Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Anonymous
Re: Daniel Wrieden aka 'Queer Eye For The Historic House Guy'
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:

No matter what Dan may have done... Warren and the others in this thread deserve to have their asses hauled into court and sued for defamation.

"No matter what Dan may have done" is going to get the city sued it they don't knock this shit off.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/26 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Funny........our pal Elvee is bemoaning how the thread has been taken off track with non-germaine issues, yet he closes each of his recent postings with a Jerry Healy tagline and web link!

By the way, Elvee, how's that exhaust fan working that you installed without permits?

Those are part of my signiture.

Where did you ever read that I installed an exhaust fan?

Posted on: 2004/10/29 13:43

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
I actually overheard a conversation yesterday at the Pink Flamingo (or whatever that place is called across from 30 Montgomery Street) about Dan Wrieden and a bounty being on his head. At first I thought it was a joke with all the hype going on, but these three guys were as serious as a heart attack, and they knew his address (95 Wayne Street) and his quirky hours. It actually made me very uncomfortable and concerned.

Do we still whack people in Jersey City?

This sounds like something Wreiden wrote himself. A drama.

Anonymous
Funny........our pal Elvee is bemoaning how the thread has been taken off track with non-germaine issues, yet he closes each of his recent postings with a Jerry Healy tagline and web link!

By the way, Elvee, how's that exhaust fan working that you installed without permits?

Anonymous
Quote:

ElVee wrote:
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
The thread isn't a joke. Some of the posts are. But it appears to me that for property owners, this is serious, deal-breaking stuff.

Some of the posts? Out of the now 166 posts, I'd say about 30-40 are relevant.

I own a brownstone in the Van Vorst Park area. I understand what the homeowners are feeling. It's just that this (and most) threads gets taken off track by moroninc anonymous postings.

The moronic joke is Wreiden.

Anonymous
Gay bashing ? Let's try the existing Jewish Community in downtown Jersey City, where Wreiden has developed a reputation for himself. It is quite clear, he does not like Jews, has said so many times, and in many ways. He is known in the Jewish community, as well as it's institutions
an issue ... got it going ..complying with the law and he doesn't come to this issue with clean hands.

Balls? Yes? Brains? No!

He is a willing pawn of real estate developers who have made this a cause because they don't like the concept of historic preservation applied to them.

He has let the original issues and problems become totally lost in a sea of Gay Bashing, which he weakly denies, but has continued to condone an encourage.

It is a witch hunt by a self appointed group of Nazi Storm Troopers... no different than if he was calling for the extermination of Jews or Blacks or Gypsies...

... It is an abomination and nothing to admire...

No matter what Dan may have done... Warren and the others in this thread deserve to have their asses hauled into court and sued for defamation.[/quote]

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
I actually overheard a conversation yesterday at the Pink Flamingo (or whatever that place is called across from 30 Montgomery Street) about Dan Wrieden and a bounty being on his head. At first I thought it was a joke with all the hype going on, but these three guys were as serious as a heart attack, and they knew his address (95 Wayne Street) and his quirky hours. It actually made me very uncomfortable and concerned.

I think it was just a joke, he's not worth the trouble.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
The thread isn't a joke. Some of the posts are. But it appears to me that for property owners, this is serious, deal-breaking stuff.

Some of the posts? Out of the now 166 posts, I'd say about 30-40 are relevant.

I own a brownstone in the Van Vorst Park area. I understand what the homeowners are feeling. It's just that this (and most) threads gets taken off track by moroninc anonymous postings.

Posted on: 2004/10/29 12:21

Anonymous
Yeah OK, ElVee. Don't be a hero or we might see, "Anonymous vs. ElVee, the famous, well known internet poster person from jclist.com". Get real.

When this thread was posted, I was the first to complain about the gay baiting- It's unhelpful. I don't see that as sticking up for Dan. I do however have a problem with cheap shots, which going after the guy because of who he sleeps with is.

There clearly is an issue here. Forget about JC list. I have spoken to folks I know personally who have had run ins with this guy. You hear something once, take it with a grain of salt. Twice, start listening. 3 times, houston, we have a problem.

Don't forget your lawsuit threatening paisan is anonymous as well, so their utter ignorance of law, on display for the entire world to see, doesn't land at their front door either. I do hope that they have figured out that watching Boston Legal is not the way to learn to file your lawsuits.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:

In fact, SUE ME! Please! But let me be on the phone when you call, crying and shivering. I could use a good laugh.

Real brave, daring someone to sue ANONYMOUS.

Quote:

Another Anonymous wrote:

... and they knew his address (95 Wayne Street) and his quirky hours.

And now, so does everybody else.

This thread has become a joke.

Posted on: 2004/10/29 11:57

Anonymous
Quote:
Uh, did you call the police? , duh

Of course not ---- my life and my home ownership would be much easier without him.

Anonymous
Uh, did you call the police? , duh

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous

Anonymous
Quote:
Warren and the others in this thread deserve to have their asses hauled into court and sued for defamation.

It's called free speech, asswipe.

Anonymous
Pick an "ism" ... it's no different than racism or fascist tactics... the tactics are the same... bash and intimidate...

drown out any no civil or rational discussion about how to have the law applied properly or fairly

... it's let's run the witch out of town talk and anyone who doesn't tow the party line calling for Mr. Wrieden to be burned at the stake be damned...

Anonymous
Here's another helpful tip- When you invoke "nazis" and equate people who are tired of not being allowed to paint their houses to SS killing Jews and Gypsies (not sure where you got blacks from- There weren't very many black people in Germany in 1938, genius), you have lost the arguement, and most likely, your mind.

Or you're just an idiot. Take your pick.

And typical crybaby- Whaaa Whaa, I love free speech, except when it hurts my sacred cow. I'll call a lawyer! Sue me? SUE EVERYBODY!

Go ahead and call him. You'll get about 10 seconds into your tale of woe and you'll either here a)laughter or b) a dial tone.

In fact, SUE ME! Please! But let me be on the phone when you call, crying and shivering. I could use a good laugh.

Anonymous
There ain't nothing to admire in Warren... he originally had an issue ... got it going ... doesn't really care about complying with the law and he doesn't come to this issue with clean hands.

Balls? Yes? Brains? No!

He is a willing pawn of real estate developers who have made this a cause because they don't like the concept of historic preservation applied to them.

He has let the original issues and problems become totally lost in a sea of Gay Bashing, which he weakly denies, but has continued to condone an encourage.

It is a witch hunt by a self appointed group of Nazi Storm Troopers... no different than if he was calling for the extermination of Jews or Blacks or Gypsies...

... It is an abomination and nothing to admire...

No matter what Dan may have done... Warren and the others in this thread deserve to have their asses hauled into court and sued for defamation.

Anonymous
Warren is one tough cookie. Maybe he'll run for mayor next time around.

Anonymous
I really admire the balls of Warren to get this going ! For a long time people have been looking to speak out against Wreiden's harrasments.

Anonymous
I'd rather see an interview between Oh Danny Boy and Warren Curtin!

Anonymous
Oh Danny Boy.......please reply and tell us what you're thinking!! Over 150 comments on this string deserve at least that much. I can picture it ----- Dan Wrieden sitting down for a prime time interview with Diane Sawyer or Barbara Walters, answering all questions, complaints, and issues.

Pleeeeease, Dan?

Anonymous
Dan...............Get a life...
ps..........I love this picture.............LOL

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
In reply to the individual who stated that Dan Wrieden "isn't going by the book" . My question is which book, there are many opinions on historic preservation and have any one of you even read the book, so that you would personally know whether Dan is going by the "book." My guess is that not one of the critics of Dan or the HPC is a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Preservation New Jersey or the Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy..or any other historic preservation organization. I am also guessing that to the "man" or woman that few have even read any major articles on historic preservation and know nothing of the process of restoring a home or building or of getting a design approved.
All the whinning and complaining about someone who is simply trying to do a good job to the best of his ability, sounds like "he's not doing it MY WAY." In life, we generally don't get OUR WAY, life is not fair or equitable, and as adult human beings we learn to live with it, cope with the inconsistencies and continue to live our lives to the best of our abilities. My advice to the entire complaint system is 'GET A LIFE." tHE STARVING CHILDREN OF THE WORLD ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHETHER OR NOT DAN WRIEDEN IS APPROVING THE COLOR YOU WANT FOR YOUR HOUSE. COMPARED TO THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THIS WHOLE DISCUSSION IS NOT ONLY BORING IT IS MEANINGLESS.

You are a controlling class A idiot! Do you suppose you and your lot are the only few that know anything about historic preservation? I'm not learning to live with morons like YOU!

Wreiden does alot more damage than contolling the color of paint. On the job and off.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
In reply to the individual who stated that Dan Wrieden "isn't going by the book" . My question is which book, there are many opinions on historic preservation and have any one of you even read the book, so that you would personally know whether Dan is going by the "book." My guess is that not one of the critics of Dan or the HPC is a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Preservation New Jersey or the Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy..or any other historic preservation organization. I am also guessing that to the "man" or woman that few have even read any major articles on historic preservation and know nothing of the process of restoring a home or building or of getting a design approved.
All the whinning and complaining about someone who is simply trying to do a good job to the best of his ability, sounds like "he's not doing it MY WAY." In life, we generally don't get OUR WAY, life is not fair or equitable, and as adult human beings we learn to live with it, cope with the inconsistencies and continue to live our lives to the best of our abilities. My advice to the entire complaint system is 'GET A LIFE." tHE STARVING CHILDREN OF THE WORLD ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHETHER OR NOT DAN WRIEDEN IS APPROVING THE COLOR YOU WANT FOR YOUR HOUSE. COMPARED TO THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THIS WHOLE DISCUSSION IS NOT ONLY BORING IT IS MEANINGLESS.

You are a controlling class A idiot! Do you suppose you and your lot are the only few that know anything about historic preservation? I'm not learning to live with morons like YOU!

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
These comments are outrageous and hurtful and would not be said if the writers name was on the bottom of the comment. Dan Wrieden is a decent human being, who is warm, friendly helpful and a decent hardworking neighbor.
What is the matter with you people.
Maybe you should examine the center of this whirl wind, Warren Curtin. Warren is a neurotic that has undergone therapy for many years and is taking drugs to calm his nerves and hyper active behavior. Warren is hated in the real estate industry for his mean and nasty behavior and many will not even do business with him. Why people are following this contorted individual much less believing what he says is a mystery. Why don't you put the hate, where the hate belongs on Warren Curtin.

You cannot live near him, if you did , you would know what a PARIAH he is.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
What a bunch of nonsense. Dan Wrieden and his partner both own their house on Wayne Street. His partner is not his "sugar daddy" but a well known professional in NYC.
Their relationship is a long term partnership which is a lot more successful than a lot of "marriages" I see in the world on a daily basis.
And
for the record their house on Wayne street is a perfect example of what a brownstone row house would have looked like in the late 19th Century, raised planter and miniature hedges and all. We may not like the way it looks but it is one of the more authentic houses in the neighborhood. We should all look carefully at the detail and follow this example of good taste.

Let's say OPEN very OPEN marriage.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
Did he learn this in History class at State ?
\

Good ol' New Jersey City University.

Gotta be honest with you.....most Ivies or other Top Tens have in their core curriculum an Art History class that includes enough rudimentary information about architecture in the 19th century, such that it rivals what he seems to have learned (based on his narrow-visioned implementation) in four years. By the way he walks around mandating such details, you'd think he had a Masters' from a top ten. Afraid not......try a 2001 undergrad from ol' 440 University.

I would like to see this position require some credits in History of Architecture. Even a decent private school offers that in the Art Department. I sure there must be some public institutions that do the same. What is his salary for ?
Not his knowlege, and most city workers start at much less.
I'm sure his job at NID was not over twenty eight thousand.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Resized ImageYou'd think this guy went to school for a long time but he just graduated in 2001. http://www.njcu.edu/dept/acp/coop_student_awards.html#dwrieden

If he doesn't ease up with all the rules I say we put up a collection to have him 'snatched up'. #OOPS# him and his Marvin Windows!

The "Acting Director" is said to have come around because Tom Corcoran, the Director, simply walked away to a better job, not caring what he left behind, knowing in a short period of time Shundler would appoint someone else. The period of time Dan held that title is said to have been less than two months, his whole employment at NID is about less than one year. Maureen Corrado, who ran Shundler's campaign, and a bar named Moochie's, was the next Director.

Many people said Wreiden was physically chased out of an neighborhood, by it's unhappy residents, (not downtown).
And, that he held "Bible classes" before work, preachy and "God Bless-ing" everyone, as if he was a priest. I'm sure the Hindus on staff loved that.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
that's funny.........."Route 440 University!"

... Harvard on the Blvd

Anonymous
that's funny.........."Route 440 University!"

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login