, it could be a show about Jersey City and our historical roots to the revolutionary war. Wait wait, maybe it's a political show in which "Jwow" and "Snooki" teach us how we are too partisan and how we should come together for the better good.

You're right, it might be any of these things! Give me a break...

Posted on: 2012/2/13 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, women beating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHE1t36m2V4

You remember...what put the show on the map in the first place? Showing a woman get decked by a guy....

If you ask 100 people to name the 3 things most associated with seaside heights, I bet you the jersey shore will pop up on that list.

Miami and Florence don't have that problem because they already have established reputations....how about jersey city? What are we known for? Do you know the ratings that awful show gets? Do you know how many dumb people watch that show? Don't you think people will associate JC with the jersey shore if it is popular?

It affects me because

you're right, mercy didn't bring a lot of attention to JC....hey, which season is mercy on? Oh yeah, it got canceled after one season due to low ratings. That Jersey Shore show has low ratings too right? Has no influence on pop culture or kids?

Posted on: 2012/2/13 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

When I walk around Downtown, I do see the homeless, drunk individuals. Much less than 10, 5, or even 3 years ago. I see political corruption and high property taxes. That can change...and it has changed...

I ALSO and MOST IMPORTANTLY see businesses coming to the area, working professionals and families coming to the area. Developers creating Liberty Harbor North and adding numerous other development projects. I see schools improving, parks being retaken by families and kids. I see Wall Street West and very high potential for Jersey City to be as highly regarded as brooklyn and more highly regarded than Queens and the Bronx.

I see an area that doesn't need Jersey Shore and the women beating, it's okay to be promiscuous, not think about your future type of people that show will bring to the area. I see an area that doesn't need people who think the most three most important things in life are gym, tan, and laundry. I see an area that can be held in the same regard as Hoboken. JC pride you can say is what I have....I wish more people on this board had more of it

This is laughable at best. You really truly think that by filming this show for 6 weeks here, which will amount to about 6 or 7 episodes on television, that all of a sudden Jersey City will be a magnet for "jersey shore types?" Get real. Unless you are the actual producers, it's all hearsay and speculation. No one knows what kind of a show this will be. Didn't they film Mercy here? Boy, that really brought an influx of people in here. Doctors moved in like crazy thinking it was a town with a big high brow hospital. You know Jersey City has also been on "Cops" as well right? Did you go out and protest that? In YOUR world, this is really really big news. The reality is, it won't affect you in the least bit. Get a hobby and I can guarantee you 6 weeks will fly by and you won't even know anything regarding a tv show with 2 of the people from jersey shore ever happened.

This.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:

+1

Posted on: 2012/2/12 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

When I walk around Downtown, I do see the homeless, drunk individuals. Much less than 10, 5, or even 3 years ago. I see political corruption and high property taxes. That can change...and it has changed...

I ALSO and MOST IMPORTANTLY see businesses coming to the area, working professionals and families coming to the area. Developers creating Liberty Harbor North and adding numerous other development projects. I see schools improving, parks being retaken by families and kids. I see Wall Street West and very high potential for Jersey City to be as highly regarded as brooklyn and more highly regarded than Queens and the Bronx.

I see an area that doesn't need Jersey Shore and the women beating, it's okay to be promiscuous, not think about your future type of people that show will bring to the area. I see an area that doesn't need people who think the most three most important things in life are gym, tan, and laundry. I see an area that can be held in the same regard as Hoboken. JC pride you can say is what I have....I wish more people on this board had more of it

Posted on: 2012/2/12 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:
by Mr_Johnson on 2012/2/12 11:00:52 I highly suggest you walk down Newark Ave and look around. Especially on a weekday afternoon. If you think a few moronic drunk girls being filmed for a television show are somehow going to make Jersey City look bad, you've really got rethink this one through. Thoroughly.

Women beating? What are you even talking about?

As far as promiscuity goes, that is NOT your concern. You worry about your bedroom and other people can worry about theirs.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by Mr_Johnson on 2012/2/12 11:00:52 I highly suggest you walk down Newark Ave and look around. Especially on a weekday afternoon. If you think a few moronic drunk girls being filmed for a television show are somehow going to make Jersey City look bad, you've really got rethink this one through. Thoroughly.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 20:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
$6,500 they rent the house they stay in, all other Rentals are not nearly that High.Just the a**es that have the cash to pay for it .And there kids cry to have it!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/12 18:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
The misogyny disguised as hometown pride in this thread is remarkable.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Outside of the fact that it's 'popular' for educated people to trash these two individuals, I don't see why there is so much opposition to filming the show here.

Ask yourself: If I didn't read the news, would I even know they were in the city? How many of you actually pass that firehouse on a daily basis? What is the worst that can happen?

The drunkards that stroll around Newark Ave have been a problem for DECADES. Why don't you focus your calls to the Mayor on getting them removed??!?!

And from an economic benefit standpoint, do any of you protestors realize how much their former abode in Seaside Heights rents for these days? Try $6,500 per night. Tell me how an increase in property value like that is bad for the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 17:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
The two Bimbos will blend in with the rest of the drunks on Newark Ave.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

True. Anthony Weiner has a great career now after he became active on twitter and got all that publicity.....

Those on this board who are okay with these two idiots coming here and the production making a mockery of JC really don't love JC at all and should probably gtfo of JC too.

JC doesn't have the best reputation but the jersey shore spinoff isn't going to help.

Yes - the short term benefit will be there but the long term benefit will not attract developers, businesses, and families. Those who think short term gain is worth long term loss is probably a supporter of concepts like extreme leveraging, mortgage backed securities, and short selling.

I highly suggest you walk down Newark Ave and look around. Especially on a weekday afternoon. If you think a few moronic drunk girls being filmed for a television show are somehow going to make Jersey City look bad, you've really got rethink this one through. Thoroughly.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
JC has a bad reputation because of all the hood people who commit crime and Political corruption. Snooki is not going to make it worse.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 15:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
I dont know if they are making a mockery of the area they reside, seaside sort of does that to itself and so do these girls

Posted on: 2012/2/12 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by JerseyAveGirl on 2012/2/11 21:19:00 Either way it's publicity, isn't there a saying...all publicity is good publicity? This may bring mor businesses into the neighborhood. I also just learned the location of the girl's home, they got a house on Mercer, off Grove street. Something tells me pj Ryan's will get a good amount of air time.

True. Anthony Weiner has a great career now after he became active on twitter and got all that publicity.....

Those on this board who are okay with these two idiots coming here and the production making a mockery of JC really don't love JC at all and should probably gtfo of JC too.

JC doesn't have the best reputation but the jersey shore spinoff isn't going to help.

Yes - the short term benefit will be there but the long term benefit will not attract developers, businesses, and families. Those who think short term gain is worth long term loss is probably a supporter of concepts like extreme leveraging, mortgage backed securities, and short selling.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 5:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/12 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
Either way it's publicity, isn't there a saying...all publicity is good publicity? This may bring mor businesses into the neighborhood. I also just learned the location of the girl's home, they got a house on Mercer, off Grove street. Something tells me pj Ryan's will get a good amount of air time.

Posted on: 2012/2/12 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
This show should prove to be a nice rail road piece for Jersey City

Posted on: 2012/2/11 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/25 16:52
Group:
Banned
A positive addition. Much better than all the ghetto murderers and the ever growing low income housing population here. These girls are laughing all the way to the bank and back again.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
If you think that the City is getting big bucks for approving these two bimbos filming here, think again. Hopefully their presence will help local business but Jersey City itself will not get any big bucks from the deal. The filming permits are only a couple of hundred dollars & the City only gets $5/hour for every off-duty police officer who works a 4 hour detail.

To show you where this mayor's priorities are, on that same day he was drooling over these two bimbos:

A murder took place 3:30 in the afternoon at Palisade & Prospect, possibly gang related.

A crime rally took place at the Council meeting. At least one hundred concerned citizens voiced their experiences & concerns. All this administration would say is that crime is down, look at the stats. The truth is that the police are under orders not to report every incident.

Bar keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2012/2/11 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brian_em wrote:
Jersey City had a chance to prove that they are open-minded people. instead, we come off looking like pretentious jerkoffs by whining about two girls moving in.

It's not pretentious if you actually are better than them.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
a lot of people have been using strawman arguments such as cost of security either on the star ledger comments section or on other sites.

I think I saw one poster here complaining about the use of police.
Seems like a stretch to say "it makes every single poster here seem like an uninformed, mouth breathing outsider neanderthal."

Hey wait!!! You're a poster here too. So that means.........

Posted on: 2012/2/11 14:11

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017