Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
44 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 44

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NEW POLICE CHIEF TOM COMEY SWORN IN TODAY.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, the Police force is a reflection of the community it serves.

That being the case, the crime rate and the management of law and order is at an acceptable level in Jersey City!

I on the other hand, believe the lower the socioeconomic demographics of a community, the higher the academic requirements are needed from management to make change.
Management then have the ability to instruct and direct frontline officers to effect that change.

Posted on: 2006/8/26 20:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Wow, these 2 guys really are 'blue collar' public speakers and come across as having a management style that is also very 'blue collar'.

hudson county is generally a blue collar, democratic area. including kearny, harrison and secaucus.

Posted on: 2006/8/26 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
Quote:

He comes across as a guy who enjoys a good meal and a few beers!

He'll fit right in with Healy then

Posted on: 2006/8/26 19:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
Just watched the swearing in of Chief Comey by the Mayor on T.V. (must of been a repeat)

Wow, these 2 guys really are 'blue collar' public speakers and come across as having a management style that is also very 'blue collar'.

After listening to him and then looking at some of the District Commanders resumes, (posted on other subject titles) there would be a few Commanders upset with his appointment.

Our Commander for this area has the right academic credentials to understand that there is a cause and effect to crime, not merely a case of enforcing the crime by just making arrests but also addressing its true cause to prevent an on going cycle.

Comey comes across as a reactive crime fighter not a proactive one.

I hope my assessment of the Chief is incorrect and that he has a network of 'thinkers' around him, but this did not come across on what I saw on T.V.

He comes across as a guy who enjoys a good meal and a few beers!

Posted on: 2006/8/26 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Whats trully good for JC isn't from JC and that is , we need some out of towners, that is new residents who havn't been exposed to the same ole' bullshit govt in town to register their names for future ballots and lets be done with the continued practice...

CK

Posted on: 2006/7/3 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The message I get is - they do not care....

Maybe if we could double our voter turn out.....they would need to care.

Posted on: 2006/7/3 3:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's kinda funny in that Healy and his subordinates don't realize that the way things are going in this town are: unless you please the incomers, ie, the ex-NYC citizens like myself we are going to vote against you down the line. I do not have a tax abatement but I hate the way this town is run. Register my vote for Fulop...........

Posted on: 2006/7/2 2:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/12/10 5:50
Group:
Registered Users
i'm really starting to lose faith in this town. i've invested millions over here and i'm seriously thinking of selling out. almost everything seems to be getting worse. i hope it's temporary. i'll stick it out a bit more, but things really need to rebound for the better soon.

Posted on: 2006/7/1 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
Troy's chief of staff. oh great.

Posted on: 2006/7/1 20:09
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

NEW POLICE CHIEF TOM COMEY SWORN IN TODAY.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
CHIEF COMEY
Prosecutor, PBA chief applaud city's new top cop
Friday, June 30, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City Police Lt. Tom Comey will be sworn in today as the new police chief at a ceremony at the South District station, where he worked as district commander earlier in his career, police sources said yesterday.

Comey has been the chief of staff for Police Chief Robert Troy, who announced his retirement Tuesday after 22 months as the city's top cop.

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said he believes Mayor Jerramiah Healy's expected appointment of Comey is a good choice.

"I had a meeting with Lt. Comey early this week and I was impressed with his vision for the Police Department," DeFazio said. "He told me he plans to stay for a number of years in the position of chief, and I believe that continuity in office is very desirable."

A spokesman for Healy, Stan H. Eason, said the mayor would not comment.

DeFazio said he worked with Comey in the late 1990s, when he was the county's first assistant prosecutor and Comey was South District commander. DeFazio characterized the working relationship as "very open and cooperative."

Harry Sandwith, president of the Jersey City Police Officers Benevolent Association, said he's worked with Comey a long time and predicted he will be easier to work with than Troy.

"I think he's a very fair guy and I think he's more of a street cop than Chief Troy was, and that's good," Sandwith said. "I've had some conversations with (Comey) and I'm sure we are going to be able to work a lot better with Chief Comey then Chief Troy."

Troy could not be reached last night to respond to Sandwith's comments.

Asked if the new chief should have been chosen from among officers at a rank higher than lieutenant, Sandwith said it isn't an issue. He noted that one former director of the department was only a sergeant.

The swearing-in ceremony is at 4 p.m. at the police station, at 191 Bergen Ave.

Posted on: 2006/6/30 21:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017