Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Willie Flood hires son twice for $50G-plus ( Yes, that son )
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
for the record - i got Mr Diaz onboard this issue - absolutely.

i am not -in any way - associated with Steve Fulop - i agree with most of his politics, but have never met the man.

i probably like him best as he's a former Marine as well.

but i sent this to shame on you, because i felt it IS a shame!

Posted on: 2008/3/11 20:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
They blame Fulop because he is the only council member without multiple government jobs and as such makes the rest of them look bad - kind of like Serpico refusing to 'graze' with the rest of the precinct.

That said, don't expect Fulop to get rid of this crew. Their vast network of clients around the City pretty much guarantees long term continued abuse and personal appropriation of your tax dollars.

Don't assume there is any love between this administration and the downtown business community either. The big downtown businesses, both developers and financial services alike, are deeply mistrustful of the current politicians. These are big, legitimate companies and for them to get in bed with people who they suspect are going to be loaded into a police wagon is just not worth the risk. I can tell you from some first hand experience that the developers are afraid to be associated with what they consider a corrupt administration and afraid of their typically anti-business legislative and administrative policies. If you think crime, flip-taxes and an inebriated felon as mayor are bad for individual homeowners, imagine how bad they are for a company that is trying to build and then sell 200 luxury apartment homes.

If you are looking for the crooked use of payoffs, the place to find them is in the small to mid-sized government contract vendors. Most work performed by the municipality is performed by 3rd party contractors. Those contractors donate to campaigns and help out with manpower on election day. Politicians squabble over which of their supporters will get municipal and county work contracts - paid with your dollars, not necessarily to the real lowest bidder. They squabble just like they do over which of their relatives and ward heelers ('young people who worked so hard on their campaign') will get cushy no-show government jobs.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 11:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Politicians squabble over which of their supporters will get municipal and county work contracts - paid with your dollars, not necessarily to the real lowest bidder. They squabble just like they do over which of their relatives and ward heelers ('young people who worked so hard on their campaign') will get cushy no-show government jobs.

once again, JCLaw nails it.

Willie Flood nails it too, when she says "This City Council, we look out for each other"

....I'm getting discouraged that things will change before I'm out of here....

we're just outnumbered.

Quote:
inebriated felon as mayor

p.s. oh yeah, this was also spot-on (and to the point)

Posted on: 2008/3/12 12:49
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/31 14:58
Group:
Registered Users
I have only been in Jersey City for about 6 months. In reading all of these posts, there is obviously a lot of animosity toward the local government.

Do all of you who complain about the current administration take any action?

It's discouraging when someone writes, "we're just outnumbered."

Posted on: 2008/3/12 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
we vote (hopefully) and try to get media attention.

If you're new here, Jersey City and Hudson County have a long history of political corruption (google Jersey City and "Hague" - or netflix "On the Waterfront").

I knew about that history when I moved here from the NYC, but the thing that surprised me (and at times bummed me out and at other times amused me) was just how whacked things still are - it's a shame because the potential is there for this to be a great place to live, and really, the time do something about it would have been *right now*, with all the development coming in and the new PATH trains soon.

But (lone crusaders on the City Council notwithstanding) I don't see it happening - not in time for me anyway.

Because, as Willie says, they look out for each other...

Posted on: 2008/3/12 16:51
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
if people are angry about the nepotism or as identified below the appearance or possibility that the famous Mercedes was somehow part of gaining support for approving the redevelopment plan allowing the AMB warehouse or developer designation process, please come out to the next City Council meeting on April 9th.

you can speak at the meeting by signing calling the office of the City Clerk at (201) 547-5150 either on April 7th or April 8th, in advance of the meeting.

if you want answers, ask your city representitives, the councilmembers to investigate.

bring a "Shame on You" sign.

Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Try googling IDI construction and you will find they build warehouses for AMB like the one going to be built down on rt 1&9.

Their name stands for I Deserve It,kinda fitting for the Floods no?

Maybe with our collective internet skills we can solve this Flood/IDI connection.

She voted for the AMB warehouse,her husband was on the redevelopment agency so maybe there was a quid pro quo.

Lets dig a little deeper............

Posted on: 2008/3/28 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm out of town the 9th so I can't make the council meeting - but Dan what exactly does this refer to:
Quote:
the AMB warehouse or developer designation process

... because I tried googling around a few weeks ago and couldn't find much of anything - so I'm wondering, is this all true:

1) IDI construction company is building a warehouse Willie voted on.

2) Pa Flood is on a relevant redevelopment agency.

3) Jethro Flood is found driving an IDI Mercedes with expired plates, at which point to the registration quickly gets transferred to him?

If these 3 things are true, forget the 'shame on you' signs, it's time to get some media involved....

Posted on: 2008/3/28 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terps wrote:
I have only been in Jersey City for about 6 months. In reading all of these posts, there is obviously a lot of animosity toward the local government.

Do all of you who complain about the current administration take any action?

It's discouraging when someone writes, "we're just outnumbered."

Yes, lots of folks downtown and other neighborhoods in JC "take action". Join your local neighborhood association to get involved! Do a search here or on Jersey City Reporter or HudsonReporter.com

Posted on: 2008/3/28 20:58
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Councilwoman Flood's son 'shamed' for use of city parking pass

by The Jersey Journal
Thursday October 02, 2008, 2:22 PM

Phillip Flood, son of Jersey City Councilwoman Willie Flood, is back in the Hall of Shame - this time for for using a city "official business" placard in his windshield to avoid paying parking meters.

Flood, who was also "shamed" for holding two government jobs - one on his mom's staff - got into an angry exchange with Fox 5 News reporter Arnold Diaz, who confronted him just outside the County Administration building.

Flood, who also was the subject of controversy following a marijuana arrest last year, resigned as an aide to his mother in December 2007.

Click here to watch video

Posted on: 2008/10/3 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
I saw this video yesterday and it's sad but not suprising to see the gall of Willie and her baby boy. So when the city wants to revoke the placard since it's not being used properly she protests that it her car it's in despite her not driving it (on official business) but instead her little bubby drives it to work. I wonder if this is the same mercedes he was arrested in for selling drugs?

what will it take for voters of her ward to boot her the hell out of office, she's jc's version of charlie rangle.

Posted on: 2008/10/3 15:23
utterly deplorable

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/10 19:04
Group:
Registered Users
I know it won't do any good, but I sent this e-mail to all of city hall. It amused me at least:
Subject:Phillip Flood II - The Chosen One Entitled to Preferential Treatment

In these uncertain economic times, people are having trouble with everything from paying the mortgage to buying a loaf of bread. With that in mind, somehow Jersey City is still status quo with accepted corruption by means of Phillip Flood II having an Official Business placard to keep from paying the parking meters while the rest of us law biding citizens pay, at best, upwards of $200 a month to park. In my opinion, and I'm sure the opinion of ALL jersey City residents, his comment of "Are you that jealous?" screams admission of preferential treatment.
People wonder why Steven Fulop made an issue of Enthic Reform. This is one reason out of THOUSANDS.

Posted on: 2008/10/3 17:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And a few hours after I sent that e-mail: a county van parked in front of a fire hydrant, got out and walked away. I sent this next e-mail:

Subject:The Chosen One Part II- A Contageous Disease?

Long before most of you read my e-mail, another case of privelidged parking comes about. For quite sometime now, there has been a Hudson County Disabled & Senior Transportation van illegally parking in driveways and parking blatantly in front of fire hydrants. One time when the Parking Authority was notified, they refused to ticket it claiming they would be fired. This is another example of preferential treatment at its best. The male driver parked at about 10:45 am today October 3rd, and proceeded to walk toward Bergen Avenue. Who on the county level needs to be contacted on this? Please see the attached pictures.

Not only did I send pictures, here is a google shot a little over a year ago. Click on the link then click street view. If you zoom in to the hood on Street View, you see the same van number as today: # 247.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en ... +highland+ave+jersey+city,+nj
+07306&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=52.020054,78.75&ie=UTF8&ll=40.729926,-74.0678
93&spn=0.012277,0.019226&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr&layer=c&cbll=40.727468,-74.067979&p
anoid=utA_Gw-oK75G0DNhGwSFug

Posted on: 2008/10/3 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
your letters are awesome.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 0:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone hasn't thought of it already, if you feel the same way I do, copy and paste my e-mail and send it yourself. Here are all of their e-mail addresses as found on the city hall website:
LipskiS@jcnj.org (Steve Lipski), spinellom@jcnj.org (Mary Spinello), richardsonv@jcnj.org (Voila Richardson), bgaughan@hudsoncountynj.org (William Gaughan), sottolanom@jcnj.org (Michael Sottolano), mariano@jcnj.org (Mariano Vega), floodw@jcnj.org (Willie Flood), fulops@jcnj.org (Steve Fulop), brennanp@jcnj.org (Peter Brennan)

Posted on: 2008/10/4 4:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Well, I won't be voting for Willie Flood.
The only vote I'm convinced I will cast is for Steve Fulop.

Hmmm, Manzo????

Jersey City politics is like getting stuck in a mudhole in the Everglades.

Of two things I am convinced...working multiple taxpayer supported jobs is OBSCENE and granting tax abatements to rich developers to build more market rate skyscrapers is criminal. Both must STOP!

Posted on: 2009/5/3 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Tax abatements for new purchasers is an effort to bring forward thinking people into new real estate. Would you prefer ACORN start "taking over" unoccupied, unsellable condos like in FLA? Its not exactly bad business, and according to a lot of idiots on this site, tax dollars from downtown don't provide much to jc (not my belief, but they keep saying it).

In any event, multiple bs/no show gov't jobs do nothing for anybody except willie flood's family, friends and cohorts. Witch.

Posted on: 2009/5/3 22:35

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017