Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Judge -- "Anyone who thinks this gangster life is cool, this sentence will show them it isn't."
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

deathmask wrote:
Quote:

ratslayer wrote:
demographics, moron

Ever heard of the Baby-Boom Generation?

Most of these folks had hit their 20s & 30s --their crime-doing years -- in the 60s, 70s, 80s. Many died. Many went to jail. Many got their shit together in the 90s, joining the ever-prosperous legit system crated by progressive dems and reps. Also, follow-up generations just didn't have the numbers to maintain the mass crime wave of the 60s-80s ...

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

But wait, England also had a baby boom after WWII and their crime rate is skyrocketing and has been since the early 90's when ours started dropping.

How do you explain that moron?

Easy, our crime figures were low to begin with and most of our crime was related to alcohol abuse! What better way to help this situation by introducing 24-hour drinking!!!!!!

BBC Story

Posted on: 2006/9/27 19:20

Re: Judge -- "Anyone who thinks this gangster life is cool, this sentence will show them it isn't."

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/1 16:19
Group:
Banned
all criminals should be publically beheaded in their respective town squares.

Posted on: 2006/9/27 18:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/5 17:42
Group:
Banned
Quote:

deathmask wrote:
i noticed not one of you dealt with the issue i mentioned. curious, what is "the left's" position on why crime has dropped nationally for a long time?

i know you won't be giving me the view mentioned in "freakonomics."

count me in as interested. i would love to hear about your theory pertaining to the causal relationship between tough law enforcement and declining crime rates. do you have a link to a study or something??

Posted on: 2006/9/27 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
dog pile on the rabbit!
dog pile on the rabbit!

I'm Waiting

Posted on: 2006/9/27 12:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/7 14:37
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ratslayer wrote:
demographics, moron

Most of these folks had hit their 20s & 30s --their crime-doing years -- in the 60s, 70s, 80s. Many died. Many went to jail. Many got their shit together in the 90s, joining the ever-prosperous legit system crated by progressive dems and reps. Also, follow-up generations just didn't have the numbers to maintain the mass crime wave of the 60s-80s ...

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

But wait, England also had a baby boom after WWII and their crime rate is skyrocketing and has been since the early 90's when ours started dropping.

How do you explain that moron?

Posted on: 2006/9/23 6:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/10/12 23:21
Group:
Registered Users
I think kife in prison is too good for these two guys. They do deserve the death penalty for what they did. Save the tax payers some money!

Posted on: 2006/9/23 5:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
demographics, moron

and today ... Locking the bad guys up helps to an extent, but many convicted felons serve little time behind bars do to overcrowding. Also, the police in many cities have gotten their shit together. And ain't it ironic, Mr. Right Winger, that the safest city in America is New York, the liberal sodomite kike capital of the world ... damn hyper-successful lefties

Posted on: 2006/9/23 5:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i noticed not one of you dealt with the issue i mentioned. curious, what is "the left's" position on why crime has dropped nationally for a long time?

i know you won't be giving me the view mentioned in "freakonomics."

Posted on: 2006/9/22 23:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
dog pile on the rabbit!
dog pile on the rabbit!

http://jamesb3.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/1/13/141448/171

Posted on: 2006/9/22 18:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/5 17:42
Group:
Banned
Quote:

deathmask wrote:
excellent!

the left likes to talk about how many people we have in prisons in the U.S. what they don't talk about is the fact that since the justice system started getting serious about keeping violent criminals locked up, the national crime rate has plummeted.

it's so obvious. they just want to stay blind to reality.

uh yes, of course. we leftists just love to see innocent people killed in minority communities. yep, i was just reading marx, i think it's in chapter 10 of das kapital " the working class revolution will only occur when more people are murdered in fast food restaurants" . that marx, he was a real profit er uh prophet!

and just to throw a wrench into this incredibly presumptuous
generalization: i have a very close family member who is on the left side of things politically and is also a tough as nails criminal prosecutor.

hmmmmmmmm

Posted on: 2006/9/22 17:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
For deathmask: straw man
"A straw man argument is a logical fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is to create a position that is easy to refute, then attribute that position to the opponent. A straw-man argument can be a successful rhetorical technique (that is, it may succeed in persuading people) but it is in fact misleading, because the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted."

Posted on: 2006/9/22 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

deathmask wrote:
excellent!

the left likes to talk about how many people we have in prisons in the U.S. what they don't talk about is the fact that since the justice system started getting serious about keeping violent criminals locked up, the national crime rate has plummeted.

these two "gangbangers" can spend the rest of their life banging gangbangers behind bars.

Don't be a jerk. As someone you'd probably consider being on "the left," I say good job by the cops, these two and others like them belong behind bars for a long, long time, and I wouldn't lose too much sleep if they were dead.

Any violent criminal deserves a hefty, hefty sentence.

Posted on: 2006/9/22 15:09
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/8 22:08
Group:
Registered Users
i add my voice to the chorus of lefties who request that the right kindly stop attempting to speak for us to tell us what "the left" is gonna say. you clearly have no clue.

Posted on: 2006/9/22 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Life in prison is a waste, they don't deserve to live. NJ should inact the death penalty for these types of cases. Its obvious that they have no care for human life.

Anyone watch the last episode of '30 Days'? Think of cases like this when you watch that show.

Posted on: 2006/9/22 14:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSalt wrote:
Quote:

deathmask wrote:
excellent!

these two "gangbangers" can spend the rest of their life banging gangbangers behind bars.

I don't know what gives you the right to speak for "the left," but as a part of "the left," I'm happy to see people like this locked up.

I just don't think we should be clogging the system with kids caught with a little bag of pot.

Exactly!!!!! Deathmask, way to go with turning a positive story into a political debate! No-one on the left that I know would have a problem locking these guys up - they might have a problem applying the death penalty - and you will probably find that anti-penalty does not mean anti-jail time...

Posted on: 2006/9/22 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

deathmask wrote:
excellent!

I don't know what gives you the right to speak for "the left," but as a part of "the left," I'm happy to see people like this locked up.

I just don't think we should be clogging the system with kids caught with a little bag of pot.

Posted on: 2006/9/22 12:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
excellent!

Posted on: 2006/9/22 8:02

Judge -- "Anyone who thinks this gangster life is cool, this sentence will show them it isn't."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
NO JOKE!
Life sentences wipe smiles off their faces
Friday, September 22, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Laughing and flashing what appeared to be gang signs as they walked into court yesterday, two Jersey City men were sentenced to more than 100 years in prison each for murdering a man during the robbery of a chicken restaurant, an incident that ended in a shootout with police.

Lee Johnson, 27, and Rodney Johnson, 25, were sentenced by state Superior Court Judge Camille Kenny for killing James "Chip" Ransom, who was gunned down on Nov. 12, 2003 in United Fried Chicken on Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City.

They were convicted of his murder and other crimes on June 17 after two hours of jury deliberations, said Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Robert Lane.

Police Detective Victor Smith and two other officers exchanged fire with the brothers as they fled that night, wounding both, Lane said.

"You showed no regard for anybody, so I can't show any for you," said Kenny. "You will never hurt anybody again.

"Anyone who thinks this gangster life is cool, this sentence will show them it isn't. You made your life. You gave yourselves this sentence."

Lee Johnson was sentenced to life in prison - which is actually 75 years - for Ranson's murder and 25 years for the attempted murder of Smith. He is currently serving five years in prison for unrelated drug charges.

Rodney Johnson was also sentenced to life for the murder, 25 years for robbery and is currently serving seven years on drug charges and five for aggravated assault.

The assault was on Jersey City Police Officer Elsie Mendoza, whom Rodney Johnson threw to the ground during his drug arrest, said Lane. She has been on desk duty since then, officials said.

Both brothers must serve their sentences consecutively.

Ranson was with his cousin, David Ranson, in United Fried Chicken when the Johnson brothers walked in, took out handguns and ordered everyone to the floor, Lane said. During the robbery James Ransom was shot seven times - including three times after he was already down - and David Ranson was beaten, reports said.

Smith, who was working an off-duty detail nearby, called for backup and ran to the restaurant. The Johnson brothers walked out and opened fire on Smith, who returned fire, reports said. He and two other cops hit both Johnson brothers, reports said.

Rodney Johnson was arrested that night and Lee Johnson was arrested the next day after showing up at a Newark hospital with a gunshot wound, claiming he'd been robbed, police said.

Three bullets were removed from Ransom during the autopsy and ballistics matched one to Rodney Johnson's gun and the others to Lee Johnson's gun, Lane said.

"The community is a safer place," said Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio.

James Ranson's father, Irvin Smart, spoke passionately of his loss before Kenny handed down the sentences.

"I'm not here to condemn you, God is going to take care of that," said Smart. "I'm not here to take your lives, you already did that. I'm just here to see the instruments of the devil."

Posted on: 2006/9/22 7:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017