Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Web Site Editor subpoenaed in civil case by attorney for the City of Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
This is a good time to bring up anonymous browsing. You can download software (such as http://torpark.nfshost.com/) that makes it almost impossible to trace your source.

If you are paranoid about privacy you should look into using such services.

Posted on: 2006/9/15 0:55

Re: Web Site Editor subpoenaed in civil case by attorney for the City of Jersey City
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
The infomation we collect is what you give to us when you register or update your profile using the User Menu when you are logged in.

The other information is your IP Address which we would reveal to others ONLY if we were ordered by a judge in a court order.

I looked up the IP for GrovePath and can see that Verizon is their ISP and yahoo.com is the email provider but that is all I can find out ot this person unless they choose to reveal more about themselves. Another court order served to verizon and yahoo.com could compel them to reveal the name and address of the person that registered for internet service and email. It is very difficult to obtain such a court order and we have never been served with one.

We will not say that we retain these IP records and may choose to purge them more frequently if that will minimize our liability. We will do everything possible to maintain the privacy of those that contribute legitamate, lawful, and usefull information to the jclist.com website.

Posted on: 2006/9/15 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Webmaster, do you archive any info on jclist posters? Can you purge this info from time to time? Say every hour - haha

GETNJ.com is a crazy site!

I can see slander being an issue.

Posted on: 2006/9/15 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Well in that case, let me clarify a few things here. Wanda is definately not a ho. That flashy dressed man is not necessarily a pimp. The mayor is only a social drinker. Gabby hayes, Roy Rodgers and Hopalong Cassidy were NOT gay. Lieutenant Dan is not a dot com billionaire. Or is He?

Posted on: 2006/9/15 0:09

Web Site Editor subpoenaed in civil case by attorney for the City of Jersey City
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
Another website operator is ordered to reveal information about Message Forum posts. He probably knows nothing about the posters identity.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1701351/posts

We ask that all of you excersize your "freedom of speech" in a responsible manner here. This is a moderated forum and any post that is considered to be false or slanderous may be removed. If we are to go to jail then it better be for a really good reason.

Posted on: 2006/9/14 23:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017