Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Home Invasion at Gunpoint -- Three sleeping roommates woken by two gunmen
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/14 20:38
From Journal Square / Marion
Group:
Registered Users
I think there is more to this story.

I will bet you the kid who got robbed went at out at 4:30 AM looking for drugs. Or, this kid had bought in the past and knew them, or maybe the kids who got robbed where drug dealers themselves. Dealers often rob other dealers.

What if these robbers were white, hispanic, or asian?

Maybe that is the reason why race it is not mentioned...

Posted on: 2006/8/15 20:36

Re: Heights: Home Invasion at Gunpoint -- Three sleeping roommates woken by two gunmen
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
maybe the city and state should be calling in the National Guard. Crime seems to be so rampant in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It must have been a big basement with 4 men living there.

[quote]
GrovePath wrote:
2 gunmen: 'Take us to your home'
Once inside the house, the gunmen ordered him to his knees as they searched the basement. When the robbers came upon his two roommates, they made them lie face down on the ground, victims told police.

[snip]
The robbers then found a fourth man, who screamed for police, reports said. They grabbed another $20 from a table as they fled the house.

quote]

Posted on: 2006/8/15 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
I agree the JJ trys to play the political correctness line too much .

When it comes to protecting the public and getting the word out that these some skumbags out there terrorizing the public,there should be no limits on descriptions .

Getting back to this case, I find it a bit strange this dude decided to take a walk at 4am, not to take away from the fact that theres 3 Skumbags driving around looking for victims since there are people who are either coming home from work or leaving for work at that time of the AM...

Hope the JCPD sends out the dog catchers for these Punks !!!

CK

Posted on: 2006/8/15 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/8 22:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:
It drives me crazy when the Journal leaves out the race of people. Okay everybody, look out for some scruffy 5'8" and 5'10" guys. That should be enough, right?

Uh oh. Who's got my bail money?

Posted on: 2006/8/15 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Both men were described as 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10, in their early 20s, with scruffy facial hair - one skinny and one of medium build.

It drives me crazy when the Journal leaves out the race of people. Okay everybody, look out for some scruffy 5'8" and 5'10" guys. That should be enough, right?

It's bizarre. They must think it's offensive to give descriptions of criminals who are on the loose. I think it's offensive not to.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Police Director Sam Jefferson asks anyone with information to contact the Jersey City Police Department at (201) 547-JAIL.

I think this is the first time I have come across the name Sam Jefferson. I didn't even know we had a police director. Do we need a police director? What does he do? Does he tell the chief what to do who in turn tells the troops what to do? I thought it was the chief's job to run the department.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I would love more information -- what race are the two gunmen and the third guy in the white get away car?

I would also love to hear what the other roommates think.

It seems odd for the one roommate to be out at 4am and run into THESE guys who demand him to take them to his house!

I am only guessing but it this seems that this 22 year old roommate might like to buy drugs off the street -- Otherwise there are really crazy criminals out there.

Ok, there are but still...

I might be wrong here but something doesn't add up.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 13:45

Heights: Home Invasion at Gunpoint -- Three sleeping roommates woken by two gunmen
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Two men forced a Jersey City Heights man at gunpoint to lead them to his home and then robbed him and three other victims early Saturday morning, reports said.

The 22-year-old victim, who lives on Lincoln Street, said he left his house and walked east toward Central Avenue just before 4 a.m., when two men approached him and threw him to the ground, reports said.

They pointed guns at him and ordered him to let them into his house, the victim told police.

"If you want to live, take us to your home and give us your money," one of the attackers said.

Once inside the house, the gunmen ordered him to his knees as they searched the basement. When the robbers came upon his two roommates, they made them lie face down on the ground, victims told police.

The robbers then riffled through the victims' wallets and dressers, grabbing two cell phones, money and bank cards, reports said. The robbers then found a fourth man, who screamed for police, reports said. They grabbed another $20 from a table as they fled the house.

Both men were described as 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10, in their early 20s, with scruffy facial hair - one skinny and one of medium build. One of the victims also said he saw a man in a white car slowly follow the robbers on Lincoln Street, reports said.

Police Director Sam Jefferson asks anyone with information to contact the Jersey City Police Department at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2006/8/15 12:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017