Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JERSEY CITY POLICE CHIEF TROY CALLING IT QUITS
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
this is majorly screwed up.

Posted on: 2006/8/22 16:56

Re: A (Robert) Troy Ounce of Gold
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Healy should have put that in his last tax bill letter...

You're taxes are going up 18% to pay for your ex chief's pension and current salary.

No wonder we can't afford new LEOs the old useless ones are taking all the cash.

Posted on: 2006/8/22 14:17

A (Robert) Troy Ounce of Gold

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/8 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
FORMER JERSEY CITY TOP COP COVERS ALL BASES

When you think rich ? the Jersey City Police Department might not be the first place to look, but, as The Jersey Journal reports, it turns out you could set yourself up pretty well by fighting crime in Hudson County. Former Jersey City Police Chief Robert Troy, who retired July 1, has a $96,200 annual pension and a $70,000 a year salary at his new job as an aide in the county?s Department of Administration and Finance. And there?s more. He also received nearly $150,000 in unused sick days, holidays and vacation time after retiring. Plus, Troy is doing consulting work for Hudson County Sheriff Joseph T. Cassidy, researching the possibility of creating a county police academy, and he?s on the short list of candidates for the sheriff?s chief warrant officer position. 8-22-06

story time

ah the good life.

Posted on: 2006/8/22 14:08

TROY'S PAYDAY
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/1/29 17:28
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ever wonder how your property taxes are spent by the city and county?

TROY'S PAYDAY
Saturday, August 19, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Pension, county job add up for ex-chief

Former Jersey City Police Chief Robert Troy, who has gone from fighting crime to pushing pencils as a $70,000 a year confidential aide in Hudson County government, is also raking in $96,200 a year in pension, according to government records.

Troy was chief from December 2004 to July 1 of this year at a salary of $148,176, and at retirement he received a payout of $147,958 for unused sick days, holidays and vacation time, according to state and city records. In addition to his tenure as chief, Troy served on the police department for just under 24 years.

Troy makes $70,000 a year as an aide in the county Department of Administration and Finance and is also the top candidate for a high ranking job in the Hudson County Sheriff's Office, officials said.

With his county job, he has an annual income in retirement greater than that of the highest law enforcement official in the county, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio, who makes about $141,000 a year.

Attempts to reach Troy last night were unsuccessful.

In his current job he looks for ways to cut overtime and deploy staff, which he gained experience in as police chief, according to Jim Kennelly, spokesman for Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise.

"The county executive is pleased to have him on board," said Kennelly.

Troy is on a very short list to fill a vacancy left by the retirement of Sheriff's Office Chief Warrant Officer John Curran, Hudson County Sheriff Joseph Cassidy said.

Cassidy said in the next few months he will make a decision on who will fill the post, which also pays around $70,000 a year. Troy would be outranked by the sheriff and under-sheriffs.

Troy is also doing research for Cassidy on the feasibility of starting a county police academy, which would be used to train officers for Hudson County's municipal police departments and for Sheriff's officers, Cassidy said.

If he were to be named chief warrant officer, Troy would command the Sheriff's Office's detective bureau and oversee the execution of arrest warrants, the transportation of prisoners to treatment facilities and the extradition of fugitives to Hudson County.

The Sheriff's Office cleared about 6,000 criminal arrest warrants last year, including making more than 3,000 arrests. The office extradited 172 prisoners to Hudson County.

Journal staff writer Jarrett Renshaw contributed to this report

? 2006 The Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2006/8/19 15:21
25mc Watchdog Group
www.25mc.com Blog
www.25mc.org Web Site

Re: Comey New Chief
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
From the JJ article:
Quote:
A spokesman for Healy, Stan H. Eason, said the mayor would not comment.

I'm not surprised. Let's not forget, to quote s_f, "Lt. Tom Comey (major supporter of the chief) and Police Chief Troy have crafted an ordinance that will govern how officers receive overtime pay. Tom Comey's wife owns a security firm that employs off duty officers, so his wife would directly benefit from passage of the ordinance" (previous post and JJ article here).

Posted on: 2006/6/30 17:10

Comey New Chief
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
From today's Jersey Journal. No surprise here...

Jersey City Police Lt. Tom Comey will be sworn in today as the new police chief at a ceremony at the South District station, where he worked as district commander earlier in his career, police sources said yesterday. read the rest...

Posted on: 2006/6/30 16:27

Edited by super_furry on 2006/6/30 17:05:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
I'm posting simply to get my sig line in here too.

Posted on: 2006/6/29 14:47
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
yes, the finances behind PILOTS and abatements are conveniently complicated/obfuscated, but to find the truth, just follow the money... in the NY TImes article, the only supporters of Mayor McTipsy they could find to cite were the big developers coming into town. That in itself speaks volumes to me (a point missed by the NY Times cub reporter assigned to the JC beat).

...I mean, especially now, who doesn't believe the phrase "candy from a baby" *hasn't* crossed the lips of the developers seated in their Manhattan boardrooms?

...it's a drag this guy is and will continue to be a self-deprecating JC joke for the next few years, but the mishandling of the current ongoing development deals will have much more of a long-lasting effect, and last on long after he teeters off into the sunset.

mark my words.

Posted on: 2006/6/29 2:30
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

citybelt wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Someone recently told me the Journal is republican owned. Why aren't they all over this stuff like flies on sh*t? Are they afraid of the HCDO telling people to boycott them? The thread about plant theft had a reporter from the Star Ledger inquiring there. For heaven's sake a Pulitzer lurks in this story!! Hello......?

As for the Journal's ownership, it's the same as the Start Ledger, both owned by Advance Publications, which is SI Newhouse's (the New Yorker, etc.) media empire.

http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/advance.asp

SI Newhouse is a classic American rags to riches story. Local boy makes good.
"Rosebud"

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compan ... -Inc-Company-History.html

Posted on: 2006/6/28 23:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/16 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Someone recently told me the Journal is republican owned. Why aren't they all over this stuff like flies on sh*t? Are they afraid of the HCDO telling people to boycott them? The thread about plant theft had a reporter from the Star Ledger inquiring there. For heaven's sake a Pulitzer lurks in this story!! Hello......?

As for the Journal's ownership, it's the same as the Start Ledger, both owned by Advance Publications, which is SI Newhouse's (the New Yorker, etc.) media empire.

http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/advance.asp

Posted on: 2006/6/28 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

scooter wrote:
yeah, let's start a movement!

credit where credit's due... thanks, brewster

I suspect it would take a team of forensic accountants and some hundreds of thousands of dollars to unravel the web that is JC finances. Just the try to parse the complexity of the equation that city gets paid a chunk upfront and nets more via PILOTS versus being paid less by standard taxes but the schools get more and the properties can be reassessed. The former seems to benefit the current administration to the detriment of future budgets. But no one has proven it that I've heard.

Compared to that, dissecting a parking authority that can't generate enough revenue to cover it's salaries should be a slam dunk. My guess is no-show jobs and padded overtime.

Posted on: 2006/6/28 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the new official jclist.com signature....

Posted on: 2006/6/28 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
SAME SHIT, DIFFERENT DAY !!!

TOO BAD..

CK

Posted on: 2006/6/28 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Short term political appointments to bump up the pension.

The public needs to clammer for not only a qualified police chief, but one that will commit to serving the full term of the administration.

Still, I feel the police department is in better shape then under the former administration. The political appointments are not new, but hopefully will get better with public pressure.

Take your posts and complain to the city council during the open speaking portion and in letters to the editor of the Journal and Reporter.

Posted on: 2006/6/28 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
how long does he get this 97k a year, forever? What a joke, and they're raising taxes to cover this?

We need to be careful who the Mayor picks to replace him. We would all like to see a well qualified person who has previous LEO experience at the highest rank.

Posted on: 2006/6/28 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, let's start a movement!

credit where credit's due... thanks, brewster

Posted on: 2006/6/28 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe if we all add it to our signature, we might get an answer?

Posted on: 2006/6/28 17:43

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

scooter wrote:
I got here after the election - stil trying to figure out how this guy got elected.

It's even worse, the timing of this administration, that it's coincided with all the developers coming to the city to make deals. The 20-30 year PILOT giveaways they've been handing out will be hurting Jerseey City long after Mayor McTipsy's gone.

I might as well make this my signature:

"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development."

He got elected because lots of us saw him as the least of the evils running. The quality of political candidates in JC is abysmal. Every time I've heard a councilmember or council candidate speak I've been appalled, with the exception of Fulop and possibly Vega. I'm not talking about their positions, just their lack of coherence.

BTW, that me you're quoting. Maybe we should do bumper stickers and sell them at the farmers markets!

Posted on: 2006/6/28 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I got here after the election - stil trying to figure out how this guy got elected.

It's even worse, the timing of this administration, that it's coincided with all the developers coming to the city to make deals. The 20-30 year PILOT giveaways they've been handing out will be hurting Jerseey City long after Mayor McTipsy's gone.

I might as well make this my signature:

"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development."

Posted on: 2006/6/28 17:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
man, i feel duped! i voted for healy and i got a letter in the mail promising more cops on the street, safer neighborhoods. what crap!

Posted on: 2006/6/28 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
You watch, now Troy will get a sweet job with the County plus his his 97,000 pension.Only in J.C. can you fail upward.Now Healy will make his other pal Comey chief so Comey can get his time in as chief and bump up his pension to Troy's level.All three are a disgrace,playing games with the most important department in the city.Forget about a nation wide search,best man for the job,all the things a competant mayor would do,Healy has been exposed(no pun intended)as nothing more than a drunken political hack who is padding the payroll for his disreputable cronies.
Jersey City will continue to be a second class city as long as this fool is in office.2009 can't come soon enough........

Posted on: 2006/6/28 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Goodbye, Chief Troy. Hopefully the next Chief will do more to reduce crime and improve our quality of life in JC.

Posted on: 2006/6/28 14:47

JERSEY CITY POLICE CHIEF TROY CALLING IT QUITS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
JERSEY CITY CHIEF CALLING IT QUITS
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City's top cop abruptly announced at his department's awards ceremony yesterday that he's retiring from the force.

"This Friday will be my last day as your chief," Police Chief Robert Troy said during yesterday's ceremony at Liberty State Park. "I will retire effective July 1. I am very excited, as are my wife and kids."

The Jersey City native, appointed by Mayor Jerramiah Healy, served as chief for 22 months.

"I will miss you. Stay safe and always make it home at the end of your shift. God bless," Troy said, triggering a standing ovation.

After the announcement, Healy told The Jersey Journal: "I would like if he could stay longer, but he wanted 25 years (of service time) and he is in good health and he was going to go."

Troy wouldn't say what his future plans are, but quipped he might like to try out for the Mets. He will receive an annual pension of 65 percent of his $149,200 salary, or about $97,000.

Neither Troy nor Healy would say who will be tapped to take the post, but both said the choice would "not be a surprise." Sources have said Lt. Tom Comey, Troy's chief of staff, is at the top of a short list that also includes Robert Dalton, executive director of the Jersey City Parking Authority and a retired police officer.

Healy is expected to name Troy's successor Friday, said Sgt. Edgar Martinez, a spokesman for the department.

Troy said he'd intended to retire in March - 25 years and a month after he joined the force - but pushed it back. In January, City Councilman Steve Fulop had sent a letter to Healy calling for Troy's resignation.

"A certain politician probably knew and tried to get five minutes of fame by calling for my retirement," Troy said. "The mayor said, 'You can't go out, not like this.'"

Yesterday, Fulop wished Troy luck, but said his departure is a positive change for the city.

"I think my recommendation to Mayor Healy was accurate and correct," Fulop said. "He can call it what he wants to call it, but the truth is the truth. The statistics and feedback from residents speak for themselves. Look at the data from the FBI statistics for 2005."

Crime statistics released by the FBI recently showed violent crimes in Jersey City in 2005 rose more than in any other large city in the state. According to the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, there were 39 homicides in Jersey City last year, the highest city total since 1982.

Troy said he should be judged based on the 2006 statistics, not last year's, because he was rebuilding the department. He said the police force's numbers were at an all-time low when he was appointed chief in November 2004 by Healy, who had won a special election to complete the term of the late Mayor Glenn D. Cunningham.

Troy replaced Ronald Buonocore, who was appointed by Cunningham in January 2003 and resigned 17 months later under pressure from City Council President L. Harvey Smith, who became acting mayor after Cunningham's death in May 2004.

He also said he formed several specialized units during his tenure, including the gang and robbery units, and instituted the CompStat system to track crime reports.

Troy said statistics for the first six months of 2006 show a considerable decrease in crimes reported to police compared to the same period in 2005, including a 30 percent decrease in homicides so far this year.

"I believe I left it better than I found it and if I did that, I'm very satisfied," he said.

Posted on: 2006/6/28 14:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017