Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Fulop Calls for Resignation of Police Chief Robert Troy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/23 17:02
From Wayne Street
Group:
Registered Users
DanL, I wish you would spend as much energy watchdogging the Healy administration as you do Councilman Fulop. Such as, is it true that the new police hires were made with Federal dollars and not city dollars--thus negating Healy's reason for raising our taxes? And also what are his reasons for continuing to grant tax abatements downtown after coming out publicly against them? I'd like to hear what you know about that?

And what about the fact that the Parking Authority is losing money and let's not get started talking about JCMUA. What is Healy doing about it?

I voted for Healy because he said he'd get tough on crime. But I don't see it happening. Maybe it is time to hold Healy's feet to the fire and thanks to Councilman Fulop for at least trying to enact positive change.

Posted on: 2006/1/25 14:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/25 18:31
Group:
Banned
Quote:

DanL wrote:
Councilman Fulop,

Please post the actual letter to Mayor Healy, as you stated you would in your post. This will allow people to judge for themselves as to whether this was hypocritical political grandstanding or whether you have put forth constructive ideas and solutions to the issues related to Jersey City crime and that you have discussed your ideas and solutions with Police Chief Troy and that he has been unresponsive.

What I don't get is why you'd phrase it like that. Let's say he posts the letter and it's constructive - you'll find a way to claim it's destructive and it would probably be an obvious attempt to politicize this in the opposite direction. If it is constructive, are you really going to back off and say "wow, OK, that was constructive, I was wrong. Keep up the good work!"?

I doubt it.

Posted on: 2006/1/25 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Councilman Fulop,

Please post the actual letter to Mayor Healy, as you stated you would in your post. This will allow people to judge for themselves as to whether this was hypocritical political grandstanding or whether you have put forth constructive ideas and solutions to the issues related to Jersey City crime and that you have discussed your ideas and solutions with Police Chief Troy and that he has been unresponsive.

Solely, calling for the Police Chief's resignation is not a solution, next Fulop will be calling for Mayor Healy's resignation which is not a solution..... nor would recalling Fulop be a solution (as many do suggest on the www.getnj.com message board).

Lets see Councilman Fulop's constructive and feasible ideas and solutions to solve the "crime problem".

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From today's JJ article -

Meanwhile, Healy is questioning Fulop's motives.

"It's like he's putting gasoline on the fire, and it appears to be becoming a pattern," the mayor said.

Fulop - one of two City Council members who didn't run on the mayor's ticket - said his motives are protecting the people of the city. "

Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:

DanL-

I figured you would post. Thanks for mentioning a gossip column in the Hudson Reporter from earlier last year that had no basis for truth........

.....(and I will also post the letter I sent the mayor as soon as I get the chance).

Hope this is helpful
Sincerely,
Steven Fulop

Posted on: 2006/1/25 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users

This mayor is an idiot:

Quote:
He cited the example of Trenton, which - despite a population less than a third the size of Jersey City's - had 31 homicides this year.

So if Trenton is crime infested, JC can be too? What a crock of s**t. Why doesn't he compare the crime rate to a city a little closer like Hoboken or NYC.

Posted on: 2006/1/25 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Notice how Healy puts some of the blame on the Feds for lax gun control. Healy seems to lack a vision for the city. We need a high energy CEO type that could put the city in shape, and are stuck with politicians that run things the old way. It is easy to put the blame on others.

Posted on: 2006/1/25 13:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/15 3:01
From Maplewood
Group:
Registered Users
This is an updated article:

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 38184033282600.xml&coll=3

I like how healy says there is nothing more he can do. That's encouraging.

Posted on: 2006/1/25 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:

My belief (and many others) is that it is rooted in deployment based on leadership.

I think we all agree that clearly something isn?t working with the current situation.

In the private sector, in any corporation, in any business, there needs to be accountability and that starts at management. If management isn?t performing my expectations are that a change is needed. No excuses we just want to fix it.

We've all noticed the increase in crime.

Posted on: 2006/1/25 12:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/23 16:05
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop for Mayor!

This guy is great, really. I'm continually impressed by the dedication and effort he puts forth. Its great to have someone working for us who shakes things up and gets things done, and his accessibility and transparency is commendable.

Keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2006/1/24 22:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users

DanL-

I figured you would post. Thanks for mentioning a gossip column in the Hudson Reporter from earlier last year that had no basis for truth.

More importantly, I have detailed a couple of points for clarity that prompted today?s public request

1) The request today was based on my belief that there is a direct correlation with an increase in crime and this current Police Chief taking charge. No matter what one says, numbers don?t lie and the numbers are trending in the wrong direction even now (posted on my web site). My belief (and many others) is that it is rooted in deployment based on leadership. People can feel an increase in crime on the street. It is bad for safety, it is bad for confidence, it is bad for property value, it is bad for the overall development of the city, and it is downright scary for our seniors.

2) I think we all agree that clearly something isn?t working.with the current situation. It is more than an increase in murder it is an increase in most types of violent crime as well. In the private sector, in any corporation, in any business, there needs to be accountability and that starts at management. If management isn?t performing my expectations are that a change is needed. No excuses we just want to fix it.

3) Of course I recognize that Chief Troy is a close friend of the Mayor but at this point it isn?t about the mayor at all (we had a good conversation today actually). I do believe that the mayor has the best interest of the city at heart. This request is based on accountability in the police department. I tried to give Chief Troy the benefit of the doubt throughout the last year, if I didn?t I would have done this earlier. It is concerning that we have started this year on the same foot we left off last year (just this past weekend there were more than 18 robberies and shootings)

As always, I am more than happy to talk about my views or actions and if you would like further clarity don?t hesitate to reach out. As most of you know I readily give my personal cell phone out (and I will also post the letter I sent the mayor as soon as I get the chance).

Hope this is helpful
Sincerely,
Steven Fulop

Posted on: 2006/1/24 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
From the Jersey City Reporter, June 10, 2005 -

"A more realistic rumor says Fulop will run against Healy in 2009 backed by former Police Chief Ron Buonocore. Perhaps this is why Healy forgot to make note of him. "

See this
link for full column

Ron Buonocore was the Director of Public Works and then Police Chief under Mayor Cunningham. During this time the NTF (neighborhood task force) and community policing were dropped.

Robert Troy was appointed Police Chief in December 2004. It is hard to believe that this action alone triggered the subsequent increase in violent crime. After accounting for two unusual mass murders, it is more likely a carry over from the Buonocore tenure. What political spin.

Quote:

Skadave wrote:
This is copied from the Jersey Journal:

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/jjournal/i ... ate/archives/2006_01.html

Jersey City councilman calls for police chief to step down
Jersey City Councilman Steve Fulop today called for the resignation of Police Chief Robert Troy, citing a recent spike in violent crime.

"It is clear to me that since assuming his post as Jersey City police chief, Robert Troy has led the department down the wrong direction," Fulop said in a prepared statement. "The result of his mismanagement has been an increase in the overall crime rate throughout the city."

Fulop said statistics show that violent crime rose 11 percent in the first six months of 2005. There were 39 homicides in Jersey City last year, the most since 1982.

Fulop delivered a letter to Mayor Jerramiah Healy's office today asking the mayor to ask for Tryo's resignation.

"I am least as dismayed at the number of homicides as councilman Fulop," Healy said today. "I certainly disagree with councilman Fulop and to lay the blame on Chief Troy is misplaced. I support the chief."

Posted on: 2006/1/24 20:15

Fulop Calls for Resignation of Police Chief Robert Troy
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/15 3:01
From Maplewood
Group:
Registered Users
This is copied from the Jersey Journal:

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/jjournal/i ... ate/archives/2006_01.html

Jersey City councilman calls for police chief to step down
Jersey City Councilman Steve Fulop today called for the resignation of Police Chief Robert Troy, citing a recent spike in violent crime.

"It is clear to me that since assuming his post as Jersey City police chief, Robert Troy has led the department down the wrong direction," Fulop said in a prepared statement. "The result of his mismanagement has been an increase in the overall crime rate throughout the city."

Fulop said statistics show that violent crime rose 11 percent in the first six months of 2005. There were 39 homicides in Jersey City last year, the most since 1982.

Fulop delivered a letter to Mayor Jerramiah Healy's office today asking the mayor to ask for Tryo's resignation.

"I am least as dismayed at the number of homicides as councilman Fulop," Healy said today. "I certainly disagree with councilman Fulop and to lay the blame on Chief Troy is misplaced. I support the chief."

Posted on: 2006/1/24 19:40

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017