Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: West Side Avenue Light Rail station woman knifed and robbed.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
When I first moved here and was figuring out commuting options, I asked a lady at the bus stop if she thought the light rail was a good mode of transport. She said, "The light rail? You mean the death rail. I ain't riding on that thing. You are stuck inside that box and anyone can do anything they want to you." And she reeled off the names of several friends/relatives who had been bothered, mugged or raped in connection with a trip on the light rail. I haven't been on it since, which is too bad, because generally it is a pleasant clean ride.

Posted on: 2007/1/30 16:06

West Side Avenue Light Rail station woman knifed and robbed.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
She's knifed by mugger

Jersey Journal - January 30

A 22-year-old Jersey City woman was attacked by a knife-wielding mugger late Sunday night, cops said.

The Lexington Avenue woman told officers she was walking home from the Light Rail station on Claremont and West Side avenues around 11 p.m. when she noticed a woman following her. The unknown woman then came up behind her, stuck an object in her back, and said, "Give me your bag," reports said.

When the 22-year-old turned around, the other woman, who was wearing a full-length coat with gold lettering, punched her in the face, then stabbed her in the right hand and wrist. The mugger then yanked the victim's purse, which contained her passport, various papers and her wallet, and ran.

The victim was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center.

ALI WINSTON

Posted on: 2007/1/30 13:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017