Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Jersey City's Parks and Open Space Master Plan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/11 21:46
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Yes - we DEFINITELY need equestrian fields ! I just skimmed up all these posts again. Where is Camp Liberty? It is appalling to imagine that they are shutting it down for more diamonds.

Loved the term "baseball mafia" as well. Don't you like the way they try to present anyone who is against more baseball fields as anti-child? There are children that play other sports, such as soccer. On top of that, there are many children who wouldn't be caught dead playing any team sports. What are those kids, many of them no doubt patrons of Camp Liberty, to do?

On top of that, playing fields are only used for a relatively brief amount of time and cost a massive amount of change to maintain. The two baseball fields already at Pershing Fields are high maintenance and we pay for it.When I suggested that the supporters of a third baseball field in Reservoir 3 (next to the two already at Pershing Fields) find another location; I had no idea that other neighborhoods were overrun with diamonds.

I looked at the plans for Reservoir 3 and while I would have liked to see less active space in Plan A, it definitely beats Plan B with its baseball and football fields. It would also cost the taxpayers considerably less -7,115, as opposed to $12,175 of Plan B. And don't forget, if Plan B goes through, maintenance is going to run much more, what with the playing fields needing to be resodded and all.

Assuming the city doesn't hassle the JC Reservoir Preservation Alliance the way they did last year and the group is able to open it in April, you all should really come and see it. It is gorgeous - looks just like the Powers that Be decided to pick up part of the Delaware Water Gap and drop in an urban shopping zone for laughs. .And for those of you who either don't have cars or who don't want to lose parking - I can give you great directions by public transportation or bike.

Posted on: 2007/1/11 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
Ya never know what the tax payers will ask for and expect. But it at least seems for now tennis, basketball, soccer and running are the flavors of the day.

[quote]
NONdowntown wrote:
Oooooh what about lacrosse fields and a polo grounds? And an equestrian course? The needs of the citizens of jersey city are ever ignored!!!

[quote]

Posted on: 2007/1/11 23:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/11 3:55
Group:
Banned
Oooooh what about lacrosse fields and a polo grounds? And an equestrian course? The needs of the citizens of jersey city are ever ignored!!!

Quote:

SamS wrote:
With the additional 700 or so people moving in to the new developments in the Hamilton Park area, there is most definitely going to be much greater demand for more tennis courts, soccer fields, tracks, etc. etc. So hold on.

Quote:

tern wrote:
We need a soccer field in Ware E.
Currently to play soccer you have to trek to Lincoln park.

The roller hockey rink in Mary Benson park and the tennis courts in Hamilton park are more frequently used for soccer than they are their intended purpose.

Please lets have a public soccer field in Ward E!

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/1/11 22:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
This was from Governor Corzine's State Of The State Address on Tuesday:

"I know we need to protect our open space and create more urban parks, particularly in light of the need to ask the voters to renew the Garden State Preservation Trust."

Posted on: 2007/1/11 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
With the additional 700 or so people moving in to the new developments in the Hamilton Park area, there is most definitely going to be much greater demand for more tennis courts, soccer fields, tracks, etc. etc. So hold on.

Quote:

tern wrote:

The roller hockey rink in Mary Benson park and the tennis courts in Hamilton park are more frequently used for soccer than they are their intended purpose.

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/1/11 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tern wrote:

Robin.

Not a chance, we couldn't even get the ballfield at Enos Jones to be dual use, the baseball mafia is too strong here. Any space large enough is either owned by developers or going to be sold to them by our perennially broke city.

The worst thing I've seen in the plan so far is evicting Camp Liberty to make more ballfields. there's no way that makes sense especially in a kids/acre/hr calculation. hundreds of kids all summer can't be beat by a couple of diamonds.

Posted on: 2007/1/11 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2007/1/11 19:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/10/30 21:29
Group:
Registered Users
As Aunt Linda from SNL would say, "Oh, Brother" on Reservoir 3. I just don't get it. How do either of the plans (the baseball and football field one particularly idiotic) reflect anything whatsoever of the public outcry for preservation and passive space? 9 acres were designated for open space after years of fighting, so now that can get translated into ball fields? So here we go again, starting the fight from scratch to try and protect it.

Man, I'm getting really tired.

Posted on: 2007/1/10 3:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/11 21:46
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City believes if you can't pave it over or pour asphalt over it, what good is it?

I can't wait to see the plans for Reservoir 3. I hear one has a football and baseball field and the other one is half and half active and passive space.

Thank you for reminding me to check this out. Can't wait to see how Jersey City is planning to squander its resources.

I grew up in the Western Slope part of the Heights. It still is pretty but the Heights overall is growing more and more ugly.

As a matter of fact, our signs should read "Welcome to Jersey City".

By the way, if Heights-Slope residents have any concerns over overdevelopment, crime or other issues, Gaughan and Lipski will be at the Riverview Healthcare Center on Franklin and Ogden tonight at 7:30.

Posted on: 2007/1/9 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I think it's best to provide feedback DIRECTLY to the T&M folks that were hired by the City to conduct the study and are conducting the public meetings. Take the time to attend if you are in this ward so they are clear on what your concerns are.

I'm going to attend tonights meeting along with some members from the Jersey City Parks Coalition. I wonder if Smokin Joe will be there!

Posted on: 2007/1/9 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Get ready for more ballcourts!

Posted on: 2007/1/9 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
There are some "interesting" recomendations in the draft plan.

The draft plan can be viewed here - Jersey City Draft Master Plan

Warning, it is a big pdf file.

After reviewing, if you have comments/concerns, please share with info@civicjc.org. Of course, please attend the public meetings and provide feedback to the study.

Posted on: 2007/1/9 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Minnie wrote:

January 23, 2007 6:00 - 9:00 PM City Hall, Anna Cucci Memorial Council Chambers, 280 Grove Street

I'm going to take an extremelly large guess that this is WARD E.

Posted on: 2007/1/9 12:38

Jersey City's Parks and Open Space Master Plan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the schedule from the Division of Architecture's website:

TONIGHT: WARD F
January 9, 2007 6:00 - 9:00 PM Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center, 140 Martin Luther King Drive

UPCOMING PUBLIC MEETINGS:

January 16, 2007 6:00 - 9:00 PM Moose Hall, 60 West Side Avenue (WARD A)

January 23, 2007 6:00 - 9:00 PM City Hall, Anna Cucci Memorial Council Chambers, 280 Grove Street

January 25, 2007 6:00 - 9:00 PM School #28, 167 Hancock Ave.

February 6, 2007 6:00 - 9:00 PM Hank Gallo Hall, Lincoln Park

February 13, 2007 6:00 - 9:00 PM Pershing Field Community Center, 201 Central Avenue

Posted on: 2007/1/9 12:10

Edited by Minnie on 2007/1/9 12:26:48
Edited by Minnie on 2007/1/9 12:27:23
Edited by Minnie on 2007/1/9 12:33:56
Edited by Minnie on 2007/1/9 12:36:36

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?