Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville Lex Mob -- All-out Melee Involving 40 Officers and 200 Residents -- Cop brutality cla
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a typical Saturday nite party on my block.

Posted on: 2006/9/29 16:35

Re: Greenville Lex Mob -- All-out Melee Involving 40 Officers and 200 Residents -- Cop brutality claimed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
Mary Capers, 46, Darrell's mother, was charged with riot and failure to disperse; her daughter, Shaquana Capers, 22, was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer; another son, Stanley Capers, 31, was charged with resisting arrest and eluding police officers, Donaghue said.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM. worthless f**kin parents. Sorry i have to live amoungst these people, and i'm fed up. They let their kids run wild. i'm gonna start carrying a billy club myself.

Posted on: 2006/9/29 16:32

Re: Greenville Lex Mob -- All-out Melee Involving 40 Officers and 200 Residents -- Cop brutality cla
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a riot!

Hard to imagine 200 neighbors turning on 40 cops!

==================
Here is page 2 of the article
=================

To prevent the gang from re-establishing itself, police have been clamping down on quality-of-life offenses, said Donaghue.

When the two officers asked the man for identification, he refused, and shoved one of the officers, Donaghue said.

Police eventually wrestled him into handcuffs, and a search of the man, later identified as 30-year-old Darrell Capers of Jersey City, turned up 20 vials of suspected cocaine, Donaghue said.

By this time a crowd had gathered and someone threw a bottle at the officers and the call for back-up was made, according to police.

Five police officers were treated and released from Jersey City Medical Center that night as a result of the incident, Donaghue said.

Capers was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer and possession of a controlled dangerous substance, Donaghue said.

Mary Capers, 46, Darrell's mother, was charged with riot and failure to disperse; her daughter, Shaquana Capers, 22, was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer; another son, Stanley Capers, 31, was charged with resisting arrest and eluding police officers, Donaghue said.

Jerome Sherman, 29, of Jersey City, also was arrested and charged with resisting arrest and eluding police.

Posted on: 2006/9/29 15:41

Re: Greenville Lex Mob -- All-out Melee Involving 40 Officers and 200 Residents -- Cop brutality claimed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/5 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
pazman wrote:
Maybe, but that would be for a jury to determine.

Nah, the city will just settle for 2.4 million, just like they did in the Michael Anglin case (i.e. 15 year old car thief jumps on a cop holding a gun which then goes off killing the kid).

Posted on: 2006/9/29 15:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 12:23
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
yeah, i was just walking along like a good citizen and these cops appeared and beat me up for no reason....

bullsh*t!

Maybe, but that would be for a jury to determine.

Posted on: 2006/9/29 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, i was just walking along like a good citizen and these cops appeared and beat me up for no reason....

bullsh*t!

Posted on: 2006/9/29 15:25

Greenville Lex Mob -- All-out Melee Involving 40 Officers and 200 Residents -- Cop brutality claimed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
'SCENE WAS CHAOTIC'
Cop brutality claims after a drug arrest
Friday, September 29, 2006
By KEN THORBOURNE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A routine quality-of-life summons last week on Lexington Avenue in Jersey City turned into an all-out melee involving 40 officers and 200 local residents, resulting in six arrests, five officers being hospitalized and three Internal Affairs complaints.

"The scene was chaotic," Police Chief Tom Comey said yesterday, describing what he saw last Thursday night when he arrived on the scene as part of a citywide call for assistance.

"We're gathering all the information. Everything is being analyzed," said Comey, adding his chief-of-staff, Capt. Hugh Donaghue, is in charge of investigating the incident.

"I want to restore the community's faith in the police," Comey said.

That may prove difficult when it comes to a group of about 20 Lexington Avenue residents who came to Wednesday night's City Council meeting to complain about what they said was unwarranted rough treatment at the hands of police.

Isaac Thomas said he walking with his 5-year-old daughter and 3-year-old nephew when a police officer rushing to the scene grabbed him and pummeled him with a nightstick. He said doctors at Greenville Hospital told him he has cracked ribs.

Police said Thomas was arrested after punching a cop.

Robert Nickens said he was struck twice in the left leg by an officer wielding a nightstick - for no reason.

Other residents complained of similar injuries.

According to police officials, the incident began at 7:18 p.m. on Lexington Avenue near Bergen Avenue when police saw a man drinking alcohol in front of a building they say is the headquarters of the Lex Mob - a violent gang that has lost most of its leadership to jail, authorities said.

Posted on: 2006/9/29 10:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017