Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 ... 37 38 39 (40) 41 42 43 ... 78 »


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 21:13
Last Login :
4/5 17:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5564
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
One of the things that makes Trump such a great president is his attention to details that tremendously benefit American workers, yet don't even occur to typical politicians on either side of the aisle.

A perfect example came in his executive order bringing back the Keystone pipeline. He stipulated that the pipe will only be back if it uses 100% American steel produced by American workers. This move alone will tremendously benefit many hard working people, and seems so obvious, yet apparently no one thought of the idea before him.


You do realize most American steel today is made in highly automated micro mills, not the behemoths that made Pittsburgh. Speaking of automation, it's predicted the greatest beneficiary of his domestic production agenda will be Chinese robot factories selling US producers automation to replace workers.

Posted on: 2017/1/27 1:39
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
One of the things that makes Trump such a great president is his attention to details that tremendously benefit American workers, yet don't even occur to typical politicians on either side of the aisle.

A perfect example came in his executive order bringing back the Keystone pipeline. He stipulated that the pipe will only be back if it uses 100% American steel produced by American workers. This move alone will tremendously benefit many hard working people, and seems so obvious, yet apparently no one thought of the idea before him.

Posted on: 2017/1/27 1:11
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/17 3:05
Last Login :
10/29 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 875
Offline
Quote:

heights wrote:
[quote]
Azul_the_Cat wrote:
So when the price of all the products made in Mexico, that are imported into the USA, goes up aren't we really paying for the wall? The imports aren't going to just stop.

No and yes, I won't buy them...problem solved ! So who's on board ?[/quot7e]

It will make buying American more affordable by comparison and in turn add jobs to the US economy.

Posted on: 2017/1/27 0:39
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/7/13 15:03
Last Login :
9/2 2:35
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4421
Offline
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
So when the price of all the products made in Mexico, that are imported into the USA, goes up aren't we really paying for the wall? The imports aren't going to just stop.

No and yes, I won't buy them...problem solved ! So who's on board ?

Posted on: 2017/1/26 23:49
Get on your bikes and ride !
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/3/19 15:20
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 668
Offline
So when the price of all the products made in Mexico, that are imported into the USA, goes up aren't we really paying for the wall? The imports aren't going to just stop.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 23:37
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
This has been an amazing week. Trump has been working like a madman, getting so many important goals accomplished through executive orders, and laying the groundwork for much more.

He's moving so fast the news can't even keep up with everything :)

Posted on: 2017/1/26 23:06
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
The peso is tanking, they'll come around one way or another and pay for the wall.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 22:33
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
Picking up tequila on the way home.


Or learn to love Russian Vodka... we should be getting some great deals on those imports!

Posted on: 2017/1/26 22:15
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/19 16:35
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 221
Offline
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, the automotive lobby will totally allow this to happen and middle America will be thrilled about the lack of illegals(despite the fact that illegal crossings are at a 40 low) when their truck costs an additional $8k.

Quote:
The Cadillac Escalade EXT and SRX, Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Aveo, Chevrolet HHR, Chevrolet Silverado and Silverado Hybrid, Dodge Journey, Dodge Ram 2500, Dodge Ram 3500, Dodge Ram 4500, Dodge Ram 5500, Ford Fiesta, Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid, GMC Sierra and Sierra Hybrid, GMC Sierra Crew Cab, Honda CR-V, Lincoln MKZ and MKZ Hybrid, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Versa, Volkswagen Jetta and Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen are all assembled in Mexico. Toyota Tacomas are assembled in both Mexico and the United States.

Engines made in Mexico include those used in the Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Ram 1500, Ford Escape and Escape Hybrid, GM Buick Lucerne and Cadillac CTS line, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Cruze and Malibu, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid, GMC Yukon Hybrid and Mazda Tribute Hybrid.

Transmissions made in Mexico include those used in the Dodge Calibur, Chrysler Jeep Compass and Patriot, Ford Shelby GT500, Nissan Altima and Maxima, and a wide range of GM vehicles.



I would imagine that this tax will be placed on Mexican produced products by Mexican companies and not directly on American companies. Of course it will limit the number of Mexican automobiles you see riding around.


Then I would argue that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation. Nearly half of the products (137B out of the total 295B in 2015) imported from Mexico are in the automobile and electronics categories(mostly TVs, computers and OEM electronics components). Virtually none of them are created by countries founded or based in Mexico.


Posted on: 2017/1/26 22:03
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/17 3:05
Last Login :
10/29 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 875
Offline
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, the automotive lobby will totally allow this to happen and middle America will be thrilled about the lack of illegals(despite the fact that illegal crossings are at a 40 low) when their truck costs an additional $8k.

Quote:
The Cadillac Escalade EXT and SRX, Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Aveo, Chevrolet HHR, Chevrolet Silverado and Silverado Hybrid, Dodge Journey, Dodge Ram 2500, Dodge Ram 3500, Dodge Ram 4500, Dodge Ram 5500, Ford Fiesta, Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid, GMC Sierra and Sierra Hybrid, GMC Sierra Crew Cab, Honda CR-V, Lincoln MKZ and MKZ Hybrid, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Versa, Volkswagen Jetta and Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen are all assembled in Mexico. Toyota Tacomas are assembled in both Mexico and the United States.

Engines made in Mexico include those used in the Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Ram 1500, Ford Escape and Escape Hybrid, GM Buick Lucerne and Cadillac CTS line, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Cruze and Malibu, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid, GMC Yukon Hybrid and Mazda Tribute Hybrid.

Transmissions made in Mexico include those used in the Dodge Calibur, Chrysler Jeep Compass and Patriot, Ford Shelby GT500, Nissan Altima and Maxima, and a wide range of GM vehicles.



I would imagine that this tax will be placed on Mexican produced products by Mexican companies and not directly on American companies. Of course it will limit the number of Mexican automobiles you see riding around.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 21:46
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/4/2 11:56
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 728
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Your silly link to the Doomsday Clock that was developed during the Cold War... We have a higher risk of apocalyptic financial destruction before we enact mutual mass destruction.


Of course financial disasters are more likely than nuclear exchanges, but they also don?t have the potential for mass extinction. Nuclear weapons are still one of the most significant threats to our survival, so it?s fairly discomforting when a person with access to the nuclear football appears to suffer from a major personality disorder that handicaps his ability to think and act rationally.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 21:22
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/19 16:35
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 221
Offline
Quote:

Yeah, the automotive lobby will totally allow this to happen and middle America will be thrilled about the lack of illegals(despite the fact that illegal crossings are at a 40 year low) when their truck costs an additional $8k. Hopefully they each get to etch their name in a brick for their contribution.

Quote:
The Cadillac Escalade EXT and SRX, Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Aveo, Chevrolet HHR, Chevrolet Silverado and Silverado Hybrid, Dodge Journey, Dodge Ram 2500, Dodge Ram 3500, Dodge Ram 4500, Dodge Ram 5500, Ford Fiesta, Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid, GMC Sierra and Sierra Hybrid, GMC Sierra Crew Cab, Honda CR-V, Lincoln MKZ and MKZ Hybrid, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Versa, Volkswagen Jetta and Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen are all assembled in Mexico. Toyota Tacomas are assembled in both Mexico and the United States.

Engines made in Mexico include those used in the Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Ram 1500, Ford Escape and Escape Hybrid, GM Buick Lucerne and Cadillac CTS line, Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Chevrolet Cruze and Malibu, Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid, GMC Yukon Hybrid and Mazda Tribute Hybrid.

Transmissions made in Mexico include those used in the Dodge Calibur, Chrysler Jeep Compass and Patriot, Ford Shelby GT500, Nissan Altima and Maxima, and a wide range of GM vehicles.


Posted on: 2017/1/26 21:22

Edited by third_street_hats on 2017/1/26 21:45:49
Edited by third_street_hats on 2017/1/26 21:47:26
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2017/1/3 18:17
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 413
Offline
Picking up tequila on the way home.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 21:07
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
Quote:as if mexico can't impose a 20% import tax on american stuff, lower its tax on exports and buy produce from other countries! lol. trump train wreck! and this is not in slow motion.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 21:04
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/17 3:05
Last Login :
10/29 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 875
Offline

Posted on: 2017/1/26 20:57
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1762
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
No link to the National Debt Clock? Wait till The Fed boosts interests rates they have been sitting on as the Obama Regime spent like drunken sailors. Of course you can blame that on Trump too.


Huh? What does the National Debt Clock have to do with the Doomsday Clock?


Your silly link to the Doomsday Clock that was developed during the Cold War... We have a higher risk of apocalyptic financial destruction before we enact mutual mass destruction.

Although you can't count on the Iranians or the North Koreans to understand the rules to that old geopolitical game of chicken the Russians, Chinese and West played during the Cold War.


Regarding Iran and North Korea, why not? Seems like they've just been posturing to me. If they wanted to go full retard and push people around, they could have done it a long time ago.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 19:45
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
No link to the National Debt Clock? Wait till The Fed boosts interests rates they have been sitting on as the Obama Regime spent like drunken sailors. Of course you can blame that on Trump too.


Huh? What does the National Debt Clock have to do with the Doomsday Clock?


Your silly link to the Doomsday Clock that was developed during the Cold War... We have a higher risk of apocalyptic financial destruction before we enact mutual mass destruction.

Although you can't count on the Iranians or the North Koreans to understand the rules to that old geopolitical game of chicken the Russians, Chinese and West played during the Cold War.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 19:35
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/17 3:05
Last Login :
10/29 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 875
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
In other positive news, the Doomsday Clock has just been moved forward 30 seconds. We are now closer to midnight than we have been since the 50's. Fun times. Admittedly Trump was only one factor in their decision.

Statement from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists



No link to the National Debt Clock? Wait till The Fed boosts interests rates they have been sitting on as the Obama Regime spent like drunken sailors. Of course you can blame that on Trump too.
and trump wants to expand the deficit further....talk about that!


OK!
1. Obama would have run the debt up much further had Republicans not blocked him.
2. Obama would have raised the debt ceilings to continue running up debt.
3. The US debt would be 5 trillion dollars greater if interest rates were at normal rates.

It's fair to say that with normal interest rates and no Republican pushback we could easily be another 10 trillion in debt. Thank God for checks and balances

Posted on: 2017/1/26 19:22
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
In other positive news, the Doomsday Clock has just been moved forward 30 seconds. We are now closer to midnight than we have been since the 50's. Fun times. Admittedly Trump was only one factor in their decision.

Statement from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists



No link to the National Debt Clock? Wait till The Fed boosts interests rates they have been sitting on as the Obama Regime spent like drunken sailors. Of course you can blame that on Trump too.
and trump wants to expand the deficit further....talk about that!

Posted on: 2017/1/26 19:10
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/3/19 15:20
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 668
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
No link to the National Debt Clock? Wait till The Fed boosts interests rates they have been sitting on as the Obama Regime spent like drunken sailors. Of course you can blame that on Trump too.


Huh? What does the National Debt Clock have to do with the Doomsday Clock?

Posted on: 2017/1/26 19:08
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Breaking news-Democrats to run Chicken Little in 2020!

Posted on: 2017/1/26 19:01
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
In other positive news, the Doomsday Clock has just been moved forward 30 seconds. We are now closer to midnight than we have been since the 50's. Fun times. Admittedly Trump was only one factor in their decision.

Statement from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists



No link to the National Debt Clock? Wait till The Fed boosts interests rates they have been sitting on as the Obama Regime spent like drunken sailors. Of course you can blame that on Trump too.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 18:49
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Things are so bad in Chicago that they just had a vigil for a gunshot victim. 6 people were shot at this vigil against gun violence, including a 12 year old girl.

Going to need to send the Feds in to clean up the mess that the Democrats created.

Six shot during vigil for gunshot victim in Chicago

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15A0S7
i'm not sure the democrats created the problem, but the problem needs to be addressed.


Democrats have been ruling our major cities for decades. They are the cause of the problem because they refuse to address it.

It's a gang problem but they pretend it's a gun one.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 18:34
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
Diplomacy through Twitter - Really - Mexican President cancels visit - Trump is clueless - relationship ruined - next? Hmm .. he thinks voting was fraudulent - sure - torture is good - pipelines through native American territory is okay (as white Europeans didn't commit genocide and push natives into the worst possible areas of our country is enough harm) - sorry electing Trump will be a mistake - love how he repeats words when he speaks also - "we will build a beautiful wall, very beautiful" or I like "a complicated form of payment" LOL...US will be embarrassed by Trump - bye


#trumpocalypse
don't be so negative. it's a #trumptastrophe!


I do like #trumptastrophe - more optimistic! Also better than #trumpourlastpresident

But seriously we need to impeach Trump ASAP. Presidents can be impeached for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." I think proving that he colluded with Putin would be enough, but I'm not a constitutional lawyer like Obama.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 18:32
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Things are so bad in Chicago that they just had a vigil for a gunshot victim. 6 people were shot at this vigil against gun violence, including a 12 year old girl.

Going to need to send the Feds in to clean up the mess that the Democrats created.

Six shot during vigil for gunshot victim in Chicago

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15A0S7



Is Elliot Ness and The Untouchables still available?

Posted on: 2017/1/26 18:26
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Things are so bad in Chicago that they just had a vigil for a gunshot victim. 6 people were shot at this vigil against gun violence, including a 12 year old girl.

Going to need to send the Feds in to clean up the mess that the Democrats created.

Six shot during vigil for gunshot victim in Chicago

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15A0S7
i'm not sure the democrats created the problem, but the problem needs to be addressed.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 18:03
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Things are so bad in Chicago that they just had a vigil for a gunshot victim. 6 people were shot at this vigil against gun violence, including a 12 year old girl.

Going to need to send the Feds in to clean up the mess that the Democrats created.

Six shot during vigil for gunshot victim in Chicago

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15A0S7

Posted on: 2017/1/26 17:54
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
Diplomacy through Twitter - Really - Mexican President cancels visit - Trump is clueless - relationship ruined - next? Hmm .. he thinks voting was fraudulent - sure - torture is good - pipelines through native American territory is okay (as white Europeans didn't commit genocide and push natives into the worst possible areas of our country is enough harm) - sorry electing Trump will be a mistake - love how he repeats words when he speaks also - "we will build a beautiful wall, very beautiful" or I like "a complicated form of payment" LOL...US will be embarrassed by Trump - bye


#trumpocalypse
don't be so negative. it's a #trumptastrophe!

Posted on: 2017/1/26 17:54
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
Diplomacy through Twitter - Really - Mexican President cancels visit - Trump is clueless - relationship ruined - next? Hmm .. he thinks voting was fraudulent - sure - torture is good - pipelines through native American territory is okay (as white Europeans didn't commit genocide and push natives into the worst possible areas of our country is enough harm) - sorry electing Trump will be a mistake - love how he repeats words when he speaks also - "we will build a beautiful wall, very beautiful" or I like "a complicated form of payment" LOL...US will be embarrassed by Trump - bye


#trumpocalypse

Posted on: 2017/1/26 17:47
 Top 


Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/30 20:03
Last Login :
12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
Diplomacy through Twitter - Really - Mexican President cancels visit - Trump is clueless - relationship ruined - next? Hmm .. he thinks voting was fraudulent - sure - torture is good - pipelines through native American territory is okay (as white Europeans didn't commit genocide and push natives into the worst possible areas of our country is enough harm) - sorry electing Trump will be a mistake - love how he repeats words when he speaks also - "we will build a beautiful wall, very beautiful" or I like "a complicated form of payment" LOL...US will be embarrassed by Trump - bye

Posted on: 2017/1/26 17:41
 Top 




« 1 ... 37 38 39 (40) 41 42 43 ... 78 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017