Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Anonymous
Re: Daniel Wrieden aka 'Queer Eye For The Historic House Guy'
If I were Dan and based on the 5 pages of comments (none nice) from my neighbors proclaiming their hatred for me, I think I would resign. Get the drift Dan?

See ya Danny Boy.....
PS dont let the Marvin Wood Frame Door hit you in the a** on the way out.

Anonymous
Dan likes to feel like he has control over us. I have had a very very bad experience with my property and the process required for approval through Dans department. I regret buying and moving to JC single handledly because of Dan. His requests are unreasonable and he is unwilling for a comprimise.

I have written the Mayors office expressing my concern, to no avail. I am a single voice. If everyone who commented on this page wrote to the Mayor, I am sure our problem will be resloved.

Obviously I dont like him or Claire Davis. Wish my tax dollars were better soent, this is a waste.
Coles and Pavonia..........................

Anonymous
A GROUND SWELL? AGAINST DAN WRIEDEN? I DON'T THINK SO..AT LEAST NOT FROM THE SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT ARE KEEPING THIS TOPIC ALIVE ON THIS CHAT SITE.
DO THESE INDIVIDUALS HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT TO BASH AN OTHER WISE HARD WORKING CITY EMPLOYEE.
THERE ARE 300,000+ residents WHO LIVE IN JERSEY CITY, A 'GROUND SWELL" MIGHT BE........150,000 PEOPLE, NOT THE FIVE WHO ARE SENDING MULTIPLE COMMENTS TO THIS SITE..DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE OTHER PEOPLE READING THIS SITE, DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU LIVE.
GET A LIFE.

Anonymous
What a fantasy....Dan Wrieden is too busy and has to many jobs to keep a "hit list." This makes me laugh.

Anonymous
It's infuriating that Dan's allowed to continue on like nothing has happened. Maybe slap on the hand. This can't happen.

Anonymous
Quote:

Newsboy wrote:
He sounds a bit power-drunk.

He was so driven to rat people out for the wrong color on their door, that he did this for free for many years. He must get a charge out of it.

Anonymous
Quote:

Newsboy wrote:

I once hear him brag about calling up a local downtown landlord (owns about 30 properties), an yelling at him on the phone, then hanging up, not giving his name. I thought how childish, and what for? I almost didn't believe him.

Later a was speaking with the landlord, and mentioned Dan
Wreiden. The landlord told me of the call, and was sure it was Dan. It was quite obsence and angry. Comfirmation.
Why does he do these things? What is wrong with him?

Anonymous
He must enjoy the attention, because he does just do many things for negtive attention. Maybe he thinks some of the things he does are "boyish" pranks. But he is far beyond being a boy.

I heard a story from an N.I.D. worker that Wreiden left on his own. The story goes he simply refused to go to work, after reciving news that he would be working with Wayne Anderson. Wrieden had much to say about people in Anderson's life, and, ofcourse, all over town. Is this reason he would not come to work? That was the story at N.I.D.Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Okay, here's a million-dollar question.......

It seems the groundswell against Dan is gaining momentum. Do you think he'll move onto "greener pastures" on his own, or remain indignant and stay in a position where he's not wanted (and despised by some)?

Anonymous
What we think of Dan does not concern him. He has much pride and will only get worse.

Anonymous
Okay, here's a million-dollar question.......

It seems the groundswell against Dan is gaining momentum. Do you think he'll move onto "greener pastures" on his own, or remain indignant and stay in a position where he's not wanted (and despised by some)?

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/23 20:11
From Downtown, Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2004/10/20 23:18

Anonymous
There was a petition started.

I kinda liked that snatch collection idea someone else thought up.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
My slight mistake....I started the "Historic Preservation Office" thread, but so much of the subject matter seems interwoven. Anyways.....my question still stands: how do we oust ol' Danny Boy?

What do we need, a petition of some sort ? Adressed to whom? The Mayor?

I want to say the notes here, are the "Disney version" , of what I hear about this Dan Wreiden. The time has come to take some kind of action, and be rid of him. Let him "spread his joy elsewhere". Why were we, homeowner, so blessed with to begin with.

Anonymous
Quote:
I have heard there is a list Dan keeps, a "hit list" of people he wants ticketed.

Okay, now this was the major issue of the thread I started entitled "Historic Preservation Office." Dan wants people "ticketed?"

I really can't believe that he or his office can ticket anyone. Hate to beat a term to death, but with them it's like "double secret probation" with a red mark in your file. I don't think they can legally impose fines, and they can't sick the building department on you unless it's a zoning/code violation or safety issue. We've all heard the urban legends about police being dispatched to stop unauthorized jobs in progress. These uniformed knuckleheads can't even get off their asses and be proactive about gang activity ---- you really think their going to drop everything and come out for "unauthorized wrought iron installation?" Anyway, let's not have the thread stray to policing.

What is the Historic Preservation Office's authority to actually impose sanctions, levy fines, etc?

Anonymous
I have heard there is a list Dan keeps, a "hit list" of people he wants ticketed. I wonder if I am on it? I met a gentleman, dog walking in the park, who says there was such a list, a few years ago. He knew, because a co-worker in Dan's office told him that he was on it.

The gentleman from the park laughed because he thinks Dan is an "idiot" and as he said "not worth the dirt under my feet".

Why oh why, is this Dan employed in any position of power?

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Okay.....I should tell you that I'm the guy who started this whole thread and the feedback (and entertainment) has been superb. The only exceptions are the postings from the bleeding-heart morons with ulterior motives who think this has transcended to gay bashing simply because it has been noted that Dan is gay. Newsflash for the morons ---- Dan openly plays the gay card whenever it suits him, so when one plays the gay card, it's no longer taboo to discuss it openly about him or her.

Anyways......now that we have about 100-plus postings, we know this is a huge issue with people. HOW DO WE GET HIM OUT ???????

I know100% what this is about, trust me, and others are trying to shake down credability of legitimate complaints using gay bashing. So you have made an excellent point about this and started an excellent thread. It's a good question, how do we get rid of him?

Anonymous
My slight mistake....I started the "Historic Preservation Office" thread, but so much of the subject matter seems interwoven. Anyways.....my question still stands: how do we oust ol' Danny Boy?

Anonymous
Okay.....I should tell you that I'm the guy who started this whole thread and the feedback (and entertainment) has been superb. The only exceptions are the postings from the bleeding-heart morons with ulterior motives who think this has transcended to gay bashing simply because it has been noted that Dan is gay. Newsflash for the morons ---- Dan openly plays the gay card whenever it suits him, so when one plays the gay card, it's no longer taboo to discuss it openly about him or her.

Anyways......now that we have about 100-plus postings, we know this is a huge issue with people. HOW DO WE GET HIM OUT ???????

Anonymous
I see on this site that Dan worked at Davison whatever, his friend's business, but doubt he really ever did, or that he could produce records to prove it. Lying on the resume Dan? What does that lead me to think...Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Resized ImageYou'd think this guy went to school for a long time but he just graduated in 2001. http://www.njcu.edu/dept/acp/coop_student_awards.html#dwrieden

If he doesn't ease up with all the rules I say we put up a collection to have him 'snatched up'. #OOPS# him and his Marvin Windows!

Anonymous
The Wayne Street Group ?

Wasn't that the by-invitaion-only membership group, that had private meetings. The rest of Wayne street was not allowed to attend. One had to be selected for memberhip "tapped" so to speak.

Many people excluded were Black and Latino.

It makes one wonder about the motives and discussions of such a private group.

Anonymous
Quote:
I believe Dan is in his early 40s, although may claim younger.

Dan is younger ----- he's about 36.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
What a bunch of nonsense. Dan Wrieden and his partner both own their house on Wayne Street. His partner is not his "sugar daddy" but a well known professional in NYC.
Their relationship is a long term partnership which is a lot more successful than a lot of "marriages" I see in the world on a daily basis.
And
for the record their house on Wayne street is a perfect example of what a brownstone row house would have looked like in the late 19th Century, raised planter and miniature hedges and all. We may not like the way it looks but it is one of the more authentic houses in the neighborhood. We should all look carefully at the detail and follow this example of good taste.

Well known ? What lawyer isn't in the Martindale Hubble?

Anonymous
If submitting an application with Dan implies we're kissing his ass then you are sick and need help.

Anonymous
quote]
Anonymous wrote:
Bob Cotter and Dan Wrieden should be applauded for their outstanding work in improving the fabric of life in downtown Jersey City...I'm thrilled at the change for the better in this neighborhood and sorry for the folks who find rediculous reasons for denigrating anyone for their sexual preferences.

CHEERS, Joyce G. Davison
[quote]

I would like to inform, Joyce, and anyone else that doesn't have all the facts, that the complaints about Dan Wrieden are not ridiculous or have anything to do with his being gay. Those people that came forward by writing letters and who spoke at the Oct. 6th HPNA meeting were real people with real complaints. I was one of them.

Although this site can be a useful tool at times, it also brings out the worst side of human nature. It's sad that the real issue involving Dan is being spun into something it was never intended to be... a gay issue.

Another poster had remarked that the complainers were whining because they didn't get their way. That is partially correct. We never received the historical color paint chart to choose from. I never got one. I understand that has changed and people are now receiving them. And this is positive.

I believe Dan Wrieden has said some things he is now regretting.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your ignorant, homophobic post.

I've heard Dan describe his bad behavior as part of being
gay. The meaner he is the more gay he is-I think he needs to look in the handbook for caricatures. He can give good people a bad name.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Dan knows who we are.

How could he posibly when so many people kiss his ass for permits, then trash him afterwards.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Architect's are like people, they are not "God" Some are good architects and some are terribly bad architects. I think that all we have to do is look around our environment to understand that.
So to simply say that any architect has credibility, without mentioning the person's name is just not true. There are many practicing architects in and around Jersey City...there are only three, that I can think of, that are truly talented designers, construction experts and are as well versed in 19th C design and building practices, or for that matter modern design and building practices.
To have an architect stand up and make comments in a public forum, doesn't necessary mean that the comments or observations are correct. Some doctors kill patients, some architects destroy otherwise well designed buildings.
Will the registered architect (I am assuming that they were registered) come forward, so we know whether or not they are accomplished and talented.

There are degrees offered in Architectural History. I know of 2 people on Wayne Street that have them. Why did not the city hire someone with such a background.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
These comments are outrageous and hurtful and would not be said if the writers name was on the bottom of the comment. Dan Wrieden is a decent human being, who is warm, friendly helpful and a decent hardworking neighbor.
What is the matter with you people.
Maybe you should examine the center of this whirl wind, Warren Curtin. Warren is a neurotic that has undergone therapy for many years and is taking drugs to calm his nerves and hyper active behavior. Warren is hated in the real estate industry for his mean and nasty behavior and many will not even do business with him. Why people are following this contorted individual much less believing what he says is a mystery. Why don't you put the hate, where the hate belongs on Warren Curtin.

You shuld really ask some of the nieghbors what they think, on Wayne as well as Mercer Street. The neighbors make Dan out to be meaner than fresh catshit.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
What a bunch of nonsense. Dan Wrieden and his partner both own their house on Wayne Street. His partner is not his "sugar daddy" but a well known professional in NYC.
Their relationship is a long term partnership which is a lot more successful than a lot of "marriages" I see in the world on a daily basis.
And
for the record their house on Wayne street is a perfect example of what a brownstone row house would have looked like in the late 19th Century, raised planter and miniature hedges and all. We may not like the way it looks but it is one of the more authentic houses in the neighborhood. We should all look carefully at the detail and follow this example of good taste.

I guess you are one of those people wh don't know that
when you are not your lover's legal next of kin, his paretns are. They can keep you out of a hospital room if he becomes ill, even if you are the main caretaker. Should you partner die, unless he has a will that says otherwise, the house and all goes to the family.

This is why we need laws to protect us, we live in such fragile situations.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
He does not own a piece of property and has no idea the cost of some of his requests.

That is correct......although he apparently lives with his sugar daddy partner (who is about ten years older than he from what I understand from a good source).........and have you seen what's in the front of their house? Some hideous staute/sculpture/kinda-fountain thing surrounded by flowers and foliage.

Let one of us come into the Historical Preservation Office asking for that for our property (yes Dan, a property we actually own in our own name), and I'm sure we'd be jumping hurdles like you've never seen!

I believe Dan is in his early 40s, although may claim younger.

The house looks like a funeral home.

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017