Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Crescent Court?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
I live next to the Crescent Court site. The noise from the Turnpike has not been a big deal. I don't think my wife has ever complained about it. I have always wondered about the pollution coming from the Turnpike, but there have been no visible problems. No soot anywhere that I have noticed.

I do think our area is safer than the Dixon Mills area. Our area has much less foot traffic.

There have been people working on the building for awhile. It is slow but steady. The last estimate I received from the Project Manager was a completion date of Fall 2009. Who knows if they will meet it.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I think if you want to know what Crescent Court will be like, then all you really need to do is going down to the far end of Paulus Hook where those quais-faux Brownstone style apartment complexes are -- Morris, Essex, Dudley Street by the Marina, or a lot like those complexes in the northwest side of Hoboken. The area probably won't have the same charm as the historic neighborhoods around Dixon Mills, but it also probably means that ultimately these units will be a little more affordable when all is said and done.

Also, in the current climate, I would not be surprised to see the complex converted to a rental development if sales don't pick up, much as what happened at The Cliffs Lofts over on Paterson Plank Road, or the Velocity in Hoboken. In both those cases, the buildings were in less than ideal locations, didn't find buyers for enough of the units and went rental.

Lately the Italian Village has been undergoing dramatic renovation. Probably of any neighborhood in the downtown, it has the most buildings per block being rehabilitated or rebuilt. Crescent Court will likely accelerate this process simply by the fact that it will act as a gentrified anchor, like a beacon that signals the area is safe for yuppies / hipsters.

Finally, I think if you consider the project in an aggregate with the other smaller renovation projects, and along with 215 Newark Avenue, the Newark Avenue area west of Jersey Avenue is really going to change in the next two to three years, even in a slumping economy.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 14:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
yes.. the building is right next to, almost under the turnpike extension overpass. If you are considering buying there than you need to visit the site and decide whether you can live with sound from the highway. It's not just a constant hum of cars... but a hum punctuated with repetitive thuds?/thumps? as the wheels hit the segment joints of the highway. I myself decided I could not .

The really strange thing is if this site was one or two block east, it would be in the quietest sections of jersey city I have been too.

BTW if you don't mind the location, the square footage/finish/layout on this blows dixon mills away.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 20:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users
I drove by today and the pilings are done and they are starting to put some of the metal bars in for pouring the concrete. There were only about 4-5 workers. At least something is being done.

I live in Dixon Mills, so of course I think it is a good buy, but Crescent Court will probably have lower maintenance fees when it opens which might make it a viable alternative.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Nothing much has been done here in a long time, other than closing off the street to traffic.

But here are some photos from a few weeks ago; it pretty much looks the same at present.

http://newyorkssixth.com/newyorkssixt ... els/Crescent%20Court.html

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I not sure, the area is really the same -- if anything you are further away from the Old Colony and Columbus is a pretty busy road. It depends on where in Dixon Mills you live but the area around Crescent Court is pretty quiet and very safe - at least I like it. As far as distance it seems almost the same from the Grove Path station - maybe a block or two further. I like Dixon Mills too and it is already built - I just don't see your point.

Quote:

wibbit wrote:
...I suggest you look into dixon mills instead. The location/area is much better/closer to grove path and price is about the same.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 3:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

matchjames wrote:
Did anyone know anything about this? Merseles is the street sort of "under" the Turnpike isn't it?

http://mmhomes.com/Home/NJ/294/_Prope ... roductType=Townhome/Condo

If you have to buy now, then i suggest you look into dixon mills instead. The location/area is much better/closer to grove path and price is about the same.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 3:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users
They haven't done anything on the site in about 2 months. All of the piles seem to have been driven, thats about it. It will be good for the area once it is completed. The prices aren't bad but who is going to buy something when there is nothing above ground level...expecially in this market?

Posted on: 2008/8/25 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Amazing but they are now really moving now on this project! Any photos out there - the posters on the fence make it look a lot like the new townhouses on Grand.

Posted on: 2008/8/21 12:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 18:02
From The Little Italy Section (Back Then)
Group:
Registered Users
The 1st phase will be around the area of 2nd and Merseles, The property is what is now owned by The Home Laundry consisting of the buildings on both 1st & 2nd st (south side). I saw the drawings and they looked good.

Later the laundry buildings on 2nd st. (north side) & 3rd st. should be a phase 2 later on.

Posted on: 2007/2/28 21:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/11 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
This is over by Mary Benson Field and in the shadow of the NJTP Extension. You would think they would spell Merseles St. correctly on the web site (Merceles).

Posted on: 2007/2/28 15:56

Crescent Court?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/20 16:18
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone know anything about this? Merseles is the street sort of "under" the Turnpike isn't it?

http://mmhomes.com/Home/NJ/294/_Prope ... roductType=Townhome/Condo

Posted on: 2007/2/28 15:32

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017