Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: McCann to sue Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
well ...

having a convicted felon being the head of the incinerator authority is another proud accomplishment of the current political leadership of the city ...

thank god, mccann only spent time for bank fraud, and not for bribery ... had he had spent time for bribery that would have made it a full circle ...

Posted on: 2010/2/4 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Many years ago I had the pleasure of putting former councilman Rev. Colon's son Obed away for breaking into cars near Hamilton Park. You could imagine my surprise a couple years later when I read in the JJ about the JCPA employee who was arrested for dealing drugs. His name? Obed Colon. Obed then reappeared in the Hamilton Park area where he broke into another car which I again witnessed and he was arrested again. More recently, in September, he was arrested for burglary and dragging a construction worker with his car. The only thing I can imagine is that one day Obie will be mayor of this fine city.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_burglar_dragged_co.html

Posted on: 2010/2/3 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Fair point, Stan.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Connors can't be appointed mayor. If Healy gets carted off to jail or stumbles off a curb, the city would be led by ..... wait for it: Peter Brennan. I believe the City Council President (Brennan) steps into the spot if the mayor leaves office before his term expires.

I meant appointed from the standpoint that if he's the machine's man for the next election, it would take a formidable get out the vote effort by the opposition for him not to become the mayor.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Connors can't be appointed mayor. If Healy gets carted off to jail or stumbles off a curb, the city would be led by ..... wait for it: Peter Brennan. I believe the City Council President (Brennan) steps into the spot if the mayor leaves office before his term expires.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
And my point in my other thread stands. Get me out of here. THIS IS OBSCENE.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The thought of Connors being appointed mayor by the machine is chilling. I hope the real estate market has picked up by then so I can bail out before that happens.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 21:55

City Hires Former Mayor and Felon, Gerry McCann
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Sweet gig for Gerry. Jerry too, actually.

PolitickerNJ.com

Fulop slams Healy on McCann hiring
By Editor | February 3rd, 2010 - 11:43am

Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop says he?ll ask his colleagues to withhold funding for the Jersey City Incinerator Authority until Mayor Jerramiah Healy removes ex-Mayor Gerald McCann from his $50,000-a-year city job.

?The idea that the City would hire a convicted felon to its payroll during the same time period that key members of the administration are being tried in Federal court is incomprehensible,? said Fulop. McCann was Mayor from 1981 to 1985 and again from 1989 to 1992, when he was terminated from office following his criminal conviction.

Fulop noted that McCann?s hiring comes at a time when Jersey City is laying off and furloughing city employees amidst a proposed property tax hike.

?At a time when the Administration should focus on how to keep money in the pockets of its hard working residents, it moves to put an old time politician to the payroll,? said Fulop. ?Let?s call this exactly what it is, this is pay back for McCann delivering his nephew Sean Connors into the Healy organization and in exchange for the Connors endorsement during the election. Every politico in the city knows this quid pro quo to be the truth when Connors endorsed Healy in the election and received his new position in the police department?

Posted on: 2010/2/3 21:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/4 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop for Mayor 2013!!!!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
What an a-hole McCann is.

City Hires Former Mayor and Felon, Gerry McCann
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
McCann on Fulop: 'I'm totally going to sue him'

By Matt Friedman | February 3rd, 2010 - 2:48pm

Incensed that Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop said that his hiring as an Incinerator Authority inspector was politically motivated, former mayor Gerry McCann promised to sue Fulop so aggressively that it will put an end to his higher office aspirations.

?I?m totally going to sue him. I?m going to make sure that every single nickel that he gets to run a campaign against anybody will be my nickel,? said McCann. ??I?ll have him in court for years. And since he?s doing it as a political candidate, I will sue his campaign fund.?

McCann has held the job for only three weeks, but he served in a similar position at the authority six years ago before getting the axe for, he said, political reasons (McCann had aided the campaign of Healy rival Lou Manzo, and Healy accused him of distributing the infamous picture of him passed out naked on his porch).

?Healy?s people fired me. But the point of it is that my sole objective there is to help straighten out some of the problems that are costing us so much money,? said McCann.

McCann, who in 1992 had to resign during his second non-consecutive term as mayor after a federal bank fraud conviction, has remained active in Jersey City politics and currently serves on the city?s school board. He is a close ally and family friend of Sean Connors, a police detective and fellow school board member who, like Fulop, is considered a mayoral hopeful in 2013 (or earlier if Healy ? involved but not charged in the federal corruption cases against several Jersey City politicos ? leaves office early).

Fulop contends that Healy gave McCann the job to secure Connors? endorsement in last year?s mayoral contest ? a charge McCann vehemently denies.

McCann said that he more than justify his $50,000 employment through the revenue he?ll generate for the city through fining businesses and residents, and from stopping the incinerator authority from hauling trash from institutions that should be paying a private hauler.

?If I don?t save the Incinerator Authority $1 million in my first year, I?ll quit. I?ll quit! He doesn?t have to fire me,? he said. ??I?ve already issued a number of tickets that already justify whatever compensation they may give me?

Fulop responded by pointing out the irony that McCann, who upon his fraud conviction joked that he would get then-U.S. Attorney Michael Chertoff a job driving a sanitation truck, was now at the Incinerator Authority himself.

"McCann is going to sue to defend the Sean Connors deal? The reality with Gerry McCann is that it is the same individual who threatened Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff that he would get him a job in the Incinerator Authority. We don?t have tax payer dollars to waste on this stuff,? he said. ?I want to be clear "We don?t need Gerry McCann. The city needs to be saving money, not hiring felons as part of a political deal for a Connors endorsement. This is a much talked about open secret in Jersey City.?

http://www.politickernj.com/matt-frie ... -im-totally-going-sue-him

Posted on: 2010/2/3 21:45

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/2/4 4:27:55

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact