Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Anonymous
Re: Should Downtown Jersey City Secede?
It sure isn't that easy - it's nearly impossible to revise city political borders. Still, I don't see how secession translates to "getting rid" of the rest of JC. They would be their own city and our late mayor's race baiting would achieve its deserved result - first priority for the non-waterfront neighborhoods. Of course such a burg would not have the downtown cash cow to exploit. I suspect that this is a big part of why you find it offensive.

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Oh, Lord - now I've heard it all - I've seen and heard plenty of elitist Ward E attitudes regarding how far superior the downtown area is to the "balance" of Jersey City, but a desire to secede - now, that says it all. It just smacks of "well, we really don't like the other wrong side of the tracks - let's just get rid of it altogether, by forming our own city!" It's not that easy...

Anonymous
...oversensitive people on bulletin boards who have no sense of sarcastic humor don't seem to be in short supply.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
No 'commies' or minorities allowed!!!!!

then you'll have to go. thankfully, outspokenly racist jerks like you are a dying breed around here, definitely a "minority".

Anonymous
Yeah! Lets do it! From Hoboken to the North down to the southern edge of Liberty State Park (WE get the park!!!) and from the river back to the turnpike with a huge electric fence running under the turnpike!!!!!

Sort of like our own 'checkpoint charlie'!

No 'commies' or minorities allowed!!!!!

Anonymous
Sorry, I should have added - Why is this under real estate, I'd like to see it moved under General Discussion where more people might see it and present their ideas.

Punch

Anonymous
I have thought about this for years. When the waterfront was still weeds and abandoned railroad track. I never thought of it as elitist - just an issue of management. I think that smaller, community based governments might work better. Maybe we need more accountability and community input at the ward level. Maybe we need stronger volunteer programs. Maybe we just need elected officials who are competent and who care. Secession is an extreme response.

If, let's say the city broke up into Downtown, Bergen, Greenville, JSq/Marian, The Heights, etc. would any of these new cities have fewer people than places like Guttenberg or East Newark? Smaller may work better.

Punch

Anonymous
Hoboken was never part of Jersey City.

Anonymous
Oh, Lord - now I've heard it all - I've seen and heard plenty of elitist Ward E attitudes regarding how far superior the downtown area is to the "balance" of Jersey City, but a desire to secede - now, that says it all. It just smacks of "well, we really don't like the other wrong side of the tracks - let's just get rid of it altogether, by forming our own city!" It's not that easy...

Anonymous
Yeah lets do it, Hoboken was part of Jersey City!

Anonymous
Should Downtown Jersey City Secede?
What a wonderful brainstorming idea?

Should Ward E Downtown Jersey City ditch the balance of Jersey City and take responsibility for its own future? Any practical issues to address or obstacles to making this a reality?

Pros - Cons?

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017